Boosting wi-fi signal

i need to extend my wi-fi range to about 200-300m with some trees on the way. would a yagi antenna with some basic 4g router be enough or do i need to buy a router with more output signal power?

Attached: yagi.jpg (640x640, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-nj_BwoBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what kind of down/up speeds can you get on this thing?

ETHERNET YOU GODDAMN MORON DAMMIT WHEN WILL YOU RETARDS LEARN

so he's just expected to buy 300m of ethernet cable??

Yeah

A 1000 foot pull box is like 100$, probably less than that antenna.

imagine the current

yagis are like 20-30 bucks on ali

You've never actually used an ethernet cable at this length, have you?

tell me, how much crack cocaine do you do on a regular basis?

get pole tall enough to have line of sight fuck trees idiot get big pole

I can guarantee you 300m CAT7 + repeaters will have much better results and cost way less than that or any other antenna that can transmit wifi over 300m.

Not even close. The ethernet range-extenders would have to be powered (otherwise you just burn-out the modem/router), which adds another set of issues. and those are much more expensive. Even POE extenders cost more than Wi-Fi repeaters.

>having to spend less but wait 2 months for delivery of chink wire
Brilliant logic there, young buck

>daisy chaining repeaters over 300m
What the actual fuck is wrong with this board.
That aside just get a cheap ethernet to coax adaptor pair. You can easily get 400m on those without big issues.

>300m cable run outdoors
>$100

Attached: tenor.gif (300x168, 829K)

*sips* coax, now those were cables

Attached: 1553673093631.jpg (234x215, 9K)

Fuck off clinically brain dead retard. It's a cheap simple solution doing exactly what OP wants.

300m is ~$100, at least here in Burgerland. That doesn't solve the power-draw issues addressed here
and solved here

>300m is ~$100
yeah dummy that's the point. You can't do a 300m cable run outdoors for $100.
300m of some shitty ebay cat5e cable might be $100, but cat 5e loses signal integrity past 100m. Plus those coax adapters are gonna cost a more than $100. Even then it'll be a blast trying to get a good signal using MoCA or similar protocols on 300m of shitty ebay RG6.

Attached: tumblr_palmdbr7wj1wdjcbyo1_400.png (300x300, 75K)

>300m isn't ~$100
>oh wait it is, but you can't do it
>oh wait you can, but you will have these issues that you guys already know about
>I'M the dummy

Attached: 1457765567674.jpg (720x479, 46K)

>a cable is the entire run

Use a fiber cable

Which I (once again) already addressed
Hey OP, if you try to go the Wi-Fi repeater-route, you're going to be extremely disappointed, if you get a usable signal at 300m in the first place. A coaxial cable run is your best bet.

Wireless signal strength is a two way thing, you need to boost BOTH sides for this shit to work.

Imagine two people screaming at each other from 300m away, you need both sides to be loud enough for any communication to happen.

What you want is a set of those ubiquiti directional antennas.

Mount one at the source, mount the other end on top of a tree, and get a small solar panel set up to power the antenna and a router at the other end.

Attached: PBE-M5-300_Front_Angle_1024x1024.png (800x800, 506K)

>300m 1000MHz CAT 7 outdoor drum
>149.99€
I don't know what kind of overpriced fucking Ethernet drums you buy but something is wrong with you.
And even so the problem has long since been solved, buy fucking Coax, and you pointing out shit that was solved an hour ago again and again doesn't fucking help anyone.

Attached: 1558358136817.jpg (400x399, 18K)

>coaxial
Peak Boomer tech

Fuck off back to Technology where you belong.

Calm down gradpa

so I can't use a yagi to connect to the university wifi hot-spot 900ft away for free internet?

LoS is almost a must at 2.4GHz and necessary at 5GHz
Those trees will fuck you up real badly.

But it's worth the try, especially if you equip both sides with a yagi pointed toward eachother

Not unless the uni hotspot is also capable of working at 900ft

the fuck are you even trying to do? There might be a better solution for this.

Bury fibre or something.

>use an Ethernet cable to hook up your 4G router to the ISP's transmitter so you get better coverage
?

Yep, it’s gotta be fiber. Pretty sure it’s not recommended to use ethernet because of surge risk. If wi-fi is a must, check out wi-fi in the 900 mhz range, it’s unlicensed.

The point is that you can't do a 300m outdoor cable run for $100, you're looking at $200 at least.
MoCA has a maximum rated distance of 100m, the same as Cat 5e ethernet. Signal integrity will still be a problem on coax.
The best choice if money isn't a problem is fiber, the budget choice is a $30 yagi tied to the top of a tree. Coax and ethernet are half measures that will cost about as much as a fiber solution but work worse.

Attached: Piet_Program_Hello_World%281%29.gif (143x143, 16K)

so i can put yagis on both sides for a working wifi, sounds cheaper than coax of fibre since you can get these for bout 30 bucks

>Coax and ethernet are half measures that will cost about as much as a fiber solution but work worse.
500m COAX including cheapo tools costs barely 110€.
I've run COAX for long range temporary (as in 3 days) house to house through the woods wifi/ethernet before and it worked without a hitch over 400m and including adaptors and shipping cost me ~100€. The "cheap" yagi antenna they had before didn't even fucking work and all in all costed much more than 100€, and lets not even start about the costs of long range fibre in this scenario. Comparing Coax to fibre in terms of price is clinically brain dead retarded at best.

Yes, in theory, and with enough power, that would work.

The amount of interference, how much power you would need to put into the air would be are complete unknown until you try it.

Dis is all you need my amerikanski friend
youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-nj_BwoBE

I just use one of these

Attached: tanaka-tht-210sb-hedge-trimmer-1340622446[1].jpg (1909x1161, 417K)

Ubiquiti sells some backhaul hardware for a usecase like this I think

Attached: 1550986535916.jpg (817x978, 499K)

i don't think these would be any good agains trees with their 5 ghz.
like said 900 mhz would suit better there