Convince me to not take the Pythonpill

Convince me to not take the Pythonpill

Attached: 19891b1eb9c47b70b739e06b20ba83cd.jpg (625x833, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/138521/is-it-feasible-to-compile-python-to-machine-code
wiki.python.org/moin/PythonGames
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's pretty awkward to do concurrent programming in Python.

python is slow as fuck to run

why tf you need to be convinced? just stick with it if you like it and shut your stupid ass.

t.pythonbabby

I have nothing bad to say about Python

Encourage bad practices and the "pythonic" style is gay.

do it. put it all over your resume. Please I'm begging you. for the love of god push python to it's maximum so people will realize faster that it was destined to be a dead language from the start

You can compile it to fucking machine code retard

What bad practices?

Is this pic a meme? Like how the fuck would you eliminate 5 jobs let alone 1?

Not him but how would you do that? It seems there are only small projects hacked together. stackoverflow.com/questions/138521/is-it-feasible-to-compile-python-to-machine-code

Suppose you want to write some simple tool to automate X task for your normie friends with a simple half decent interface, ideally allowing the tool to be cross-platform but without cross-compilation, or even better any compilation at all. Is it Python the ultimate language for this kind of situation?

Attached: 1024px-Python-logo-notext.svg.png (1024x1024, 51K)

Yeah, probably.

No, perl does all that and secures you a job if you obfuscate it well enough

why does that nigger have a coax on his monitor

really concurrent or actually parallel?

I hate that monster flavor, it kind of tastes to mint or something

Why do you doubt of python in first place?
Where do you plan to use it?

What about using python for machine learning/neural networks? Don't tell me you guys use lisp

by writing 10 lines of python script

did you even read the post?

You'd have to get a job first before you can replace 5 others with Pyton.

The market is red hot for Azure/.NET devs right now. Python is more of a hobby for regular people because the positions that do require it are mid to senior and are almost always hired from within. This is just my perspective of course.

its still slow as shit compared to c++ (or any other statically typed / non managed language)

Python is rare in the sense that if you know ecosystem very well you can achieve so much without being actually very clever person. Basically more time you spend in this ecosystem the more capable you are. That is fair to me since not everyone was born gifted

You take the scripting programming pill, a language is easy to learn if you know your way around a compiler and know basic English

perl easier than Python
less data types

this. works well enough for a lot of shit, if you ever get into topics where it starts becoming too inefficient you'll realize it by yourself and won't need anyone else to tell you.
and even then you can just replace the bottleneck routine with fortran or whatever.

You just described all human technological progress.

Python is just a shitty version of javascript

Attached: hue.gif (400x201, 1.89M)

Are you kidding me? Prototypical inheritance cluster fucks? Nigger, if I want a class (which I don't) but if I did - I would choose a class

DELET THIS RIGHT NOW

Attached: kets.jpg (1200x1000, 165K)

Python is a lot older than JS you know

>What is multiprocessing

True, recent python also has coroutines and generators which are simple af to use. It's the whole 'async await' that you would use in Node / promises. theres also the more recent shit with multiple python interpreters. but that would fall more under parallelism than concurrency.

>perl

lol

javascript is new version of Python

idk he is sitting in front of a television with a can of monster, he probably is doing a 24h fortnite stream or something

>i dont know what concurrent means

Look up Cython or Nuitka. C-like performance with rapid production is very useful.

>Source: My ass

Totally would, except the fancy C++ libraries that Python uses still haven't been fully wrapped.

Python is babby noob shit for babies

As a python user, this

The userbase is full of autists who can't imagine that people have a use case that requires speed and minimalism. And low level programming in python is a bitch/impossible.

Yes, that is what its best at.

>The userbase is full of autists who can't imagine that people have a use case that requires speed and minimalism. And low level programming in python is a bitch/impossible.
You know that you can call C functions directly from Python, right?

slap a diddie

You know I can just do it all in C instead because at no point do I actually need any of the python libraries.

JavaScript

>speed and minimalism
Proof in point. Pythonfags are actually retarded.

No, javascript is a new version of LISP.

And good lord it's way better.

There is no reason not to. It's the defacto these days for admin scripting and it's even highly represented outside of that in areas where it shouldn't be.

Considering it takes a week to learn the syntax completely.. no reason whatsoever to not.

Attached: what.png (603x538, 46K)

Well, good for you, but I highly doubt that if you're not a systems programmer that you're never going to run into a situation where having an easy to use standard library with efficient implementations of algorithms to fit a huge variety of common use cases isn't going to reduce the time you need to either prototype or deploy something that doesn't need to rely heavily on low-level shit.

rofl
t. neet

If the execution speed is appropriate for the context then it's sufficient. In many real life scenarios, development and testing cost supersedes execution speed. This is something that the "muh compiled language" set can't accept.

Yeah, too bad I run into that literally all the time.
You know, because my job is to actually do things that aren't already done by typing
>import library

You sacrifice a little bit of speed for code readability. That's reality, there's no free lunch. In the ideal python deployment the difference in run-time is trivial compared to the difference in deployment time, ease of unit testing and debugging.

