Which password manager do you use Jow Forums? I've been looking for something free, decent and cross platform

Which password manager do you use Jow Forums? I've been looking for something free, decent and cross platform.

Attached: 1 J8zv8BV4zwPYmqW2uKQAqQ.png (1047x359, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/936:_Password_Strength
git.zx2c4.com/password-store/about/
youtu.be/hlRQTj1D9LA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bitwarden.

>free
>decent
>cross platform

I've got the ideal one. It's called my brain.

KeepassX and Keepaas DX

bitwarden
fuck keepASS and everyone who use it fucking autistic retards

>Which password manager do you use Jow Forums?
Jow Forums zoomers aint gonna like this but i believe the safest pass manager is ur brain, alternatively use a pen and paper

This, with synching to sync them

Lastpass. I know they are the "bad guy" but it's pretty comfy. I use their 2fa app too and works great.

i generate passwords from weihan zhang's random tweets.
works pretty well, examples:
>RememberFireWorkLoud
>CaucasionMansWhiteHair
>NotIntimidateMonkeyUncivilize
easy to remember aswell.

KeepassXC with syncthing to sync the database.

my brain

Been using 1password for years. It's really good. Mobile app has autofill for apps.

>I know they are the "bad guy"
?

Why yes, I use the same password for all accounts, how did you notice?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

I wanna know this as well, I just installed Lastpass and it seems to be pretty fucking good at working with shit that other managers don't on my phone

truly the most redpilled setup

Attached: 1562331840815.jpg (720x706, 152K)

KeepAssXC anything else shouldn't even be mentioned.

Paper and pen

text document on my desktop

So you remember in your head, different 64/128/256 character passwords utilising the entire UTF-8 character space for every single account you have? On top of that the key phrases for your servers?

keepassxc

Some shitty company bought them over. That company ruined every company it bought. But Lastpass is holding well so far.

>LogMeIn
Jesus fucking Christ anyone shilling or using that shit deserves to be shot.

So I tried Lastpass and Bitwarden, they're almost the same. On mobile lastpass is quicker at doing things like autofilling without much of a prompt. Bitwarden opens a fullscreen prompt to choose entries or create them.

>its more secure if i store all of my passwords behind a single password

Attached: file.png (645x729, 151K)

Thank you for your unwarranted demonstration of just how retarded you are and now fuck back off to

>hurr durr i have no argument so i send u back to l eddit lmao roasted! xd

LastPass Premium

you aren't poor right?

fpbp fuck OP for being a lazy nigger who can't use google or the archive
Buttwarden is all three of those faggot

Not that user, I'm genuinely retarded. Could you explain how it's a secure practice?

I mean hypothetically if you don't notice you have a keylogger in your system somehow and you log in with your amazing lengthy master password you can get that shit stolen, right?

this is my setup too
no they use 7 character english dictionary based passwords you fool
>correct horse battery staple

Isn't this a meme?

Like how the fuck is X%NCM=d^FIbWXht`{lm less safe than panic vita bobbin phil able rabbit bib 567 isle lynx

Attached: passwords_blog_protonmail.png (740x601, 167K)

Sure if you have a key logger you are fucked no matter what but as has been shown in countless studies it's much more secure to remember a single strong password rather than a lot of them which leads to choosing less secure passwords or straight up just reusing them for every site because humans are inherently lazy.

I guess I could always use something like 2FA. Though the only method I know that seems convenient is text messages.

You should use 2FA anyways. Preferably not SMS since those are far from secure but even so I'd rather see people use SMS 2FA than no 2FA at all. Also there are tons of 2FA apps for both Android and iOS and most websites today allow 2FA which you should seriously use.

use explainxkcd for answers

explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/936:_Password_Strength

I might use an app for that kind of thing, not sure which. Authy any good?

git.zx2c4.com/password-store/about/

Try brain for once

>pen and paper
t. boomer

Attached: 1562682891669s.jpg (101x125, 3K)

>git.zx2c4.com/password-store/about/
Same on windows I couldn't get working but on Linux and android my password is quick to get. If you're retarded watch the distrotube video on it cause you'll need to set it up
youtu.be/hlRQTj1D9LA

i don't want to read the xkcd thingy, so i'll just explain:
excepting rainbow tables which work with dumped hashes IIRC,
passwords are bruteforced by trying simple easy passwords against the authentication method. common words from the english dictionary are first combined together in all sorts of combinations up to a certain character limit, then the same is done with number additions and replacements like i-1, e-3 etcetera
however it is a lot harder to randomly guess a password that uses most of UTF-8, because there are thousands of possible characters rather than 255.
so strings pulled unaltered from the english dictionary are less secure than random ascii characters, and random utf8 characters are more secure than random ascii characters.
hope that helped

only sprinkle fags and glowies dont use keepass

Kek'd

Attached: 1561576365316.gif (200x113, 563K)

none of those
keepass xc

This is the correct answer.

Bitwarden
Its incredible
Host your own

>Authy any good?
I'm a different user. A spoofed phone number will allow someone to gain access to your Authy account. Google Authenticator would be a better option. Anything not SMS / phone number based should be fine.

At some point you get so many that writing them down is the only option. And it's much safer to keep them in a carefully organized encrypted database than in a plain text file or on a piece of paper.

Lastpass ,if you guys are serious about privacy you shouldn't do anything online

Attached: 1562195470739.jpg (846x1024, 200K)

firefox password manager with a master password
How fucked am I if I get H A C C e d from browsing the wrong site?

>thumbnail
t. Zoomer

Huuuurrr you need a number or a special character!!!

I wish companies would fuck off with their shit tier requirements

> your password is too long

pass

my nigga

Isn't google authenticator a huge problem when it comes to losing your phone?

Samsung is all fucking wrong on this, they warn you if you use over 15 characters and passphrases are less "secure" by their estimation

>A spoofed phone number will allow someone to gain access to your Authy account.
Your Authy account is useless without your backup password. Your tokens are encrypted with it

been working for me fine for years, but I do worry some day there will be some vulnerability against it (same thought applies to all cloud providers)

keepass