>reddit app
>youtube app
>facebook app
>instagram
>...

wtf, why do people need an app to browse a website? Beside a browser, obviously

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 12K)

muh rich multimedia experience

Kuroba's interface is way more "touch screen friendly" than the stock Jow Forums website on phones, and has more features like regex filtering or reply notifications

The apps have a more mobile-friendly UI.

apps tend to have less cancerous ads or none at all

lol

implementation detail, says nothing about the technology

anything not doable with custom scripts or extensions? Why apps over extensions? Why a new paradigm?

>lol
they absolutely do. Especially news apps

>notsureiftrollingorjustretarded
companies love apps since they can embed hundreds of trackers and read unique information like your google account and imei

they eventually will display ads on it

You’re fucking autistic

stop downloading cancerous pajeet shit from Aptoide then. The apps I'm talking about have sane permissions

I strongly disagree. STRONGLY DISAGREE. I much rather use the site than that awful ugly app.

>anything not doable with custom scripts or extensions? Why apps over extensions? Why a new paradigm?
Apart from reply notifications and thread watching pretty much everything else should be doable with scripts or extensions, the problem is that you don't have access to those on a mobile phone

Because apps can gather more data from your phone. Also it's harder to block ads in an app.
Because the sites are intentionally gimped to make you use an app instead.

The mobile site is just fine. I'll be damned if I install some shitty app just for 4chang. There's enough bloatware garbage on my phone as it is.

"Optimization" and convenience, although in most cases it's not necessary at all and the difference is not big enough to warrant an exclusive app. That said, for this place specifically the mobile site is a broken dumpster fire (or at least was when I last used it) so an external app is better to make the site fucking usable.

>implementation detail, says nothing about the technology
Hahaha

>push notifications

thanks for generation gold fish attention span

Apart from the other replies in the thread. Its also a bit faster to use an app for most people as they dont use bookmarks. And either way, theres less clicks to open the app and be logged in even if you use bookmarks.

>wtf, why do people need an app to browse a website?
Because not everyone is a masochist.

So you're basically saying that you wait hours in front of your computer/phone doing nothing until the thread bumps?

I just check back later to see if it's been bumped.

I only use Jow Forums and very occasionally YouTube of these but apps improve the usability immensely, and I say this as someone who rarely installs any
>muh botnet
I really don't care that some marketing agency knows some random asshole watched x video for y amount of seconds

Also bouncing around between tabs and watching threads is a huge pain in the ass especially on mobile browsers. I'd install a second non-Jow Forums browser just for Jow Forums if I didn't have an app for it