>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - High end, higher FPS.
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity. Best gaming CPU with SMT disabled into 12c/12t to bypass software scheduling issues.

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible FPS, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi launch drivers have issues, particularly with OCing. Wait for non-blowers if considering the XT. 5700 blower is fine and comparable to 2060 FE noise levels, due to being low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe don't give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy
>See "more" for VRM chart

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

prev

Attached: zen2 streaming.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/q4Z4yX
pcpartpicker.com/product/RWF48d/crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3000-memory-bls2k8g4d30aesck
pcpartpicker.com/list/Q26c29
palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3097&lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=HibeyiJ5z9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=JUQ9iUyd0uM
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2081&v=45fQaCl9WlA
pcpartpicker.com/list/NjbncY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Added some info about the thread scheduling issue and benefits/drawbacks of disabling SMT to the pcbg-more paste.

Every 2070 super card on geizhals is over 700 euros and even costs the same as 2080 cards with better cooling. 2070 price is still the same.

>>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
Yeah?

Reminder that Intel is still king in gaming

Attached: relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png (500x1250, 79K)

yeah.

pcpartpicker.com/list/q4Z4yX

Which ram and psu should i pick ?
Also i need a monitor for about 250 or ill just stick to my 60hz

What's the performance drop like between 4x8 versus 2x16 or 2x8?

Only as long as you test the games no one plays which favor Intel like Far Cry 5, and ignore the games people play like CSGO.
Hell even Kingdom Come Deliverence has more players according to Steamcharts than Far Cry 5, and KCD performs 10% better on the 3900X compared to the 9900k.

Don't think Nvidia can control every country's retailer to keep them from price gouging.
Don't you have a consumer protection bureau you can contact about that?

>just buy a $500 cpu to play cs:go
lemao

To try diagnose a GPU issue some user recommended HWinfo, and I noticed all my CPU cores were at maximum voltage (~1.25v)
So I change the maximum processor state from 100% to 99% and they all drop to 1v.
What's the deal with this? My last computer had this ridiculous issue too, though it had far worse cooling so I had to do that just to keep the CPU from hitting 75C+ while idle.

My pentium gets well over 200 fps in csgo retard. Do you have a 600hz monitor or something?

Get a 5700 instead of 2060. Even the blower is superior to 2060. RAM: Any cheap pair of Crucial Ballistix.
pcpartpicker.com/product/RWF48d/crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3000-memory-bls2k8g4d30aesck
PSU: EVGA BQ is decent. I dunno much about PSUs personally though.

2070 starting price was over 700 eur in EU for non FE models. It will fall but the question is when. I don't expect the prices to fall for the next 2 months and 2080 super is not going to lower 2080 card prices.
>Don't you have a consumer protection bureau you can contact about that?
I'm buying abroad cause the price difference between my country and austria/germany is already 100-200 eur depending on which gpu.

Attached: 2070rog.jpg (1740x502, 120K)

Seething intelfag

Attached: 1562550251487.jpg (1019x569, 59K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/Q26c29

I want to retire my old xeon rig and split it into a proper workstation and this comfy little entertainment build. Keeping the GPU and I already have the ODD. Could this be made cheaper? I will pretty much only use it for playing old-ish games at 1080p and to stream 4k Netflix and BluRay to my TV.
Suggestions for a different case also very welcome.

Get a RX 5700 instead

Fuck i keep seeing people say that ram CL is really important on Ryzen.

Mindfactory has a 2070 super for 479€, ready for shipping in 2 days

Pretty cool.

Attached: Screenshot_20190709-114140.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Is PBO a bad idea right now then?

Also god damn still no answer, did the bios just fuck MSI boards? I hear a lot of people having strange bugs when using the beta bios, I got one that stops one of my fan headers from working post boot.

