I'll bet none of you would even know how to build a basic calculator from scratch

I have quite a laugh watching you tech "experts", how you all use the most obscure terminology and references in an effort to appear intelligent and discourage readers, hurling insults at each other, imagining your man-level is higher if your calculating machine is faster, and always getting nowhere.

If you cannot design a calculator you shouldn't post here.

Attached: 80s-calculator-interior.jpg (1000x1333, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_description_language
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>from scratch
Good luck digging up all the ore you need and then smelting it yourself

You can make binary adders easily using wood and gravity

Is this the Jow Forums equivalent of fingerboxes? Because I can and have made exquisite fingerboxes. I don't think I could tackle a basic calculator though.

This.
I can made a basic calculator with just some pebbles.

Not an electro-mechanical one

That wasn't a requirement.

>tfw built adder and things in uni
i bet i could make a calculator

Attached: smug.jpg (597x602, 90K)

>tfw my calculator doesn't have a linear actuator and a DC motor

Any monkey can do that with a few dollars of parts and the spec sheets of them, digital electronics are just physical programming at their core

What about a software one?

Is there software that takes code and converts it into hardware components on a diagram, matching the logic? I feel like that would be fun to mess with

I dunno, but there's a thing called a compiler that takes code and converts it into CPU instructions that directly interact with the CPU at the hardware level.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_description_language

Nah I mean like nonprogrammable components, oscillators, memory, transistors. Then fill in the required resistors, caps, and list power requirements

>built adder
Sure you did. You must be very powerful.

Attached: index.jpg (250x188, 16K)

check out KOHCTPYKTOP from zachtronics

dis nigga harvesting a blender lmao

I think it's a pricing gun.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 5K)

its clearly a jigsaw or some sort of jigsaw-like tool

your go-to when you need basic arithmetic is a calculator?
that's why you're insecure about your demonstrably low intellect

kids can't even mental math these days

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand calculators. The inner workings are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the PCB layouts will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Texas Instrument's outlook, which is deftly woven into the calculator industry - its personal philosophy draws heavily from the doki doki literature club, for instance. Calculator enthusiasts understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these machines, to realize that they're not just objects- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike calculators ARE idiots.

I know you spent more time on this that was ever needed, but I'd like to thank you all the same

>wood
You need to construct the seeds out of thin air first

Scratch is not a good enough language to caclulator

I can make a clock, tho

Attached: ahmed-810x462.jpg (810x462, 49K)

Attached: 1522654901156.gif (245x218, 622K)

Was waiting for you to mention Huey Lewis and the news... Son I am disappoint

These days you could roll a calculator with an atmega, an oled and some multiplexed buttons in an afternoon

I have failed you user, I ran out of ideas halfway through, the pasta is longer than I thought

Attached: 1346777645196.png (474x446, 284K)

>Falsely charged with making time machine and Tsar Bomba, and nuking Nagasaki.

Let's make the task easier. Could you people build vacuum transistors and interconnect them with a DC source in such a way that you could connect wires (press buttons), have that send electricity to the transistors and be converted to binary representations of the numbers you desire to input, then interact further to calculate the figures (at your wire connecting command) and output the result onto some sort of display you could interpret?

You probably couldn't.

Attached: 1562043891880s.jpg (125x70, 2K)

What is your point?
Do you want a grasp of electronics to entitle someone to program?
The farmer is not a chef.

yes

Why would we make vacuum transistors when we don't need to?

How about built from wood?

Attached: abacus.jpg (1471x867, 75K)

Because you don't even know how.

It must be electro-mechanical.

I don't understand how this is a challenge, even on transistor level calculators are quite easy to build.

Explain it then, big shot.

>designing calculator
>not just using slide rule

It's just like OP said:
A bunch of know-it-all, tech-term spouting sarcastic pseudo experts, saying all sorts of insults.
But not one of you, NOT A SINGLE ONE, can explain how to build a basic electronic/electrical calculator.

Attached: melmol.jpg (960x960, 123K)

not doing your homework buddy

>sarcastic pseudo experts

>tfw made an ALU in high school using TTL
Didn't know universities could be this shit