Cognition improvement general

Cognition improvement general

What technology do you use to boost your brains?

Attached: nootropics.png (1170x827, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!niARSQrY!HEU7voEu08hYC5tE480UCA
youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vibrating dildo up in the butt?

Stop taking drugs you don't need

what is drugs?

Programming socks and sissy BBC training

Reminder nootropics are fucking dumb. Exercise and drink water, read a book... Woah so fucking hard. ARISTOTLE TOOK PIRACETAM I BET

had a nice weekend with a shitload of mdma. my face is still a little numb. boy was i smart for 48 hrs...

Literally kill yourselves

I bought a bottle of pills last year.
It didn't change much since I don't remember the name.

Just eat properly and maybe some ginseng and ginger on the side. But don't count on external stuff to better yourself. Only you can do it.
The rest is placebo.

anyone tried doing Dual-N-Back exercises for some time?

Attached: brainworkshop_2019-07-11_18-10-57.png (912x684, 25K)

i thought it was settled
adderall

I stopped fapping and talking to girls
My alpha male energy now grows brain cells

pic related

Attached: 600885d8-a586-4f39-aa8f-aaf7b2ef781c-m.jpg (400x244, 24K)

I was looking at the Halo Sport 2 to learn guitar faster but it just seems like a fake gimmick.

I've done some online research into nootropics, but they mostly do nothing. Meth and ADD drugs can help someone focus for a while, but it doesn't increase intelligence.
Here are some things that can have an impact:
*sunlight
*fresh air
*cool room
*ketogenic diet
*exercise
*nutrients (e.g. organ meat, fish)
For supplements, the ones that are healthy are the things already in meat/fish: DHA/DPA, creatine, and taurine. (besides the usual stuff like magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B/D/K)

>Did research
>Recommends keto
What an idiot

>hasn't done research
>spouts bullshit
how unexpected

Eat another steak fatass

[citation needed]
especially for sunlight and ketogenic diet

He's wrong about keto, but sunlight matters. People who live in the north understand this. You go weeks without the sun, and it hurts. It hurts bad.

I'm not even overweight, and I don't eat steak.

>citation needed
nobody who says this actually wants to consider another viewpoint. try getting more sun and see how you feel. if you want research, go websearch for it yourself. (pubmed is a good start)

I'm not wrong about keto, because I said "things that *can* have an impact", not "*will* have". It depends on the person. For some, it can turn their life around, others will notice a small difference, and for yet again others it won't matter. It can have the biggest impact on epileptic people and truly autistic people (not just Jow Forums autism).

It's just another fad diet. Post your citations and it's going to be rat studies and terms like 'potential' 'believed'.

4mg nicotine gum 5-6 times a day, wouldn't recommend it though because the withdrawals are a bit of a bitch at this level. The box says not to chew more than 20 pieces a day though so it could be worse.

>people have eaten meat and fish for millions of years
>last few thousand years we're eating grains
>not eating grains is a fad!!11!!1!
search pubmed yourself, lazy ass

You realize more than grains contain carbohydrates right? I guess THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON KETO.

>I don't eat steak
Fad autistic dieter detected
>nobody who says this actually wants to consider another viewpoint
You mean when people want you to back up your bullshit assertions you are unable to do so and instead shift blame to the other person
>keto
Holy shit you're retarded.
Your entire post just screams: I'm a pretentious and arrogant faggot

yes but not at the level that grains do, which is the point of reducing them.

there's a huge difference between eating fruit in season, meat the rest of the year, and often going multiple days without food compared to eating carbs and fat every single day since birth, multiple times a day, with snacks and whatnot while never leaving a chair.

grow up

>What technology do you use to boost your brains?
Emacs org mode

>Reduction means ketogenic
God damn you ketoboys are retarded
Same for you retard. Your arguments make no sense. Fruit? Vegetables contain carbs too. And now your going to drag in sedentary lifestyle lmao. I agree with everything the initial post listed but keto.

vegetables don't really matter from a carb/keto perspective. and yes, excess carbs are more harmful if there's less physical activity.
once again, in my initial post, notice how I said "can" rather than "will".
people always act way too definitely when talking about keto. you can try keto for a month or two and see if it helps you. if it doesn't and carbs are easier/cheaper for you, then just go back. you don't have to decide for life...