Attached: 1543809860610.jpg (600x600, 64K)

>source: yt channel with 5 subs
kek

Attached: oh no no no.png (1920x1080, 731K)

R5 3600 is better

do i need a cpu cooler? pls rate build

Attached: PC.jpg (1575x921, 142K)

>3900x 178 Avg FPS
>9700k 170 1% FPS
Intel BTFO intcel

Is rx590 nitro a good option for 230€? I can't go múch higher than that, even this
is a little too much for me, 1660 costs 240€.

>Fuck i keep seeing people say that ram CL is really important on Ryzen.
It is. Why? The ballistix sports a really good kit.
Lol. First adopters always get the shaft.

The wraith spire should be alright.
If you want to OC you should get a cooler though.
That can wait of course.

>My source is more kosher than yours
Quality arguments Intel shills are known for

Attached: 1562550395815.png (1679x835, 505K)

>beta bios
no such thing. That's how it's supposed to work. AMD just lied

Attached: AdoredTV_on_Zen_2_Boost_Clocks.png (634x841, 286K)

Give it a week or two and we should see the BIOS mess unfuck itself.
There are always problems with these AMD launches.

>do i need a cpu cooler?
No, your cpu already comes with one. It's more worthwhile to spend that extra money on a gpu upgrade.

Harder to overclock or get spec speeds/timings

>LTT
Absolutely haram or whatever they say in Hebrew.

And the source you linked stated their results are wrong because of bios issues, what's your point?

It has the most subs so according to intelfags it's the most valid source

>COPE

Currently, my monitor is a U2312HM, is there any reason why I should buy a new monitor if I want to stay at the same resolution and refresh rate?

>Lawsuit or two
Sounds like a good reason to buy the CPU and then join in on the class action for some big bucks.

super jetstream palit is not 2070 super, it's just naming of the card.
palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3097&lang=en

Then ill probably go with that kit and a 5700.
Will i need fans or a special for the 5700 ? I know she gets hot.

No

Nöööööö intelbros we were too cocky

Attached: jewcuck.jpg (679x758, 54K)

In the case on 8th/9th gen, your board will increase vccio and vccsa voltages to account for the increased load.
>9900k on z390 ultra
>3600MHz CL16-16-16-36
>4x8gb
>1,308v vccsa
>1.254v vccio

Again with this bullshit. Anandtech themselves stated their BIOS version crippled clock speeds. Cope elsewhere other than PCBG.

oh wow i can just buy a 1600 for next to nothing and play at 144 hz lmao why even buy 3rd gen

Adored should get sued by his patrons for being a lying nigger

yeah I've thought about that but it's not that much better and I'd cost me about $80 more including mainboard. Plus there's a good chance that it still doesn't support UHD BluRay playback.

Nah you are just lying again

Attached: IMG_20190708_130915.jpg (1080x1171, 262K)

wow those fuckers got me good

It is. He's also wrong about the blower - 5700 is probably a better value proposition to 2060, but within the 5700 the blower card will give worse noise and thermals than third party cards which will be out in a month or two.
There will be new RAM out for Ryzen within a month too, although I can't guarantee it'll be cheaper than 3600/16 or 3200/14 sticks that are already out
Crucial Ballistix is probably also the best "cheap" kit to get. They make 3200/16 as well which could probably IMO be worth choosing over the 3000/15, but either are fine for a 3600 build.
You also need a PSU, and depending on your needs you might not need the HDDs and could just get SSDs instead. If you're a gamer with a moderate budget and no work commitments on your PC there's little to no reason to get HDDs in this day and age.

No, it includes one. The best place to put more money into the build would be the graphics card. A stronger 1660 ti would be better than a 1660 and without having looked for bargains it seems to be ~€70 more expensive. Also you don't have to get everything just from Amazon, though it could depend where you are.

>pretty sure
>he didn't actually check it though

Your better off waiting for the aib's.
>Adored should get sued by his patrons for being a lying nigger
Lol. The adoredtv hate is unreal on this board. Where'd the amd shill touch you?

Let him dump charts while everyone keeps avoiding Intel's pozzed housefires.

