Gamecache

>gamecache

Attached: 1559933936040.png (1092x1037, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usesthis.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hyperthreading

>anti lag

Attached: 1558674119117.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>raid key

Well, they better not make me really mad.....

Attached: Well, Patten king still being the patter king.jpg (670x377, 99K)

>turbo boost

>legacy tool
>race condition
>hypervisor interrupt

>don't care what it's called L3 cache got multiplied by two
I agree I'm tired of the market chasing RGB gaymurs but L3 cache benefits much more than just games just ignore the stupid name.

Attached: 1550854615408.jpg (236x214, 12K)

RGB gamers are what's keeping the desktop market alive. Think about it

what? plenty of non RGB gamers, developers, etc... to buy shit for desktops..

>just games just ignore the stupid name.
Gotta admit though someone at AMD had a serious autism attack to come up with it.

well I think the point is trying to explain to RGB zoomers that doubling the L3 cache is good. but they don't even know what that shit is or why it's good so they just say GAMERCACHE.

What exactly would you call it to apeal to zoomers? RGB Cache?

>raytracing

Attached: 1562243101098.png (785x1000, 254K)

...just call it cache, it's enough to say there's twice the amount for zoomer to understand. 2 > 1 is something even a zoomer gets.

Wake up, the desktop is dying for professionals. RGB gamers and very few enthusiasts are the only thing keeping it "alive".

>What exactly would you call it to apeal to zoomers?
EXTREME SUPERULTRA RGB GAYMING FLUIDITY STORAGE

but that's actually what it is called in the industry...

>desktop is dying for professionals
Ok so what are professionals using then?

apparently a bunch of macs as servers

m00t wasn't joking with us, a bunch of macs is clearly the way to go

>macs
>not desktops
>servers
>not operated from desktops
Desktop will never die for professionals
No one is making music or videos from a tablet and no final product will ever get delivered from a laptop.

professionals aren't all using macs OP that's retarded. Plenty of winblows workstations.

Laptops, thin clients, tablets and etc. Even companies that brought prebuilts never cared about upgrades. Just look at modern PC components they are all targeting the gamer market.
>No one is making music or videos from a tablet and no final product will ever get delivered from a laptop
I too wish to live in the 90s

Attached: 1557014853914.jpg (2556x2556, 801K)

>I too wish to live in the 90s
Ironically, in the 90's people were not using desktops for professional work. They were still using tape machines and analogue hardware. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

I'm the IT guy for 3 construction companies and all the engineers use clevo "gaming" laptops (which I specced out for them especially for Autocad and drone survey processing). No one wants to be tethered to a desk or have to endure work loss due to a power outage or have to use a fucking ethernet cable.

>You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
That's where you are wrong, maybe where you live people were backward and retarded but Amigas were all over TV and music industry in Europe

ok but we are talking about "creative" professionals here, not people who's job it is to oversee an excel sheet or to check some monitor programs

>while 95% of the industry was still using tape machines and analogue hardware
you are making it as if desktops were the standard and not just recently introduced
Even programs like sibelius existed since 1993, that doesn't mean that Hollywood composers stopped writing music on piano over night.

>ok but we are talking about "creative" professionals
We are talking about everyone not gaming, no? Anyway you might want to check this website.
usesthis.com

we are talking about people who need lots of horsepower for anything but gayming

If you are talking about rendering Pixar tier scenes they are offloaded to render farms. You can do that work perfectly on a laptop. Anyway at that link you'll find some people using beefy desktops but the vast majority of creative pros use macbooks.

>If you are talking about rendering Pixar tier scenes they are offloaded to render farms.
But they are not created on them nor on laptops. The actual work is still mostly done on desktops. People use laptops for sketches, specially musicians.

>they are not created on them nor on laptops
Well you are wrong. Tell me, what do you do with your desktop beside gaming and watching 4k 10 bit HDR anime?
>specially musicians
Musicians are probably the least demanding of all creatives when it comes to computing power. Even shit like midi keyboards and whatnot work just fine on laptops.

>Musicians are probably the least demanding of all creatives
You don't know shit. I'm not talking about soundcloud rappers who produce 8 track midi loops, I'm talking about composers, mixing engineers & bands. Have fun even booting up a 2500 track cubase template that needs 128gb of RAM on a laptop, or a protools session with hundreds of plugins. Or even recording an Orchestra or Band on a laptop lmao..

Attached: 1559655854160.jpg (251x242, 26K)

>booting up a 2500 track cubase template that needs 128gb of RAM
How many people are doing this? You are claiming the pro desktop market is alive by using such ridiculous extremes. Again, tell me what do you use your desktop for gamer?

>How many people are doing this?
In the music industry? Specifically composers and people who operate studios? Probably more than 75%. This is not an extreme, 1000 track templates are even common for hobbyists and we are talking about professionals here. The only "musicians" who use laptops are DJ's.
>You are claiming the pro desktop market is alive
No, I'm claiming it will not die for a substantial percentage of professionals who need more performance than any laptop will ever deliver.
>Again, tell me what do you use your desktop for gamer?
I'm not a gamer. I'm a hobbyist composer and even 32gb RAM are not enough for me. Not even talking about the importance of real time audio processing performance that even minor projects need which is even more demanding than gayming.

what the fuck is gamecache anyway

>Probably more than 75%
>This is not an extreme,
wtf, I highly doubt that 75% of pros need 128GB or more of ram to do their work.
>No, I'm claiming it will not die for a substantial percentage of professionals who need more performance than any laptop will ever deliver.
It will never die but it is shrinking and will continue getting smaller leaving only the most extreme of pros and with gamers being the vast majority of the market.
>I'm not a gamer. I'm a hobbyist composer and even 32gb RAM are not enough for me. Not even talking about the importance of real time audio processing performance that even minor projects need which is even more demanding than gayming.
I have 32gb on my 2yo laptop and it isn't even special, there are laptops out there with the best desktop CPUs and GPUs. Seriously, what more do you need to compose your shitty chiptunes?