Thoughts on the Samsung 1440p curved quantum dot monitors with VA panels...

Thoughts on the Samsung 1440p curved quantum dot monitors with VA panels? I'm getting a new monitor and I'm heavily considering the Samsung C27H711, which I can get around $300.

What's the best monitor to use as a secondary display for my laptop with a HDMI 1.4 output, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1490848566223_b_C27H711_023_Dynamic_White.jpg (1000x666, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0jSxvjT6Ec0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>curved
How that still a thing? I believe curved displays flopped worse than 3D and VR

Curved va is based, now leave, for you just embarrassed yourself.

Curved adds nothing but $ to the price tag. Utterly useless.

>based
Opinion void

It seems pretty cool though, at least when you're up close to the monitor on your desk.

Ususally, I'd agree. But this monitor is on sale here for $300 and it'd be a pretty good deal even if it wasn't curved.

Then buy one and realise how retarded the idea is ergonomy-wise. Curved = fixed position in front of screen.

>But this monitor is on sale here for $300 and it'd be a pretty good deal even if it wasn't curved.
So get a non-curved that is functionally the exact same for even cheaper and stop falling for retard marketing.

You can get a 4k monitor for that.

I've got a Samsung U28E590, paid like £200 for it.

Then don’t buy one then.
>hurr it doesn’t meet my needs therefore no one should like it durrrrr

The quantum dot displays seems pretty nice though. My previous monitor had really poor colors and this kne covers like 125% of sRGB so it would be a pretty big step up. Also, the contrast should be pretty good

I don't think my ultrabook with a 7500u would be able to drive it at 60hz. I have an HDMI 1.4 out and a few thunderbolt ports which might do the trick, but I'm not sure if I should risk it and add more dongles to my laptop.

I'm also considering buying one of those 21:9 monitors.
It's not like there are a lot of alternatives to choose in the shithole where I live.

>The quantum dot displays seems pretty nice though. My previous monitor had really poor colors and this kne covers like 125% of sRGB so it would be a pretty big step up. Also, the contrast should be pretty good
So. Find. A. Similar. Monitor. That. Isn't. Curved. For. Even. Cheaper.

Your 7500u will be fine. It's the GPU. Even my ThinkPad 540 with its Intel HD 4600 can drive 4k at 60.

Same t b h
21:9 seems great for productivity, but if you want to go higher than 1080p it also bumps the price significantly higher.
Those cheap LG ultrawide monitors seem quite nice, but they're relatively small and only 1080p

But I'd still need a thunderbolt dongle, right?

Attached: Screenshot_20190709-143504_Kiwi Browser.jpg (1439x524, 168K)

Yeah you would, or mini DP adapter. I've got a cable coming for mine today (mDP to DP) for like £7.

An ultra wide monitor solves the obvious issues of a multi-monitor setup like pic related without using an odd number of external monitors.

Attached: 1543348012265.jpg (640x965, 53K)

>VA
Looooool nope

>hurr it doesn’t meet my needs
No, the whole reason they didn't catch on is that it's an objectively poor idea, not because I don't like them (duh)

Why? Samsung's VA just needs a bit of warmup with the brightness turned up. If you're still unhappy about the shitty blur there's the strobe mode for that.
And TN has overdrive artifacts, so don't act like only VA has this kind of problems.

You realize that big monitors become unusable unless they're curved, right?

1440p resolution is not an aspect ratio that falls into this category

they're pretty cool, but there are no cheap ultrawide monitors with good enough panels

It's great as the shitty viewing angels aren't as much of a problem. I prefer curved ultrawides though, I barely move while sitting on my chair too.

What is the point of this type of bait? It's not even funny and it's not likely to make anyone angry.

Attached: 1562679756194.png (992x598, 216K)

Yeah, about usability...

Attached: 1562679839617.png (996x524, 326K)

It's not curved enough. You're still getting a really shallow angle when you're lucking at the sides unless the screen is really far away.

>It's not curved enough
Whatever. It simply introduces problems other monitors don't have. And for some reason most of these ultra wide curved gimmick monitors are expensive and have VA panels instead of IPS LCD panels.

What other problems? My 32" 1800R VA works just fine. The edges and the corners especially are easier on the eyes than on my 30" LCD flat secondary.

>What other problems?
I already told you.

>Curved adds nothing but $ to the price tag. Utterly useless.
nah, it's cope for the otherwise-shitty viewing angles

idiots tried to market it as some magical meme feature though

i've got the c27hg70 and it's nice enough for work and gaymen use

>i've got the c27hg70
post a pic?
read through alot of negative reviews on amazon.
are there any back light bleed or flickering issues?

where is this pic from?

Just got an C32HG70. It's a great monitor and for the price that I got it for unbeatable (got it on a deal). The Quantum dot is fucking great and curved feels immersive and improves the viewing angel issues from VA.
I would go for it again if I needed another monitor

youtu.be/0jSxvjT6Ec0

>no g-sync
hard pass

I've heard pretty good things about it unlike the other user that responded to you, but I did see a review that mentioned it has poor black uniformity. Have you noticed any issues with that?
Also, is it a nice monitor to use in dark environments? That's mainly what I'm looking for.

>1440p
>curved
>quantum dot
>VA

Attached: d90(2).png (644x800, 15K)

>1440p
doesn't belong here
the rest are definitely shoy