/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RX 5700 - overkill framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
>RX 5700 - basic
>RX 5700XT - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates in some games (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - best fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/CHJf6s
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3489-amd-ryzen-5-3600-cpu-review-benchmarks-vs-intel
noctua.at/en/nm-am4-mounting-kit-order-form
pcpartpicker.com/list/Bgrjtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have $450, I want a 3700X and a Motherboard
Microcenter has a -$50 deal for buying a Motherboard and a 3rd gen Ryzen CPU together so I technically have a $170 budget
What reliable motherboard can I buy that'll hopefully last me the next 5 years?
I don't care about PCI-E 4.0 but will run 16GB 3200 CL14s in it.

Whoops, forgot to edit that out.

Also next time try to add a little memo to report anons who are recommending Intel. Anyone at this point that recommends Intel is trolling and should be reported for shitposting.

seriously guys is the blower on 5700 xt really all that bad or is it concern fags shilling?

Attached: 1562776456987.gif (570x537, 58K)

LIFE, IT SEEMS, WILL FADE AWAY

Attached: 1562518459781.png (1920x1080, 252K)

Should I equip my case with 3 PWM coolers or is it not worth the extra cost?

Attached: file.png (730x684, 482K)

DRIFTING FURTHER EVERY DAY

Attached: 1562564161595.jpg (2560x1440, 237K)

So which new gpu is 1080ti equivalent these days?

GETTING LOST WITHIN MYSELF

Attached: 1562538404073.jpg (615x707, 197K)

>God tier
3950x

>Cucked by 3950x tier

>Why the fuck does this exist, 4% improvement tier
3800x

>Good tier
3700x

>Decent tier
3600x

>Failed 3600x tier

Right?

Attached: file.png (140x140, 37K)

Am I lucky that my 2200g supports 3400mhz RAM?

NOTHING MATTERS, NO ONE ELSE

Attached: 1562564097716.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

Yes, it's really holding the card back based on Gamernexus testing and anyone that's replaced it with something else.

You fucking stupid retarded niggers. Report this fucking peice of shit. Why am I the only person who actually cares about the state of /pcbg/????

>Right?

I HAVE LOST THE WILL TO LIVE

Attached: 1562509065028.png (1365x767, 571K)

Good list. 3600 though is basically poor people tier. Fuck I hate poor people. They give AMD a bad name.

SIMPLY NOTHING MORE TO GIVE

Attached: 1562510128823.png (1920x1080, 731K)

2060 Super is a viable purchase over the 5700XT if you specifically need Nvidia for some reason or need a GPU right now and can't wait for a 5700XT with non-shit cooling.

would water cooling solve the issue?

WHY IS NO ONE REPORTING THIS????????

THERE IS NOTHING MORE FOR ME

Attached: 1562584714365.jpg (1276x715, 146K)

Poor people can't have modern computers.

I don't think the 3800X is useless really. It's basically an absolute top tier binned 8c chip. This means either better stability for undervolting, or what more anons are interested in, potential high OC room or PBO boost capabilities.

just OC your 3600 to 3600X and save the 50$ on a better cooler
i don't understand these retards that can't into OC and think they're not getting ripped off

NEED THE END TO SET ME FREE

Attached: 1562574297722.jpg (1167x709, 273K)

I'm currently on a B350 board with a Ryzen 1700. I can already get my ram at 3200CL14 speeds, so is there a need to upgrade my board if I go up to a 3000 series cpu? Microcenter has a $50 off bundle deal going on but if I really don't need a new board, it's not worth it for me and I can just get the cpu by itself.

...So???
Basically Intel is only good for gamer manchilds that can't use a computer for anything else

>still won't bottleneck most GPUs tier
3400G

So is this what /pcbg/ has devolved into? Blatant shit posting from shills every other post? Is it a fucking bot? This is just retarded already.

Attached: 1562544826634.png (575x575, 567K)

3600x already comes with a better cooler than the 3600. I can't imagine the cost saving would be worthwhile to not just get the extra Mhz.

>the only person who actually cares
If you cared, you wouldn't be shilling amd all day

Why would you be interested in undervolting that much, especially paying more for it

RTX 2060 day one purchaser here. I'm barely holding on to all the coping I've been through since Navi's release. Please tell me I won't have to upgrade within the next 3 years to play at 1080p60.

You see this Intel fags? This is what AMD is about to put into your tight little pozzed assholes.

Attached: bnjl3f-axe47mhce3-lg.jpg (720x960, 73K)

Same applies for the 2200g. Midclass fags btfo.

Yeah man, cause I'm sure you're doing so much other shit on your computer. Compiling 24/7 right?

