/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RX 5700 - overkill framerates*
1440p 16:9 + 1080p 21:9
>RX 5700 - basic
>RX 5700XT - standard*
>RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates in some games*
2160p 16:9 + 1440p 21:9
>RTX 2070 Super - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - best fit for 4K but expensive
*requires complementary CPU and high Hz monitor

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1519487450814.png (2000x2000, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/J33yvn
pcpartpicker.com/list/t8v3q4
pcpartpicker.com/list/sgNPMZ
youtube.com/watch?v=tNH9FYgW8m4
guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do people get windows 10 for free? Just torrent?

Is there an advantage to just paying the $100? Does it update the same if you get it free?

You literally go download from the official microsoft site from media creation tool and install it

pcpartpicker.com/list/J33yvn
help me finish my project pls

Attached: 1406595666610.jpg (546x550, 51K)

Yeah but doesn't that require an activation key?

>download windows 7
>use kmspico or similar to "authenticate" it
>install windows 10
>get free licence

This + hwidgen

>Does it update the same if you get it free?
Yes

>ask Jow Forums about good price/performance cpu
>everyone tells me to buy ryzen
>enter battlestation thread (on /v/ and Jow Forums)
>intel i5's and i7's everywhere
>only a handfull ryzen owners

Why are you fuckers like this?!

Attached: 2cac71a0ae14fe345801e20202b379de-imagepng.png (185x273, 88K)

what the fuck is this artificial backorder for 2060 Super
how is it already out of stock

Hows my build looking Jow Forums? Gona keep using my old r9 fury until next month when aib 5700XT comes out. Spending about $1075 total so far including tax, Just need to buy the PSU left and im all set.
Kinda feel like i overspend on the motherboard since zen 2 doesn't overclock well. I can still return it and get something cheaper like the asus tuf gaming wifi /gigabye aorus pro wifi. Should I?

Attached: amdbuild.jpg (1188x623, 83K)

Not until after installation. You can even run unactivated. Only downside is a minor watermark in the lower right corner of the screen

you can get a windows 10 for like $5 or less on key sites, 100% legal too

maybe getting a bigger ssd and smaller hard drive would be a better idea, also you need a case

pcpartpicker.com/list/t8v3q4

rate
using mainly for photoshop and occasional gaming

Thoughts on buying directly from EVGA vs. retailer for a GPU?

or you can skip the windows 7 bit all together and just activate 10. windows 7 upgrades are locked to 10 pro. so you don't get the benefits of LTSC.

pcpartpicker.com/list/sgNPMZ
I need a good mobo for this build, does anyone have any suggestions?

Attached: 1385752392293.jpg (736x904, 287K)

The 3000 are backwards compatible. You could save some money with a non-570 motherboard as well as a non-Gold power supply, since the difference between Gold and Bronze is negligible.

Other than that, it looks good, I guess.

Jow Forums is busy "doing real work" like compressing archives in winrar, so they don't need the highest FPS game performance

alright I think I've finally got all my parts down, how is it?
goal is 1080 60fps ultra/high on current and next gen games, on a budget so it's all being bought used, hopefully manage a few years without major upgrades

also cheaping out on the RAM for now, will get Flare X CL14 eventually and add more storage

Attached: oooo2.png (849x559, 44K)

RX 5700 is the best perf/watt GPU, better than the 1660Ti.

They had some fine PCBs and components with their X470 boards but the BIOS still ruined them.

3600 is generally better than the 2700X.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/J33yvn
Get 1TB SU800 for $20 more.
Don't get blower 5700 XT it's loud. Just get the 5700, it uses less power.

It was supposed to come out the 12th. Got rushed out sooner to try and get sales from nvidiots before people realize the 5700/XT is massively better.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-10_18-50-46.png (2707x1427, 1.77M)

>check new card prices where I live
>5700: 380€, 5700XT - 440€
>2060S: 420€, 2070S - 530€

Memetracing tax is huge

Since gaming, consider a better monitor

i see people like yourself buying ryzen 3x000 with b450 boards etc.

how you gonna update the bios without cpu?

It'd be well worth spending the slightly more money to get 1TB SSD. 500GB fills up fast.
Also get a 75hz freesync monitor. You can get an ips, 4ms, for under $110

Bios flashback, some motherboards have it

>RX 5700 is the best perf/watt GPU, better than the 1660Ti.
No it isn't. Stop exaggerating, retard.

Attached: performance-per-watt_2560-1440.png (500x970, 50K)

that B450 board in particular has BIOS flashback, you can update the BIOS without a CPU
here's a list of all the motherboards that support it

Attached: 1562606330843.png (1139x5016, 745K)

You can run windows 10 without ever activating it. The only thing is there is a watermark but I believe it can be removed.
You also can't change the desktop wallpaper, but it can be circumvented by just right clicking an image and setting it as a wallpaper.

see

What is going to happen with the GTX 1650? It doesn't seem they're selling well at all compared to the RX 570, but it will be the best low profile GPU available so it's still useful in that category.

