>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value especially used
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - High end, higher FPS. 3900X/9900k is better in some games, but generally only with a 2080Ti @ 1080p.
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high FPS (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible frames, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi launch drivers have issues, particularly with OCing. Wait for non-blowers if considering the XT. 5700 blower is fine, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM chart: imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe don't give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 2019_7-7_SSD_Guide.png (1857x759, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
pcpartpicker.com/list/jjvz29
ebay.com/itm/ZOTAC-GAMING-GeForce-GTX-1660-Ti-AMP-6GB-GDDR6-192-bit-Gaming-Graphics-Card-Sup/382824173272?epid=8029736961&hash=item5922194ed8:g:Z-AAAOSw0D9c48Zv&_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D5cd99985ca581d3aea3cebc4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SSD Purchasing Guide Link: i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png

Someone incorporate this into next OP somehow.

Should I buy the reference version of this card tomorrow? It doesn't seem like a normal shitty blower but I could be mistaken

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_antonyleather_files_2019_07_rtx-2070-super-3-1200x963.jpg (960x770, 60K)

That isn't a blower?

What ram should I pair with a 3700x and a b450 tomahawk

The good kind.

I actually really like the reference Super cards. Compare those to Pascal reference cards which look like Power Ranger toy rejects, the chrome and dual fan design is a nice change.

ddr4

Do AMD cards really have better image quality than Nvidia? I heard the picture quality on AMD cards is much sharper.

If you want to pay $100 more instead of waiting for 5700 XT non-blower cards, yeah go for it.

3200CL16 is perfectly fine. 3600CL16 or better is ideal.

The "super" on it and chrome looks incredibly retarded. I can't tell if they're marketing more to boomers or to children with it. Manchildren, I guess.
But sure, Pascal reference blowers looked even worse.

Any good motherboard options for the R9 3900X?

Well yeah but should I worry about cas latency at all

Can my MSI B450 A-Pro manage 3700x

>meee i need 144hz and 1440p on my gaymessss!! i need the fastest comercial cpu to play my gaymes!!!!!
grow up manchilds

it's clearly not a blower

Set it and forget it? Any set of 3200mhz CL16 will do.
Willing to look around? Some sets of 3600mhz CL16 or 3200mhz CL14 are good nabs.

Attached: 1561295405965.png (730x719, 511K)

Budget: roughly $1000 CAD
Parts I own:
PSU - Corsair CX 600M
Antec kuhler h20 620 liquid cpu cooler
2 sticks of Patriot viper 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram
HDD with my games and SSD with Windows on it
Zalman Z11 case with fans for every opening (huge)
Roccat m2 pro gaming keyboard
Yeti mic
LG 2k wide screen gaming monitor
I believe my cpu is dead and possibly my motherboard as well
My graphics card is old as fuck, needs replacing as well
I want to play modern games at high graphics settings
My old setup couldn't even play gta5
Willing to spend more if a few bucks could make a big difference

Haven't seen that meme for quite a while.

X570 of your choice. If you're cheap grab one from the older generation and update your bios.

Yes.

Non-blower 5700XT will be more expensive than blower reference design. I'd expect a $50 bump over reference MSRP for the high-end non-blowers.

Can the B450 be updated to work with 3xxx PBO?

>Haven't seen that meme for quite a while.
Don't know if we're talking about an old or recent meme but recently some released a video showing how Nvidia sneakily smugs certain futures they know people wouldn't notice unless freezeframed or still pictured.
It's a means to eek out better performance and helps to better explain bigger performance differences between different gen GPUs and Vs amd in certain instances.
They're legitimately fudging picture quality where they think you won't notice

You'll have to do a full upgrade so new mobo, ram and CPU. You can keep the rest of your junk.

How exactly does a mail on rebate work

you mail a cutout of the barcode on the box and they mail back a check

>If you want to pay $100 more instead of waiting for 5700 XT non-blower cards, yeah go for it.
Not him but I am fucking SICK of waiting already. Why the fuck couldn't AMD get their shit together and coordinate with board partners so fan cooled cards are available at launch, not 1-2 months later. Utter fucking incompetence. And I wanted one, too, but I don't think I can wait any longer.