It's just a fad and useless to include. Why list keto if it 'can' opposed to any other diet? Surly low carb or anti-inflammatory would make more sense for more people so why not those?

if you reduce carb intake low enough then you enter ketosis (point of keto diet)
no idea why you are so mad

Holy fuck just drink coffee for fuck sake. Eat healthy and get some goddamn exercise. I pref rock climbing.

Get yourself some audio books or some shit to listen to while you fold clothes or do dishes. Learn some stuff while you do chores. I suggest "Never Split the Difference" on Audible.

That's all the fuck there is to it. Lead a healthy lifestyle, educate your pea brain, and try thinking for your goddamn self once in a while.

Wow thanks for telling me what ketosis is and how that entering it increases cognitive performance you're so stoic and smart

Nootropics are bullshit and a placebo to part you from your money, but stimulants (ritalin, adderall, meth, cocaine) do actually work.

Literally just exercise. Jog/run a mile a day. That's all your body needs to boost your brain. The whole reason the brain is slowed down in modern humanity is because blood isn't being pumped properly into the brain. Nutrients aren't being absorbed into the bloodstream. And people aren't getting enough sunlight.

a proper ketogenic diet is anti-inflammatory (e.g. look up PKD Hungary), and yeah low-carb can help as well. not sure how that makes keto useless.
getting rid of processed crap is good in almost any diet, so I could've also said that, but I assume most people know that already. (it's just often harder not to eat candy if you're eating carbs already)

>The whole reason the brain is slowed down in modern humanity is because blood isn't being pumped properly into the brain
kek, physical activity is great, but that's not the reason.

>Jow Forums - Technology
sage

I exercise, get ample sunlight, eat a keto-esque non inflamatory diet, take various supplements including CDB, creatine, and lionsmane, microdose psilocybin, occasional cigarette, and sleep well.

Lower class nerds ITT

brain is technology

>CBD
ah the fads continue

nah bro, he's on the next level. injecting dat dere CDB.

mega.nz/#F!niARSQrY!HEU7voEu08hYC5tE480UCA

^Its a collection of studies and research conducted on nearly every nootropic substance you may encounter.

Personally, I have found nootropics to be quite beneficial. Adrafinil, noopept and L-theanine. Magnesium L Threonate for the memory and Broccoli sprouts for the health.

This nice 45-minute long video which summarizes dozens of studies on the broccoli and analyzes the various benefits.

youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg

>keto

Attached: eat shit.jpg (400x505, 133K)

I do my stretches, drink a glass of milk and go to bed. I make sure to get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. I don't smoke, but occasionally drink. Last time I got checked the doctor said I was in top shape. I'm a person who tries to live a very quiet life. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

yes yes people are turning into dark elves

I do all of this and get so bored I have to buy alcohol, weed or amphetamines to stop myself from killing myself. Will nootropics work then? I just don't want to fuck my mind/liver.

Computational math

do interesting work, hobby, sport, life, whatever.

I have no problem staying focused when programming. Focusing isn't the issue. I have lots of hobbies out of trying to battle the boredom, but after a few days without any drugs I just get really bored to the point I want to kill myself. I also get really loopy and have random outbursts of rage. No idea what's wrong with me. Isn't there some kind of drug like speed that I can use every day but won't fuck my heart/liver/mind in the process?