Is it just going to fade into obscurity or will Intel greatly reduce the prices in order to try to catch up? Is it a two year wait for their next low profile offering?

Attached: 1554687878954.jpg (882x885, 176K)

the market for low-profile gaming is really small, basically SFF builders trying to push the size limit. in most cases length will be the limiter, not height, so even in the SFF world "mini" models like the 1080 mini make more sense, they're more powerful after all.
half-height cards are mostly for literal boomers who need to upgrade the office PC's graphics.

>Get 1TB SU800 for $20 more.
>Don't get blower 5700 XT it's loud. Just get the 5700, it uses less power.
what mobo would you suggest

how do you replace motherboard fans? can you just buy a third party fan and replace it yourself? are mobo fans proprietary?

I'm clicking through a video on YouTube and I'm getting this shot. It's not happening on any any vids so far. Is it a sign of GPU failure?

Attached: IMG_20190710_202439004.jpg (3264x2448, 1.39M)

What's a good laptop for basic office (mostly text) and online time wasting, for say 500 eurobucks tops

Attached: IMG_20190710_201553922_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 2.01M)

I would say yes. What graphic card? Try running off integrated graphics if you have it

>nvidia powerup
Everyone else shows the 5700 above the 1660ti.

1650 never should have been released. It's a joke.
Wait for 7nm low profile cards, whether AMD or Nvidia.

The market is small because those shitty prebuilts without a 6 or 6+2 pin are going to bottleneck a decent GPU anyway, and PSUs aren't expensive while RX570s are cheap.
PCIe height isn't even that big, too, anyway. There's really no reason to have an even shorter height. You have cases like the Thermaltake G3, too.

idk. none of the x470/b450 seem to have the 1003 AGESA update yet. But B450 Tomahawk will be fine.

Get one that's the same size and plug it in.
You may need to splice the wires if it doesn't have the same connection, or the old one is soldered on.

its a 2070. so i just plug my monitor into my motherboard?

>But B450 Tomahawk will be fine.
even though MSI can't seem to be able to deliver?

>Have every part (3600+B450) except the GPU which delivers next week
>Also have an unopened GTX 950 lying around
Is it safe to plug in the 950 for now to set up the OS, bios, downloads, etc. while I wait for my actual GPU to come in? Forgive my retardation in advance

Attached: 1562021349812.jpg (920x960, 85K)

>Everyone else
No they don't, which is why you can't post benchmarks and instead talk out of your AMDildo stretched asshole

Yes, but you'd have to install drivers twice

prices are so fucked in kiwiland, i don't want to buy AMD but these prices are ridiculous

Attached: cucked.png (1921x323, 59K)

I just buy a $5 key off ebay
Never had any problems with it and have done it with like 5 different builds

I don't want the gubberment entering my intel cpus back door thing while i'm browsing the deep dark websites like Jow Forums and fapping to loli

heh *tips tinfoil hat* eat shit obama

>probably got banned for a week for spamming
>gets right back into the same dogshit spam as soon as they're unbanned
Why are you fuckers like this?!

Attached: 1560129111272.jpg (409x377, 18K)

Do we have any memory tests yet for the 3000 series Ryzens?

>bots buying out all 3900x stock the instant it's available on newegg
this should be made illegal

>the absolute state of x570
I'm just going to use my 3900x in my x470 Crosshair VII until manufactures figure out what the fuck is going on.

C'mon goy just buy one of my 10 3900x up on ebay for $800
They're all backordered but I got receipts to prove it

Why not just use it indefinitely? Unless you want pcie 4, there is very little reason to buy an X570.

thanks for the suggestion but my sisters laptop is doing it with that video as well. seems to be an issue with viewing it at 720p60fps

>$150 profit every time your bot buys a product for you off the internet

Attached: resellers.png (904x680, 180K)

>wanting to buy intel when it has 253 security vulns to AMD's 13 (minor and patched) ones
Stockholm syndrome, everyone.

He has a ton of tunnels and shit to use. There were times where he used multiple at the same time to try and pretend to be multiple people to the mods, even.

At least they used good components this time.

Does anyone have the VRM guide for x470 boards?

Holy fuck Ive been on this general for a week and every damn day it's the same bot reposts

Sounds cheap enough to pay to not go to jail huh?

Looking for a Z390 board with at least 5 fan headers, 3 SATA connections, and 3 front USB for my case, what's best?

Fanboys need not apply and tell me to switch to AMD, I already have a 9700k I won in a sweepstakes.

