Amd buyers remorse general /amdbrg/

I love that I paid close to $1000 total to upgrade to a product that doesn't work as advertised and a shitty BIOS that's still a beta release (fuck you MSI, give me a stable BIOS) that causes the system to semi-randomly shut itself down.

Attached: amd-ryzen-9-3900x-cooler-900x506.jpg (900x506, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUQ9iUyd0uM
asus.com/Motherboards/Pro-WS-X570-ACE/
asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X470D4U2-2T#Specifications
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>MSI
found your problem

its ok we all know you didn't buy anything

>buy early, get cucked
>buy late, get sucked

It's like you've nevour achĂȘter une piece de tech before, user. We all know the roules.

Pretty much this

op didn't buy shit lol

>early adopter
You deserve everything you get.

come home cute man :3

Attached: 44104FC1-2B51-4036-BC70-02CA80973345.png (1920x1080, 596K)

>7/23
>that filename
If you're gonna be a baiting tranny, at least make it believable

unless your livelihood depended on it, I don't get what the rush is to get this day 1. Wait a few weeks for the kinks to get worked out at least

Hey man cheer up. If it makes you feel any better, you'll get 0.1% more FPS than me with my 7600K

Attached: 1562628265162.png (1920x1080, 731K)

>he actually listened to Jow Forums

Attached: 1517246588998s.jpg (117x125, 2K)

Attached: Corelet.png (975x617, 303K)

>tfw high fps gaming on my 9900k 2080ti, laughing at AMD poorfags

Attached: 71790909.png (1920x1080, 65K)

werks fine for me bro

i bought a family member an r5 2600x and a b450 Aorus mobo for less than i paid for the i5 (249) in my computer. im happy.

My fucking Asus Prime X370 Pro still doesn't have any Ryzen R9 series listed in CPU compatibility.

My shitty asrock b350 has 3900x support. Because fuck logic.

>muh BIOS
Based Tech Jesus and even AMD Unboxed shooting that shit down

youtube.com/watch?v=JUQ9iUyd0uM

Ryzen 3000 is not what AMDrones hyped it up to be, Intel is still the gaming king

This. Based asrock always come through with the memes. Not that I'd put anything more than a 3600 in it myself.

>nevour achĂȘter une piece de tech
lol is that fucking frog?

AMD really scraping the barrel now eh?

>Asus Prime X370 Pro
Yes it does idiot.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-07-09 01.20.45.png (1928x1066, 130K)

I said fucking R9 support you dipshit.
It only goes up to the fucking 3800x which is a MOTHERFUCKING R7

Attached: R9.png (1183x870, 68K)

you do own a 144 hz monitor to take advantage of that fps right

all I can see from these charts is that Intel is still king of gaming

>buy feed, get fucked
>buy seed, get sucked

Attached: 1551748239009.gif (1100x450, 326K)

AMD shill numbers went down by order of magnitude. Happens after every amd launch.

Attached: ayyymd.jpg (568x612, 66K)

post your rig, Ryzen box and time stamp

check'd

>Security mitigations disabled.
>AMD patches not enabled
>Not using 3600 DDR4 RAM
iCope

And still loses.....shame.

You don't necessarily need 144hz to make use of that high fps, buy a 144hz screen tho

I have an MSI BIOS and it works perfectly. Shills gonna shill

Same, I had to install the latest bios on my z390 because ram wouldn't boost to 4000mhz, Runs like a champ now.

based

Oh come now now, you buy something bleeding edge and expect it to work perfectly without MINOR firmware related stuff? Remember this is not just a new CPU line, but an entirely new chipset, with PCI-E 4.0 etc.

Also, while MSI is - depending on the particular board - not a bad options (ie Only the upper tier of the overclocker boards like BigBangX or GODLIKE ), they're not on the same level as Asus. You'd be better off for stability and perfromance with an Asus board of some variety , with the ROG Crosshair VII line being the best ; Crosshair VII Formula is best of the best unless an Extreme model is released down the line, but Hero (WiFi) is the best compromise of features and price at the highest quality tier.

