Where is the best place to start learning python?

Where is the best place to start learning python?
I found this video tut youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=_uQrJ0TkZlc

but is it any good?
Are video tuts even a good choice to learn stuff like programming language?

Attached: pyy.png (400x400, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/markbirbeck/sublime-text-shell-command
jakevdp.github.io/blog/2016/08/25/conda-myths-and-misconceptions/
fullstackpython.com/table-of-contents.html
ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-pyint/index.html
realpython.com/python-debugging-pdb/
realpython.com/python-exceptions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Automate boring stuff with python

Enough with the python shilling!

thanks user
im not shilling i am working on linux, everything on linux is written in python , i need to finally learn this motherfucker

The official docs. Unless you are a complete beginner to programming.

>everything on linux is written in python
No, where did this brainwash come from?

we 30 threads like this every single day

python is a good scripting language and with access to bash it's even more powerful

respect it. it could save you headache on your next job because everyone has used python for everyhting and every weird idea your boss has you can bust out quickly.

t. self taught man with a salary

imagine being this retarded, no wonder you like that shitty toy language

python is only for students and sysadmins

obligatory image

Attached: 1562607058575.png (971x280, 94K)

>t. self taught man with a salary
thats great user, can you point me to sources that you used to learn it?

this needs to be sticked on top of every Jow Forums thread

Automate The Boring Stuff --> Data Structures and Algorithms Using Python --> Object Oriented Programming in Python 3

Read these and follow along 100%.

After that, learn Rust. Rust is the future.

based
i-i'm not like that i swear
t. OP

thanks user thats 2 anons already recommending the Automate The Boring Stuff

isnt that book for python 2? I think it released in 2015

its updated

Automate gives enough absolute beginner info without being overly dry. Automate will give you a basic scripting knowledge. in combination with learning unix system cmds you can do any kind of automation you want on Linux with python.

If you want to get into "actual programming", as in software development, then move to data structures and OOP. You can pick up the basics of any language easily after these 3 books.

After that, what you learn is dependent on what you want to do and you have to learn specific libraries or frameworks, apis, etc which have nothing to do with python fundamentally other than they happen to be accessible with it.

damn, i guess i should read it too than, thanks user

thank you so much user
i want to learn programming on a deeper level and hopefully get on some pro levels
good thing i am already experienced but in webdev tho, both front and backend but i am using linux for years now without windows or mac, and i kinda want to do the "actual programming" someday, even tho i need to do webdev for money for now, maybe i find a job a as a python dev some day or sys admin

you literally can learn the whole syntax in like 5 minutes, coding in python is possible for braindead people for fuck's sake
I'm sick of all you faggots "how do i learn" , learning a language is just knowing the syntax which should never take more than 2 months to learn ALL of it (1 week in the case of python) everything else is just algorithms you just have to be smart to understand and make up and are transferrable through languages

If you already know webdev why are you learning Python? You can script with PHP or node.js.

Just learn C or Rust or Java. If you already know JS/PHP why the fuck are you even bothering with Python.

>Automate boring stuff with python
i'm gonna read that book.
what free IDE can i use for python?

FPBP

VS Code, it's the best IDE for everything.

Make sure to set your interpreter to python 3.6 or 3.7.

And make sure to use pip3.

VS Code is not IDE.
Visual Studio is IDE
I used both for C# and VS Code lacks the capability of full IDE like VS.

it really sucks that webdev industry doesnt require deep knowledge of computing and algorithms
and even when the need arises everybody and your boss just expects you to c/p from internet and just build shit fast so that our worthless "apps" can multiply more on this already cancerous internet and industry
what happened to programs and programming?
is it all coding and apps now?

its just that python is everywhere nowadays and is in demand, seems you gotta know how to work with it and i just want to feel comfortable and self-confident :( no bully
>tfw learned C and Pascal long ass time ago but never did any professional work and didnt program in it in years

i'd say geany and pycharm

>pycharm
i saw the feature list of free and paid pycharm
seems like lots of feature are missing from the free edition

MITx 6.00.1x

how do I learn kotlin :^)

Pycharm is bad. I tried it for a while, but VS Code shits on it in literally every way.

so how does vscode handles it actually? it has its own build system and a console window? i mean similar to pycharm or what?