>month old CPU Apu, mobo, psu and ram
>been overclocking but all under safe voltages and temperatures, even bought a better cooler
>last week realized the iGpu doesn't work at stock settings anymore, """""i.e. it crashes under load, like games""""""
>needs either underclock or overvolt, and overclocking also is stable
What do?
Help
Help
This computer was bought to help me, not to give more cortisol and worries.

does good ram actually matter at all?
looking at just ddr4 3600 2x16gb sets, the cheapest is $140 and the most expensive is $286
3600 is already much faster than necessary without overclocking, so why not always buy the cheapest one?

Anyone have experience with the intel 660p m.2 drive?

Can you overclock the RTX 2060 Super enough to be a 2070?

It already is as good as a 2070 at stock

>$520 maple money for a 5700
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EXPLAIN HOW THIS TINY PIECE OF METAL IS WORTH 1/4TH THE COST OF MY MOTORCYCLE

Attached: 1547368152342.gif (480x360, 1.59M)

>why hasn't a 3 day old chip magically teleported into every child and neet's battlestation already?

Attached: dense.png (720x528, 438K)

according the the OP's flowchart, if my computer turns on and boots, I need a new PSU.

Yeah but it's still the spyware edition. You can't get LTSC legit without being a large corp.

>tfw when your local retailer doesn't go above msrp and reserves stock for local sale only

Attached: 1375747227949.jpg (640x480, 67K)

Wait
Does this mean I could make a gaming rig without a cpu entirely?

why is storeMi not popular? You can use it with your bootable SSD, or a different SSD. Basically you make your SSD act as cache for a larger HDD. So you could get a 4TB mechanical drive for about $100 these days. Combined with even a mediocre SSD like the Crucial MX500 500GB for $70.

Only if you find flashing your bios particularly engaging.

How can this be? Doesn't the Ryzen chip have (basically) 4 cores/8 threads? Why is a pure quad core beating it?

Attached: Zen3 vs i3.jpg (721x334, 63K)

Does /pcbg/ like Jay?

youtube.com/watch?v=tNH9FYgW8m4

I honestly think he has the best overall reviews of Zen2.

I have no idea what this means or how this works
I guess I'll buy a cpu lol

That's Zen+ and not Zen2. Also only 4c/4t.

get 2x8gb

Should I order parts now or wait until August?
I've been without a pc for 2 years now but everybody keeps telling me to wait...

Pls respond

no but I know it's QLC based and thus, REALLY shit if you have any intention of using it for anything write heavy.Fine if all you're doing is using it to load games on and read from.

sure, just be sure to uninstall the drivers for the gtx 950 before installing the new GPU, use DDU to uninstall the drivers when the time comes guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

because in practice it actually isn't all that useful

plus HDDs are obsolete.

If you push the flashback button a dumb microcontroller embedded in the chipset boots without or instead of the CPU, and the only thing it knows how to do is read a firmware file off a flash drive in a specific USB port and write it to the board's bios rom.

>Intel
Back to readdit

how is it not useful? HDD's are cheap. Get a THICC HDD, use a 500 to 1TB of SSD as cache, and now you have a 5TB fast game disk. All it does is swap the game from HDD into the SSD "cache" you made. Thus you have HDD cheap storage with SSD load times.

4TB consumer SATA based SSD's are still like $750.

No. He's a ignorant retard with a huge ego that doesn't match his knowledge

cause you kinda need a separate OS drive in case the storemi drive gets detached. Otherwise you have to use CLI for recovery.
It's good, but it doesn' fit budget builds as much when you need multiple drives.
Like the ideal use case for it is you have your 128-256gb boot drive, then you pair optane or a NVMe with a 4TB QLC SSD to make it faster and more reliable.

Ryzen 3600 or 9700k?

Ohhh
Now I get it
I don't get it

Attached: small-brain.jpg (400x500, 47K)

3700X

It's not a real question if one side is a complete joke

gigabyte boards have 4, just use a fan splitter

3700x is $600 where i live.

Hello and Welcome to Cuck Deals!

The prices of the new cards make me want to say fuck it and just get a 1660 ti and stick with 1080p.

>being australian

Attached: 1559455186849.gif (421x450, 392K)

It swaps the files you access the most often.

So all it does is save you the effort of moving the games you play the most to your SSD.

What I did when I still used a mixture of SSDs and HDDs was that I would figure out which games benefit the most from faster storage and put those on the faster drives.

Better end result than what StoreMI or an Optane drive would give you.

3600 is $520 in Canada
Don't forget shipping, handling, and jewing fees

2 different tiers, if you are gaming then get the 3600 and use the $170 difference in a better GPU

Well not necessarily about budget builds, but good performance ON a budget, or someone looking to speed up their already existing build. idk, just seems like an overlooked performance boost for what? The cost of a cheap SSD?