Non-debian users are dumb?

Like wtf is wrong with you guys
are you actually doing something useful with your computer? why are you using gentoo? arch? void? i3? dwm?
why nobody is using Debian XFCE here? it's just working, and it's not bloated.
it seems like everyone here is autistic, just look at /dpt/, the only programmers are using the most obscure language possible to achieve something useless

Attached: thisguyisbetterthanyou.png (371x361, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xkcd.com/1732/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Enjoy your ancient packages man.

sorry bud, i'm too busy writing a kernel in my Fedora distro and my microemacs editor

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

enjoy your useless new packages

What is the actual point of using Debian over literally any other Debian-based distro with improvements?

Debian is cool but XFCE looks like shit. There is no reason to use it if it machine as over 2GB of RAM.

>Install Debian 9 LXDE
>It takes forever
>boot up
>grub screen appears
>screen goes black and stays black
>ok fuck this
>install debian 9 xfce
>takes forever to install
>boot up
>it's slow as shit
>try mx linux and wow it fucking werks

i'm convinced debian makes a good base for other distros to build from but in stock form it's literally dog shit

>why nobody is using Debian XFCE here?
Because I use Debian MATE, m8

>not using devuan + xfce

>imagine being so retarded that you need to use another distro instead of just replacing systemd with sysvinit yourself when debian is one of the few that actually allows you to switch the init.

Because I don't want a bunch of faggots and sjws trying to shove their CoC up my ass like you do, faggot

>why nobody is using Debian XFCE here? it's just working, and it's not bloated.
Why would you just go on the internet and tell lies?

Attached: systemd-logo.png (429x114, 4K)

>muh sjws

>XFECES
>apt

>why nobody is using Debian XFCE here?
I am. Just installed Debian 10. However, I did have trouble related to firmware, and had to go into recovery mode to install it.

A lot of packages, and minimal bloat (with xfce, at least).

I still don't understand how using Debian is somehow bad because there are sjws behind it. Like, does the system refuse to boot up unless you use gender neutral pronouns to refer to it?

>does the system refuse to boot up unless you use gender neutral pronouns to refer to it
Not yet. Give it a few more years and we'll be reading 'xir' pages.

Jow Forums would literally consider that a problem worse than global warming.

>a problem worse than global warming
At least it's one we can fix.

Hey, dude, it's either fix it or die.

>dude
Did you just assume my fucking gender?
>it's either fix it or die
You can't fix sun cycles, user. What we really need to do, is get off this rock.

Sorry, gender neutral person, but it's not the solar cycles. That's propaganda by the oil and gas companies. The intensity of solar radiation hasn't been increasing, We know that CO2 is capable of causing greenhouse effect, and we know emissions of it have increased massively in the same years that led to all the global warming.

Honestly, which of those sounds more likely?

>the Vostok ice core sample data is propaganda by the oil and gas companies
Huh?

The sample itself, no, but the way it's being fallaciously interpreted is indeed propaganda. A lot of factors go into global warming. Currently, solar radiation literally cannot be the cause. I wonder if it might be the known greenhouse gas we've been pumping on a massive scale into the atmosphere.

isn't ubuntu the best distro?

As a Linux enterprise administrator, I can tell you that you're a fucking moron and you should use what works for you. GNU/Linux is practically fucking identical across the board until you start trying to rice shit out and use a GUI like a fag.

Attached: dumb_fuck_juice.jpg (563x651, 226K)

>I wonder if it might be the known greenhouse gas we've been pumping on a massive scale into the atmosphere.
How can human be the cause of emissions THIS time, when the data shows the same quantity in the atmosphere hundreds of thousands of years ago, when humans were dwelling in caves? I know... we were experts at husbandry and we had too many cows?
You spelled gentoo wrong.

How is systemd bloatware, you fucking mongoloid? Are you a never-systemd'er for the sake of internet hipster cred? What a fucking loser.

Attached: rdrr.gif (300x206, 921K)

I use debian xfce at work and arch bspwm at home. Since I use only emacs and browser at work, it makes no difference for me. I honestly prefer using arch over debian.

Your argument is literally incoherent. The fact that we couldn't have been the ones to release CO2 into the atmosphere back then doesn't invalidate the fact that we are doing it now.

>emacs and browser
>emacs
>and browser
>not browsing in emacs

Also, you are literally spreading lies. The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere during the vast majority of the last ice age was lower than it is now.

>how is an init system handling DNS bloat?
systemd is monolithic and expansive akin to microsoft

Nice meme, but Linus has gone on record several times saying he uses Fedora.
Nice try spreg.

Attached: 1426002140479.png (650x488, 523K)

The point being, it is not entirely man made, and we don't actually know the actual causes yet. Making statements about climate change being caused by humans, and we will all die if we don't stop carbon emissions, is disingenuous.
>Also, you are literally spreading lies.
The data is there for anyone to read. (You) included.

debian died with ian, the gaybian abomination of today should burn

So why do you use Linux then, retard? The Linux kernel is monolithic too (akin to Microsoft LOLOLOLOL)

Attached: get_out_of_g.png (1000x1000, 222K)

>71820066
not even worth a (You)

>The point being, it is not entirely man made
The CO2 is literally the biggest factor that is correlated to it currently.

