Hey bros, I just applied new thermal paste and thoroughly cleaned my 2011 macbook. Temps are noticeably down...

Hey bros, I just applied new thermal paste and thoroughly cleaned my 2011 macbook. Temps are noticeably down. I don't do this sort of thing very often so it feels so fucking good to not fuck it up. HNnggg

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 10.47.32 PM.png (377x216, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/hey-apple-dont-start-getting-sloppy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how do i unsubscribe

don't leave me user

nice job user

>2011 macbook

amazing it's still alive.

i've put in an ssd and had to replace the keyboard once. I love it a lot.. but can't wait to upgrade.

Peak Macbook

Attached: MB_Uni_2009_Bsd-n-RdPld.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

creamy thermal paste

I remember that the 2011 models in particular had thermal issues because of the paste they used and were using too much of it. I’m surprised you waited this long.

Good job bro.

I thought newer CPUs don't need thermal poop.

really? I used to have one and it fucking burned my hands after a while

zdnet.com/article/hey-apple-dont-start-getting-sloppy/

What is this girl's name?

Attached: 1457153662409.jpg (600x400, 48K)

you need thermal paste for any processor unless its low power enough to not produce enough heat to reach thermal limits

I dismantled my lap cause I had to clean the noisy cooler and I had to remove the cpu from the MB, the paste was dry and still attached and didn't add any after.
Is that ok?

these were the go-to macbook model when i was in high school and while they were super cool at the time and way nicer than most cheap windows laptops i was exposed to, they really weren't very good computers. i can't count the number of times people simply could not do something because their computer wasn't powerful enough because they were using an entry level macbook

penryn was a shit architecture, it produced shitloads of heat and was barely capable of keeping its meager speed without thermal throttling and you had an intel X3100. you would be amazed how many people tried to do video editing on them because 'its a $1000 computer, and a macbook, it should edit video just fine'

probably not, the thermal paste transfers heat from the processor to the heat sink. it's probably still making contact and transferring heat because otherwise your computer probably wouldn't turn on, but it's probably not doing that nearly as effectively as it could be. if you're seeing an improvement over what it used to be, then the old paste stopped being effective, but that doesn't mean putting new paste back on it wouldn't be better. what are your temperatures at?

49-51C

Michelle Obama

Renge "Ren-chon" Miyachi.

Did the same to my 2014 laptop over the weekend. Temps way down. It can turbo all core to 3.1 without throttling when it would throttle at base frequency before. To be fair, most of that was probably just from dusting out the heat sink.

Generally if I break the bond of the grease by lifting the heatsink, I will clean and apply fresh grease after, unless it's basically fresh and still wet.

I know but didn't have any paste left and was in a hurry.
Did I fuck up?
The thing was rock solid.

>Miyauchi
ftfy

Based, I hope it was my thread a couple days ago that inspired you to do it :)

She's gorgeous, source please?

kimberly brix

thank you user

No

been working for 6mo now