You sacrifice a run-time minimalism for flexibility, which again, greatly lowers deployment time. You don't have to reinvent the wheel for everything, and you can express your ideas in a succinct and clear fashion.

Not him but it's common sense if you know the first thing about programming. While Python can indeed be compiled to C via nuitka, there is a lot of overhead and no optimization

It also defeats the entire purpose. Also you're still just proving the point.
>I have need for X
>well you dont really need X so python is good enough!

Pythonfags are literal retards.

Again, good for you.
Every use case you have for a language is so niche and performance critical that even prototyping isn't viable with Python's standard library.

The language just isn't the tool for your highly specialized needs.

And that's my point. Python is fine, but people need to stop acting like it's always useful for everything. My needs aren't even that unique. Anyone that does low level or system programming has minimal use for python.

You would think that people on a technical forum understand this and they just use the best tools for the job, like technically adept usually do. But we have this discussion here daily, multiple times. Incredible

wiki.python.org/moin/PythonGames
look how many fucking games are written in python or big part of it

Does every car need to accelerate as fast as a Ferrari, and be as minimal as a formula one?

Python isn't built for high-performance use cases. You can get performance that's good enough for a huge variety of use cases with it, but it's not some magic, universal language that's the best choice for everything. That language doesn't exist, and anyone that acts like their favorite language is that is lying through their teeth.

C is unironically the best choice for everything except for brainlets who are incapable of using it properly.

It's a television, not a monitor

Man, I really hope you don't work on a team.

the things that you code in C in one week are one day in Python

But JS has classes.

i would love to see some of your epic C projects

Python is fucking shit. EVEN LUA performs better and is easier to use. C++ is far more usable and eons faster.
(mashes tab button 200 times to make 4 if() statements)

Sure, its this little thing called the unix kernel.

>(mashes tab button 200 times to make 4 if() statements)
?
>>> x = 0
>>> def start(x):
... if x == x:
... if x == x:
... if x == x:
... if x == x:
... print x

why the hell do you need more than if elif else in your code
are you a fucking nooby?

Closed PR or it didn't happen.

>Linux
>PR
pythonfags are so fucking dumb

No

you clearly have never done anything beyond "hello world" in any language
real-world control logic requires as many or more nested if() statements than you put in your pic

Requires? No. That's just how shitty pajeets write code

cringe

Basically any proof, on github, that your code actually gets integrated into linux.

>(mashes tab button 200 times to make 4 if() statements)
kek ever heard of IDE?

and you want to say that your actually work with real-world scale projects or just copy and paste them or modify theme?
imagine 1000 teams of pajeets coding those if statements for you to work with

Nobody creates new solutions in Perl and that makes it bad to find interesting jobs.

Uh, yeah sure m8 I'll just dox myself by showing you stuff I work on for my job at fb's kernel team

- Deployment across multiple system sucks without using something like pyenv.
- Performance of the language isn't scalable in and of itself, you need to use libraries written in C.
- Syntactic sugar lowkey ruins the "one way of doing things" mantra.
- GIL means you have a builtin bottleneck in terms of concurrent code execution. You can avoid I/O blocking but processing will always block.
- Mud can build a hut in a day, but it takes steel to make towers.
- Just because smart people use Python doesn't mean using Python makes you smart.
- At times the error handling merely yields unreadable stack unwinds with no meaningful message to what went wrong.

I actually like Python a whole lot though and suggest using it.

Alright, so let's get this straight:
You work for fb's kernel team, but you don't understand that different languages suit different needs, and you actively spend work hours (assuming you're in the U.S.) shitposting on Jow Forums about it.

>be intern
>have to setup system that takes test results and uploads them to jira in jabbascript
>jabbascript can suck my dick
>download python and write the script in 5 mins
>call python from jabbascript to avoid headache
>???
>profit

Attached: 1561527229194.jpg (1200x900, 142K)

Python is just a shitty scripting language. I understand the need for scripting languages but that niche has already been satisfied

Sorry buddy but you have to be intelligent to post here.
Lmao@frontendkiddies

kek, sounds comfy
>python IDE
i'll pass, i don't want to become gay

>be intern
>given opportunity to learn JS
>make a big pajeet mess instead
Based. You're not getting a return offer though

it's not a lisp dialect

get back to work, zuckerbro

Yup, the only things they give you is locks and queue. They advice against globals, so how are you gonna do a shared variables? Something I've tried to figure out for a long time.

i learn stuff like other languages and frameworks on my own time. i go to work to get shit done. everyone offloads their shit on me because meetings are more important obviously. also, i already got an offer. js sucks and i want to use it as little as possible.

>Python
>When you could be using superior Perl
$loling @ $you

python is literally made in C retard, it won't be able to compete vs C/C++ in terms of performance natively

>Js sucks
Yeah idk why Jow Forums needs to have such insecurities about this like /v/ does about consoles.

Not knowing Java can only hurt you.

facebook niggers are scare of me..... they believe that i can drop facebook by self, but they also said to me that i am not that important. too much incoherence in 2 years..... but i hope they delete all my persona data from their data base.....

Attached: super-saiyan-2-goku.jpg (1080x720, 55K)

but a comment relater to the threat. Python is the best. easy and powerful. :)

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 6K)