You're tasked with shutting down the entire internet for at least 1 hour. How do you do it?

You're tasked with shutting down the entire internet for at least 1 hour. How do you do it?

Attached: Untitled-design-10.jpg (1000x465, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_7007_incident
web.archive.org/web/20080228131639/http://www.renesys.com/blog/2005/12/internetwide_nearcatastrophela.shtml
abc.net.au/news/2019-07-11/contractors-rig-wire-through-trees/11297076
youtu.be/iDbyYGrswtg
thenextweb.com/insider/2013/03/04/the-pirate-bay-may-or-may-not-have-been-invited-to-north-korea-but-its-not-being-hosted-there/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Release my cache of information that will lead to the arrest of H. Clinton

Coordinated, precision airstrikes against the 13 root servers and all their fallbacks.

>inb4 the user was banned for this post

Attached: 430.jpg (634x819, 84K)

I wait till the snot becomes crispy in my nose and I will shoot the switch with it when I'm ready.

you can fuck up routing BGP. maybe fuck up dns too. no way u fuck every little network its more like a split.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_7007_incident
web.archive.org/web/20080228131639/http://www.renesys.com/blog/2005/12/internetwide_nearcatastrophela.shtml

>Any day now!

ask cloudflare kindly to blame an internet outage on another megacorp.

This. Pirate bay founders were jailed over faking BGP messages to spoof their server location

Where are these servers? Asking for a friend.

Sent :)

solar flare

I would turn off my router

give nbnco control of the internet and ask them to improve it.
abc.net.au/news/2019-07-11/contractors-rig-wire-through-trees/11297076

TLDR, an AS advertised itself as containing every range?
realistic answer
expensive answer

i have a poor understanding of the technology, but i would probably try to MITM the OCSP servers firefox and chrome use. they are apparently sent in http?? i guess we should be using dns over ssl huh. anyways, i would have my MITM OCSP nodes declare every cert they are queried for as revoked
under the presumption that internet access was insecure until my mitm nodes were pulled, many would just go jerk off
however many would just fall back to HTTP for their business communications because stupid boomers.
right around this time, people would realize there was money to be made, and start trying to MITM all of these HTTP connections. hackers would be trying to digitally and maybe even physically compromise a bunch of PBX's at once to capitalize on this opportunity, and i think infrastructure would fully shit itself pretty quick, start recovering once they found my nodes and pulled them, and not be fully fixed for quite a while after

thoughts? im not sure i fully understand the technology but this seems workable

nuke all amazon,google and cloudfare datacenters.

wouldn't that only shut half the world off?

I'd "flick" the "big" "switch" that says "internet" to the "off" state, if you know what i "mean"

OCSP is ignored if it times out, you retard.

they are at [google->internet root servers]

Nah China and Russia would still have Internet (lol intranet now).

snibbidy snibbidy undersea fibery
boppity poppity orbital sattely

I don't think I would call those

make all the ISP go bankrupt :D

i recommend to not do anything illegal......

this people still need to steal my stuff..... i may have to get nuts....

I'll do it right now

Attached: tgdr.jpg (441x537, 42K)

Cutting the undersea cables would technical make it an intranet

Nuclear weapons.

I've always wondered why someone hasn't just gone down there and tried cutting one

How dare you talk shit about cheburnet, you fucking nigger.
To the gulag.

Attached: cheburnet.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

They have, Google it.
Still, it's thick and it will shock you to death as soon you crack open the shielding. Also, you will have to cut multiple ones to do real damage, and they can replace the part you cut off rather easily, they don't need to replace the entire cable.

that's why i said i would have my man in the middled server respond with denials rather than just time out? so every certificate would return that it was revoked

That's what the new Street Sharks remake is centered around

pull the plug myself

it feels good to be in charge

Assuming unlimited budget I could just buy out all of the service prodivders and shut down emerging ones

Send out a mass malware extension hidden in a Nigerian Prince email.

revoke all the root certificates

I launch giant dildo floats in every country with internet. Each float costs billions of dollars. They can be seen from anywhere in the country. All people will go outside...
nvm, this would not work. Everyone would just upload the pictures to their social media accounts.

Idk what exactly do you mean by "the entire internet", in any case a modular self replicating polymorphic threat would be a way to start

how would they even do that? dont believe that they are a isp and dont you need to be to have any kind of modification access to bgp configurations

maybe dont touch it then? im sure that the people who would be interested in doing such things have the proper tools for it.

so just ignore the stupid cert warning like usually because its always about some misconfiguration or self signed thing not a hacked server or fake cert?

>ping 255.255.255.255 -t

>i have a poor understanding of the technology
that's obvious considering you can't tell the difference between the Internet and the WWW. Just because you shut down anything http doesn't mean the Internet would shut down.

"no" and then I don't do it

why does it say off when the switch it pushed down?

Obviously bomb Area 51.