While the Ryzen 9 "X" 12 core is a nice piece of kit, I think that the Ryzen 7 "X" 8-cores are a better option for the moment, until the end of the summer and the top binned chips will be used for the Ryzen 9 3950X 16-core overclocking performance erection mode CPUs instead. Either that, or wait for later in the year to pick up the Zen2 Threadripper

I'd ask for a timestamped pic of your gear but we all know you're a intel shill who's afraid of losing his job.

>reddit spacing

Does PBO2 work on x470 mobos???

Attached: 19-113-567-V03.jpg (640x480, 73K)

>they're not on the same level as Asus. You'd be better off for stability and perfromance with an Asus board of some variety
Rev 0 prime x390 pro owner here, you're full of shit. Wish I'd went with an Asrock.

Thinking of upgrading from the [email protected] to the 3600 at stock, pretty sure my Asus B350M-A is compatible and I upgraded the bios.

One thing I am concerned about is memory, I have four sticks of hyperx fury @2166, how much does fast ram even matter and would it be worth it to upgrade? I can't find a single chart comparing performance so should I assume it's negligible?

why there are no professional workstation mobos for AMD? I dont want gaymer shit

Literally threadripper.

are all threadripper mobos professional mobos then?

you bought a 7600k?

>integer scaling
so close to being a proper shitpost

this, every "remorse" thread in the first 2 weeks

asus.com/Motherboards/Pro-WS-X570-ACE/

the bleeding edge of anything is retarded, give it a week mate

>Being an early tech adopter

This is why you're retarded. Wait literally 1 fucking week and literally a majority of the issues will be smoked out by then and then you can buy a CPU and have it kicking for the next decade.

>9900k
>Richfag

lmao you think you're a richfag using a mainstream consumer chip what a faggot. Richfags have 9980XEs and are using them for doing more interesting shit than playing vidya games.

There are x570 mobos designed for workstation and TR has existed for years its just kind of been mediocre compared to Intels offerings.

>Also, while MSI is - depending on the particular board - not a bad options (ie Only the upper tier of the overclocker boards like BigBangX or GODLIKE ), they're not on the same level as Asus.

Honestly I've had less problems with MSI than any other brand and don't know why they get a sub-premium rap. They make good shit.
They're also one of the few brands that have RMA service in my country that doesn't require international shipping.

Asus strikes me as being incredibly overrated and if anything their asrock brand has impressed me more in recent years with shit like the taichi boards.

Better avg fps can mitigate extreme frametime lows and you most definitely feel the difference even on a 60hz monitor, 144 is just normal gaming these days

Just return it fag, it's been what a few days?
But of course you don't have anything.

based sneedposter

MSI has decent hardware but shit software, they always have problems with BIOS/UEFI and they are quick to drop support for old boards no matter how expensive they were.

BIOS is the board manufacturers responsibility, not AMD's

Why do you give a shit? It's not like you're putting it in a window case you sexless faggit

They unlinked ram frequency to the infinity fabric if i understand correctly so ram frequency matter less then it did before

whoa haha check this guy out he fell for 2 baits lole

Attached: when you forget you're retarded.jpg (813x576, 180K)

Asus are the only trusted motherboard manufacturers

3950x is better than threadripper

No one here needs that 64gb ram shit

Assrock has one. asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X470D4U2-2T#Specifications
But manufacturers generally didn't believe in AMD and only bothered with cheap gayman shit.

Attached: 1562650493109.jpg (1500x928, 733K)

Lmao I need WAY WAY WAY more than 64gb of ram. I need so much ram that I just buy old servers because it's the most cost-effective way to get it.

Well I've got nothing to lose by trying it with my old memory and seeing if the performance is fine.

