/spg/ - Smartphone General

Mi A3 is coming and so am I edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread
>> 71817236

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 7.20.11 PM.png (734x734, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k4S3tCuCKLk?t=236
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>JULY FUCKING 11TH
>STILL NO US DATE FOR THE ZENFONE 6

ASUS YOU MOTHERFUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
JUST GIVE US THE DATE

Attached: 1550312520756.gif (500x281, 1.57M)

>mi a3
i might learn to tolerate the meme rounded screen corners, but i swear to God if there's no easy built-in way to disable the notch (move the whole thing down, not just darken the 'ears'), then it can go straight in the fuckin garbage tbqhwy

If they actually do end up upgrading the SoC like the rumors say it would make the Mi 9T obsolete in a lot of ways. Nearly identical specs + expandable memory, stock Android, lower price, the only real downside being the notch.

My pocomeme is great 90% of the time but by God the last 10% is infuriating
>notification icons don't persist because of being cockblocked by xbox hueg notch
>can't paste text without formatting
>bug in debugging mode setting locks out Fortnite and FGO even if you switch it off
>theme randomly switching to night mode and back again with no actual night mode toggle in the settings
>GPS quick setting controls ONLY the GPS, doesn't control location settings
>native Android file manager hidden to force me to use the crappy Mi file manager
>the worst excuse for ""stereo"" speakers I've ever come across in a phone
>touch lag difference between edge of screen and centre STILL isn't fixed
>ads
I'm seriously considering selling it and just getting an OP6T or spending a little extra for an OP7 instead.

People will still buy the 9t for the meme pop up camera and no notch for sure.

the Redmi Note 5/6 and the Mi A2 had nearly identical specs as well, this is nothing new for them

The sweepstakes ends on the 15th, maybe they'll say something on that day or the following day.

Just decided to browse Jow Forums and would like to know you guys' opinion on the OnePlus 7 Pro

Any modern good smartphone that is no taller than 5.5 inches?

My Xiaomi Mi4c is dying and I can't find a good cheap replacement of the same size.
The Xiaomi mi6 is fucking expensive for its hardware.

I would buy one of those Xiaomi Mi 8 something if they were smaller.

What's a decent mid budget smartphone ($200-$600)? I'm in California, with T-Mobile.

A decent camera and up to date OS are the two things I'd really appreciate, but I feel like I'll probably have to settle for an average camera if I'm not willing to drop more cash.

essential phone, or any other phone thats 18:9 or greater ratio with a corner to corner screen size thats no bigger than 5.7"

Pixel 3a, have you been living under a rock?

i swear to fuck Californians are the dumbest fucking idiots

im really interested in A3 but also almost pulling the trigger on lg g7.

testing captcha buster

Attached: 1562875897603.jpg (402x394, 22K)

I buy a new smartphone every 3 years. Am I bad goy for not being up to date on the latest mindless consumer trends?

Yo that phone would be good for some creepshots

All jokes aside that screen ratio is fucking sexy and that battery, it's so big

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-192729_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x2280, 661K)

look how dope its notification LED will be

youtu.be/k4S3tCuCKLk?t=236

no notch and popup selfie camera would make this the greatest phone since the nexus 4

time when they show the notification led? i don't speak whatever language that was

how in the FUCK do you enable notifications for miui 10

3:55

damn that's dope

i'm definitely getting one for my next phone. checks every box for me

we both mate
white for me
what about u?

Is there anything special I have to do to go from cyanogen to lineage?
Or do I just repeat the process (basically) of installing cyanogen only with lineage.

Attached: 1562364033733.png (231x194, 22K)

Impressive Christmas led technology

If you are still on cyanogen it would be easier just to backup any APKs and files and do a clean install with LineageOS

Holy shit, what phone do you have that still has CM?
Yes, just do the normal wipes then install ROM, Gapps, Magisk

CC9e would be so damn nice, but they had to shit on it with 720p display.

Wait, actually, how do I go back to stock?
I don't think lineage is supported on this phone.

I already wiped it back to stock. cyanogen.

Mom's broken Xperia Z2, sitting in a desk for a while. I'm fixing it to play something with multiple phones. Turns out it was just the power button ribbon cable that was broken.
Also I have my old phone with cyanogen

no shit july 16 my fat ass...

I want the Xperia 1 but it's so stupidly expensive

Attached: 1562307959910.jpg (800x450, 62K)

I wanted headphones anyways so I thought of it as a $250 discount.
If I think about it, I've never owned headphones this expensive before. Even the Beyerdynamics weren't more than $200

My Lenovo Z6 Pro formats SD cards to FAT32. Any way I can make it format them to exFAT?

>Mi A3
Will it be able to run Asphalt9 in high setting at 60 Hz?
I think not!

