Attached: dunked.png (1145x1066, 442K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palemoon.org/faq.shtml#My_antivirus_software_complains
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lmao get destroyed furry moon retards

>pretends to be the botnet alternative
>is literally a full blown blatant botnet

what happened?

pale moon was shipping with literal malware for 2 years. dev scrambling to control the narrative. unclear if it was hackers or a greedy dev. either way the browser is now a meme forever

no way the people acting like assholes to any other opensource project where in reality niggers in disguise?

But I thought open source was more secure because neckbeards could look at the code for that kind of things

Why the racism?

reminder open source is only safe if you audit the code and compile it yourself

>Lying by omission

Not it was shipping with malware, the regular pale moon releases are perfectly clean and safe
It was only the archive server with old windows only releases that was infected

Just shows that there is no escape from the botnet.

drown in cum, nigger faggot

all 7 pale moon users have their eyes fixated on the source but unfortunately the devs told them to turn off their virus scanners to avoid false positives and the virus was in the installer not the browser

all of the retards shilling pale moon on Jow Forums were mining for the botnet the whole time
absolute based. absolutely based.

most people in the world are racist
Non racists have always been the minority.

it's more fun btfoing pale moon losers compared to brave shills because brave doesn't even pretend it's not a botnet

>only the archive was affected
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

Attached: honk_honk.png (262x384, 125K)

>implying Jow Forums can even read code

>the only versions infected are from the downgrade archive

Attached: 1282366764398.jpg (248x252, 11K)

>undiscovered root access for 1.5 years is nothing
shoo

truly epic

based retards

ok yea it's fine then lmao

They put the malware on the archive for older versions, which no one ever audits

There are FOUR THREADS about this shitty browser that nobody uses.
Make more, I like to laugh at furrytards.

In most cases it is, the but the guy who runs the project is a complete tool who has no idea what he's doing. I wouldn't trust my browser security to someone like that.

imagine trusting the most vulnerable, complicated, and important piece of software you use to a literal autist retard

There's as many threads as there are pale meme users.

So THIS is the power of an open-source non-mainstream browser.
Woah

You do know this dates back to December 2017 and versions before that right ?
>Sorry you are a LARPing retard.

Attached: images(5).jpg (419x238, 9K)

How many people has this even affected then?

palememe drones in damage control

Attached: images(2).jpg (554x554, 31K)

the first infected version that they know about dates to 2017 and it has remained undiscovered until now

pale moon has 7 users and I think 1 was using the archives, so I think it probably affected him but I don't know what version he's on nowadays

Barely anyone uses Palemoon, and I doubt even less people intentionally downgrades to an older version after installing the latest one. It was extremely retarded of them to not notice that their archive was compromised for 2 fucking years, but this is mostly a non issue.

Of course seeing how comically incompetent the devs are I wouldn't be surprised if the newer versions are also infected and they haven't realized

the biggest problem is that it shows the devs don't know what they're doing. anybody who trusts them at this point deserves what they get.

I dont give a fuck tbqh, life is hard enough anyway.
I've been using furry meme browser since firefox 24.
After checking that has been 6 years.
Are there any better alternatives at this point?

So what's a good Firefox branch that is compatible with """""legacy""""" addons and isn't run by an absolute ratards?

>Are there any better alternatives at this point?
Yes, ungoogled chromium or iridium

doesn't exist 2bh. legacy firefox is a pipe dream. they're all falling apart in different ways.

Guess I'll be stuck with Firefox 56.0.2 forever then

grow the fuck up and install FF68

that browser has like 1000 known exploits by now btw

this, not to mention the zero days and that 17 year old exploit that literally just got patched in 68

>Only files on the archive server were infected

I mean, this IS a horrendous oversight on the dev team part, and they really should reconsider their life choices, but was anyone even affected by this?

But WebEx and limited customisation for power users suck ass.I might as well just use Chromium at this point

Seriously fuck Mozilla

See

retard logic
>I can't have 2 scoops of ice cream so I'm just gonna eat this pile of shit

I feel ya, I've been using Chromium lately more and more. You can pretty much turn off all the goolag shit, and the remaining callbacks can be blocked in the hosts file.

Basically open source is now concretely proven to be a meme
Install openbsd

Waterfox. I read that the dev is working woth Thunderbird's devs to make legacy add-ons work in newer versions of Gecko.

palemoon.org/faq.shtml#My_antivirus_software_complains

>My antivirus software complains that Pale Moon is a trojan, keylogger, PUP, PUA

>Some Antivirus software is a little too paranoid in their scanning for potentially dangerous programs. It seems scanning with what is called "heuristics" is still something extremely difficult for antivirus suites to implement properly, and as a result, some AV scanners are rather paranoid whenever a complex piece of optimized software is encountered, especially if it interacts with multiple other programs and the Internet (like the plugin container does). Pale Moon has been scanned by several leading and independent software distributors and found to be 100% clean and safe.

>If your anti-malware package keeps complaining and your system is otherwise clean, please report it to your security software vendor as a false positive. Reporting it to the browser author serves no purpose as it's the malware detector's scanning engine that needs fixing.

I don't get it. Why use the racist frog against pale moon?

Yeah, this is the one of the powers of open-source, a tiny part of what is ripping of open-source from the inside.

Attached: 1562576744048.png (1275x161, 29K)

And most people in the world are third worlders. That doesn't make it a valid excuse for racism.
Why the racism?

cringe

>users pretend to care about privacy
>2 years installing without checking the hashes

In reality, I think that it really affected only the autists using Windows XP and below.

absolutely based

retard

retard

the devs totally hid the trojan themselves. that was back when hidden bitcoin miners were really popular too.

It’s so crazy it just might be true

I mean the devs have the information about how many people were downloading it from that server but they're trying to control the narrative and play the blame game right now

Yes, yes it certainly was infected on archive server by evil hackers, no way it actually shipped like that, goyi... I mean dear users.

Attached: j.jpg (600x600, 42K)

he's spinning on their forums that it was "never their focus" and deleting anybody bringing it up

you have to go back

based pale moon devs mining the shit out of autists