Ryzen 3600 + B450 mobo, 16GB 3200MHz ram and a 5700X. Your peripherals don't matter. Also I don't know anything about your cooler. You may need a new one if that one doesn't have an AM4 kit.

Is the check only useable at wherever you got it from

Is there a review that features all the new ryzens simultaneously? It'd be nice to compare them all.

$450 5700 XT is still better than $500 2070 Super.
>Why
Smaller company. New manufacturing process.
At least the 5700 non-XT blower is actually good this time.

Yes.

I've never seen that. Usually they give a pre-paid card or a regular check.
Grow up and read the terms? Holy fuck I can't imagine what things are going to be like for you when you have to buy a card, take out a loan, if you can't even read rebate terms.

Nope.

3800X never ever.

No because the videos currently out are all outdated and the reviewers are lazy cunts. The new bios updates will happen soon anyways so all the current benchmarks will be defunct.

what
I got a bank of america check from newegg that I deposited into my bank account

>Smaller company.
AMD is not a small company
>New manufacturing process.
Then push back launch. No excuses for this incompetence.
>At least the 5700 non-XT blower is actually good this time.
It's still a fucking blower

>other thread ded
Planning to build a CAD workstation, for AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and other database related extraction and queries (eats tons of threads, easily gobbles up 32GB ram etc)
Will build maybe 2 of these, and might run 24/7
Comments?

Attached: 3900X.png (1088x861, 76K)

>Smaller

GN vid on the BIOS issue is out. Basically no difference they say.

>Paying for win10

Help me out here.

I've got 3600MHz/CL16 RAM + 3700X. However looking through all the X470/B450 motherboards, none of them seem to support 3600MHz RAM "officially". Can I still go for it or will I need X570?

>>Smaller
Yeah no shit, but they're not a small company. At all. Just because they aren't as big as Nvidia (and they're not much behind) doesn't mean they have any excuse for fucking this up.

company is paying, not me, and i just added it there for shit, and now that you mentioned it believe we already have bulk licenses so i guess you can cross that out.

I read a post yesterday that said that Nvidia graphics cards compress colors.

What ever happened to 3800X? Why do I only see 3700X and 3900X?

Anyways, I'm undecided if I'm going to buy a 2080 or a 2080 Ti. Which CPU should I pair with this GPU for 1440p 144Hz?

Attached: 1560313442792.jpg (384x384, 32K)

Give yourself a pat on the back for refuting an argument. It's not the one your opponent was making, but it's a start!

Is realtek lan a meme

Where the fuck can I get a 3700X?

So because AMD is a smaller company than Nvidia, yet still a multi-billion dollar revenue per year company, they don't have to provide a proper cooling solution for their gpus?

>GN vid on the BIOS issue is out. Basically no difference they say.
Completely avoid that this won't be representative of other CPUs in the line up.

also curious on this

Attached: toma.png (1349x463, 320K)

are Ryzen CPUs ok with all 4 memory slots being populated?

At 1440p, you'll be GPU bottlenecked so any of the Zen 2 CPUs will essentially be equivalent

It's been a while since I've bought a graphics card, so I'm a bit out of the loop. I think I've decided on the standard GTX 1660, but now I have to figure out which manufacturer.

Does it matter which brand? Any differences between offerings besides the number of fans and whether it's a blower or not? Just go with whatever is cheapest, or are there certain brands to avoid?

Nvidia isn't providing proper cooling solutions for many of its cards.
RETARD.
What's their excuse?
Huh? Go on. You spammed 5 retarded posts about AMD, where is your spam about Nvidia being EVEN WORSE with this milled heatsink garbage?

Attached: firefox_2019-07-08_22-11-03.png (985x748, 1.03M)

I'm not the guy you were arguing with originally. I just found you quoting the guy literally saying "smaller" and then in the next sentence acting as if he said "small" in absolute terms a really astounding act of pig-headed brazenness and felt I had to point that out.