Based Asus autist

>I'm seriously considering selling it and just getting an OP6T or spending a little extra for an OP7 instead.
No, don't, just learn to use your phone and then flash a custom ROM. I know you don't know what the fuck you're doing since you're getting ads.

>upgraded chipset
>730
>675
2017 called they want their 2nd rate parts back

Pixel 3a for sure, you're basically describing it.

I'm so fucking done with asus phones and them basically shitting all over their lineup after the Zenfone 3 series
>release like a bunch of phones
>stick to updates on highest end
>security updates lacking for MONTHS at a time
>legit issues and complaints and feeback over their 225-150 dollar line phones
>lol fixes coming
>1 year later no fix for camera quality/driver issues
>most still suffer from boot loopingon a high scale
>storage flash is still always shit
>battery life on their "max' range is dogshit for what it should be because all the asus bloatware (inb4 hur dur flash it)

Every damn time I gave up with the Zenfone M1 max because dogshit lack of updates, but the Zenfone 3 Max? still chugging and now better with the final update of 8.1, even the camera/battery life and all that shit is all better from that old shit.

>upgraded chipset
>730
>675
>2017 called they want their 2nd rate parts back
What second rate parts? The 675 supports 48 MP sensors, has single core performance on par with the 845 and can run the currently most demanding mobile game.

What's the best site to buy a phone from in Australia?

is there a continuously updated list of snapdragons and other arm chips, sorted by speed?

must be a pajeet

>The Snapdragon 675 was announced on October 22, 2018.
>The Snapdragon 730 and 730G were announced on April 9, 2019.

Typically AliExpress, use Kimovil to check if you have a specific phone in mind

Aw shit A3 hype, someone recommended me that one last thread, since I want either a tablet or another phone to replace my Redmi note 3 pro to separate my work stuff from my online shit.

I will probably snatch an a2 for 140 and call it a day
I'm not paying 250 for a phone, to fuck it up and drop it in two days
Rugged and cheap is the name of my game

ebay, literally 75% cheaper

A2 seems like its price went down.
Damn, it all depends on what's improved on A3 for me then, if it's not much I might just get an A2 as well.

Do you have to worry about telemetry or spyware with chinkphones?

Even if you flash the original rom from their website, can it still have malware on it?

Just don't install WeChat and you'll be fine.

>AMOLED over LCD
>Bigger battery
>Better processor
>under display fingerprint reader
>significantly better cameras

it's better in just about every way. At release it'll cost probably twice as much, but it'll come down. And you're getting another year of updates to buy the A3 new

to me A3 will 100% be worth it, but I can also see where A2 looks like a valid option. Make sure you get the 6 gb ram variant though, the 4 gb variant has issues with ram management. Or honestly just consider the redmi note 7 at that price point, it's better in every way except OS

Ordered a 1+7 yesterday
now I'm IMPATIENT AS FUCK

Just use a custom ROM as you should anyway. If it's with microG even better.

>where I live it's about 10% cheaper to buy a grey import OP7 with the reseller's markup than it is to buy an officially sold local OP6T
What the heck why are the local suppliers ripping us all off

in hong kong it's way cheaper to just go north of the border to buy OP7 in shenzhen and flash the ROM
they're being jews

"Dunnoman" is an anagram for "Dumn user". Coincidence? I think not.

I just got a Xiaomi A2 Lite and it's my first android phone, are there any recommended changes for this phone ?

b.but spg told me that pocophones are better than iPhones?

Android one is fantastic as is
Display size -> small

He doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. The retard couldn't have turned a few toggles off during the initial setup so he wouldn't see ads.

Is blokada good enough with system wide shit?

I want something that won't waste battery, won't need root and will block ads for apps that often have those. I heard using the adguard private DNS would work but I think I'd rather go with something like quad9

What about everything else on that list that isn't about ads?

Buy those apps and call it a day

The notification bar can be completely replaced so more notification icons fit and fit permanently with a single zip file.
About pasting text - I don't know what the fuck he's doing, but he should be using SwiftKey with a firewall. It's most likely keyboard software related.
He didn't say which specific developer setting is causing him issues, so - morning to really respond to. There's no need to even fiddle with this when the phone has the second best Snapdragon money can buy.
He most likely turned on automatic night mode without noticing. As I said, a retard. Can't even install a different file manager... He's also complaining about speakers on a fucking smartphone... They're all garbage and always will be garbage just due to physical size.
That about covers it.

So I asked the other day but got no answers, is there anything extremely wrong that I should know about the Mi Mix 3 5G before I pull the trigger?

GPS quick setting only controls location on my Huawei too, it's not that much of a bother to hold the icon for a second and turn it off proper

no custom shit for it

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime on T-Mobile. What's a good non-Chink under $200?

bought the Moto g7 power for $200 not too long ago. before buying this phone, check if it has a compass or nfc if you want those features. the phone I bought had neither of those features.

