Pale Moon archive malware

PALEFURRIES BTFO!!
>The Pale Moon web browser team announced today that their Windows archive servers were breached and the hackers infected all archived installers of Pale Moon 27.6.2 and below with a malware dropper on December 27, 2017.
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hackers-infect-pale-moon-archive-server-with-a-malware-dropper/
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22526

Attached: 1514222639892.png (800x573, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22520
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22520#p170741
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86#issuecomment-363024386
alien.slackbook.org/blog/pale-moon-browser-removed-from-my-repository/
highpriorityhire.com/
palemoon.org/faq.shtml#My_antivirus_software_complains
github.com/Librefox/Librefox.github.io/issues/1#issuecomment-459003210
microsoftedgeinsider.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm a furry and I disapprove of Fireshit and it's shitty forks.

>furry degenerate spreading crypto virus for almost 2 years
>topic on the issue is locked from comments
lmao

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PALEFURRY USERS BTFO
B
T
F
O

A open topic on the subject, though knowing the dev's past experiences they'll probably lock it.

>forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22520#p170741
> Our enemies are gonna love this...
are they talking about Jow Forums and the hacker know as Jow Forums?

lol go submit that to reddit and hn
fuckers love to shit on mozilla but can't even keep a fork secure

Heh, now remember all brain dead morons sperging out about bloat and privacy.

Attached: 1355863352522.png (393x315, 234K)

I'm glad someone in either a desktop thread, /tpg/, or /fglt/, told me to stop using palememe, because they think Slackware users are retarded and won't do shit for them, a month or so ago. Thank you subgeniusniggaslack-san.

github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86#issuecomment-363024386

alien.slackbook.org/blog/pale-moon-browser-removed-from-my-repository/

>Using a furry browser when no one can stand that faggot New Tobin Paradigm

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought I'd feel a bit of malicious glee, but this is just sad.
How come nobody noticed this for 2 fucking years? How could it takes this long for someone's antivirus to go crazy and why did nobody ever check the signatures?

because if you use a browser fork you get exactly what you deserve
browser engines are too big and bloated for anything that isn't a big retarded corporation to maintain it (mozilla included)
not even microsoft wants to do it
google chrome domination means that more and more bloat will keep coming to make sure no one else can maintain their version of the internet
you installed chrome, and you fucked us all

>and why did nobody ever check the signatures?
Welcome to privacy and security community.

Join the winning team, user.

Attached: photo.jpg (2100x2100, 655K)

I feel somewhat the same way, however.
>This affected all archived executables (installers and portable exes)
It's winfags and their .exe mentality being at fault here and no one else's.

>why did nobody ever check the signatures
That's honestly the best part about it all.
>Muh security and privacy
>literally no one checked signatures in 2 years
The absolute fucking state.

Attached: 1555521326228.jpg (585x398, 18K)

what the fuck are those devs doing

Attached: 1-fuckthisgame98.jpg (800x600, 54K)

Calling the furries devs is at best giving them too much credit. They couldn't fucking fizzbuzz to save their life much less maintain a fork of Trannyfox.

so if the fork was compromised, how can we even trust other forks/browsers at this point?
bet you are all shitposting from windows/chrome fucking hypocrites

I am using ubuntu/firefox

>exe
>only from the archive
How is that an issue?

just a side note here, if you manage anything involving security and your servers start presenting any kind of problem that affects logs/data/etc and you don't do a through review (I would just 'rebuild' it from scratch), you're incompetent and there is no other word for it

APOLOGIZE

Attached: download.png (256x300, 20K)

OK
Armchair know it all expert

> if you manage anything involving security and your servers start presenting any kind of problem
just a note, you have literally no idea what and under what circumstances happened here

Go handle your shit and quit shilling here, Matt.

I disapprove of your degenerate lifestyle choices

Remember when palemoon attacked volunteers trying to get their browser working on openbsd?
>youre playing this pretty high demanding to speak to me instead of my autist

Remember when palemoon attacked slackware and its users?
>lol

Remember when palemoon decided what addons its users couldnt use?
>opposed to your add on selection

Remember when palemoon served malware to its users for over 1.5yrs
>oops!

I know im missing some.

