BFFFFHHAHAAAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>youtu.be/2hmOJjQbu1o

BFFFFHHAHAAAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 078e21f37b.jpg (896x600, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cb2X3h7pQYQ
anandtech.com/show/14161/the-amd-x570-motherboard-overview/38
youtube.com/watch?v=qk3PD-4zPN0&t=15m50s
techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-tested-on-cheap-b350-motherboard/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what is RMA
It shouldn't go 100% all the time, we already knew this from reviews.
Want me to post some Intel or Nvidia launch fuckups?

i mean do you really need an integrated fan on the southbridge? it just seems like a pointless marketing gimmick so they have an excuse for product differentiation.

on the off chance you actually do need a cooling solution on your motherboard you can probably do better than the cheapest fan that OEM decided to put in there

>youtu.be/cb2X3h7pQYQ
>65dB at 70%
>FUCKING 72dB AT 100%
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> do better than the cheapest fan that OEM decided to put in there
Gigabyte uses delta fans iirc
They are not bad quality fans by any stretch but they are ball bearing fans which are not quiet at higher RPMs

Aftermarket X570 replacement cooling kits when?

fucking hell
what a piece of shit

>do you really need an integrated fan on the southbridge?
No, the chipset does less than 11W since AMD cut it down to 4 lanes from the CPU instead of 8. All you really need is a PROPER FUCKING HEATSINK. But apparently someone had a massive stock of shitty 40mm fans to get rid of. And it enforces proper obsolescence, since all of those fans will probably fail within 5 years. :^)

Oh, and X570 is a gimped IO die, if you didn't know already. The platform is literally 1 or 2 CPUs and a northbridge plus southbridge, with the latter two mirroring each other. We're going back to the 90s, baby!

Holy fucking shit AMDrones on suicide watch

lmao at seething intcel featurelets.
anandtech.com/show/14161/the-amd-x570-motherboard-overview/38

Why are there fans on mobos now?

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

new tech is a joke

if you can't make it power efficient just don't make it at all

Attached: ssd cooling.jpg (700x392, 45K)

It is nforce all over.

Attached: 780isli_heatsinkfan.jpg (550x303, 60K)

>now
begone zoom-zoom

didn't know amd made the motherboards now

Attached: 3453498_3453456_7888.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

They are responsible for the chipset that is a toaster.

AMD also makes reference designs for what an x570 motherboard should have.

>what it should have
so how is it amds fault this fan is pinned at 100% usage when it doesn't need to be?

Read the comments, the chipset is at 65°C even with maximum speed, it NEEDs to be that fast
Lots of people reporting the same with their aorus

So just that motherboard or brand of motherboard? This is amd's fault how?

Or jusy accept the fact that a fan is a fucking retarded implementation specially for a mere 11tdp

>shitty german shill with clickbait title
Besides, if you'd actually watched the video, you'd know the fan never runs at those speeds. That guy even claims it's basically not audible even under load.

Sounds more like a gigabyte problem to me but an amd problem to you. Imagine actually replying while being retarded.

it isn't the chipset

bullshit, the chipset has a 15w tdp, a asthmatic rat could blow through a straw and dissipate that much heat.

>65db of high pitched sound
>not audible
Learn german

Yeah because its only gigabyte the ones with a retarded fan in the whole industry

Thats the funniest part

15W is not that much, but in a small space with possibly very little airflow it still needs either a decent chunk of metal or a fan. A fan is just cheaper.

The chipset is too power hungry. It kinda sucks, there's no way around it.

Can't they just put a passive heatsink with screwholes for a noctua 40mm fan?

What do you think it is cooling?

At least you could rip those off and make air flow another way. The X570 fans are way too integrated into the heatsink for simple substitute. And I doubt there are gonna be third party passive heatsinks either because every manufacturer has a slightly different motherboard and heatsink layout.

Attached: bigtyp3.jpg (246x344, 43K)

That would be user-serviceable and wouldn't look very gamer.

Wtf how are the CEO's supposed to feed their children then?

Probably not, because it would be too tall and would interfere with long PCIe cards.

Now I can cut my hands even easier.

Put heatpipes on it and route it to a heatsink in the top right corner, there's nothing there yet apart from a few connectors that you could just as well run sideways. You could even have a heatpipe loop from the heatsink around the socket, VRM, chipset and back to the heatsink.

Attached: asrock_01.jpg (1200x1024, 491K)

Pretty sure there's a board which uses a heatpipe to connect the chipset to the VRM heatsinks, you can buy that one.

Yeah but then there's still no decent heatsink anywhere to be found.

$750

Gigabyte extreme has best cooling, no fan, but at 999$ shekels it's overpriced.

>motherboard fans
>2019
What the fuck was AMD thinking

Don't buy a X570 dumbfuck.

>Getting aorus
>Getting a fan on your SB

The only two crimes here

i noticed they are proprietary tecnology, if that fan is gone theres no real replacement, maybe not even zip tying a standard fan to the MB

they could at least have used 80mm fans. we could have better options to replace noisy or faulty fans

At 85C? Sure. At 65C? No, even larger laptop heatsinks struggle. Thermal dissipation of a medium changes with temperature

The fans are not really proprietary
Motherboard makers purchased these fans from somewhere, they didn’t go out and make entirely custom fans just for their X570 boards
If a fan ever actually dies on you the worse thing you might have to do is look up a part number

>Want me to post some Intel or Nvidia launch fuckups?
T Chinkshill that has folders full of fud, and a reaction list to defend amd

Integrated Southbridge when?

Just give me some pcie and ram slots. And sell me the motherboard for 50 bucks for the silk screening and power management.

