Are there really no ips or even good quality 4:3 high res monitors...

Are there really no ips or even good quality 4:3 high res monitors? You'd think there would be a huge market for programmers.

Attached: 41VfKExvyfL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eizo.co.uk/flexscan/ev2730q-bk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i dont need my computer to have amazing picture quality. i just need to be able to use the computer.

high quality displays are for the home theater, not the office.

how is 4:3 for programmers; ultrawide is a way better for option

people who want a text-focused monitor just buy an ordinary 19:9 widescreen one and use it in portrait orientation.

Vertical space is more important

You still lack a lot of width with that. I currently use a 16:10 and i could use sone more horizontal space.

Get a large 4K panel and pretend the sides dont exist you retard.

That 2160p of vertical space and the 3640p of horisontal space actually allow you to multitask.

how long your lines of code are

>You'd think there would be a huge market for programmers.
lol...why?

You can get a large format 3840x2160p panel for under $500, which gives you the MOST space to actually have content open at the same time on the same panel.

Yes but 4:3 panel production is near non-existent, the tooling to produce large 4:3 panels just doesn't exist, whereas the tools to produce large 16:9 panels are cheap and abundant due to TV panels.

It's just FAR cheaper to buy a high resolution 16:9 panel and deal with it not being the "ideal" aspect ratio.

The fact it's 16:9 doesn't make it bad, it's STILL much larger, and higher res, than any 4:3 panel available.

Except depending on size and resolution, it becomes a bitch to see. Not to mention how obstructive the monitor will be. A 4:3 makes more sense

Most people just turn 16:9 monitors vertically nowadays. I wish there was a good 5:4 monitor, but I'm stuck with 1280x1024.

>the tooling to scale what we already have doesnt exist

Sounds like a bs excuse not to make them

>Except depending on size and resolution, it becomes a bitch to see.

I said LARGE, you can buy a 40" liyama panel and use it without scaling as if you had a seamless array of 4 regular monitors.

You can have a clusterfuck of any number of windows and copy, paste, drag and drop the shit out of them.

Or a 32" with a little scaling like I do.

No you're a fucking retard and don't understand how the market works.

There is no market for 4:3 panels like you're describing.

Even if you managed to find 10000 morons just like yourself willing to buy one, the custom tooling, custom production, etc would end up with panels costing $1000-2000 or more.

The reason you can get dirt cheap 40" 4k TVs is because they make them on such a MASSIVE scale, that they can reduce the costs significantly.

A 4:3 panel like you're talking about simply wouldn't have that. It would cost a huge amount, and no one would want to pay for it and would just get a 4k panel for 1/4 of the cost and the same usability if you're not an autistic moron.

This.

I know how the market works. I was just saying it was a roundabout way if saying they rather not produce for a niche market, asshole.

idk about desktop monitors, but you can get a high res flexiview (IPS) screen for a t60 or t70 (if you can afford one I mean)

I have a dell one
only cost me £30

>sounds like a BS excuse not to make them
>I was just saying it was a roundabout way if saying they rather not produce for a niche market, asshole
No, you were being a fucking moron, it's not a BS excuse, it's a perfectly valid reason to not make a product. There is no market for it, so obviously they wont make it.

That's not BS.

And again, if you're not a moron, you'll just buy a large 4k panel, and run it at 2880x2160 and ignore the black bars on the sides.

Why the fuck would anyone want a 4:3 monitor for programming when Ultrawide exists.
Goddamn fucking luddite retards i swear.

Now youre being an autistic fuckhead. Youre shilling way too hard for corporations.

>he fell for the ultrawide meme

How does it feel to be a star trek larping retard

you can still find 4:3 monitors when dumpster diving but who wants that

>they could easily do it if they wanted to to make zero profit or even lose money for a specific niche market that no one cares about

....okay

they don't exist, but it would be pretty cool if they did. they'd be ideal for multi monitor setups

eizo.co.uk/flexscan/ev2730q-bk/

Attached: ev2730q-ecoview-series-f83.jpg (1220x900, 95K)

I second this motion. Which monitor company should we pester to build it for us?

Attached: goat.jpg (852x854, 47K)

Ibm

>Muh vertical spce
>Literally less vertical space than a regular 4k panel

>No you're a fucking retard and don't understand how the market works.
You're the retard:
>potential market exists
>"I'm just going to ignore it because I don't like money"

...it's an nonviable market.

A market exists, but no one who WANTS a 4:3 panel as is being described would ALSO be able to pay the $1000-2000 pricetag for such a panel.

Out of the potential thousands of retards who WOULD want a panel like that, only a few dozen would actually be willing (and able) to pay for one.

And if you're only gonna get a few dozen people to actually pay out for it, then you'll need to price it high enough that you'll make back whatever you spent on the production.

tldr; it'll never happen and you're RETARDED if you honestly think there is ANY profit to be made from such a niche market.

There are heaps of uses for 4:3 monitors, especially in non desktop environments where you may need the size for a particular purpose or a particular computer setting.
They still have them in libraries, etc, where you only have one program running.
I saw them at the aldi near my house infact (surprising considering they usually have less than monitors).

Lmao, we're not talking about cheap shitty 4:3 displays, we're talking about a LARGE high resolution 4:3 display for programmers, which as I said, is a non-viable market and will never exist

jesus, you're just confirming how fucking stupid you are with this.
Keep going though, it's funny.

You sound flustered.

Attached: there's no need to be upset.gif (325x203, 780K)

okay then. why isnt this a better option then?

Attached: 2014-12-22_14-04-41.png (750x445, 86K)

and you sound like you don't know a literal thing about monitor panel production.

By your logic, why do you think 4:3 panels like we're talking about don't exist?

The (((jews)))?

Horizontal space is important.

Just get a bigger screen. 4:3 is garbage and the industry already left it behind.

thats why 1:1 displays exist

>By your logic, why do you think 4:3 panels like we're talking about don't exist?
>The (((jews)))?
I never thought of that.
Now it all makes sense.
The jews did this. For some reason their jew magic spells don't work if we view it on a 4:3 screen.

Attached: 1562091649118.png (399x386, 153K)