You can start here:
highpriorityhire.com/

No,NO! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING BROS

Attached: chirpy.jpg (831x976, 98K)

>locked

Topic is locked because is in the announcements sub forum

what is this?

a parody site

take your meds matt.

Matt, why haven't you just killed yourself yet?

>nd the hackers infected all archived installers of Pale Moon 27.6.2 and below with a malware dropper on December 27, 2017.
So?
I'm on 28.5 and I've never updated
It's literally nothing

>It's literally nothing
>security exploits dont matter
you should get a job at intel

I'd rather be black, gay, and jewish, than use that shitty browser.

LOL
PALE MEMETARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
muh secure browser
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If these people can't even secure a server, what makes you think their decrepit furryfox code is any good?

pale meme btfo

Palememers LITERALLY SHAKING

>compromised for 2 years
palememe is dead

>pic related guy grabs your gf ass

What do Jow Forums?

Attached: 3889475.png (400x400, 230K)

suggest he DL and use palemoon on all his devices.

>My antivirus software complains that Pale Moon is a trojan, keylogger, PUP, PUA, ...
>Some Antivirus software is a little too paranoid in their scanning for potentially dangerous programs. It seems scanning with what is called "heuristics" is still something extremely difficult for antivirus suites to implement properly, and as a result, some AV scanners are rather paranoid whenever a complex piece of optimized software is encountered, especially if it interacts with multiple other programs and the Internet (like the plugin container does). Pale Moon has been scanned by several leading and independent software distributors and found to be 100% clean and safe.

>If your anti-malware package keeps complaining and your system is otherwise clean, please report it to your security software vendor as a false positive. Reporting it to the browser author serves no purpose as it's the malware detector's scanning engine that needs fixing.

>A critical note: the popular AVG and Norton scanners seems to be particularly paranoid about Pale Moon and have, in numerous cases, "fixed" what wasn't broken, i.e. deleted parts of the browser resulting in a broken or destroyed browser. It's therefore recommended to never let an AV suite "automatically clean" your system. There are plenty of free-for-home-use antivirus packages available to verify the detection and get a "second opinion" if you don't trust what you downloaded.

palemoon.org/faq.shtml#My_antivirus_software_complains

kek totally forgot about this

based

who's matt and why does that site keep mentioning a guy named markus staver?

God this feels so good. I have nothing against the browser itself, it’s just the lead dev moonfag and his friends are insufferable autists.

Kek kek where are palememe shills?

Attached: BaSeD.png (1039x672, 64K)

Install an actually good browser, like Brave.

Attached: brendanbrave.png (1280x720, 711K)

Based

Thank god he decided to not port that shit to OpenBSD at the end.

By the way, is there a Brave port for OpenBSD?

does it actually work now or do I still have to jump back on to Firefox for every other site?

if you're using a chromium/blink browser you're harming the future of the internet and of any alternative browsers that you will desperately need once they come for You
fuck the botnet

I can't breathe

>Windows server
OH NO NO NO

>Windows
How is this an issue? Windows is already malware so why would its users be worried about another drop in the bucket?

Oh man, I need more Spurdo Satania in my life.

Attached: ecc09be68ee714c9d10b15aefb4555915c472696265bc979eafef289689c8514.png (800x600, 49K)

Use Icecat.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT DO I USE THEN SOROSILLA SJWFOX OR THE WORLD'S BIGGEST BOTNET

dropping legacy is stronger security than supporting legacy

Attached: 1562829103.png (540x540, 66K)

And here I was, wondering, why the OP of this topic
immediately contacted Avast support because of a false positive.

Imagine if the guy had ignored it as a false positive like 99% of all people do. How much longer would this have gone unnoticed?

Well what browser am I supposed to be using now?

Attached: 1545838422764.gif (500x282, 553K)

>forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22520
>>do you have a listing of known good hashes that you could post
>No, I don't. And apparently there is no such tool available that easily and speedily does it for a whole directory structure either.
incompetent, petulant children

This same degenerate sucked advertiser cock so hard he banned AdNauseam because "MUH POOR ADVERTISEMENT COMPANIES"
Fuck this retard, nobody should be using his piece of shit

Pale moon is still safe you know
Only the (now defunct) windows-based archive server i.e. old Windows Pale moon versions, were affected.

