>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - Overkill FPS for most GPU/monitor pairings
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games. Wait for 5700 XT non-blower cards for higher end
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible FPS, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Wait for non-blowers if considering the 5700 XT. 5700 blower is fine and comparable to 2060S noise levels, due to being low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe don't give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy
>See "more" for VRM chart

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1562257881501.jpg (1280x720, 296K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/list/jGXnZR
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/dqH4CJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/RNzkhy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are KANGston SSDs good?

The age old question.
VG248QE or XL2411P?

lol no, get Crucial or Samsung, maybe ADATA.

Reminder that only a TV-Sized™ monitor is good enough

I love crucial. I want everything Crucial on my computer. My Crucial ram overclocks like a baby.

>TN
>no adaptive sync
into the trash

How long is it safe to wait for the isopropyl on my socket to dry up

Cool, thanks for answering my question. I'll go with the BenQ :)

Is 300$ enough for a good 1440p monitor? I don’t need 144hz

I often hear how the only bad thing about 2080 is that it's overpriced, but why is that the case considering it owns the tier it's in?

what is the monitoring software every "content" creator uses? you know the one with cpu cores, ram, gpu and 3d api on screen
>tfw still using fraps

Yes, buy used if you want to save.

I wanted to ask that too

rivatuner, which comes with msi afterburner

You can get good 1440p@75 4ms IPS monitors for under $300 easily.

I think they generally use Nvidia's. FCAT.

Quick verification: I need a new workstation as soon as possible but the 7nm parts might come out soon. Would it be retarded to buy this now? It might take a longer time until Rome is for sale to the public.
Not happy about the pricey Tesla card but the Volta Quadro is even more expensive and it's gonna pay for itself fairly quickly.
Part list:
1 x AMD EPYC 7401P 24C + 1078,60 €
8 x 16gb Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G9 + 701,84 €
1 x Crucial MX500 CT500MX500SSD1 + 64,33 €
1 x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 HUS726060ALE610 + 172,88 €
1 x Intel X550-T2 + 392,46 €
1 x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 + 752,25 €
1 x NVIDIA Tesla V100 32GB + 7907,11 €
sum: 12.939,65 €
This would come in a Supermicro 4U tower with their single socket SP3 board.

>B450 Tomahawk
>3700x
Is there anything better than a Tomahawk for me? I don't need much features at all

Rome works in the same socket so go for it.
I'd make absolute sure that V100 is the best for your use case though ... Don't just assume it is because it's one of the most expensive.

I wiped two times with a swab wet in isopropyl and still there's some paste residues

Rivatuner does nothing, it's afterburner that puts stuff on the screen

Attached: 2019-07-11 20.11.16.jpg (1152x2048, 1.39M)

Thanks lads

Attached: image.jpg (750x743, 327K)

What surprised you most when building your first PC, /pcbg/?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (618x741, 75K)

get a solder pump and/or condensed air, that should get rid of anything inside
try maybe tooth pick to clean the inside if the prior doesn't work, just don't damage the parts

Attached: solder_pump.jpg (1500x1500, 87K)

The credit card bill

I got windows preinstalled on a laptop I bought five years ago, and I updated it to windows 10 a while ago. If I build a new pc, could I use that windows key on the new pc?

the amount of force needed to properly install RAM. I was so fucking scared of breaking it or the mobo

Like most likely anyone, the CPU socket lever and how much force it requires.

Yes, sign into windows using a MS account before you switch, it assigns the key to your account. Log in to the account on the new pc to activate it.

That mobos make a cracking sound, like breaking wooden toothpicks, when you apply too much force to those fragile internal pin connectors.

Oh that's kinda genius
Just did a bit with toothpicks.

Also just rubbed the cpu's metal pins with a brush wet in isopropyl

Ok that's a relief at least.
I don't specifically need a Tesla card but I do computational civil engineering and the Volta architecture is still ahead (at least in our applications) of the RTX one because of the huge amount of tensor cores.
We quickly outgrew our old Dell Precision with a single 12 GB titan V and the next step up would be the 16 GB version of the Tesla V100 and that seems a bit tight again.
After considering your advice I'll probably go with the Quadro GV100 instead and then if that's still not enough I'm gonna have to go all out and get a second system with dual Teslas and run it headless in the rack. Thank you for chiming in.

