>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value especially used
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - High end, higher FPS. 3900X/9900k is better in some games, but generally only with a 2080Ti @ 1080p.
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high FPS (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible frames, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi launch drivers have issues, particularly with OCing. Wait for non-blowers if considering the XT. 5700 blower is fine, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM chart: imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>SSD Guide (250GB+ SATA bare minimums): i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 2019_7-9_NaviAIBAugust.jpg (1440x2202, 776K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-2080-Blower-Graphics/dp/B07GJ5S6RY
pugetsystems.com/parts/Video-Card/Asus-GeForce-RTX-2080-TI-11GB-Blower-Fan-12899
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1431191-REG/zotac_zt_t20800a_10p_geforce_rtx_2080_blower.html
encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8JZ_9Fj6yv7y8bs-Ey51i5sAGi_0s6Mq2OTjjJjPl2G7s4Oj7
arrowcomputers.com.au/web/image/product.template/7962/image?unique=2e87801
c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/ProductImage/14-126-188-V01.jpg
anandtech.com/show/14161/the-amd-x570-motherboard-overview/38
codepen.io/user/pen/EBObvZ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i can't find a benchmark where csgo performance is shown with all of zen 2
initially wanted a 3950x, then linus showed that 3700x performance is better than 3900x, and i worried that 3950x might be even worse
then i recalled that amd showed 3600 performance in csgo, and thought that maybe because it is the best
so i thought i'd take a look at 3700x vs 3600 performance in csgo, but couldn't find one
wat do, pcbg?

You have to wait for reviews. Only a few blokes got their hands on 3600 before release.

Anyone?

>inventing computers
Get a real hobby like sports, Incels

AHAH WOW, they just keep on giving

Attached: fake heatsinks to sucker people in.jpg (1609x867, 330K)

Attached: backplate with no thermal pads.jpg (1621x869, 435K)

>card released faster and cheaper than novideo equivalent
>oh fuck, better point out shit that literally doesn't matter so it looks bad!
haha the absolute state of you lad

Does a backplate need thermal pads? Or did he take them off himself?

3900x and even the 3950x are way too expensive if you're just gaymen. 3700x is the sweet spot imo.

Everyone knows that the chad setup now is AMD cpu and Nvidia GPU. AMD cannot into videocards.

This

the /pcbg/ should be divided into two subthreads:
this one which is /pcbgas/ - pcbg AMD shills
and the other one somewhere out there /pcbgis/ - pcbg Intel shills

>temps don't matter, noise don't matter

>Does a backplate need thermal pads?
Yes, do transfer heat from components to the backplate and actually cool them, otherwise you are just trapping the heat.

Attached: those temps.jpg (1920x1080, 623K)

Attached: noise.jpg (1572x824, 144K)

So what will you shitpost about when AIB cards come out with low temps and no noise?
Drivers right?

They have vacuum cooling nigguh.

>shitpost
So pointing out facts is shitposting now, people shouldn't know about this? People should just buy it TM and get a blower not knowing the issues or build quality.
How convenient for you AMD stock holder.

How convenient that you faggoys never talk about blowers from nshittia but even before the release of navi you drones started theiwing around the "blkwer" buzzword everywhere. Interesting...

it's louder than radeon vii lmao

>people shit on blower cards for years, nvida stopped doing it
>yet good old AMD still does it to cut costs and save on cooler money to make a bigger profit
>WHY ARE PEOPLE POINTING THIS OUT, JUST LET AMD HAVE A FREE PASS, SO WHAT IF IT'S HOT AND LOUD! THINK OF MY STOCKS!
fuck off.

radeon 7 has 3 fans and actual heatsink, navi is a blower what do you expect? That magical fake front intake to make a difference and make it magically cooler and more quiet?

This is AMDrone shill board what do you expect, really?

