Intel BTFO

No extra cooler required. It comes in the box.
youtube.com/watch?v=DBQ1RUeV_oo

Attached: K9GjuK0ODcMY4jAc[1].jpg (2202x1238, 378K)

But everybody already knew that.
Also, don't Intel have their own cooler shipped with non-overclockable processors?

yeah the wraith coolers are great

Intel Stock coolers are shit. The Wraiths, especially the original, Max and Prism are great coolers. So great that some people jury rigged them to cool 6700K's

>RGB
>illumination
What a waste of resources and performance.

How large are these? I won't have a lot of clearance in a CM Elite 110 case.

You can turn it off though 'Dark mode for RGB heathens'.

gaming cpu!
game cache!
game clock!
rgb!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1561846972721[1].gif (350x409, 437K)

Intard!

why don't intel just use their coolers from 10 years ago?

Attached: 1542225865622.png (1338x898, 1.64M)

I'm still confused around PBO2 and it's compatibility with older boards, some people say it's on the CPU and it works with any board while others say you need the x570 chipset to do it.
Is anyone here running a Ryzen 3000 series on a x470? Can you use PBO2 on it?

This, even the stealth that shipped with my 2600 does a great job.

because even they don't like the fucking look of them.

With the lack of overclocking headroom going stock with AMD seems appeaing unless you desire low noise.

I'm buying a 3900, throwing this in my sisters RGB puke build, which currently has an H60. Then I'm using the H60 to go for a monochrome build. IDK what I'm doing with my hyper212+ I guess it's staying on my lightly OC'd 3570k.

Of course it does. AMD products are made for adults who don't have the time or the interest to play with children's toys like overpriced heatsinks.

Attached: AMD - Gentleman.png (920x1104, 487K)

Imagine needing this monstrosity for your CPU

I truly despise the tacky as shit RGB rainbow crap and it's so oversaturated. Gamers have absolutely no taste. They use cases the size of refrigerators to get 100mhz better clocks and think shit looks SICK because all the light coming from the case is blinding.

I look at something like a BOXX or a Mac and the understated premium design just looks so much fucking better. Even if you want to go more flashy with a window build there's better ways to go about doing things than throwing up a rainbow. Something like a compulab airtop3 is also very impressive although not very pretty (passive cooled 9900k).

>Intel Stock coolers are shit. The Wraiths, especially the original, Max and Prism are great coolers. So great that some people jury rigged them to cool 6700K's
They're totally fine for non-overcklockable CPUs really. They're even fine for stock i5 K series.
I'd say they're on par with AMD Stealth.

Then why did techspot compare zen2 chip+stock cooler against an intcel chip+liquid cooler in their benchmarks?

>This
They should have at least compared a 9900K using an equivalent after market cooler.

Those coolers are based. Gave my fingers so many cuts.

Mine looks like that. On i5 4670k. Kind of annoying to put in place though.

>Has to buy a $80+ cooler for a 9900K
>AMD includes a decent cooler in the box

>They're totally fine for non-overcklockable CPUs really. They're even fine for stock i5 K series.
No. I haven't been around them lately (everyone buys AMD), but they did remove the copper lug in the middle a while ago.

But friends had 2000-4000 series i5s with stock cooler. Sounds awful an temps were super hot.

I recall in the past month arguing with PLENTY of people in pcbg and being called an idiot when I suggested to people who were planning to buy a 3600+aio, to instead don't get the aio and use the money to upgrade to a 3700x because the stock cooler was fine.

I truly fucking hope you clowns went ahead and bought the 3600+aio

huge

It's as almost of personal taste and customization is subjective. Just like personal interests are subjective.

Wow what a concept.

...you realize most people match it to a colourscheme right? They just put rainbow on the marketing materials to show it's capable of any color

Yet sadly it's not enough to keep a 3900X or even a 3800X from getting real toasty. 3950X is most likely going to be worse even.

Attached: 3900x.png (609x207, 12K)

Now compare it to a 9900K on an equivalent aftermarket air cooler.

Not true. The non k i8700 will cook itself and can't turbo properly with the stock cooler. And that's because they kept the same design for a chip that suddenly had two more cores and shit thermal interface material

The cooler looks maxed out on 3900x.
Here's hoping a portion of the $750 msrp of the 3950x goes towards an improved wraith cooler.

>b-but it's still better than intel!!
The point is that unlike for Zen 1, the "no cooler needed" doesn't particularly hold anymore at the very least for the 3900X and up, unless you enjoy high temps, lots of noise, and less boosting. And yes, that review did in fact show better benchmarks with the Kraken.

So how good are these CPUs in SFF cases? It looks like you don't need that good of a cooler. I wonder how well a NH-L12S would handle one.

87c load is fine in these circumstances, the room must have been hot or the case had no airflow because others got 75c in prime95. Depending on what you will do with it. It's a 12c/24t. Gaymen won't even be able to load half of those coars. If this cooler is like old ones it's fairly quiet. You can crank up the fan.

>or even a 3800X
Citation needed. we'll see.

>"no cooler needed" doesn't particularly hold anymore
Yes it does. Obviously no cooler is *NEEDED*. It comes with one and it works fine. You do have something to gain though, and it's not unreasonable to splurge on a quieter cooler when you're spending $500 on a CPU...

>high temps
As much as people like memeing them, temps are just a number. Most CPUs in laptops run at 80+c and they still never break.
>lots of noise
[Citation needed]
>less boosting
Yeah you're losing 75-125Mhz all core clock speed, and we're talking ~1% performance difference. Very negligible.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-09_11-45-06[1].png (1034x564, 295K)

This vs noctua hn-u12s ?