Oh wait, what if some old solder dust ends up on the socket and shorts shit beyond RMA?

WHEN ARE THE BUDGET MICRO ATX X570S GONNA BE OUT I DONT WANNA PAY MORE THAN $100 FOR A FUCKING MOBO JESUS FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1548642628663.jpg (495x362, 30K)

that's why you use compressed air
and clean the solder pump

Just get a 470 what's your problem?

>X570
>budget
I don't even think there were any X370 or X470 micro atx boards.

THE SAME APPLIES WITH THE 470

loops fine. thermal paste is non-conductive.
Use a sewing needle to scrape that little last bit off. Or qtip and alcohol.

clean your fucking solder pump

Yeah I figured you looked into it already... but we get lots of retards here who just think more expensive is better.

They're called B550 and they're coming out next year. Enjoy.

Never. Budget x470 won't happen because anybody looking for good value goes to B450.

x570 cannot be made on a budget. PCIE4 practically demands a higher quality PCB and VRMs.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXTTTTTT FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: 1b8c671b84a27e73eed9736c539cbe7f.jpg (720x720, 39K)

taking off a d14 and watching in horror as the phenom ii 955 came with it. i can pull off a big noctua from a lga board with confidence tho.

logicalincrements.com/

Is this site legit? Was looking at purchasing everything needed in the 'superb' tier. Are those lists up to date and/or efficient?

I'm looking to run lighter games like Overwatch, classic WoW when it comes out, Runescape etc.

Looking to run dual-monitors as well.

Attached: bernardo.jpg (727x545, 65K)

What do you mean compressed air, I only have this

The 470 is from the older generation and you're waiting for them to release a budget version of it?

I was told the silver looking ones are a bit conductive

If the paste does no harm then you just destroyed my hope that cleaning it will fix my iGPU.

Attached: 1562887838040-805321280.jpg (2048x1152, 454K)

If you want budget and soon just get 450 and shut up

On that workload, I don’t think you need much more than a 3600 and a 5700 aftermarket

with what do you clean dust from the pc?
You can buy it in any pc parts shop or electronics/diy shop. You can also try vacuuming, nothing will get damaged, just don't put it on max

Attached: aircan.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>illogicalexcrement
No, it's really awful.

>run lighter games like Overwatch, classic WoW when it comes out, Runescape etc.
At 60fps? 3400G with the iGPU will run those at 1080p@60.

What's a good wifi card with this build?

pcpartpicker.com/list/jGXnZR

HOLY FUCK I JUST BENT A BUNCH OF PINS TRYING TO GET HAIR OUT OF CHEE CPU

I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS THAT EASY

WHAT I DO NOW

Use a automatic pencil without the lead to bend them back.

Bend it back, pray to Dr. Lisa Su that it works, but be very light on applying force

I have a i7-4790k
Ambient Temperature is around 24C
CPU gets 40C on Idle
90C on 100% for 5 minutes straight

Setup is a Hyper 212 Evo Dual Fan 40CFM Setup
Case has one 120mm 40CFM intake in the front, and one 120mm 40CFM exhaust at the back

I know the 4790k runs naturally hot, but would you recommend getting another cooler? Getting to 90C is making me feel a little uneasy. If so then what cooler should I get? Apparently a Corsair H50 cannot fit on the motherboard because the way ASUS designed their board (Z97-A/USB 3.1)

Mechanical pencil without the led. Put it around each pin and bend each pin back.

> Are those lists up to date
No

get fucked

Is this a new build? If not, reapply thermal paste.

Apply new paste, and blow out all the dust.

Anybody have/had any experiences with the EXGA rtx 2080 XC Ultra?
Reviews seem to be generally great for it everywhere but on Newegg which is showing a lot of eventual failures

Nvm already unbent them with a toothpick

You first, who's recommending

Apply new paste. I have a 4790k with Hyper 212 Evo and I get 70C on load. If you really think you need to upgrade then get better fans.

How do I unlock the extra cores of my wafer

Those guys probably had the shitty VRAM from Micron(?)