>Making statements about climate change being caused by humans, and we will all die if we don't stop carbon emissions, is disingenuous.
It's a factual prediction. If there were evidence that falsified CO2 being the cause, why would the scientists continue to support that theory? There is nobody that benefits from that.

>The data is there for anyone to read
I did. It contradicts what you said.

Attached: ncomms14845-f4.jpg (926x637, 89K)

>It's a factual prediction
>factual
>prediction
You're either trolling or retarded. Either way, kys.

Attached: 1356342679865.jpg (165x211, 18K)

Prediction based on existing factual data. However, I do like how your lack of arguments has led you to resort to nitpicking.

An init system's only job should be to spawn processes from a configurable list of daemons, which may be, and probably should be, from different projects than the init system itself. If an init system does anything more than this, it's bloated.

>Prediction based on existing factual data.
They will read your fortune over on /x/ if you give them your birth date.
If I give them my 'factual data' birthday, will the wiz give me a 'factual prediction'?
lmao
kys, I'm not kidding.

Attached: 1421140294707.jpg (720x715, 232K)

Cute. A system that runs faster and is modular is bloated because it doesn't conform to your view of what something should do. Nice.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.gif (363x277, 1019K)

>nu-Jow Forums still thinks debian is a good distro
the old debian is dead. I'm not a Jow Forumstard but debian now is just systemd trannyware, it's not even as stable as it used to be. may as well use fedora at this point since you have newer packages and the same stability though slackware is the real debian replacement

Alright, my gender neutral person. If it makes you happier to make comparisons you know aren't valid, go ahead.

>the old debian is dead.
This

I agree, but it seems as though people here care more about the fact that there are trannies there, than about the existence of bugs in the stable branch, and the mess that is apt.

>make comparisons you know aren't valid
>comparing prediction with prediction is invalid
Sure thing, sport.

Ein Reich!
Ein Volk!!
Ein Init!!!

Attached: 634(1).jpg (1024x576, 83K)

Debian is garbage. Packages are ancient and often broken. I don't know why anyone would ever use this. If you need a stable distro, just use a long term support version of some half-way decent distro.

>debian now is just systemd trannyware,
do you have any opinion on devuan, the systemd-less debian?

>we can't predict anything about the future because /x/ can't based on your birthday
>falling for propaganda this hard

\0

Fuck him.

it's actually really good but the security updates lag behind debian

+1

systemd is slower than runit

its not even possible to install popcorntime on that gay RHEL

>not falling for my propaganda is falling for propaganda

ah thanks!

>Linus uses Fedora therefore Debian is better
What the fuck is this argument?

Propaganda by who, though? We know oil and gas companies have an interest in denying the role of CO2 in global warming. However, who, for the love of all that is holy, has an interest in convincing people that CO2 is causing global warming?

not political
there is clear political motivation to convince people climate change doesn't real, to whatever extent

I'm not a fucking geek.

t. macOS master race

>Propaganda by who, though?
The tripe your spitting.
>there is clear political motivation to convince people climate change doesn't real
That's funny, because it seems like the opposite to me.
>buy this hybrid
>use green energy
>SELL YOUR COWS
Besides; if the geologists were right in the 80's, Cali would be an island, and I'd have ocean front property...
If the climate scientists were right in the 90's, Manhattan would be underwater, along with most of the eastern seaboard.

>However, who, for the love of all that is holy, has an interest in convincing people that CO2 is causing global warming?
Most governments because it's a great excuse to raise carbon taxes.

Why sell hybrid cars when you could just as easily simply sell fossil fuel cars, and why spend money creating renewable energy when it's cheaper to create fossil fuel one. It doesn't make sense as a cause.

>It doesn't make sense as a cause.
Marketing gimmicks rarely make logical sense.

You don't understand. It doesn't make sense for them to invent a whole conspiracy and false scientific idea just to sell products that really don't have a lot of advantages over the ones they already sell. There has never been a single case of that happening.

>There has never been a single case of that happening
What is planned obsolescence?
>inb4 conspiratard

Planned obsolescence isn't even close to this. It doesn't involve inventing a whole scientific theory just to sell inferior goods that they didn't need to sell, and which sell much worse than their other products. It just involves making your product break easier.

>Problem, reaction, solution
It's how products are sold. Halitosis wasn't a condition until Listerine told us it was.

Debian on desktop is a meme for fags needing a cutesy logo in their neofetch. Anything that isn't *buntu, Suse or Fedora is a waste of time.

I use debian with i3. Pretty good although I would like to try xmonad some time.

The funny thing is George is more competent than any individual programmer in the thread and he uses Mac or Ubuntu. Let that speak for obscure distro usability...

