Is this a meme distro?

im a new faggot with linux. been using ubuntu for about 3 years now to get my feet wet. how is void? i want to try an os without systemd.

Attached: Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (1200x989, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voidlinux.org/news/2018/04/my-little-void.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was an early adopter of void and helped alex and them with some minor things regarding it. The seem to have abandoned it, but if you are competent enough the building blocks are there.

what would be a good non systemd rolling release then?

>using linux for 3 years
>new
lol wut, ive only been on this shit for half a year im already contributing to my distro's source code and writing my own packages

The meme here is wanting to avoid systemd.

well im retarded and dont know how to code. ive used windows since 3.1. im pretty comfortable with linux now. but again, im retarded and it took me awhile

voidlinux.org/news/2018/04/my-little-void.html

>is this a meme?

Attached: 1384887026187.png (1327x879, 528K)

artix

I haven't used void itself but I have adapted quite a few of their musl patches to get my musl/libcxx gentoo installation going.

>void
>abandoned
lol kys lennart

>ponyos

Slackware-current is fine. It's well-documented and the community is helpful. If you prefer a more stable distro then you want Slackware 14.2. Current is rolling-release.

>abandoned
plz update.

Holy based.

Still actively developed.

wow that is so amazing

Yes, it's shit don't use it.
and stops post about void on Jow Forums

>voidlinux.org/news/2018/04/my-little-void.html

The date.

>i want to try an os without systemd.
Enjoy nothing working because everything of value relies on systemd

You're just not on his level. Pacman probably broke his xorg.conf one too many times and his mom refused to cancel his meetings and that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

>im so big brain
>*check bash history*
>sudo uninstall sudo

It is very based

why all distro are using systemd after all?

I've been using it for a couple of years now. It's the best experience with Linux I've come across. It's very simple to use, lightweight, and very easy to install. The only downside is their servers can be really slow at times.

ubuntu is better, fedora is the alternative.
other distributions are a meme.
gentoo is fine because it's source based, doesn't need some stupid onions packaging system like void trying to sell snake oil.
Like what's the point of avoiding packaging as rpm/debs?
pure snake oil bullshit

Install Void or else I'll bully you.

Attached: 1562139565204.jpg (900x1215, 467K)

I would like her to bully me :3

Also no

>No systemd
Void
>Actually caring about systemd after using it for 3 years
faggot

Install Arch

Wow, user, you're so cool!!! Please let me choke with your cock

>i want to try an os without systemd
Why?

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1558326757182.jpg (286x327, 17K)

Both Void and Artix use runit instead of systemd. I installed Void first and tried it for a couple of months. Then I installed Artix this weekend. I never would've considered installing Arch Linux, and yet here I was installing Arch Linux w/ runit. It was as tricky as I thought, nearly gave up - but installed successfully. After a few days of Artix/Arch Linux, I am amazed and wondering how it has taken systemd to make me an Arch Linux user via Artix. I am never going back to Void. The Arch Linux package, pacman, AUR, has everything...this is literally the best OS I've ever installed on my machine.

You still end up with a shitty, bloated distro that pulls countless useless "dependencies"

openRC

what about it?

What are you on about?

It's slow

Why isn't there an x86 version with musl available?

People use it because it's "popular" on Distrowatch.

I'm using void since 2 years.
If you are looking for exciting new problems to solve every day just to get your machine working this distro is not for you.
Haven't touched any configuration in more than a year. Runs rock solid.

wot.png

so you are using Artix now?

>t. nsa

Considering trying out void, any tips?

Symlink the services you want to start from /etc/sv to /var/services. It's so clean, simple, and easy to understand. I've only been using Linux for a few years. I didn't know about the Systemd shit coming in. But with Systemd,.I can't understand what the fuck is going on. With runit I have a much better understanding of what services are running