Which is the best propertiary 3D parametric CAD program used by the car industry?

Which is the best propertiary 3D parametric CAD program used by the car industry?
Does it even exists or all of them are bullshit?
I have ~ 10 years working experience with CATIA, around 2 with NX, some with OEM specific, long time deprecated programs.
I do mostly injection moulded parts and assys, freeform surfaces, kinematics simulations, pretty complicated top-down skeleton based assemblys, stuff like that.
I hate NX, i am sad about CATIA and dont really expect any reform in this field anymore.
All of them are pajeetware bullshit, anti-productive clusterfuck.
I hope you have some ideas.
Inventor, SE and SW are middle class, thus not applicable, no company uses them in this area.
I used to like I-DEAS just because it was extrem-autist level, no normies used it, it was also full of shitty solutions.

Attached: A0CD9784-2159-4AE8-967F-3DD37546C449.jpg (2719x1556, 951K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometric_modeling_kernel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

INSTALL FREECAD!

Not used in the industry, so nogo.

I've seen PTC Creo used for automotive.

Alias is used in automotive. I don't have much design experience with it however, but I've seen some cool curves drawn with it.

All CAD software today will be obsolete within 5 years

Used, true.
Shitty pajeetware too.

Alias is not CAD, but CAS.

OP here.
I think every parametric CAD package is flawed, we should return to 2D CAD softwares. But ibviously it wont happen, there is way too many money and manpower in the industry, so effeciency is not a requiment anymore.
I hope a nuclear attack will be mountex against the CAD software-HQs.

because?

Get out of that botnet industry and make personal 3d printed artisan crafts.

Very funny, pretty much the only difference between Autocad 2015 and Autocad 2020 is the .dwg file format.

Inb4 Autodesk, yes yes

>propertiary

What is this faggotry. Do you even care?

AutoCAD is not used by car industry. It is obsolate.
I used to learn AutoCAD R14. Does it still uses %%d and %%c?

They are basically the same since they are all built around the same workflow, same math and same applications.

Not sure about car industry, but Inventor is standart in europe, also Solid Works.
I've heard good things about CREO too, but worked with it only briefly so I can't tell.

I DO care, but i have to use the tools what the industry *accepts*.

But the main CAD packages using different kernels: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometric_modeling_kernel

CAD'S about to radically change. We can currently manufacturer more complicated things than our CAD software can handle.

>CAD'S about to radically change. We can currently manufacturer more complicated things than our CAD software can handle.
How are they going to change it?

Lol you wish, I still see CATIA V5 used everywhere

If you mean additive manufacturing, then you're wrong, hi-end CAD solutions like CATIA and NX integrate complex surfacing tools and not only parametric ones that can literally do any shape.

Btw, do someone has experience with a CAD software with similar surfacing capabilities as CATIA in complement to parametric modeling? I still run it on wine, but I'd like to have a native solution for linux and freeCAD isn't good enough, and I don't like NX. BrisCAD maybe? Did someone use it?
I need to be able to make forms with pic related complexity.

Attached: 9842.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Op here
Nx12 runs on linux and it is comparable to CATIA in surfaces (i use it exclusively in the last 2 years in work), but they want to drop the linux platform support.
It is motif based, like the mac variant, and while motif is ok, the gui is a clusterfuck on non-win platforms (constraints from motif?)
Catia v5r28 is still modern.

Btw, is it your screenshot? Do you use a tablet or a touch-capable screen?
I mean the touch controls are visible on your shot...

sketchup web can do that

Catia cant class-a without icem shape, but it can ~close enough.
Sketchup definetely cant.

>Very serious work
Solidworks
>really serious mission critical work
CATIA

OP here. Both sucks.
Yes, i know both.
For serious job ofc CATIA, but it is also shitty. Any other?

Yeah I didn't like the ui of NX.
Maybe I'll try CATIA V6R2014 3Dexperience in a vm or remote windows server. Though its shit to install. I guess for offline work I'll stick to V5R21 in wine.

Nope not mine, found on the web, I digged up one of my work, one that has the most complex shape that I had to do on CATIA, for a cosplay.

Sketchup is one of the worst CAD software I ever touched, never again.

Attached: Screen_3.png (939x888, 211K)

rhino 6 can do pic related "parametrically" effortlessly... as long as object history is turn on. rhino it's a dumb software, jack of all trades, but if know how to use it, it's fast as hell. or try Autodesk fusion if you live in the 2019
>t rhino shill

>3D parametric CAD
Fusion 360

>Sketchup definetely cant.
guess you never found the ruby console

Be informed: V6 requires ENOVIA AFAIK. No save as file possible anymore.

Autodesk is nogo.
Rhino is not CAD, but CAS with some kind of CAD background.
In the industry it is used only as CAS.

this if you need it in the industry. Moi3D if you work for yourself or have freedom to choose.

In the trash it goes, try to read next time.

Sketchup not acknowledged by the industry, try to read next time.

still Fusion360

Nobody acknowledges them. Nogo.

I know, I actually already use CATIA V5 at work with ENOVIA. It's a bitch to setup on a local machine but I have to say data driven organisation is vastly superior to file driven. But the advantage is really visible for large projects.

Still not capable enough, and not used in car industry. It is middle class btw.

small mistake, "but the advantage is ONLY really visible..."

But the data exchange is much more compicated than with v5.
I also had locale v6 and mssql+ENOVIA install on localhost, butno industry uses V6 at all yet.

Attached: 1561678730566.png (1000x669, 950K)

What do you mean by more complicated?

You cant save a catpart, file based partnanagement or interoperation with other companies is troublesome. Import/export required afaik.
But i never used V6 in work yet.
Enovia is great, but nowhere used in eu.

I have seen enovia install kits everywhere, but nowhere actually using it.
I think i have a complete vanilla unopened install-kit somewhere for V5R17 ir something.

Is there actually a way to rice Catia? Every pajeet on youtube show how to change the friggin background of the 3d workspace, but what I'm instrested in is ricing my toolbars (icons and toolbar background)

well.. yeah. if you absolutely cannot use more than one software.. rhino it's a no go to op

Try P3.

Shit, that's problematic if you need to import/export just to save a single part separately.
I'll still want to try it even just for the sweet looking ui and integrated rendering engine.
ENOVIA is actually used at ITER, but ironically it's an internationnal project.

Attached: 948242.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Huh, thanks user, I didn't know of this

dont know i was taught creo