>nvidia stopped doing it
>just trust me bro
amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-2080-Blower-Graphics/dp/B07GJ5S6RY

>noooooo nvidiabros this is clearly fake news!
pugetsystems.com/parts/Video-Card/Asus-GeForce-RTX-2080-TI-11GB-Blower-Fan-12899

>PNY
You literally kicked yourself in the balls just now, blaming some AIB cheaping out on Nvidia

>pugetsystems.com/parts/Video-Card/Asus-GeForce-RTX-2080-TI-11GB-Blower-Fan-12899
>Asus
Lol another retard

>Dude stop no one needs to know about these cards. They only need to know about ayymd blowers.
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1431191-REG/zotac_zt_t20800a_10p_geforce_rtx_2080_blower.html

how many bongs till the supers are on the market?

Attached: 1559662526262.gif (128x128, 18K)

>nvidiabros....
encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8JZ_9Fj6yv7y8bs-Ey51i5sAGi_0s6Mq2OTjjJjPl2G7s4Oj7

>PNY
>ASUS
>Zotac
itt: AMDrones lacking the parts of brain necessary to perceive the difference between AMD's retarded reference design on their card and AIBs cheaping out on their in-house design of nvidia-based cards.
>IT'S OKAY WHEN AMD DOES IT! episode 4421

>no one needs psas abouy nvidia cards bro....
>please stop posting these
arrowcomputers.com.au/web/image/product.template/7962/image?unique=2e87801

Please stop posting these. No one needs to know these exist.
c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/ProductImage/14-126-188-V01.jpg

Because all AMDrones can ever do is compare their newest GPUs to Nvidia's previous generation
Oh no independent card manufacturers botched their nvidia card designs HOW WILL NVIDIA EVER RECOVER?!

>nvidia stopped doing it
>just trust me bro
You realize your example here is from a AIB partner?
and here is AIB partner.

Nvidia themselves stopped making blower cards. My statement stands correct.
And if somebody really wants a blower card they can buy it from a AIB partner.

AMD on the other hand does it exactly the opposite, they release blowers that normal users can't use and AIB partners must fix it by providing something that isn't shit.

>>IT'S OKAY WHEN AMD DOES IT! episode 4421
It literally is in the minds of drones.
They are doing jewish shit right now and amd drones are lapping it up because "muh amd is gud guys, so what if they do the exact same shit we have been shitting on nvidia for years.

>Oh no independent card manufacturers botched their nvidia card designs HOW WILL NVIDIA EVER RECOVER?!
Yes, that means Nvidia themselves are still making blowers, even though they aren't, some AIB partner is, and thus their reference which abandoned blowers is still making blowers
Don't ask me to explain that to you again, Nvidiots wouldn't understand

yeah i know, i wanted the 3950x purely for bragging rights
what i want to know now is whether 3700x or 3600 performs better in csgo

>yeah i know, i wanted the 3950x purely for bragging rights
You mean on Jow Forums or Jow ForumsAMD because everywhere else in the world you'd get laughed at for mentioning AMD.

STFU NOVIDEO SHILL. IT USES NVIDIA AND DOESNT MATTER IF ITS AN AIB, ONLY FOR AMD IT DOES

if the 3600 and X both boost up to 4.4GHz single when possible, is there any reason to get an X?
the only other difference is a slightly higher base clock.

>2070S is $600 USD in Australia

AAAAHHHHH

how retarded would it be to pair a 3700x with a b350-F mobo?

not stupid at all, just make sure to update your bios

do the extra cores not matter as much for temps cause its still a 65w tdp cpu?

yep, also the VRMs are decent enough.
make sure they can breathe and you'll be fine.

why would i brag about 16c/32t irl
obviously so i can put it in my steam bio

>2070 Super costs $250 AUD more than the 5700XT

Alright lads guess I am getting a 5700XT and watercooling. Fuck jewVIDIA, I actually wanted to buy their cards.

>you are not supposed to clean the gaps
Oh ou!

Attached: vega chips.jpg (745x919, 196K)

Where do you buy?