>I have to buy recreational drugs
user. You must resist this. Find something interesting to do. If you don't have anything right now you should go explore. Look if anything is happening locally. It doesn't matter if you will enjoy the subject matter if you're not a regular. Just having a change of pace is good.
Take up dancing maybe. It's a top tier activity and has entertained humanity for millennia. You'll also find that people who do 'real' dancing (not just movement to edm music) tend to be top tier people.

Maybe contact a medical professional? It seems like an issue that'd be documented.

one sudoku in the morning is enough to wake up and have your brain on peak performance
anything else is a meme

>Go to a psychiatrist lol
I just want drugs because I know they work. I have 23 holes in my walls from random outbursts of anger, so it is a serious problem, and requires drugs.

that sounds like depressive anhedonia (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia) and other mental fucked upness.
the brain self-adjusts to drugs, so they only work a few times, but have the opposite effect when used often.
I'd recommend seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I know from experience they're all retarded as fuck and can only help with trivial shit.
try putting in work to find something that actually matters to you, that you find interesting, and that gives your life purpose. that's what men need, purpose. but good luck finding that.

No its:
*Vitamin D unless you need sunlight for mental health
*Fresh air (Get an air purifier or Chineese evergreens)
*Macro-attaining, sub-caloric diet. Eat plenty of Omega-3 Fats, Low GI Complex carbs and High GI simple carbs, Animal protein

Supplements: Drink a full serving of Casein before you go to sleep for a heavy and slow releasing amount of amino-acids your brain needs. Take caffine pills not coffee because its really acidic. Omega 3 peanut butter.

>a large variety of drugs I've tried help reduce these anger problems
When you have problems that appear when you don't take drugs those are often called withdrawal symptoms. If can be any number of things but behavioral changes are common. Taking the drugs solves the withdrawal symptoms. That doesn't mean they're not the source of the problem.
>I don't need conventional solutions to my problem
Maybe you don't. I obviously can't say that it will help you. But you're concerned about the effects the drugs have on you. To me it sounds like an alternative to taking them makes more sense.

The way you've phrased this sounds like addiction. It _REQUIRES_ drugs. No other solution is feasible. At that point why even bring it up? The long term issues can't be the only reason.
Consider if you're addicted and are constantly running into withdrawal symptoms because of your very strong will to live healthily.

nootropics are pseudo garbage that don't actually do anything except make the supplement industry money

exercise and healthy diet are the only thing that will improve iq(only slightly)

Attached: [ENG SUB] 여자친구 멤버들 촬영 중 너무 웃겨서 울어버렸다!ㅋㅋ _ (870x1080, 1.84M)

Modafinil is legit, rest are memes. Next question

books

Also for everyone going "hurr you don't need them", the fact they help and you're just mad and jealous aside, I have insomnia and it makes me functional on days following particularly shit sleep

Sunlight is important. Being a Scandinavian that's obvious. The only reason the vikings managed was because of tradition of drinking fish-liver oil. Rich in vitamin D (you store it in fat).
They'd all have rickets otherwise. Being a reasonably fighting force is just so far from that level of malnutrition.
If we now move indoors the way we have its about as bad.

smoking meth while vibing to insane clown posse

you don't think mental health impacts cognitive functioning?
n-3 fats are mostly necessary to offset n-6 fats. humans should only eat low amounts of polyunsaturated fat.
the brain doesn't need slow releasing amino-acids during sleep at all. getting protein from meat fulfills all requirements. it looks like eating protein too often can even impair brain function. athletes and bodybuilders take casein before bed to stimulate MPS and gain a little more muscle. it's not a health thing.

Just sit back and think about all the things that make you go
>Really makes you think

Attached: BorbThonk.jpg (627x539, 104K)

>Diet
>Jow Forums
>Modafinil

using modafinil as a bandaid for insomnia doesn't make it a good drug. clearly the best solution is curing the insomnia. (yes, I know how difficult that can be)

why are carbheads so angry all the time

start with a good schedule that includes adequate sleep, exercise, and a healthy diet. the combination of those 3 things will have amazing results.