Just use a loic lol

i didn't say anything about shutting down http. this would fuck SSL. openvpn uses SSL, https uses ssl, ssh uses ssl. a majority of encrypted protocols would fail, which would constitue a major service disruption. furthermore people trying to take advantage and trying to MITM in PBXes could very well create some big problems for all connectivity

nice try FBI

Attached: 1543406386025.jpg (234x250, 11K)

Block Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon and Netflix. Normies will stage mass rioting within minutes.

Hire some expert and trained sharks

Attached: 1545597800761.jpg (3916x2295, 2.32M)

international meme day.

Nothing short of no limits global thermonuclear war given an arsenal equivalent to US/Russia at their peak would do the job. Even that has a large chance of leaving large chunks up, and those chunks may still be able to communicate with each other through various means. The internet is very durable on a global level.

Dumbass, just dump some explosives along it. Fucker will get torn to bits. One bomb per mile for a few hundred miles would be a massive pain in the dick to repair. You'd have to do this to many cables at once to actually cut large countries off though.

just unplug it

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 663K)

wouldn't really do that much

Google it.

The internet is deliberately decentralised to prevent this exact situation. Governments can order the internet shut down on a national scale, but that would be about it. Theoretically, EMPs or a solar flare can shut down the internet, but only in the area affected. But if a solar flare powerful enough ever does hit the earth, no internet is the least of our worries. But even that is less likely to happen as more key infrastructure is being emp-proofed. There is some concern about how there are fewer DNS providers, or a concentration of data centre companies, but it is in these companies best interest to prevent shutdowns, so I doubt they will be easy to attack or disrupt completely. You could try the ISPs and companies that own the international cables, as that is also how governments shut the internet down. If you can control the ISP's kill switch, you can shut down everything the ISP provides service to, but you will need to control a lot of ISPs to control even a single country.

Scuba dive with a butter knife and dab in the big internet cable in the ocean.

Attached: IMG_20190712_091146.jpg (443x165, 12K)

>yfw Google has anti-missile systems

Just sneak in the room with the internet and unplug it, then jam the power socket with some chewing gum.

10% of the entire internet traffic was kill when cloudflare was down.
attack google, amazon, microsoft and some other big cloud providers and while you wont take down the entire internet a large part of it will be kill.
if you want the entire internet offline attack the power infrastructure. its easier.

It's not decentralized anymore. Most people visit Facebook, twitter, google, reddit and CloudFlare websites. Take those 5 down and you'll have full blown panic in the west. Same in China and Russia. Qq, vk, etc.

power grid blackout

Unplug global modem

Attached: 1475293208458.png (640x640, 12K)

>Exploit router software
>Exploit cell tower software
>Exploit DNS server OS.
>Corrupt data as it is written on backup tapes
>Months later, initiate exploits, backups don't work, DNS is dead and I am comfy in my yard, sipping Earl Gray
>An explosion goes off in the back
>Thots are screaming
>Children are crying
It's be lovely

>imagine glowing this brigth

are you literally retard?
they are underwater
electricity travels too weel in water
now do 2+2

just fuck up the bgp. wont last long tho because everyone will notice it but if you can do it from a major american isp then it might last longer.

doesnt matter if its in the water. of course the tools would be made of or covered in something that wont transfer the electricity to wrong places.

>will shock you to death
>fibre optics
>shock
didn't know this was a brainlet board

I turn off the internet box, duh.

youtu.be/iDbyYGrswtg

Attached: 5220C9A0-5931-43CF-8047-5BC1B44FA93A.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

obviously call the anti-botnet shark

Attached: 1559838999044.png (620x700, 273K)

this is 100% correct.

wait for a solar flare

please be bait

fucking based m8

EMPs

Space nukes

create emergent AI on an internet-connected computer that doesn't actually do anything but everyone's so afraid they disconnect themselves

Hahaha this like a tech dialogue from a shitty cop drama like CSI Miami.

>It’s a Unix system. I’m going to try to reroute the NGINX layers to ping sweep the meta-nodes. Oh god... the attacker... he’s inside the router!!!

200 well motivated sharks and you're done

Attached: eo6248sth0pz[1].png (2196x1029, 783K)

Wait for an EMP solar storm to come and wipe out all electronics on earth. It could have happened back in 2012 if we were at a different stage in orbit.

Attached: DKvCCm2WAAI7bsq.jpg (276x368, 15K)

Thabks Mr Shark Sir

NOOOOOOO WINBROS WAT WE DOOOO

/thread

by giving ocean cables some snibedy snab :DDDD

your retarded

Attached: 1470052243627.gif (400x400, 1.71M)

Best I can remember was that they faked routes when advertising next hop routes that they were directly connected to even though they were not.

thenextweb.com/insider/2013/03/04/the-pirate-bay-may-or-may-not-have-been-invited-to-north-korea-but-its-not-being-hosted-there/

Detonate several nuclear weapons at high altitude above the US, Europe, Russia and Asia to cause multiple EMPs, delaying mankind from experiencing their doomed digital future.

Nuke Cloudflare and Amazon

that does not really explain how they did it. is it really possible to do such things from a regular internet connection

>is it really possible to do such things from a regular internet connection
no of course not

based /b/tard

Why do you hate Howard Clinton so much?

You won't be able to MITM it you fucking retard.