Your hyperbole as a whole is just making you look stupid even when you have a point. A blower is a "proper cooling situation", it's just not the best.
There's also plenty of reason for them to launch this way. Not all of them admittedly make AMD look good, but it's not the outrage your entitlement makes you feel it is.
If it's a matter of AMD being a "smaller" company, they may not have the clout or the resources to compel or coordinate the third party manufacturers to release their products at a time conducive to AMD's wishes for the lineup. Pushing back the launch would hurt AMD, and it doesn't get people who want non-blowers their non-blower cards faster, it just spites people who are willing to get a blower card for no reason. Meanwhile having blower cards out for a month or two before you get your non-blower cards just gives AMD more time to improve the drivers, so you could choose to look at blowers as guinea pigs for the drivers.
Alternatively, if one wanted to be really cynical, perhaps AMD just released their own blowers early in order to cuck both consumers the third party manufacturers and get more money for themselves from cheaper to manufacture blower cards in the window of time it takes for non-blowers to come out. But that doesn't seem sensible.

What do you mean?

If you're running only 2 sticks, you have a good chance of getting it to work. 4 sticks is asking for a lot though.

>aib cooler is nvidia's fault
kys retarded shill

i don't think many if any reviewers were sent the 3800x so there's not much around. going by the 3900x having high boosts and not getting much of any ground on the other chips on real single thread performance about all you are getting in 3800x is possibly something a little more efficient and capable of a little more at full core usage.

and if you can't figure it out if you are after frames it doesn't matter all that much since they are all around the same single thread performance and most games don't get more out of more threads than the 3600 can do. anything more than that is largely based on what you want to do beyond gaming.

RAM speed is usually reliant on what the CPU is rated for rather than the motherboard. You’ll be fine.

My retarded post spam is ENTIRELY about the unacceptable blowers AMD provided. And the month and a half wait for axial coolers.

>I'm not the guy you were arguing with originally. I just found you quoting the guy literally saying "smaller" and then in the next sentence acting as if he said "small" in absolute terms a really astounding act of pig-headed brazenness and felt I had to point that out.
I switched the wording to small because I didn't feel the difference in size between AMD and Nvidia was nearly enough to warrant that being an argument. But you're right, wasn't my best move.

Your point about the drivers does make sense, but it still feels really shitty to have been waiting so damn long and then have to wait more.

1660 is low enough power that it doesn't matter TOO much. Just don't buy Gigabyte.
You'd be better off getting one of the 1660Ti on sale for $230, though. That's only like $20 more for a significantly better card.

It is Nvidia's fault. AMD doesn't allow its partners to run coolers that bad on Vega 56, despite only having a 5 watt higher TDP on some models. Even on the nano.
GPU dies aren't just sold to AIB partners with no strings attached, ignorant child.

>You'd be better off getting one of the 1660Ti on sale for $230, though. That's only like $20 more for a significantly better card.
Are you aware of any sales happening right now/soon or did I already miss it?

Overclocked memory speeds (above 2188mhz spec) are dependent on the memory controller on CPU and thus a CPU feature, not a motherboard feature.

>Ryzen 3000
>all 4 memory slots populated
yay or nay?

Can you even afford a quad memory kit? or two dual channel kits?
Why 4 slots of memory?

secondarily mb manfactures don't fuck with that shit much after their products launch very much. so searching the internet for what others are using (site:valid.x86.fr and things like it) is more useful than looking there or at product listing that applied to previous ryzen series cpu with their lesser memory controllers.

bought the 3600 and wondering how quite the stock fan is on load also been looking at the Noctua NH-U14S for something more silent.

Attached: 1539785844570.gif (57x74, 5K)

Hi Jow Forums, first time builder from the previous thread . I'm back with an updated parts list and am hoping for some final thoughts before I pull the trigger on this build. Hoping to order what remains tonight so I can get everything delivered by Friday.
Once again, any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated.
pcpartpicker.com/list/jjvz29

Attached: AbrdE0l.jpg (1164x772, 112K)

For 64GB ram for rendering

Pic related.

Join the scythe meme to save some shekels.

If you can afford it, always four.