Probably going to get a 1440p monitor in November. I have a rx 480 4gb and that wont cut it obviously. Think I should just buy the 5700xt when coolers come or wait until november for that too?

Also I have an Asus vg248qe, should I sell it or keep it as a second monitor?

Attached: 1561274094138.png (652x680, 1.17M)

server use. For instance I have a Haswell Pentium dual core G3260 in my server. It's rated for 53w TDP. The 3700X is already only 65w TDP. Imagine an 8c16t chip with boosts in the 4.0GHz range under 55w?

Seething

Yes, replacement to the blower would really improve things.

With $20 you can get a cooler with larger fan and more pipes than any amd cooler

Reminder to report the spammer again.

Can take hours for mods/jannies sometimes...

It's fine on the 5700 but it's bad on the XT.
Supposedly, replacing the XT one with better thermal pads, thermal paste, and using some washers to increase mounting pressure.

5700XT and 2070S are both +/- 1080Ti perf.

Yes. Good RAM and/or board and/or CPU.

It's worth it if you're getting cheap Arctic fans.
Not worth it for Noctuas, no.

absolute top tier binned 8c chips are in Epyc and the 2950X.

You should be fine if you get the BIOS update for ryzen 3000.

why do a lot of people still have 4790k's but most people have upgraded from bulldozer and piledriver

does intel have more longevity

not that user, but I do an absolute fuck load of video encoding and editing on my PC. Ryzen 3xxx performs very well in games so I see no reason to have shit loads of cores AND decent gaming performance. If all you do is game at 720p with no AA, go ahead and pay a price premium for Intel. I went from an i7-8700k to my R7-3700X. Well worth it.

It's just a ridiculous price for no gains based on the benchmarks. It sounds like the perfect card for future-proofing gaming but based on stats, it seems pointless.

>spammer
I'm posting benchmarks. How is that spamming?

It's just one buttmad intel fanboy.

Have you seen the stock AMD cooler Wraith max/prism/ whatever their top version is? It performs as well as a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

And? You can afford an 8 core but $1 on the energy bill is too much for you?

>Anyone at this point that recommends Intel is trolling and should be reported for shitposting
Only thing I'm made at is shilling like this
>Anyone at this point that recommends Intel is trolling and should be reported for shitposting

You're spamming cherry picked benchmarks,, we all can cherry pick so your posts are spam and worthless.

of course not. It's also about heat. less voltage means less heat, which in turns means less fan RPM for cooling. For my server that's on 24/7, that's a plus. Again, I'm not saying the price of the 3800X is worth it. Just saying it exists for a reason.

>cherry picked
Dude, there's like 10 games there

pcpartpicker.com/list/CHJf6s
How does this look? I feel solid except for the monitor. (5700 XT would be a third-party card, obviously.)

Hey knowledgeable bro. My 2200g rig is less than a month old, all parts bought fresh new. Ive been overclocking but always within safe voltages and monitoring stuff with hwinfo. Problem is the iGpu stopped working with stock clock/voltages, no matter if I leave it on auto or set the stock values manually. I either have to underclock or undervolt it. Or else it crashes under load. 1500mhz/1.25v still works just fine tho. Do you have an idea?

>stock coolers
>any good
the 50 bucks saved will afford you a real cooler and not a gay corner cut cooler

I can cherry pick 10 games too, your point is moot.

Feel free. It's clear that intel win in gaming

I have a GTX 2060, would there be bottlenecking with a 3600x? Or should I may as well go with a 3700x?

I'm mostly just doing gaming, and nothing real current gen. I may dabble in 3d animation software, but nothing serious.

What's your mobo?
Your soc vrm might be damaged from the OC(safe voltage or not)
If it's a cheap ass mobo you shouldn't have been OC'ing to begin with m8

You're fucked now Intel. Here comes that AMD dick.

Attached: tumblr_ncdo5od8BI1tmngfco5_500.jpg (500x667, 60K)

a lot of people still use 2500k's too. but it's funny because no one wants to mention AMDs old 8 core CPUs on /pcbg/

>I'm mostly just doing gaming
Intel is better in that case. Check benchmarks yourself

Well keep the pentium and buy a $20 cooler for it instead of a $200 new cpu

>You should be fine if you get the BIOS update for ryzen 3000.
It looks like they posted an update for it. Should I be worried that it would be the one that gimps the boost clocks?

Attached: file.png (1031x202, 19K)

B450m DS3H
Oh damn
Is it likely they will refuse RMAing it with the damaged vrm?

It states there that it's the one that fixes that
>AMD agenda blah blah

>keep the 2c2t chip in your server instead of an 8c16t chip within roughly the same TDP amount
"No".

