Is photoshop still the big dog...

Is photoshop still the big dog? Should I continue using my version from 2012 and risk getting sued or should I move to some alternatives? If so, which?

Attached: 1200px-Adobe_Photoshop_CC_icon.svg.png (1200x1170, 12K)

Photoshop is malware and only works on malicious operating systems.

I would suggest some colored pencils and a pad of paper. It won't beg you for cloud subscription and doesn't have any problem drawing circles.

the newer ones have some nice features but you're not really missing out on anything dramatic

Install Krita

Attached: 70B97451-791B-4691-AD93-0E20EB28832A.png (1000x750, 478K)

Attached: CopyQ.lpMDxA.png (1680x1012, 267K)

Yeah I have the latest Photoshop because I consider CC to be cheap enough that I don't care, but it's really not that different from CS6. I wanna say Perspective Warp is a new feature but I can't recall off-hand.

You have nothing to worry about in terms of lawsuits unless you're a fortune 500 company or somehow somebody finds out what program you're using and snitches on you to the Adobe gestapo

Give the Affinity trial a try.

Personally I couldn't get into the UI and workflow, but if you can it is a great, more affordable alternative to the subscription photoshop bs.

>or should I move to some alternatives?
It really depends on what you're doing.
For all we know you're using it to only crop images.
Krita is pretty good for painting.
Lots of people swear by PaintTool SAI for painting as well.
GIMP and paint.net are free if you only need to do simple image manipulation.
Lots of other shit for specific niches.

I make posters, logos, photo edits, infocharts, simple drawings and mockups, don't get paid for any of this though. Also I never felt like I miss out on features with the newer versions, so I think if there would be an all general software with toolset similar to what 2012 CS6 has to offer, I would have no problem with switching.

As somebody who does this kind of shit, you don't want to use GIMP or paint.net. They are not good enough. As implied by their names, paint.net is just souped up paint and GIMP is just a gimped clone of Photoshop.

Krita is good for painting as the other guy mentioned, but not good for text stuff that you probably do.

Try out Affinity Photo. I hear good things about that, but I've never used it myself.

Photoshop CC vs CS6 will make no difference for what you're doing.

I started using Krtia, no complaints. Its not a PS replacement if you're actually making use of the full toolset in PS, but for drawing and basic image manipulation/editing Krita does just fine. Workflow and UI are drastically better than GIMP.

CS3 is comfy and has soul

people that do get paid for these sorts of things don't give a shit about pirating it either. had a professor who admitted he did some Superbowl ad professional work with pirated Adobe. now he's chasing government contracts because that's where the money is.

I tried the trial for Affinity Photo and it was able to match exactly what I wanted from a PS competitor. I'll likely buy a license soonish so I'm not forced to use Adobe crap.

just like kde is drastically better than gnome

That's because KDE was created to be a good tool and Gnome was created because of licensing autism.

>Try Krita. Its not a GIMP replacement if you're actually making use of the full toolset in GIMP, but for drawing and basic image manipulation/editing Krita does just fine. Workflow and UI are drastically better than tuxpaint.

Based

Attached: bluefish smug.png (1154x1122, 238K)

Based. And epic. Rise up.

Even then that doesn’t excuse how bad it is or even really matter. Gnome 2 was actually rather nice.
The best way to use Gnome is to use MATE

Fair enough. I've never used gnome or mate extensively. I was always a KDE man myself.

Attached: 151209_2951659_Old_Habits[1].jpg (1340x754, 94K)

Using a paint program for your image editor because it has file picker icons.

I wanna start using Adobe shit (Photoshop and Illustrator specifically) on a VM just to not have to get out of my leenoox but I still don't know which OS would be better for that.
I want something that wouldn't take a lot of space so I was thinking about using Windows 7, but I fear it wouldn't run CC that well. Any thoughts about which OS should I use?

hold up you can have file picker icons in qt
HOW???

If you want a newer version of PS, just get CCMaker v1.3.6 and download Photoshop 19.1.8 (this is CC 2018, do not download version 20.x.x as that is CC 2019 and the crack doesn't work), it gets you the setup, installs itself and auto applies AMTEmu crack. Easy, painless, works flawlessly.

It still is for businesses that are retarded, yes.

Affinity Photo is a very strong alternative and I think it's like $30 one off fee. It's on iPad too, same as desktop app just less powerful due to iPad being less powerful than a full blown i7-9th gen/2080/32gb desktop but it's literally just a port with all the functions.

The thing about being sued is that it only applies to larger companies - individuals are immune