Now that the dust has settled

What Zen 2 CPU should we go for for gayming?

Attached: AMD-Zen-2.jpg (600x337, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818
twitter.com/AnonBabble

3600X, 3700X

I'll go with a 3600X because that's all my cheap ass B350 can handle.

Fuck you, wannabe faggot. I was supporting amd since FX-8350 while you dropped $3k worth of two generations of Intel chips. Go back to your 150+ baked in vulnerabilities faggot. We don't want you.

fpbp

3600 is already overkill, go with that.

wait, you're saying my x370 can actually handle the 3600?
hmm

depends on the x370

Yeah but the X variant clocks higher.
I mainly play gaymes that rely on single-core performance, I don't play AAA garbage

probably not then
got the first mini itx board that was released here
biostar x370gtn

Yes goy, you gotta keep your loyalty to the (((superior brand)))

2600 once prices drop. Anything above it is overkill for 1080p.

Thank you for your service by keeping AMD alive for this day.

I have x370 killer sli is it good enough?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Looks like they'll both handle the 3700x at it's max boost power consumption. The 3800x and up will run, but will probably have their clocks limited by the board's power delivery.

The TDP of a chip is the power consumption at base clock. Intel has fucked with this by having a "base clock" of like 3.2 GHz, and an "all core boost" of like 4.7 GHz, which brings the real power consumption under load to twice the TDP.

>The TDP of a chip is the power consumption at base clock.
No its not. TDP is the requirement that a cooler must meet to cool the chip under load at stock. A processor never stays at its base clocks under load. It has literally nothing to do with any one specific pstate. It is a blanket requirement for that chip period.

I just bought a 3900x and I get great frames but I keep getting stuttering like every 30 seconds or so and I tried the fix with Prio but it is still there.

2700 * 2.675675675675676 will give you the answer

The only realistical answer in this thread: wait before playstation 5 (gaming console) is released and then build your game machine with at least same specs or better.

>inb4 why
Massive majority of AAA titles are developed and "optimised" for consoles and then their fucked up ports are sold to PC as well. If your PC is better in every single aspect than peasant station 5, your gaming experience will be superb for the next 10 years minimum.

>inb4 thats too long wait for ps5
Stop being impulsive hardware hoarder, save your money and wait. I bet you cant even name three games you want to play right now but cant because they run like shit on your current hardware.

Attached: 1562791091704.jpg (278x963, 46K)

2300X

yes, unless you want 20 avg FPS more with a 2080ti for some reason

>for the next 10 years
consoles have a mid cycle too now you're retarded

op just buy next time hardware has a paradigm shift like with pascel and zen or buy now

>TDP is the requirement that a cooler must meet to cool the chip under load at stock. A processor never stays at its base clocks under load.
It doesn't stay at its base clock if it can afford not to. If it gets too hot it will slow down and use less power. I'm pretty sure that as far as Intel is concerned if your 9900K is reaching at least 3.6GHz under load, then its cooling requirements are met. Of course, the CPU will run at TJmax all the time but as long as it's not forced to throttle below its base clock then it is still within normal operating parameters. Yes, if you throw shitloads of cooling at it then the CPU will boost much higher, perform much better and use a lot more power, but that's all above "base" and not what the TDP is rated for AFAIK. You're not going to keep a 9900K at 4.7GHz all-core boost with a cooler which can only handle 95W.

>mid cycle
Irrelevant. All games released after ps4 "pro edition" still have to run on older versions. If there is a single thing which holds down technical aspect of videogames, its always the outdated console hardware.

On bright side it means you can buy PC only once per a decade and save shitton of money that way and still have superior gaming experience.

Also never buy very fresh hardware. You dont want to end up as EVGA 1000 gpu series where they forgot to put coolers on VRAM which in extreme causes made the gpu literally explode. Wait for actual reviews, updated drivers and bug fixes. Also price drop.

Attached: 1561512490257.jpg (700x1050, 81K)

>10xx gpu
>price drop
my 1070 I bought a few months after launch doubled in price in half a year

>Stop being impulsive hardware hoarder, save your money and wait
Funny coming from somebody wanting to build his rig around upcoming garbage AAA titles

Yeah, that crypto bubble was as random as the tsunami in HDD factories. My point is dont buy new shit just because its new. Thats retarded. Buy stuff after you have actual use for it.

Then the TDP of ryzen is 20W. Sure, it will throttle down to 800 MHz under load, but that's all the cooling that's technically required.

Do you think you can't have an actual use for something if it's new? Granted, you probably shouldn't ever be a first-wave preorder retard, but a month or 2 after something launches you should be able to have a pretty good idea about how well it works and whether it has any unpleasant quirks or issues.

yes, retard.
you can run a 3900X on any X370 most likely. but I wouldn't go past 3800X

This makes no sense, if it could handle 8c 14/12nm CPUs then it can handle 8c 7nm CPUs even easier.

This. 8c Zen 2 has power consumption of a 6c Zen+ so there's no reason to limit oneself like that.

You can, but given we are on /g i bet its full of people with mediocre or little savings with core i5 or i7 machines barely 2 years old and they are all hyped about getting new ryzen so now they can watch six or eight 4K upscaled animes at the same time instead of mere 4.

Dont be mindless consumer /g!

3800X 8 core is best price performance and easy to overclock.

3900X is useful but personally I'd wait until next month or so and pick up the 16 core 3950X golden silicon instead, which is a full am4 Zen2 package.

>buying inferior products because of "muh brand loyalty"
I bought Intel because they were better. Now I am buying AMD because they are better.

>80 vulnerabilities
>better

Was rocking phenom II all the time.