Attached: 5181431-15378710571709578.png (346x336, 121K)

What should I sell my 2060 and get instead

im 21

There was two on sale earlier today, yeah. They go on sale for $230-$235 pretty regularly. Not worth it at $280. 1660 is hardly worth it at $210 either for that matter when 1660ti seem to more regularly go on sale and for a better value.

5700 XT when non-blower cards come. Either 17th or august, not sure yet.

superdeedooper
or
5700(xt) (wait for fan)

5700xt non-blower edition

>There was two on sale earlier today, yeah
Damn, wish I'd asked here earlier if that's the case. Where can I find these flash sales? Because yeah, if I can get a 1660ti for the price of what I'm seeing 1660s go for, that'd be fantastic.

Jow Forumsbuildapcsales and slickdeals

ebay.com/itm/ZOTAC-GAMING-GeForce-GTX-1660-Ti-AMP-6GB-GDDR6-192-bit-Gaming-Graphics-Card-Sup/382824173272?epid=8029736961&hash=item5922194ed8:g:Z-AAAOSw0D9c48Zv&_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D5cd99985ca581d3aea3cebc4 seems to be 20% off right now, which is $232.

thanks senpai

Attached: nod and thumbs up kid.gif (360x199, 2.07M)

it's supposed to be better than 2000 was according to amd so look at that stuff. if there's anything out for 3000 i'd like to see it.
speed gamer meme is still 2 x 8 single rank but you might not care all that much.

not much choice at 64GB. there's the $700 2 x 32kits that are pretty quick and not much else. if you just need capacity fill them up for much cheaper.

Yeah was thinking about the xt non blowers or 2070 super

pls respond

Attached: ulhXVvVUU3nFHxoEhUNRnwEXUOP3nwvNXKyETQ6c0_4.png (533x527, 45K)

>What do you mean?
I mean that we've yet to see the effects on other mobo or CPUs.

Honestly, the slight premium on non-shit 5700 models with dual/triple fan solutions is probably worth it over the 2060. Of course, this assumes you are OK with being buttfucked from both red and green by paying $350+ for a midrange GPU.

Why is the 3800 not recommended?

little performance boost over 3700x compared to increase in price, 3900x exists.

>nvidia emailed me saying you get some game called control and nu-cuckenstein for buying a super card
>buying 5700 gets you 3 months of xbox game pass for PC
why do manufacturers even bother

So, we have a resident AMD shill but why don't we have one for Intel? This AMD shill had been here for awhile now.

>buy high-end pc
>pirate all games
That's my choice.

The intel one is european, hasnt woken up yet.

Attached: Screenshot_4.jpg (549x665, 135K)

When the best time to buy CPU?
When do prices tend to be lowest?

Attached: 1562447656231.jpg (680x485, 279K)

Currently thinking to order this as a replacement for my 9 year Core i7 930
Any stupid choices? Should I look into Core i7 9600k?
Anyway, what cooler should I pick in under 40 euro? I'm thinking Scythe Kotetsu so far.

Attached: order.jpg (1034x485, 90K)

Hey. The pc anit gonna pay for itself.

Not if you push everything to washed-out nvidia sponsored presets with autistic aliasing, no. Buy if actually have more than room temp iq and tweak settings/config and then push resolution+render scale higher while turning down aliasing, you'll get better visual quality and better performance on amd cards. In some gaymes, tweaking in game settings will suffice. In others, you'll just need to edit some lines.

my ryzen 1600 hits 3.6ghz without adjusting voltages. what clock can i expect if i go higher and how much should i increase the voltage per 100mhz?

Lol. Look at that vsoc temp.
No wonder you igpu doesn't work.
I'm surprised cause that's not the shittiest mobo you could find.

Gigabyte strikes again.

If I do as you say with Nvidia would that work too?

How long will it take for this stupid shit to be back in stock? If they didn't launch their products on a sunday I might've actually had a chance to buy them

Attached: 1508211667081.jpg (960x909, 79K)

>Any stupid choices? Should I look into Core i7 9600k?
that's an i5, and intel is cucking you because the new comet lake i5 has HT, 6c/12t and in a new socket. You just have to wait™