Is the world going to end on January 19 2038?

Is the world going to end on January 19 2038?

Attached: unixtime.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2862.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

since I, anonymous, am a computer the answer is yes.

>1562822310
>Still using 32-bit

No, but it's going to really suck for people with embedded medical devices that run on 32-bit chips.

No, but it'll loop back to 1901.

no.

Attached: 2012.gif (320x136, 892K)

>JavaScript in the background

This has been a non-issue on OpenBSD for over half a decade

It's going to end on October 16, 2019 at 4:03 EST.
>pic related

Attached: 1099319491_7_7_2019_optron.png (513x235, 21K)

The world already ended and we're living out the credits

What am I looking at here?

Hope so

>He doesn't know.

Attached: zoomed.png (1586x841, 69K)

A blur that vaguely resembles saturn and another blur?

My dad suggests that in the next 20 years shit will go so haywire that it will be a necessity for it to end

It's an object that was spotted wrapping around saturn increasing velocity and ejecting material that is currently on it's way to earth, that image shows it right after it finished wrapping around meaning the sizes are relatively close.

If you still can't understand it's some sort of object that is under control of something that is nearly the size of a planet.

Attached: zoomed2.png (1227x850, 54K)

I thought it's a blurry reddit logo

technology for nuking meteorites when?

The probability is greater than 0 so can't give you a definite "no" here.

It already ended on January 1, 2000.
You are in hell.

Just because a chip is 32 bit doesn't mean it can't have int64 types, they just require more instructions to use

is 'very very unlikely' a good enough answer

How long do embedded medical devices even work?

No, thanks to John Titor

Sauce? Also what does this even mean?

It means we're all going to die

Blob could be anything. I need more than that.

You need to forget that you know about it and move on, since there's nothing we can do about this fate. Unlike sci-fi movies suggest, we have literally no means of defending ourselves from an asteroid impact.

Gotta live on the fullest till the very end.

That's not what Armageddon taught me.

We don't even have shuttles anymore.

Y2K was a thing and know what happened? My computer simply displayed the wrong date and everything still operated as normal. Consider it a propaganda piece for the industry.

>Tries to perpetuate a lie in order for people to believe in it and manifest it.

Bull shit.

I wish the world had ended in 2012

Bullshit what? The statistically undeniable fact that we're gonna get hit by something big eventually or the technologically undeniable fact that we do not possess means of defending ourselves. (we do possess the technology to build something we could try with but by the time we'll know it's coming, it'll be too late to build it)

You're a pessimist and I genuinely believe in mankind's ability to act when their survival matters the most. Fact of the matter is that if some loner could see something coming to earth, the countless space monitoring agencies out there would have done informed their governments of such an event and preparations would be made in advanced to defend ourselves.

I'm not a pessimist, even with all we have looking at the sky, it's very difficult to notice something of the size of an asteroid, even more so if it's heading straight at us. We have the ability to act, but we don't have the ability to bend laws of physics. Building something of this scale that has any chance to work requires time, a resource we simply may not have at hand.

I find funny how they specifically used a Macintosh for this picture, when the date limit on old Macs running System 1 to Mac OS 9.2.2 is completely different.
>The 68k Macintosh will be able to count seconds until 6:28 a.m. on February 6, 2040. Better yet, every Power Macintosh ever built, since they use an even larger number, can count the seconds from time zero until sometime in A.D.29,940.
However, even the Mac isn’t quite perfect. In older versions of the Mac OS, theDate & Time control panelonly lets you set dates from 1/1/1920 through 12/31/2019.
macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2862.0

Do you think when you're old anyone, including you, are even gonna be aware of what software is running on the life support systems you're gonna be put on?

Yeah, but your home computer displaying the wrong date and your bank’s computer calculation interest based on the wrong date are two entirely different things.

>but we don't have the ability to bend laws of physics
Heh, you'd be surprised that there are natural laws that would allow such things to occur.

Didn't affect me or anyone I knew.

goys the wold is ending please believe my bullshit

Attached: file.png (466x446, 15K)

>asteroid impact.
pls be soon
I am so so tired of wage slaving

That's pretty much the gist of this thread considering the replys that came up.

Attached: Asteroid for Israel.gif (318x212, 507K)

Also, Usury isn't a good thing and personally, they should have never bailed out the banks and instead bailed out american families with mortgages and loans given to them by the banks.

>javascript say so it must be true
op go to hell

Source on the news?

Where did these images come from? This is interesting but I have no choice but to assume it's bullshit if you can't provide the source of it.

All I'm saying is that 32-bit CPUs are not the problem, it's shit software using 32-bit types instead of 64-bit types for timestamps that is the problem. 64-bit types compile just fine for 32-bit CPUs, it's just less efficient

Yeah yeah that's fun and all, but where is the source?

That's actually a pic of his asshole.

yes. and well meet the day after