Attached: 1562518608402.png (1084x587, 275K)

thanks for proving intel is better in csgo

I've been duped the same, still not many stores have the super yet so I hope the prices will fall, but I think it's better to get 2080 in that price range. I don't expect 2080 super to be a bit short of 2080 TI and will probably cost more then 2080, around 900+euros

Ill just be playing and programming. So should i drop the hdd's and use that for a a better ram or use that for a case and psu ?

Adored literally lied about zen 2 clocks and refuses to own up to it

>the blower card will give worse noise and thermals than third party cards which will be out in a month or two.
Not necessarily true if board partners put coolers as bad as they're putting on 2060s like the Ventus XS.
The actual good cooler cards are likely to cost more. It's pointless to spend more when the 5700 uses so little power that the blower performs fine.
>I know she gets hot.
It does not. It's a 140-165W card under typical gaming.

It's just the hotter 5700 XT where the blower is a problem. Multiple reviewers have shown that the 5700 noise levels are comparable to the 2060 FE, no more than 1 dB higher.

He lies all the time. He has some form of OCD, combined with thinking he knows more than he does.

Those crucial ballistix also OC super hard and could easily hit 3600 if you're willing to just OC it yourself

Bios issues are not the same across the board and depended on what board the reviewers were using and the individual CPU that was being benched.
GN's Gigabyte board experienced 0-2% changes or so but Anandtech looked to be having a fair bit more issue than that with their MSI.

542 > 565
Guess they don't teach you math in India huh

Attached: chrome_Hge67ObqGl.png (831x824, 54K)

>Adored literally lied about zen 2 clocks and refuses to own up to it
Someone leaks you info.
Your relay it.
Somehow your a liar because of what some else said.
Lol you guys sound salty. Maybe your actually and shills.

>2x8gb
>1.308v vccsa
>1.232 vccio

>5700 is not hot
Stop spreading lies

Attached: those_temps.jpg (1920x1080, 623K)

they've had fan problems on their boards the whole year and probably longer so it's people that never update anything just waking up for ryzen 3000 series. search around.

I fucking hate Intel and Intel kikes and lying retards like adored all the same

Attached: 1562531769317.png (1302x688, 73K)

>actually defending adored
This is a new low

He's full of bullshit.Nothing he said was right about both Navi and Zen2. In fact, the only thing right was the chiplets, and that was just because he copy-pasted someone off reddit.

critique pls
I'm willing to be talked down from the ACE to a Carbon if it will get the max from the 3900x (I am willing to get a 3rd party cooler), and from paying early adopter prices for PCIE 4.0 Nvme. I'm also interested to hear what improvement you think the Trident Z Neo represents vis a vis the currently existing 3600/16 range.

Attached: 3900x Build Image.png (1109x716, 68K)

does anyone have a fix for the fan start/stop noise affecting some gtx 10 series cards?
I have a card from 2016 that has ALWAYS made this plasticy "grind" whenever the threshold of 40 degrees is reached and the fan starts/stops rapidly, it's especially bad when playing something that gets the card to exactly 38 to 45 degrees
It still happened after RMA and i'm still stumped after years. Only fix was to install a BIOS that limits minimum fan speed to 40, but I like the silence of the 0 fan mode.
Here's an example of the issue youtube.com/watch?v=HibeyiJ5z9Y

>KCD performs 10% better on the 3900X compared to the 9900k.
Is ayymd, actually the cpu for wh*toids?

NOOOOOOO

Attached: nvidiotsuicide.png (992x1043, 777K)

OH NO NO NO NO
DRONES CAUGHT UP LYING AGAIN

IT'S CONFIRMED THERE'S 0% PERF DIFFERENCE WITH NEW BIOS
youtube.com/watch?v=JUQ9iUyd0uM

Attached: nooooo.png (1920x1080, 510K)

>PCIE 4.0 Nvme
You don't actually need x570 for that, in case that's why you want it: youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2081&v=45fQaCl9WlA

>it's yet another "nshittia/kiketel shill btfo's themselves" episode
I'm starting to think these shills care more about quantity than quality. Embarrassing. They aren't sending their best shills.