Are the saved builds worth buying? I'm considering grabbing this one pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/dqH4CJ

AND A PIECE OF SOLDER FELL ON THE SOCKET. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE TIP

You can't and there's a reason you shouldn't want to either.

Why

It's wafered the way it is for stability, if its a 6c/12t it's because it wasn't stable at anything higher.

Instability.

My 3600 comes in tomorrow, what do?

sleep until it's tomorrow

Oh yeah and it's clocked the way it is because that's where the chip is stable, so there's no point in trying to clock out higher. Go suck Jewish dick

Dude if you really think you can just magically add more cores and keep it stable, you're a fucking idiot.

you think if you could get like a 3600 and get it to a stable 3700x, that people everywhere wouldn't be freaking the fuck out how you could save 130 bucks?

You're such a fucking idiot it actually hurts my brain.

Attached: 1551378809945.png (518x496, 155K)

Toshiba p300 vs WD blue vs Seagate Barracuda
2Tb
main concern is endurance

Attached: 1490736461362.jpg (1000x1000, 259K)

When running CrystalDiskMark to benchmark my 970 Evo Plus, temps on the drive are going up to 110c

This surely can't be good right?

Attached: HWiNFO64_SD4tJlRiHF.png (364x92, 7K)

return it and start ordering 3600x
it's better binned and the cooler is adequate unlike the 3600 stock cooler

>3900X comes in tomorrow
Can't fucking wait

Now the cooler is a bit angled compared to the ram slots. Is that ok

Attached: 1562889416134-1193513328.jpg (2048x1152, 674K)

Better binning doesn't matter unless you want to overclock

Where is my reccomend liquid coolers list OP. I can OC with my shitty stock cooler.

Oldfag here, building a PC primarily for work but I look forward to playing a game or two on it as well A few questions...

Last PC I built the video cards only supported up to 3 monitors, so had to get two cards for my setup (four 2560p / 4k screens). What can today's cards do? Can I get one card that can handle four (or even five or six) such screens? Any cards in particular I should be looking at?

I take it the 3700x would be worth the extra $110 CAD or so it will cost me over a 3600 as I have many applications running at once for my work (financial markets), correct? Like if I'm putting extra money in somewhere, it should be here?

From my lurking it looks like the B450 Tomahawk is pretty popular around here, sounds good to me. But I've read the sound and nic on this MB are sketchy. Both are important to me as I have sound running all day (news services and such) and obviously need a reliable wired connection for work. Are these concerns overblown, or should I consider something other than a Tomahawk because of these potential issues? Is there a good runner up to the Tomahawk in your minds?

I'll probably OC via PBO since that sounds easy enough. Definitely won't do any manual OC. What RAM should I get for this?

SSD: Reliability is key here. Are Samsung Pros still the most reliable by far or have others caught up? I guess I should get one of these m2 drives right? Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks for your help Jow Forums.

Attached: oldfag.jpg (765x573, 243K)

>this is what nvidia fags pay for
LMAO
M
A
O

Attached: 1562889561186.jpg (2419x3226, 878K)

please be real

Fuck off

pcpartpicker.com/list/RNzkhy
Thinking of buying this build - I already hve the GPU and monitor. Is there anything I could change/improve on it?

Attached: 1490312282452.gif (480x336, 867K)

NO REFUNDS

apparently they cut corners by reusing old 2070 coolers that they had in stock and slapped a new sticker

>nvidia drones rush to defend this

Attached: 1558224240648.jpg (1070x1059, 351K)

>3700x
>2060
do 3600 and 5700xt instead

>overclocks like a baby
I'm calling welfare on you, user. It goes without saying that you don't give crystal meth to infants.

But Nvidia cards do deepnude/fakes better.

That's AliExpress shit

What's the difference between ATX & Micro ATX?
To that extent what does Form Factor refer to?

what confuses me more is that it wasn't a 2080 labeled fan considering that's what the 2070 Super is

ANSWERRRR I'm literally sitting waiting to finish mounting it

mATX is between ATX and mITX and is basically dead as a format.

save the money and buy a hooker instead

Form over factor, always.

Difficult to find a hooker that looks exactly like Christina Hendricks.

What's the problem here?