I installed buster 10 and it says trying to resume from hybernation at the startup...what does this mean?

>If the climate scientists were right in the 90's, Manhattan would be underwater, along with most of the eastern seaboard.
It's amazing how many things climate scientists have "said in the nineties" in the last few years. At this rate it won't be long before they "said in the nineties" that the sky was green and the earth was flat.

How the fuck did you two start arguing about climate change and end on halitosis (on a thread about Debian, nonetheless). One of you even denied that statistical analysis exists. Congratulations on the hard work you two, now take a nice break and never come back.

I find it interesting that the entire movement was introduced by a CIA assets VP, in a "documentary" evidenced by a J-curve graph based on "predicted" data.
I don't trust my meteorologist for tomorrows weather. Why the fuck should I trust the VP of a CIA comped womanizer?
>on a thread about Debian
You expected educated discourse?
Install Gentoo.

>You expected educated discourse?
I expected tranny memes and "systemd bad" shitposting but honestly I'd rather have that than you two bickering about off-topic shit. Can't you exchange contact info and fuck off with your conversation?

>Can't you exchange contact info and fuck off with your conversation?
I agree. It's why I've "politely spiced" my responses on the matter.
*buntu is fake and gay... bee tee dubs

>Besides; if the geologists were right in the 80's, Cali would be an island, and I'd have ocean front property...
>If the climate scientists were right in the 90's, Manhattan would be underwater, along with most of the eastern seaboard.
This is a retarded meme. A few nutty climatologists might've said stuff like this, but it was hardly the scientific consensus.

>This is a retarded meme.
Now? Sure. Then? Headlines.
"An Inconvenient Truth" is convenient propaganda.

>Linus has gone on record several times saying he uses Fedora
False.
Show me such a statement within the past exactly 2 years.

You don't understand the concept of dependencies.

>I find it interesting that the entire movement was introduced by a CIA assets VP, in a "documentary" evidenced by a J-curve graph based on "predicted" data.
What on Earth are you talking about? What movement?

>Now? Sure. Then? Headlines.
Yes, because newspapers have never printed dumb opinions from non-scientists as if they were on-par with actual science.

>"An Inconvenient Truth" is convenient propaganda.
It's a good thing that science exists independently from Hollywood movies

>What on Earth are you talking about? What movement?
Al Gore.
>Yes, because newspapers have never printed dumb opinions from non-scientists as if they were on-par with actual science.
It happens the same today. There is nothing new under the Sun.
>t's a good thing that science exists independently from Hollywood movies
Do a little digging, and you will see it does not. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, needs that trade value to make their engine spin. Your precious 'non-biased' scientists included.
>If there is no interest to fund this, it might as well not exist.

>Al Gore.
Al Gore isn't a climatologist. If he said that the Moon was made of cheese would you become an Apollo hoaxer?

>Do a little digging, and you will see it does not.
I already have; "a little digging" is incredibly easy.

> Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, needs that trade value to make their engine spin. Your precious 'non-biased' scientists included.
Cool story.
Do you have any evidence to back up your conspiracy theory? Because ">90% of all the words climatologists are in on it" isn't the kind of claim you can just assert and hope everyone will take you word for.

I use debian with i3 but honestly it's all the same, idk why you think only people who use debian get shit done. When you get everything set up, OS doesn't matter as much.

you're actually an idiot. So first off, you obviously fucked up the install. Plus the fact you think a different desktop environment will change an issue regarding a black screen before the actual boot process only proves you're an idiot. Obviously it's a driver issue you fucking dumbass, of course MX is going to work since it includes nonfree packages. Next time try installing the fucking nonfree cd instead of thinking it's the OS's fault you're a dense little fucktard, user.

xkcd.com/1732/

>Al Gore isn't a climatologist.
Yet, his gay docu_drama fueled this retardation.
>I already have; "a little digging" is incredibly easy.
I was NOT referring to your sexual deviation.
>Cool story.
kys
>Do you have any evidence to back up your conspiracy theory?
I don't need a theory to dispose of my current lifestyle. The likes of you keep twisting knots to tell me otherwise though. I'm not buying a hybrid.
>Because ">90% of all the words climatologists are in on it"
You know, 90% of folk could be right about sodomy; and yet I still see poop.

>deferring to a comic
kek

>Headlines
Headlines rarely reflect scientific consensus. Are you talking about headlines on the likes of CNN and Fox? Even back then, they were complete bullshit.

>Headlines rarely reflect scientific consensus.
Headlines create consensus. Faulty or otherwise.

Fedora is harder to use than Debian so anyone who uses it must be more intelligent than the average Debian user.

top tier discourse friend
not that it matters but its really just a chart with some illustrations
even has some sources on the side

Shitposting about how productive you are isn't a form of productivity.

>xkcd
>top tier discourse friend
You require assistance, but I am unavailable.

>Fedora is harder to use than Debian
Only if you're questioning you're gender.