>paid close to $1000
lol

Buying mine today

thanks for baiting me /g-v/ now I got a 3700x and an x470 with bios problem + RAM that doesn't OC. I can't even pay my gym membership now and i'm gonna lose my gains made in the last 2 years

asus can't even be bothered putting any details to their latest bios for the x470 prime pro. thanks, anus.

Attached: mystery bios.png (1790x1598, 141K)

Intel paid ad.

This

What are you doing with that ram?

Post time stamp showing R9, motherboard box and CPUZ faggot.

This

>implying he owns something better than 6600k/8gb of ram 2133mhz single channel/1050 ti

/thread

It's already confirmed the BIOS update didn't change shit, as everyone with IQ over 80 expected.

OP BTFO

Attached: 1504687768905.jpg (605x685, 77K)

You didn't.

It's funny because all the CPUs were well over 144hz - The benchmark might as well be synthetic because it has minimal impact on real life.

>Better avg fps can mitigate extreme frametime lows
No, a stutter is still a stutter
>you most definitely feel the difference even on a 60hz monitor
Most people don't and it's a massive waste to not "see" those 144fps.
Yes, higher FPS than refresh rate can still improve latency... But this is a CO-OP game not a esport, so it doesn't matter. The difference is very minimal regardless.

The difference between 178 and 212fps is 0.9ms. For scale, a normal humans "latency" or reaction time is 250ms. We are talking about absolutely minimal differences.

>144 is just normal gaming these days
Man the stuff intelaviv comes up with. The people who play 1080p or even 720p with a 2080ti are a absolutely minimal majority. The people who have 144hz screens and try to play at 144+fps are a much bigger, but still very small minority. They can't afford the gear though.

There a 1000 series intel thread up. Just 2 days after intel was supposed to go broke. All you had to do is to wait a day, soon I'll be getting a new comfy intel cpu, probably with functional pcie 4.0 x 16 and also usb4.

Everyone who told me that AMD can only triumph for a gen was right.

This
OP is a faggot and a nigger

Ramming it in my ass

>It work on your socket! Just buy a new CPU bro!
>oops you need even better ram than before or your performances are still halved
>oops XFR2 won't work
>oops this easily cut 20% of the perf improvement of a CPU you spend 300$ just to gain a promised 30% improvement
>genius.jpg

I decided not to upgrade. I'll wait the next gen of hardware and properly upgrade my entire rig. My 1600 is still ok.

Meanwhile, 2700x + Prime X470 Pro has been running like a dream for the past 2-3 months I've had it, don't think I'll be upgrading for the next 3-5 or so years
Sorry for your loss OP

Attached: C9-u37PXsAAwdEZ.jpg (1024x762, 167K)

Dubs of truth

The i9-990k is like 200$ different compare to 3700x where I live. Is it that 200$ worth it?

This

I'm in the same boat, I have slow ram and a 1600.
I'm waiting a few weeks to let someone else test the real world performance for me.

do you have a water cooling set up to OC?

Nope. Had bad experience with water cooling in the past. For now I'm sticking with air

not worth it then.

Who could be behind this post?

Attached: jew-gtfo-slap.jpg (1024x768, 344K)

About 6% better in games for $200+cooling... No, don't get the 9900k.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-09_14-45-05[1].png (662x584, 46K)

>israeli soldier hitting an orthodox jew
What did the retarded amdnigger mean by this?

Why would I have remorse about buying decent hardware for very cheap?

Use oil as a coolant fluid. Loops are guaranteed to leak sooner or later, but at least mineral oil doesn't short your equipment when it leaks, just makes a mess. That said, air is superior to anything short of twin 360 setup.

>Intel's only response to the Ryzen 3000 series release is to send concern trolls to a Chinese Tapestry Restoration Forum.

Attached: 1496259008343.gif (320x240, 1.47M)

TR4 has support up to 2TB ram btw

so in addition to "just wait" now AMDrones say that anything lower than 250ms latency is not noticeable because of normal humans reaction time? are you stupid?