>I fucking hate Intel and Intel kikes and lying retards like adored all the same
Why are you bringing up intel now? Really trying to distance yourself Shlomo
It's not defending so much as being honest.
Wtf. He copy pasted everything. How can regurgitating info your being told make you a liar?
You guys are ridiculous

pcpartpicker.com/list/NjbncY
Thoughts? GPU is gonna be a 2070S

> It's a 140-165W card under typical gaming.
> shows 149W in a benchmark
What's your point? 80c is nothing for a gpu.

Either get a different model or go with custom cooling
>Morpheus ii with 2x 120mm fans
>Kraken g12 kit if you have a spare AIO lying around

>Intel "amd is affected by meltdown i promise goy" Nexus
0 credibility

Attached: intelseethingpajeet.png (813x1402, 324K)

How does AMD manage to fuck it up so bad every time? Fuck this shit I waited long enough, ordering 9700k atm

Asked this before but forgot to check for an answer: If a GPU has 4GB of VRAM, what happens if I play a game that uses more?

It runs like shit.

FPS drops due to swapping out textures with regular ram

Intel Bros it can't be happening

Attached: 1562615176872.png (1440x720, 712K)

No, it's more that I don't have an AMD board and don't feel it's worth it to step onto the ladder on a lower rung when I'm stepping onto it for the first time on a higher rung on everything else. (Not that I'm some bottomless pockets richfag who can't appreciate a bargain)
I'm curious what you mean that PCIE 4.0 SSD can work on the X470. Compatibility is one thing, but surely the older connection bottlenecks the performance of the SSD for whom the PCIE 4.0 was introduced?

>Overclock a bit
>Magic happens
>Same performance as third gen
I would keep this 1600 until the 12 cores become real cheap

NOOOOoOOOOOOOoO

Attached: chrome_ZNBZ0mpJ2W.png (1266x705, 397K)

Is there a point to get low end x570 instead of high end x470?

Ahhh yes 5700/xt is so quiet guys. Just buy the blower you won't notice

Attached: 111351.png (650x450, 31K)

>149W
>82C
Yeah, that's fine.
If it was overheating, it'd be throttling and ramping up the fan.

Thanks for backing me up with the image, user.

Yes

Looks very nice.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/NjbncY
What do you need a HDD for?

You mean on the reference blower...? cause there's literally dozens of different fans for 10 series cards.

It's strange how much better Zen2 does in GPU-bottlenecked scenarios. I've seen this from a lot of sources.
You'd think PCIe latency would be worse with the chiplet design and cause worse framerates when GPU bottlenecked. I hope someone looks into why it's better.

>furmark
Yeah you're blatantly trolling and spamming

>furmark
Really, nigger?

It turns out it's actually CPU bound according to that video. So a Ryzen 1000 or 2000 in an x570 would bottleneck the nvme drive, while a Ryzen 3000 in an x470 wouldn't.
I'm in the same boat, looking to upgrade from a 2500k and I'm thinking about buying an x470 on the cheap with good VRMs (probably the crosshair vii) to save some money.

>inb4 tomb raider doesn't matter either

Attached: 111350.png (650x450, 32K)

WTF NVIDIABROS! THIS WAS OUR MOMENT! I CAN'T HANDLE SUPER(POWA BY 2020) TO BE DOA JUST LIKE THE GTX16XX SERIES! AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hey, it's cooler than the 390X. I see this as a victory.

Buy navi goys
Did I forget to mention how more cool than the super is?

Attached: 111347.png (650x450, 31K)

There are already ram kits just like the trident z. (3600 14cl)
I don't see anything special about it.
Lol. TechJesus himself says this is just a representation of his own results and mentions anandtech several times has already recorded differences.

>45db vs 56db
I mean... I knew nvidia/intcel shitters were illiterate luddies. But I didn't know they were THIS clueless.