I'm thinking of getting a new PC, but I can't for the life of me choose a monitor. I know I want 1440p 144Hz, and it seems to me IPS > TN (I care about image quality more than being competitive in online shooters, which I don't play much, I usually like single player games).
Is the Acer VG270U worth it for about 400$? It seems the best monitor is the Asus ROG Swift PG279Q, but it's 660$ where I live. Since they're both 1440p 144Hz, is the 260$ price difference really justifiable?
I don't care about adjusting my screen height too much, only image quality. I heard ghosting can be an issue on IPS panels, but I don't even know what that is - I've only ever used a 60Hz monitor and usually played at lower framerates than that.

Most of the stores I've checked through in Australia right now has the cheapest 2070S at $869 AUD. A lot of cards are straight up 2080 prices at $1000 AUD.

5700XT prices on the other hand are $629 AUD at my local store

Get a VA panel.

Is a 4 core 4 thread 4.9ghz skylake part enough for 1440p 144hz?
Also should I get: 5700XT, 2070 Super or wait for 2080 super? Coming from a gtx 760

guys!

Attached: I'm going to do it.jpgc.jpg (1529x1525, 801K)

Coming from a GTX760 here myself. It would depend on your budge and local pricing for the GPUs. The CPU should be more than enough still. Definitely not as good price/performance in gaming compared to GPUs.

how much better are triple fans compared to double fans
also is the 2070 super worth it over the 2060 super

Rate me

Attached: Screenshot_20190709-172349__01.jpg (1080x4937, 817K)

as long as is 2 or more fans it doesn't matter, the heatsink is more important

>mfw intcels aren't just threadlets but also featurelets
anandtech.com/show/14161/the-amd-x570-motherboard-overview/38

Attached: 1559680607729.png (2500x3226, 1.24M)

Attached: but wait theres more.jpg (709x715, 173K)

I know the names are getting ridiculous, but
>EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra
Dick is diamonds with dat three slot cooler previously reserved for the 2070 and 2080. I think I've found my next graphics card.

Attached: 08G-P4-3163-KR_XL_2.jpg (2000x2000, 272K)

the paste isn't required since the cpu comes with its own cooler and pre-applied
you might shave off a degree or two at best, and that's after cleaning off the cooler first

450 Carbon AC is like 140, but cheapest 570 goes for 200. So.... sacrifice the extra 60?

>thermal paste for stock cooler
>single fan in case, questionable amounts of airflow

Awful looking kb and mouse but I guess beggars can't choosers.

nvidia 2070 super prices dropped to 550 eur finally
2070 and 2060 prices reduction soon
23.7 nvidia super 2080 comes and will lower 2080 prices.
So 2080 will become 600-700euros

Damn, the 2060 and 2070 Super price reveal tonight has thrown a wrench in my plans. It's $650 AUD for a RX 5700 XT, and the 2070 Super I was planning on picking up is $890 AUD. I was pretty keen on the AOC AGON 35" uw 120hz G-Sync monitor, but maybe I should just go a comparable Freesync monitor and forget about gay tracing. I've been watching plenty of benchmarks and I'm seeing the 5700 XT perform either similarly or 10% worse than the 2070 Super, while being hotter and louder of course.

Is G-Sync worth spending the extra money? Are AMD cards going to be better in the long run because of both next-gen consoles going AMD?

Depends, do you want or need PCIe 4.0 or a few extra SATA ports?

I have everything mounted properly, prime95 at 40min gets only up to 73C max cpu temps. However, during mixed benchmarks or an hour of gaming, the case heats up significantly, I get anywhere from 81-83C max cpu temps.
So it may not look like it but I have barely any clearance above the Noctua NH-D15S. I wanted to use a 140mm fan above it but it barely fits, the plastic is rubbing against the fins of the cooler. Should I get a low profile fan? Something else I can do to improve case ventilation? I don't think the rear 120mm can vent heat fast enough during mixed gpu&cpu load. Maybe I should add another fan to the Noctua?