Intel and Nvidia are flawless.

Better drill that in your head chinkboi

why does this chipset need a fan when X470 didn't and you can run Ryzen 3000 on those just fine?

who gives a shit x570 is a retard tax

there's literally no difference between a b450 and an x570 for ryzen 3 cpus

gigabyte really is utter garbage nowadays

their video cards are the lowest of the low trash tier now thier mobos are shit

i remember back in the day when gigabyte meant quality

Your friendly reminder to not fall for the x570 scam

Attached: 9c3D4QZ.png (1410x759, 189K)

PCIe 4

source?

Anyone else glad they got Zen+ so they don't ever have to worry about actively cooled chipsets?

We don't know because you can stick a fucking mini heatsink on that from aliexpress for 2 bucks and it cools better.

Yet Another Mediocre Device hahahahahahahahaha

Attached: f1b6ce6a7d3d872d1463c296776b209a75e7aef5f18b238101326e9ac164d79c.png (320x339, 204K)

Literally every reviewer and AMD themselves said that X570 is not necessary to get the most out of Zen 2 and that the only main feature is PCIe 4.0

I'm glad I got Z87 so my 4690K is still relevant after 5 years.

Hardware Uncucked

when noctua or bequiet sell those types of fan, they might stop being proprietary.

they are literally custom made for these mobos and thats the issue with it, procuring parts that are not commonly avaliable will place you on very strange places of delivery time, order size and prices.

youtube.com/watch?v=qk3PD-4zPN0&t=15m50s

How to fix your X570 scamboards.

It's okay, I'd be pretty salty if I bought Intel recently as well, X570 is simply the best chipset around

Nope, idle power usage with no connected devices is also crazy high. AMD made some big error in this chipset, and blaming PCIe 4 is just them making excuses. Pitty, as I wanted to buy Zen 2 but I refuse to buy a motherboard with a fan. Those things always go bad, and I'm not a cuck that buys a new cpu+mobo every year. I'm still on a 2500K because I don't want to be jewed.

the cpu is always connected to the chipset using pcie 4.0, tard. zen 2 works with x470 and b450 boards and they're cheaper anyways.

thanks for the vid. I knew these shill bots at computex were just talking out of their ass to sell their trash

>9.8w at max load
Why the actual fuck we need those fans then

our only hope is B550 in Q1 2020 since they will use a chipset designed by ASmedia and not some re-purposed Global Foundries I/O

I plan to get a Taichi X470 for my 3900X

So manufacturers have somewhere to stuck ther logos and leads.
I wish I was kidding. There is zero reason for those fans to exist when a proper finned heat sink of that footprint can handle 15W completely passive.

Still got jewed retroactively by performance regressions though.

fake and gay, nobody cares, cool your chipset better, dingus

WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I highly doubt it. Tiny fans have to spin at high rpm to move any air and are loud as fuck. Tiny fans with thin low profile blades doubly so.

Just get a b350 board for $80. Or any other earlier board that you want
Same performance as x570
techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-tested-on-cheap-b350-motherboard/

they can plaster their shitty plastic passive heatsink with their shitty disgusting logos aswell. the real reason is that the trash fans cost them $0.50 a piece while a aluminium trash block would cost them $0.60

Massive cope and cringe as fuck

Bump

>niggabyte

They don't really need the fan and a basic heatsink it good enough apparently. Try turning it off in uefi and check temps while running crystalmark or something similar.

VHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

phones average 2 watts and need heatpipes and thermal routing through the screen layer to keep the batteries from cooking above 40C. The issue isn't the power, it's the amount of space. The chipset cooling needs to be fairly small and flat for other parts and PCI-e devices, this severely limits cooling options.

With that said just wtf was Gigabyte thinking, if we're already paying >$200 for a "quality" motherboard how hard is it to design a vapor-plate or 2x6mm heatpipe cooler

Fucks sake my X58 motherboard IDLES AT NEARLY 100 WATTS, and all it needs is a 2-pipe solution for everything to stay at 35-50C.
This is just embarrassing.

you ok m8?

>Active cooling all day all the time
>Ridiculous prices
That's a nope from me.

you can use Zen 2 on older chipsets. PCIE4 is the only real difference

I don't know who that cunt is but just for the title and the thumbnail I refuse to watch that video. Cancerous piece of shit.

>fear, uncertainty, and doubt
>about fucking graphics cards
Do you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, you're taking consumer graphics card choices a little bit too seriously?

i guess you could buy a mini noctua fan and glued it there

How about motherboard OEMs just spend the $15 and toss a Noctua 40mm fan on the chipset?
Surly no one could complain then

motherboards vendors screwed themself up. not only high end boards are useless cause overclock is shit on ryzen, but also there is this fucking fan. might as well pick a low end board and stick a heatsink or a fan ...

Really high end boards have always been useless for the vast majority of things
$500 boards exist on Z390 and even with a 9900K they're useless for getting a better OC over a $200 board unless your eyeing world records on LN2

What's wrong with gigabyte?

Perpetual budget brand

>X570
>top tier VRM even on the cheapest boards
>shitty SB fan that isn't even necessary

Attached: 1559791631123.png (540x395, 298K)

pcie4 nvme

>Mixing LED colors
What did he expect? Sure thing system gonna run in unstable mode.

> it NEEDs to be that fast
Or, get this: they could make a real heatsink.

>SSDs now need cooling
When the fuck was this allowed ffs

>Not just using a B450 board.

I daresay 99% of you do not need PCIe4 for your massive NVMe SSD RAID arrays.