How is it bad? Get Anaconda with PyCharm and solve your IDE and libs problems once and for all.

>Anaconda is a free and open-source distribution of the Python
i literally dont understand what it is, lol what a pleb i am
what does it mean distribution of X language?

Why do you want an IDE, OP? You said yourself you are on Linux. Just use any barebones text editor and run your files from the terminal.

i never asked for IDE senpai, but anyway using ediotr and then switching to terminal back and forth is kinda slow

have you tried tmux

or vim/neovim terminal support
or running an shell inside of emacs

>we 30 threads

honestly i did try them long time ago and somehow always ended up using fancy shit like sublime

Have you looked at something like this?

github.com/markbirbeck/sublime-text-shell-command

Oh, sorry. I just skimmed through the thread and thought you were the one asking for an IDE.

sublime already has a console that outputs your python builds, its really minimal and doing its job
sublime is really top tier editor, it holds up really good after all these years

Distribution: a bundle of software that can interoperate without configuration.
The power of Anaconda comes from its amazing package manager (pip is not a PM in a traditional sense because it does not manage dependencies).
Thus, if you are installing Matplotlib or Numpy (C heavy) Conda is a god send.
Read this for more info:
jakevdp.github.io/blog/2016/08/25/conda-myths-and-misconceptions/

saved and downloaded

>wish me luck guys

>downloaded
links please

the kernel is written in C learn outside of your webdev shell sometimes will ya

Jow Forums

Because PyCharm is somehow way slower than VS on my machine (by a lot). Plus I like the UX of VS.

fullstackpython.com/table-of-contents.html

I started with codecademy. Their python course is very okay and will get you writing some code.

I use Atom. It requires some config but I really like the modularity and it's not overpowering like some IDEs

Just make a project for yourself and start googling when you have no idea. For instance, how do I read a webpage on the command line? How can I save multiple images from a website to my local machine?

IDLE
read the book

go through this article, understand

ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-pyint/index.html

next.

realpython.com/python-debugging-pdb/

next

realpython.com/python-exceptions/

Dope, wanted to go balls deep in python for a bit and didnt know where to start. ty user.

everything on linux is written in python everything on linux is written in python everything on linux is written in python everything on linux is written in python everything on linux is written in python everything on linux is written in python

absolubtely not.
you are learning python, use the command line
do not use an IDE
learn how ot use the command line learn how to use the python interactive interpreter, learn how to manipulate python files, python headers, within bash. This person is wrong. Do not use an IDE when you are starting to use python, IDEs are for advanced programmers only. Using an IDE to 'learn python' is = to learning to drive a manual, driver needed car, with a driverless cars. Programmers who use IDEs from the start, become lazy, assuming everything, understanding nothing.

there is also the barrier of the IDE. people use IDES 'auto programming' who cannot program at all. its all "fill-in' .. they are hit and miss things. you need to learn the python language, as with any programming language - get to grips with, understand the text. IDEs have created a whole generation of programming morons

retard. typing ~: python3 script.py is not a skill you need to learn. devops/sysadmin =/= programming

shut the fuck up

lets not be so absolute and harsh
for example i used pycharm for the first time today and actually the first IDE in a long long time and i was just writing script for learning when suddenly while i was writing some logic the IDE popup proposed something using DeMorgan theorem and i was so pleasantly surprised that they reminded me of these things i learned like 10 years ago
IDEs can be cool and help you learn advanced stuff
its all about the individual, how does one approaches the work and learning

pic related (it's (you))

Attached: 12543.png (211x239, 8K)

shut the fuck up samefag post your git

>Object Oriented Programming in Python 3
who is the author ?

the autism is leaping off the page.
automate the boring stuff uses IDLE to teach python. it comes with the installer. learning context and syntax is more important than earning NEET points by only using the CLI.
also your car analogy is retarded.

think of a project. figure out what you need to finish project. compartmentalize problems and functions into smaller problems and functions and solve until it is working. upload intermittently to github and comment your code so someone can learn how it work.

you is a programmer.