>Take up dancing
Most faggot advice I've ever heard

cocaine

it worked for sigmund freud

he was a seriously mentally ill kike

You're fucked don't do drugs

Having a gf
I literally cannot focus on my work with all these fresh out of college chicks running around reminding me how much of a fucking loser I am

That's the most sub-human response I've heard.

You sound fat

thats just hormones and i guess the solution is trying to get with some broad but they're too fucking annoying to put up with for long enough to bang, to be honest

What the fuck is Modafinil and why do so many people I know use it?
>inb4 look it up

I just want real experiences

I take caffeine and sugar when my eyes get heavy. When I want to close my eyes I take alcohol and nicotine. The effects are fairly well documented, and much more reliable than choline supplements or antidepressants.

There's a great deal of research on the importance of circadian rhythms and UV light for maintaining wakefulness.

Eating a bunch of antioxidants might reduce your cancer risk, but it's not reversing your biological clock.

I love moving to edm

>Meditation is number one. It gives me a hyper focus.

Exercise

Suntheaine and caffeine, noopept for day.
Bacopa and melatoin at night.

my circadian rhythm is pretty fucked up. Keep pushing it back an hour almost on daily basis.

Nothing. I don't believe in placebos.

So, can you focus quickly ?

>criteria nr.2, safeguards brain against physical injury
so can take drugs instead of wearing a helmet? How convenient

Supposilly every substance that changes the normal metabolism so basically most stuff in our nowadays

If you mean in the long term and "long future" too much stuff to try to guess or say, in the short future nn that code and automated integration and in biohacking i guess memory and interface with systems using brain computer interface

For me, it's Red Bull or coffee.

Some simple tips that have worked for me:
- Consistent 7-8 hrs sleep. Don't go over 9 hrs, it will ruin your day.
- Find your ideal waking time, mine is 8 AM.
- Two cups of coffee a day max, 6pm as late I will drink. Drink water.
- Have nutritious meals, avoid carb bombs that spike your insulin and make you sleepy (specially if you're a fatty).
- Take a walk by mid-day to refocus out your mind
- Avoid traffic, it's mind numbing and drains your energy. By 6PM I mostly go to take a walk in the park, finish some business and leave by 8PM when traffic has mostly cleared out. Even better would be to bike to work, but I live too far away.

Attached: 022.png (723x666, 163K)

For me, it's:
>green tea + lemon juice
>300mg nicotinamide riboside (sold by tru niagen)
>~1g resveratrol
>vitamin d3 + k2
>sunscreen
>exercise

also, diet wise, just avoiding any processed foods are a good start.

Creatine. It just werks!

Try it. Right before you sleep. If you're dreaming insanely "bright" or vivid and it plays faster then you're welcome because it's working. Just try it.

seconding creatine

Sleep, diet, exercise.

I place my deadline two weeks before the actual deadline and drink myself into oblivion and forgot I set the deadline. fast forward a few week and my 'deadline' is coming up, the adrenaline helps me focus and pull an all nighter.

I have done it, when I was working out. If anything, it made me sleep worse because my stomach would be busy processing, making me fall asleep later. I didn't dream differently, and even if I did, I don't think that's necessarily a good thing.

I just start working on projects and exercises right away and plan to finish them a day or two before the actual deadline. It's probably less efficient than crunching at the last minute, but I can't sleep at morning when I'm stressed out.
As for improvements in cognition, I use visualize things in my mind and use a pocket notebook and loose sheets of note taking paper as extended working memory. Writing by hand leaves a stronger trace in memory than typing does.
I avoid carbohydrates and prefer (loose) tea over coffee when not having breakfast, because fast-acting energy sources and stimulants cause a decline in performance after a period of hyperactivity. Eat properly every day and avoid junk food and soda. It helps to live in a country with cheap and balanced student meals.
5 km or an hour of walking a day at minimum. My head starts aching when I've skipped exercise.