Xfce or Cinnamon?

Xfce or Cinnamon?

Attached: 1562816114086.jpg (474x552, 70K)

For me, it's MATE

desktop environments are garbage
grow up and just run a window manager and use cli tools whenever possible
its how god intended man to interact with our machine counterparts

cinnamon

Cinnamon offers thumbnail previews of windows in the taskbar, an expo to display all open windows and workspaces. XFCE does not.

Nemo is the best file manager out their in my opinion, 19.1 gave it a update to make it faster.

The only thing I do after installing Linux Mint is give it a more skemorphic theme instead of the ugly flat design.

Xfce
call me ramlet but a DE shouldn't consume more than 500MB ram

Both are fine, really.
If Nemo is your main draw to Cinnamon, you should try Peppermint. It's a mix of Xfce and Cinnamon with a bit of LXDE.

KDE > all

why

KDE

Golly gosh gee I sure do love not having wayland support in my desktop environment It's really fun to game on a machine that has a solid five year delay to my monitor.

Attached: 32b877ed4aa7778cc7d43ebb7d95a6f1.png (1228x1062, 435K)

If you don't like headache, xfce

>Wayland
Fuck off, devil.

Xfce with Compton

Cinammon is fine.
Budgie is fine.
Moksha is fine.
Xfce is fine.
MATE is fine.
LXDE is fine.
LXQt is based.
KDE is based.

Take the Qt pill today OP, and leave the GTKikes to rot in the dirt.

What about Lumina and Deepin?

Xfce is my preference. It's faster and has a better panel. But Cinnamon isn't too bad and it does have a few things better than Xfce, however it's based on GNOME and therefore uses way too many resources for a DE.

>thumbnail previews of windows in the taskbar
This is the job of your wm. If you use Compiz you can have this. Mint Xfce comes with xfwm and compiz.

Deepin is botnet.
Lumina is great on BSD, not so much on LiGnux.

>Deepin is botnet.
Why did Fedora include it then?
I doubt IBM wants to share their part of data with chinks.

They are all nice. Right now I'm using KDE. I was able to get it the way I want.

Imagine being this fucking ignorant.

Xfce is perfectly fine, but new stuff is simply better.
Well, even TDE does some stuff better and their shit is even more ancient.

no hate, honestly curious.

Attached: dorothy.gif (340x223, 1.99M)

i tried cinnamon and it broke when i updated some random ass python package as a part of a dependency chain

Xfce of course

Cinnamon installed on top of Ubuntu
That's just the average Linux experience, for everything, ever

Cinnamon is nice but XFCE is the ol'reliable. Has everything you'll probably need from a DE

>Cinnamon installed on top of Ubuntu
What's the point?

XFCE chads where you at?

Right here bro

I don't like the fact that Mint doesn't have a minimal install, and also Ubuntu is better supported I guess

my man...

Attached: myman.gif (638x320, 2.62M)

Konqi Desktop Environment

Attached: Konqi.png (600x600, 112K)

I chose to use xfce due to shit old computer. Not sure if I'll stick with it when I get new computer.

Gnome 3

>shit old computer
have you considered jwm?

Never heard of it looked it up, computer's 10 years old though so I don't think I need to go that drastic.

Based

You could always use TDE (fork of KDE3)

How about Gnome?

Gnome sucks.
Imagine desktop with no features that is still somehow bloated and tries to stop customization by removing things from itself.
Of course, you can still hack it to make something usable and get better CPU and even more RAM, but you're still be using horribly ineffective hog of a DE.

So I see you're running GNOME... You know, I'm actually on KDE myself, I know this desktop environment is supposed to be better, but, you know what they say, old habits, they die hard.

For desktop environments? KDE
For window managers? i3

was this the best line of writing in any tv show ever?