Another massive disappointment

What the fuck is wrong with canonical?

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-200736_Samsung Internet.jpg (1440x2960, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

unity8.io
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

uhh it's linux bro just use whatever you want?
or are you a copy paste to the terminal babby?

Their logo is a foot.

Gnome devs being petty as usual

Reminder that gnome is an ecosystem

Attached: braindead-idiot.png (1333x620, 144K)

flatpak is victorious, who could have thought that centralized and slow server targeted snap would fail.

OpenBSD doesn't have this problem

Attached: 76542117_28ade6f10c.jpg (306x265, 36K)

IKR, seeing retarded phoneposters in the catalog are a big disappointment on a technology board.

>write software on linux and it will eventually break due cascading updates and abandoned libraries starting from kernel and libc
>linux distros themselves are different platforms with different versions of stuff, just like modded minecraft.
>write software on windows and it will work who knows how far into future
And here is reason why linux targetting is fucking stupid and why windows software may sometimes see mac release, no fucking support hell. Another phrase for open source is "please keep this alive" on linux. On windows even those are usually it just werks.

canonical plans to make money on the enterprise market and doesn't give a shit about anyone else anymore. i just hope a lot of the software relying on ubuntu as the target distro migrates elsewhere, otherwise arch will be the only usable desktop linux distro left due to the aur. and i say this as someone who hates arch

a lot of stuff (nvidia-docker, steam) generally relies on people using ubuntu. canonical's fuckery is gonna set back linux by a lot in the next few years if a replacement isn't found quick enough

i wouldn't be surprised if this is microsoft's doing. there's been rumors of them wanting to buy canonical, they could've made some terms for canonical to be bought/made more attractive, as well as dealing a huge blow to linux in the process and making windows a better linux machine with wsl

use appimage

*SNIFFFFFF*
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

it makes the programs run slower and use more ram though (no shared libraries)

i tried installing the flatpak version of krita and found it unbearable compared to the apt one, i could literally notice the difference in my mouse (didn't try the tablet but probably would too). and i have a good machine (4790k, 1080ti, 32gb ram)

Dont you mean "what is wrong with GNOME?"

GNOMEs software center is horrible, almost as bad as KDEs Discover.
Canonical has always wanted to do things their own way which is why they will always be at odds with GNOME. The problem is that GNOME devs are autistic about their "ecosystem."
When Canonical used a different slightly fucking THEME it pissed them off so much that they authored a "open letter."

Canonical did make a mistake, they ditched Unity for God knows what reason. Probably got bribed/extorted by Redhat or some other politics.

wow gnome aren't the idiots for once. snaps are fucking terrible and ubuntu is a useless distro. though every graphical package manager besides rpmdrake fucking sucks. who fucking cares

Because their mobile platform failed and they didn't make any money from the desktop. It's a shame the next version of Unity was really going to be great. They switched to QT and had an Xorg replacement that was vastly Superior to Wayland but Redhat always wins.

Yast that comes with OpenSuse is great and the optional ones for Arch are tolerable. It's just the Kde and Gnomes stores that are awful.

The truth is Conical doesn't have enough money to develop a whole desktop by their own. Or maybe they have, but it isn't a good investment for the company, seeing they mostly make their bucks with servers. Unity was a hacked together shell on top of Gnome which only was stable around 14.04-16.04 and after that it started falling apart as Unity and Gnome diverged. Gnome devs are also mostly employed by Red Hat and they're really autistic and passive-aggressive about doing the things the way they (or Red Hat) wants.

Honestly I think Conical should tell Gnome to fuck off and go to KDE/Qt5, Qt it's an amazing toolkit and the KDE devs are mostly Germans surprisingly not as autistic as Gnome Devs.

The version of Unity they were working on before it was cancelled used QT instead of gtk. Some people are still trying to work on it but I doubt they'll get far. unity8.io

Redhat has a chokehold on Linux and almost no body notices it. I get called a schizo and/or a neckbeard when I tell people Linux is going to become the new Windows (backdoors and all) thanks to them.

They were planning to go with the Kchads see .
I strongly believe that it was some corporate politics between Redhat and Canonical. RH probably threatened to make their lives a living hell since they rely so much on the RH stack already. (Gtk, Pulse, NM, DBus, Systemd, etc.)

>Gnome
>Ubuntu
Both are the bad guys. The worst combination of linux cancer right here. Use Debian or arch, community driven distros.

>i could literally notice the difference in my mouse
What a bunch of nonsense. I bet you're also an "audiophile" with 10000$ cables.