Don't bother. get the NH-D14 and use it for the rest of your life

Kek, funny you said that, I bought it ages ago.

but you have objectively shit taste

now what

>Intel have their own cooler
And and it's a joke just like the company itself.

My Wraith cooler sounds like a jet engine when my processor goes above 20%.

Oh well you should try both then and tell us which is better.

I have a really old noctua that I got in 2013, second hand in a old build I paid €350 for. I got the free kit to convert it to am4. It only has 90mm fans... I'm not going to abandon it but I wish I had the D14

>39dBA
>standard
>quiet
May as well not bother including any cooler at all. Replaced mine with a Noctua and you should do the same.

>RGB Heathens

pls tell me this is an Edit.

They're S H I T

Intel unironically needs a chiller to function properly.

Attached: 1562666530056.png (1302x688, 73K)

Nice

i swear goym you will give me a heart attack

2700x stock cooler was loud af.

that would be additional 100$ go- i mean boy

oy veyy

It would cut into shareholder's dividend.

Bullshit

>8c 322w
>12c 230w

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▀█▀.jpg (450x495, 38K)

:)

Attached: 1562685259523.jpg (2419x878, 280K)

Why does it have to come so late

What's with RGB plastered on everything today? It's one of the most pleb-ugly fads.

To attract zoomers like moths to lamps

>AMD products are made for adults
>gamecache

Unironically hyped the first time in my life for a fucking CPU release. Still rocking my 2500k hehe. Intel will never make something that good again...

That was merely to attract gaymurs and you know it. That fuckhuge cache can benefit some games greatly.

Attached: amd_ryzen_3000_horizon_next_e3_2019_014.jpg (2040x1148, 342K)

Why would I want a garbage cooler that I will throw in garbage? Seems like AMD is trying anything to get people to forget that they still lose to Intel in games. FUD on this board is unbelievable. Intel is easy choice if you're gaming. I demand the best so Intel for me.

You're the same mentally ill braindead fanboy who would buy Pentium 4 housefires over Athlon because nothing else matters except 5 extra fps.

Attached: sempron_3400-quake31.gif (434x446, 14K)

Reminder Intel fanboys are retarded Pentium 4 apologists.

Attached: ath-xp2600-com.gif (370x419, 23K)

>intel still uses the fucking pushpins

lmao

Attached: hpit-495_hpit_495_05_800x800.jpg (800x800, 148K)

>What a waste of resources
at this point, you're really not adding much to the price by having RGB included.

It's why the majority of GPUs and motherboards have RGB standard, even at cheaper price points, the manufacturing cost to add RGB is simply insignificant, as long as I have a way to disable the lighting, I don't give a fuck if a product has RGB lighting or not.

I was once a retard like you. Have fun with your monthly performance killing patch. Intel was too greedy and now they pay the price.

>everyone buys amd
Lol i know 5 people who own a 8th or 9th gen intel and one person who bought amd. All of them are professional programmers that i work with

Security doesn't matter

Attached: Zen2_security.png (1000x562, 569K)

>i know 5 people
Your indian family doesn't count.

I am a professional programmer myself and I also know professional programmer who buy mac books and are too dumb to build a PC.(Of course they are mostly web developer faggots lol) Means nothing. I am getting an AMD next btw. since compiling my C++ junk is significantly slower after all those nice security patches. Fuck Intel. 600€ out the window.

Jews. Intel cut every corner possible to extract the most shekels for the least effort. A copper slug does not please the shareholders, goyim.

Cope
Cool story. Your "programmer" coworkers are fucktards if they cant play adult legos with pc parts

A lot of programmer are fucktards who just went to Uni and are basically glorified secretaries these days. This is why it means nothing anymore. You can be a programmer without knowing anything else. I know enough of those Soiboys. You get what I men? They buy Intel or Mac because of brand recognition. Literally Jow Forums normalfags. Many such cases. Sad.

Ok but most of my friends all have AMD now. most of them had sandy-tier intels. 4 of us have ryzens, one is a poor student who still has bulldozer and one, the clown/cringe/basedboy bought kaby before ryzen like a retard.

I think I know someone on discord who has 8/9th gen incel but most people either still have their sandies or bought ryzen.

>fun is haram

There is so much projection right here its hard to unpack

imagine the seething 3rd party cooler manufacturers are experiencing when amd cuts into their profits
I guess a lot of shilling here are mad manufacturers that you are not buying intel housefire paired up with their shit

same.

Still bought noctua nh d15

What do you mean? Are you one of those Incel users or even worse, Mac fags?Tech tranny perhaps? You seem a bit triggered by facts.

>Once
Hate to break it to you retard...

>Jews. Intel cut every corner possible to extract the most shekels for the least effort
OY VEY GOY

Now you are just embarrassing yourself. It doesnt matter what brand tools i use. It doesnt define who i am.

Then why are you here?

D14 does not fit my case. Already have s12u

Makes sense considering they sit at temps hotter than the sun's core.

(Higher is better)

I'll have you know my tower is the size it is because I have limited workspace and can use it as an end-table.

Attached: BIGGER BARS ARE BETTER AMD BTFO.png (631x310, 21K)

when is the rgb meme finally dying?

>FUD on this board is unbelievable.
What you're talking about isn't FUD. It's shilling/deception/lies.
>AMD lose to intel in games
Yes, if you want to pay the most and get the most FPS in games. That's not where most of the market is situated.

>That's not where most of the market is situated
oy vey goy shut up and buy intel

jesus christ

Can I stick with the wraith prism for the 3700X? These CPUs don't seem to have that high of an OC headroom anyway, so blowing 50€ on a mugen5 rev b seems kind of overkill? Gonna be typical gameloads with a second monitor browsing the web or some shit.