Do yourself a favor and get the Mi A2

>3000 mAh battery
>no micro SD card slot
>no headphone jack
>eMMc issues
Yeah no.

I've been rocking the Moto Jow Forums for years now and am looking to upgrade but I can't be arsed to spend a lot of dosh.
Is the Motorola One good?

Mi A2 Lite then

>Is the Motorola One good?
no
get the Mi A2, Mi A2 Lite, or the Mi A3 (will be announced today)

Why? Redmi Note 5 is better and can be had for under $200. For slightly more than that you can get the Redmi Note 7.

Any chance of the Mi A3 having a headphone jack?
I kinda need that.

Note 5 comes with MIUI which sucks ass
seems like the Mi A3 will have a headphone jack

>seems like the Mi A3 will have a headphone jack
Based, thanks

Attached: D_RLtfQU4AAzbBv.jpg:large.jpg (1024x512, 42K)

I said no Chink shit

everything under 200€ that's not Chinese (still manufactured in China ofc, just with a non-Chinese brand logo) is trash.

>Note 5 comes with MIUI which sucks ass
Yeah. But there are dozens of custom ROMs for it, so it doesn't matter.

GIVE
NOW

Attached: 1541538409899.png (298x279, 30K)

>The notification bar can be completely replaced so more notification icons fit and fit permanently with a single zip file.
You mean installing a hacky app with an overlay?

>About pasting text - I don't know what the fuck he's doing, but he should be using SwiftKey with a firewall. It's most likely keyboard software related.
no, MIUI's native selection menu does not have the the "paste as plain text" option that pretty much every other ROM does. Meaning that copy and paste text brings all the links and formatting with it.

>He didn't say which specific developer setting is causing him issues, so - morning to really respond to. There's no need to even fiddle with this
Switching on USB debugging mode for something as simple as debloating or giving battery stats permissions permanently flips some flag that games like Fortnite and FGO detect and then refuse to launch after, even if you switch it off afterwards. Google it, the bug has been there for months now and Xiaomi refuse to fix. No other ROM does this.

>He most likely turned on automatic night mode without noticing.
Global Stable doesn't even have user-facing night mode toggle, let alone an automatic night mode option. The retard devs did something that flips it on in the last OTA and since there's no user-facing toggle I can't flip it back off, plus it isn't even implemented properly because opening the settings menu freezes the phone for a second and then turns it back off but with all the icons changed to Classic defaults instead of the Poco icons.

>Can't even install a different file manager...
I don't want to clog up my phone with a different file manager, I just want to use the basic built in manager. What's wrong with that?

>complaining about speakers on a fucking smartphone
I'm complaining about the STEREO speakers. The phone was advertised as having stereo audio, but the earpiece speaker is so quiet that it may as well not actually exist.

>You mean installing a hacky app with an overlay?
Well, don't and feel free to keep dealing with bullshit the notch caused. Ain't no shit off my shirt.
>no, MIUI's native selection menu does not have the the "paste as plain text" option that pretty much every other ROM does
I don't remember that. Just try another keyboard, it doesn't cost you anything.
>Switching on USB debugging mode for something as simple as debloating or giving battery stats permissions permanently flips some flag that games like Fortnite and FGO detect and then refuse to launch after, even if you switch it off afterwards
Weird. I'm not playing either of those or any other games period.
>No other ROM does this.
Another argument for not dealing with MIUI's bullshit any more.
>I just want to use the basic built in manager. What's wrong with that?
I don't know, it being gimped and requiring every permission including the only one it really needs (read from storage). You have a micro SD card slot, one usable file manager isn't going to kill you.
>The phone was advertised as having stereo audio, but the earpiece speaker is so quiet that it may as well not actually exist.
This is why you use ViPER4Android.

just bought a mi 9 (did i fuck up?)

no, good choice
might wanna replace MIUI with a good custom ROM tho

kinda lazy and miui is pretty good i think. whats the biggest reason to switch? i dont care about botnets desu they can sell my soul

In terms of custom ROM compatibility, are the Mi Mix 3 and the Mi 9T good or bad?

The Mi A3 looks so good, it seems fishy
They have to fuck up in some way

if you're ok with MIUI it's fine, I think it's bearable too
I just like stock Android much better

Moto G7 Power, is over $200 but only just ($229 for the US unlocked or T-Mobile version, international version is cheaper but missing bands for T-Mobile)

MIUI Beta has permanent notification icons

crdroid best custom for the a2 lite?

There is still a decent chance the SoC upgrade rumors are complete bullshit and it comes with a 665/710.

How expensive is the Mi A3 gonna be.
want to spend £150 or less. Note 7 is still good, right?

Snapdragon 660 is dated as fuck