Hi user

Hi user,

Thanks very much for your interest in [COMPANY NAME] and for interviewing with us for the [JOB TITLE] position. We appreciated the chance to meet you and learn more about your experience.

I regret to tell you, however, that we won’t be moving forward with your candidacy for this particular role.

Attached: Me_Irl.jpg (530x805, 58K)

My mailbox is filled with those messages.

same

Attached: 1550717417811.jpg (1242x1215, 797K)

Bumping my thread so I can continue to complain on how rough it is to get a job

Instead of shitposting in Jow Forums you could've put some hours into learning a technology.

Attached: 1558795634937.jpg (634x620, 38K)

implying I don't shitpost to clear my mind between two sections of a textbook

At this point Jow Forums should have an unemployed general.

Good luck then. Be confident in your programming language, Have general understanding of common algorithms so you can recognize when to apply them. Knowing best practices in software design goes a long way (SOLID for OOP enterprise)
Try not to feel too nervous on the interview - Usually I ask candidates at the start to tell about their experience just so they dont feel too stiff as a conversation starter.
Dont stop until you succeed mate.

Thanks mate.
I've got nothing to do with OOP, I'm in embedded so I do C and bit fuckery.
(One rejection was a straight "no" without feedback after the application. Another one was after an interview. I got the "ur overqualified lmao" meme response along with overamplified nitpicking).
I'm chill with interview if the interviewee is not trying to pull 4D chess traps.
One request for advice would be for salary negotiation. Of course, I'd like to maximize my income. I've also made up my mind on a minimum salary below which I would decline the offer.
Any tip on how to ask for more money without being a greedy slob?

make sure you get something before you start getting "picky" with your salary lmao, you have the ticket to long term neetness

>We wish you the best in your job search and future career

Attached: Crying-Cat-Meme-02.jpg (500x259, 13K)

Rejection letters are fine.
What I hate are no replies at all.

>Any tip on how to ask for more money without being a greedy slob?
Be in a position where you can ask for more money.

I'm not a neet tho
they won't know I'm broke if I don't show I'm desperate :^)

Is it even possible to get a job with a CV filled up by neetyears of nothingness?

You can find median salary for your position somewhere and ask somewhat more than that first(depending on the cost of life and your spendings where you live). Imo your goal at this point to get employed first and get production experience so you can sell yourself for more later.

hahahahah i just got a 130k remote job offer and I was making 85k. I'm not even a year out of grad

get good nerd

Attached: mock.jpg (474x473, 12K)

Out of curiosity, how long should one stay in company before selling oneself to another one without looking like an unreliable guy? Two three years?

>tfw never had interaction with a girl

Attached: 4L_CEkT5CPj.jpg (933x700, 178K)

every time i job hopped i got a 50% raise, so I'm doing it every 10 months. Fuck job loyalty

Attached: smuganimeguy.jpg (640x736, 65K)

Last Sunday a drunk lady who sat next to me in the train fell asleep on my shoulder. Does that count?

It's because I am a nerd with nerd friends and not a normie Chad like the other candidates isn't it?

I bet they can't even use grep on a command line.

Attached: nerds.jpg (400x300, 36K)

It's more than I have ever experienced.

>experience required
>Scrum Master: 8 years (Preferred)

>They actually bothered to send a rejection letter
wew lad they must've liked you.
Even the recruiter tries to register me again the following week like I'm not already on file and didn't speak to the exact same person, nevermind telling me I didn't get it I already know from the silence.

Fucking hell this.
It's so goddamn tiring to apply for low wage shit jobs and these companies to not even send an automated reply. The whole "we'll call you" routine is irritating as well because spam callers are too frequent nowadays so picking up random numbers in hopes that it's a job will only lead to some automated scam.
Fuck. Shit's annoying

based

It depends. Imo it might look like a bell curve:
>Junior guys need experience and are ready to tolerate bullshit to get it at first so they stay at one place until they feel they can sell themselves for better.
> Middle guys start caring about bulshit more and might want to hop around to see how it's done in other companies + better pay.
> The more experience and seniority you get, the more you understand that bullshit is everywhere and you learn to deal with it/introduce change yourself e.t.c. By that time you can find a more or less comfortable place with a good pay and might have other stuff like family/kids/mortgage so you are less inclined to risk it and change jobs.

I was speaking from my experience only, so it can vary.

I knew I shouldn't have worn my ranger shorts to the interview.
It was deadlift day after all..

literally never received this and I got one of my current jobs as a joke, with almost 0 effort.

>might have other stuff like family/kids/mortgage
That's the reason I'm looking for a good income.
I don't want to get a family started if I can't provide enough for comfort and safety

ITODDLERS BTFO

>Get a degree in fucking psychology
>Took about 50 apps and 10 interviews to find a nice job
>Still get recruiter emails and interviews
Seriously what the fuck are you guys doing? Writing cover letters in semen? Boasting about rapes on LinkedIn?

Attached: 1561486002367.jpg (320x320, 19K)

Why are you still here associating with us losers?

>he didn't get a job at his first try
are you even trying?

>Took about 50 apps and 10 interviews to find a nice job
Wow, and here I was complaining that none of my first 3 interviews panned out

Normie get out!

I've only been rejected once after applying for a job. This last time I had three offers and the job I had wasn't awful but I still took the offer with the most money. I'm a systems engineer, so maybe there's a shortage or something, but I get 2 - 3 emails a week from recruiters offering me $30k+ more than I'm making now (and my current salary is way more than I would have expected at my age) but I'm pretty comfy and I'd like to stick it out here for at least another year or so. Plus I might get promoted and they will throw even more money at me.

Have you heard back about your application to [ENTRY-LEVEL DEVELOPMENT POSITION, NEW GRADUATES WANTED]?
>Submitted five weeks ago
>Number of applicants: 850

How do you know how many applicant there are?

same

>Got current job after unknowingly talking to the owner for 15 minutes.
Get on my level kiddo.

Attached: 123412357.jpg (913x685, 51K)

>sign up for Glassdoor looking for new grad job
>get flooded with emails every day
>You look like a good fit for
[SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, MONGOLOIDDB]

Not him but LinkedIn displays such number. Some kind of peer pressure Jedi mind trick I guess

Psych major here, what do you do?

fuck software engineering
is an academic career in cs worth it? i cant bring myself to work in code monkey shit after studying complex stuff at college

>Required: Cover Letter

Attached: 1506815027132.png (411x396, 292K)

Are you not normally sending cover letters?

You should have been a transgender black illegal immigrant, user