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3489-amd-ryzen-5-3600-cpu-review-benchmarks-vs-intel

Here you go people. R5-3600 review. INTEL DOES OUTPERFORM AMD IN MANY TITLES AT THE ABSOLUTE TOP END. THIS IS IRREFUTABLE. HOWEVER AMD OFFERS THE BEST PRICE:PERFORMANCE BY FAR.

There. Can we stop the shitflinging now? AMD offers enough performance for 99.99% of people for less money.

All bioses are the same. There's no beta/fixed versions. It was all a meme to cope with the shit clocks but that's how it's supposed to work because amd simply lied. Check gamersnexus video

Since the bench show no difference in performance, what do I concretely lose choosing an x470 over a x570? Principally for gaming.

Why did 8 core FXs perform just the same as the quad cores of its time

can it be OC'd to custom pre OC'd clocks or do the reference PCB will give me drawbacks?
>inb4 wait
not interested in paying a 100$ premium for +50MHz

Lol. Your that guy from yesterday or something with the gigabyte aren't you?
Don't tell them that it's from overclocking try come up with some excuse.
Just say you believe the mobo is causing it to crash and feign ignorance.
They you'll want to be sure it's that. Cause if they find nothing wrong I think they just send your board back to you and you have to then pay for shipping

reports and statistics are now not allowed?

New ryzens worth upgrading to? Currently using an old intel 3770k but it still plays everything I want but I would like to build a new system eventually.

2 "cores" sharing an FPU.

I don't get why this is so hard to accept. 9900k is still the kibg of gaming in some scenarios, but short of being a rich moron (at which case you'd be playing at 1440p/4k anyway), you should stick with Ryzen, especially for non gaming.

Needlessly fast gen4 nvme drives. Gen3 was already overkill.

how do i get an am4 kit from noctua? I don't know where my receipt for my nh-d14 is.

Attached: 1449069862465.jpg (1024x733, 81K)

I don't like getting banned.

>AMD offers enough performance for 99.99% of people for less money.
Yep nothing changed. AMD is for the poor masses.

AMD ones are decent.
50 bucks for a better cooler and a decent Mhz increase and a better binned chip? Is that not a good idea?

Attached: 51BAZbC7CQL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 26K)

noctua.at/en/nm-am4-mounting-kit-order-form
>In case you've lost the invoice of your Noctua CPU cooler, please write your full name and the current date on a piece of paper, take a photo of the paper next to your CPU cooler and upload it as proof of purchase

Sorry auto correct. Meant amd agesa combo am4 is the boost fix
Look up ^ and cope better shill

>Supposedly, replacing the XT one with better thermal pads, thermal paste, and using some washers to increase mounting pressure.
does playing at lower res would decrease the temperature?
also i have a shitty case that i have to pop open to get good air so i think it's better for me to go blower rather than fan

>Won't purchase 3900x or 3950x because of muh gaymes

t. Intel poorfag

Arent you insulted that you arent important enough for the government to use your intel backdoor against you??

Ok
What else can it be tho
Fried CPU is unlikely since people even feed 1.3v to get 1700mhz

I have a top tier 2080Ti model, 165HZ 1440p panel, and an AMD 3700X. I do a lot of encoding and editing as well as gaming. in 99% of titles, I'm getting fps from 95-150 FPS depending on the settings. What the fuck do I care that Intel gives 250fps? My monitor can only see 165 of them anyway. Is that absolute 0.01% tippy top end performance difference worth the $500 nuclear chip, top tier Z390 board to overclock it properly? No. My 65w 3700X is performing fantastic.

Well that's that, thanks.

Are you too retarded to understand that flooding the general with cherry picked benchmarks is worthless? Because anyone can cherry pick for either side.

>a better binned chip?
you can lose the silicon lottery with a 3600x and get an overpriced 3600
but hey, it's your money

>Look up ^
I don't care what you have to say. All reviewers have 0% performance difference between the 2 bioses
keep coping with your 4.2Ghz 3900x

Do it when you actually need it
And yes

So it's more like threads?

Based on advice from a friend, I've decided on a CPU and graphics card, but fairly unsure about the motherboard

Budget is around $1,000, and the only graphically intensive thing would be gaming. I might decide to get a second monitor in the future

pcpartpicker.com/list/Bgrjtg

Any tips?

get the 3700X. Then you have a wraith Prism which puts a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO to shame.
lol yea sure whatever. Tell yourself whatever you need to to justify your purchase.

>2 "cores" sharing an FPU.
Pretty sure there was a lawsuit cause they weren't really cores. AMD just called them that.

thank you senpai