Attached: 20190709_011205.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

>550 yuros
>a drop

Jesus

I.... don't know? Do i want PCIe 4.0?

new amd cards don't have good linux support yet if that's a factor
wait for better cooling solutions from amd
they were 750 eur starting, meaning some shops put retarded prices. 550eur is currently asus rog strix 2070 version so yes, 2070 should drop in price.

Short answer: If you don't know, you don't need it.

Attached: ignoring all safety warnings.jpg (2009x877, 359K)

Do you want to run a RAID of high end SSDs with very high write and read speeds?

when super cards to amazon?

alright thanks ill do that

The main reason for price differences of $200 or more is G-Sync.
If you use an AMD graphics card you can just get the Freesync monitors. Same applies for newer, higher-quality Freesync monitors and Nvidia cards, although it's probably wasting some potential of high-end Nvidia cards which you paid more than the difference between a freesync and gsync monitor to get over the mid-range cards.

What's a good place to buy cheap Windows keys?

somebody put some paste on that chip, it's feeling hot

Attached: new paste incoming.jpg (2629x1101, 741K)

Nobody really buys Intel except rabid fanboys.

No, i am a cheap fuck when it comes to ssd.

Ebay?

Any idea what prime day will actually offer in terms of high-end PC components?
I want a 1440p 144hz IPS gsync monitor and an NVME
wondering if it's worth waiting

What's a good RAM for a 3700X without all this gaming shit?

Attached: file.png (861x621, 496K)

If anyone is interested, I made a crappy JavaScript calculator that makes it easier to use the monitor chart in the OP.
codepen.io/user/pen/EBObvZ

How does the Asrock Phantom Gaming X compare to the MSI MEG ACE?
Is there even any straightforward metric to compare motherboards at the same price bracket other than brand loyalties?

which should I buy, just going to use it for gaymen but I don't want to upgrade in ~3 years

Attached: Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 10.05.34 AM.png (609x714, 114K)

You won't need to with any of them, provided you don't bottleneck your GPU

3700X as threads become more prevalent, since AMD is dropping these bad boys in consoles and controlling the adoption. Otherwise a 3600.

I'm about to do it. Is there anything wrong with this?
I know that the 660p is QLC. It's priced like a SATA drive despite having much better performance (as long as you don't fill it past 75% capacity). I don't want to pay 200€ for a "proper" 1 TB M.2 NVMe drive, when it would be bottlenecked by other stuff in most cases anyway.
The memory should be Hynix CJR die, which should OC well. Despite having high latency (10.56 ns) at XMP, it could OC up to 3600 MHz CL16, or hopefully at least 3600 MHz CL17. 32 GB B-die is too expensive, so the alternative would be the cheapest 3200 Mhz CL16 for 160€.
I'm going with stock cooler for now. If it's too loud, I can just buy a better cooler later.
Since the motherboard won't be ready for more than a week, I should have time to change the 3700X into 3800X, if the 3800X starts receiving good reviews, but I think it would need to at least 10% better to justify the price difference, and that seems unlikely (it's +4% on UserBenchmark, but there isn't good enough sample size yet).

Attached: upgrade.png (1142x488, 80K)

3900x vs 9900k? got a 360mm radiator and wanna get a decent overclock going

what's better bros

Why include a backplate that will just be a heatrap

Should I get a 3600 or a 2700?

9700k and LN2 or you can't call yourself an overclocker.

for looks, if you haven't noticed amd are going with maximum cost cutting while trying to market the bottom tier solutions as "cool"
>look at this cool dent
well actually the dent was inside old blowers as well
>look at this extra heatsink at the front
but it's closed off and does nothing
>look at this backplate
but it has no pads
>"""optimzed""" heatsink
but it's exactly like it was before

It's so fuking jewish

you should get yourself killed

Ryzen doesn't overclock.

That free xbox game pass is like an insult from AMD. From 3 new AAA games to.... this...

3900x or 9900k? no plans of overclocking just want a decent cpu

3600 is going to be better in most cases. I'd only get a 2700 if you really need the extra cores.