Is there a better technological feeling than taking some gay...

Is there a better technological feeling than taking some gay, poorly designed proprietary device and modding it into a heterosexual, freedom respecting one?

Attached: 1562712119722.jpg (2560x1920, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archimago.blogspot.com/2016/09/retro-measure-2006-apple-ipod-classic.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not using some gay, poorly designed proprietary device in the first place.

Attached: 1550320041166.png (425x413, 60K)

Yes. Never having been conned into buying fagware in the first place

shitty DAC

>heterosexual
>anime
Pick one, faggot

iPod 5.5 is the cheapest hi fidelity DAP out there

Cell phones

Which one has a Wolfson DAC?

kek

This.

I used to be into PMPs, but then I got an Xperia phone. Sounds soo good.

it's just nice to have a player for work that isn't draining my phone battery. need to find a smaller Bluetooth adapter and better headphones too so it stays the fuck out of my way while working

Attached: KIMG0022.jpg (1920x2560, 511K)

>plug in good headphones/earbuds
Can't hear shit
>plug in cheap shit
*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*
Sanshit is absolutely the worst Jow Forums meme. Better DAPs are worth every penny.

There's a semi-small 30-pin to bluetooth adapter on amazon but it's like $50. I'll probably bite the bullet and buy one eventually.

Any ipod accessories at all are incredibly rare nowadays. I literally couldn't find a case for an ipod 5th gen when I looked online

I've got this and it's good with how far it pushes signal but its bulky as fuck and likes to sometimes connect one earbud unless I reset it to do both. I think I've seen that connector before at some point

Attached: KIMG0023.jpg (1920x2560, 615K)

maybe stop using faggot wireless shit

>Is there a better technological feeling than taking some gay, poorly designed proprietary device and modding it into a heterosexual, freedom respecting one?
Doing that AND upgrading the original hardware.
Behold 2000 mAh battery and 512SD.

Attached: 20170327_175603 - Copy.jpg (5000x2812, 3.4M)

you're right I want to completely fuck up good earbuds while working. sounds great dumbass.

The one in the pic OP has posted has pic related inside.
How's the battery life with the 2000 mAh cell? I get around 25h with the original 750mAh (which is closer to 600mAh these days, as it's very worn out)

Attached: IMG_20190422_143909.jpg (1920x2560, 1.68M)

is that a 5.5? did you change the back?

I have one with an SSD I got off ebay but is that rockbox? but desu i find myself not even using it..
i just don't listen to music idk

LMAO whats with this meme with 5th gen ipods. They have bass attenuation issues. The 6th gen ipod classic with the cirrus logic dac is actually the far superior choice. Audiophile retards shill the 5th gen for its Wolfson dac even though it measures like shit and the issue is actually audible

sauce

How’s that audio delay treating you

Why would that be remotely relevant for music? It has nothing to be in sync with

Yes. Buying a modern smartphone with a 256GB MicroSD does the exact same thing without the mental retardation associated with hacking ipods.

>touchscreen
gross

>PFFFT goes the battery and burns out your DAC

Yes. Not insisting that my mp3 player NeEdS to play gameboy roms and render rotating 3d cubes

So you're saying you don't want Rockbox because it can do more?

Quit using shit that's now listed in eBay as a vintage electronic you penniless faggotlord.

>it's better because it's newer

Attached: 1486917356728.jpg (1000x1000, 206K)

Stop spouting this retarded meme. This was an issue that affected mostly earlier iPods, and funnily enough, the Classic. The 5g does have a relatively high output impedance at low frequencies, but using headphones with an impedance higher than 23 ohm (98% of modern headphones are 32 ohm or higher) is going to give you a damping factor higher than 1, with no bass rolloff.
Source:
archimago.blogspot.com/2016/09/retro-measure-2006-apple-ipod-classic.html?m=1

Attached: Output_Impedance_iPod_vs._Pono - Processed (1).png (1277x744, 36K)