It works very well on any site. If you have sites that break, you can selectively alter the shields settings for just that one site.

w3m

Mozilla did something similar to Librefox, did we saw any uproar like we saw with pale moon? of course not
Fucking hypocrites, the lot of you!

github.com/Librefox/Librefox.github.io/issues/1#issuecomment-459003210

>Windows-based archive server

Attached: IMG_5884.jpg (2272x1704, 1.28M)

There is a big difference between sending someone a warning regarding copyright violations and going into full autistic screeching mode in the issue tracker.

There is a big difference between actual full autistic screeching mode and what you think as full autistic screeching mode

>icon, images and name == compiler flags
kys, furry degenerate in full damage control

install falkon

>archived installations
>27.6 and below
>2017
OH GOD NO NOT THE INSTALLATION PACKAGES NO ONE USES!

Pale Moon devs are dumb, but the browser itself is the last web browser that both supports most modern websites and has a good UX (i.e. Pentadactyl) and adblocker (uBlock). Other browsers are either horrible to use (Firefox, Chrom*) or don't have proper adblockers (Qutebrowser), which is even worse.

This is fucking unreal
Furrymoon eternally btfo

Attached: 1428657071853.gif (512x481, 646K)

>How come nobody noticed this for 2 fucking years?
They just didn't give a fuck.

Attached: 1548457501528.png (1182x268, 69K)

microsoftedgeinsider.com

tor browser, waterfox, legacy firefox version, icecat

>tor browser
>icecat
Pentadactyl doesn't work (well, at least) on these

>legacy firefox versions
Get neither security not compatibility updates

These false positives was for the official releases and has absolutely nothing to do with the infected archive server
It must be very hard for you to understand and separate these two issues, i know, and i sympathize.

windows?

because windows users don't use the signatures
if they had a proper package manager automatically Does The Right Thing, this wouldn't be a problem

>tfw using windows xp older version of palemoon
I almost had a heart attack and thought I needed to scrub my hdd

no wonder nobody noticed
>Only files on the archive server were infected. This never affected any of the main distribution channels of Pale Moon, and considering archived versions would only be updated when the next release cycle would happen, at no time any current versions, no matter where they were retrieved from, would be infected.
it didn't affect downloads of the current version, only if you download an older version

>t. moonchild

>if no one uses it than it's fine
ok retard, cope

try vimium. Not as good but is fine

I've used Vimium for a bit, but it's not a real replacement.
Tridactyl on Firefox is kinda maybe usable and that is currently my main browser. However, it barely even compares to Pentadactyl's full UI reimplementation and proper keybinds (e.g. no ^W to delete a word in any part of the UI or page), plus it doesn't work at all outside loaded web pages.

when a project tells users to ignore virus scanners and best practices Because They Know Better (TM) users will follow through, which is exactly what happened leading up to the detection: >My Avast virus scanner prevented this and reported 2 issues: Win32-Malware-gen and MSIL:Crypt-HD [Trj].
>I disabled Avast and downloaded the file. I sent it as a possible false alarm to Avast - but Avast confirmed in an e-mail the findings
how many other people played with these archive copies and ignored their virus scanners because the devs explicitly told them too? this has been an ongoing problem for at least 2 years

windows supports signed binaries but the palemoon devs don't want to provide them

Attached: dc.jpg (223x226, 11K)

Don't know about the other devs, but Tobin hates pretty much all linux distros and BSD operating systems.

tobin got btfo by the openbsd (and later freebsd) devs for being a child, it's no surprise he hates the bsds

>degenerate
Being conformant mainstream garbage like you is what's really degenerate. Fuck off, moralfag!

shut the fuck up Tobin

Every normal person hates all that crap.

every normal person, and tobin

>here is my fantasy sirs, and as you see my fantasy clearly shows that me good and my landlord bad

Attached: ohnoes.png (942x133, 22K)

Attached: 1502611442152.png (296x375, 6K)

>can't properly secure a server
>blames his hoster instead

Attached: 1505239018964.jpg (886x1002, 524K)

>wtf why are you blaming me for selling you poisoned meat? my meat seller assured me that it was perfectly safe!