Stages of grief

>stage 1: shock
>stage 2: denial

stage 3 coming soon ™

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-102238.png (1945x2048, 1.36M)

Well, it *is* faster than 1.4 GHz in light tasks when CPU load comes in short bursts so turbo can activate.

Does any macbook ever run in 2 ghz

Because of the thermals

Also my shitty 200dollar hp can do 2.3 ghz with a simple line of bash code I wrote myself. What is this shit supposed to be?

I always feel like consoles and Apple computers compete over who can get the lowest CPU speeds.
Base PS4 was running at 1.6Ghz so Apple has the lead now.

Test

I can understand if the regular ass MacBook, or the MacBook Air has a low-power chip. Because, sure, that's the one you buy if you aren't actually going to do any work. You don't need a state-of-the-art processor to browse facebook.

But what the fuck are they doing putting that shit in their "pro" models? MacBook Pro is supposed to be for actually doing some fucking work, rendering, video editing, compiling, etc. What the flying fuck are they doing putting weak-ass processors in their Pro models?

that's a x86 trend desu

xbox 360 and ps3 are booth very powerful

the professionals of today are not like the pros of older times

diversity hires are more than 60% of hires in current times
apple is going to relese a line of products that enfazise the user's skin color
screencap this

wtf, even my phone has a higher base clock than that

Same, and my phone has 8 fucking cores compared to the 4 on that Mac.

While it is apple wankery and the thing will suck tremendously the responses in this thread concern me.
Has Jow Forums really forgotten that core clock isn't the only factor for performance?

I bet you will defend them when they start using 800mhz chips.

>entry level
>macbook pro

Attached: 1289624036664.jpg (372x409, 111K)

oh yeah that too, applel is a fucking joke

You'd be mad to buy a MacBook now when they are moving to based arm chips next year

they already did that, their "up to 3.2GHz" were effectively 800MHz

Attached: 368546040.png (942x810, 707K)

It doesn't have to run Winblows and Ubloatu in the background, so a lighter powered CPU is enough for the same tasks. I've been telling everyone Winblows sucks, but nobody seems to listen.

crap, wrong pic, meh works the same.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

itoddlers are parroting this since win98 desu

>unironically defending non-NT Windows

It’s not diversity hires, it’s the fact that the majority of programming is in web development (specifically JS) so the computing power isn’t needed.

>web development
>JS
>computing power isn't needed
Wow, that was retarded

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1560752292883.gif (500x491, 376K)

>Apple fans oh looks Macbook pro is cheap and faster than PC
>Actually, base Macbook is 1.4Ghz

Isn't that entry level MacBook Pro replacing the now dead MacBook which lacked the Touch Bar, Touch ID, more USB C ports and much better screen for the same price?

And it is still faster than anything 2.4GHz on Winblows
Winfaggots BTFO yet again

>build laptop entirely out of metal
>put extremely low TDP components in it
>still throttles more than every power-guzzling plastic chinkshit laptop on the market
How do they do it?

Did it work?

good thing users can easily install OSX on PC hardware if they are to special to use a real OS

@71845801
Not even deserving of a (You). Street shit harder iJeet.

They are not that powrful though. It's just that the games are extremely optimized even for cache lines.

Assuming the architectures are the same, clock speed and core count should be the major factors. 1900MHz / 4 core is fucking shit though (and within the frequency range of my radio scanners, so watch out applefags)

and yet they are still going to work better than what you virgins buy. This is sad

Apple want their devices to be thin, powerful and quiet.

Truly revolutionary from Apple™ as always

Well they got the thin part, but it prevents the other two.

It's pretty quiet when turned off so you gotta hand it to them

>thin
>powerful
>quiet
You can only pick 2

Older versions yes, but not the newer ones, or much harder than the old versions. You actually need to buy a Mac to get access to an instrall disk image, unless you like rootkits in your ass.

That was the implication, yes.

Attached: 1558391692972.png (521x402, 172K)

>That's a whole one point four BILLION clock cycles... in a single second. We are TREMENDOUSLY proud of our achievement and we really think you guys are going to love it
>Front row and paid woo crew burst into loud noises and preorders immediately go through the roof

pro like css

stage 3 is gonna hit you hard

Cache is more important than any of those thing for 90% of computer's usage
A cache miss takes you between 10 and 30 cycles of executio time.
Processor can be slow and hace low cores if it has good cache.
'oh but we have sp culative fetching and execution to avoid misses' yeah and then you find out your algorithm has a security flaw and it's patched out of 20% for each flaw.

try to have sex

stop having gay sex

>MacBook Air 13" (2018)
>shitty dual-core CPU
>1.25kg, 16mm thick
>41.8 dB maximum noise
>cooling system can handle 10W of CPU heat

>ChinkPad X1 Carbon (2018)
>decent quad-core CPU
>1.12kg, 16mm thick
>35.1 dB maximum noise
>cooling system can handle 23W of CPU heat

Just wait when the inevitable apologetics from AppleInsider cultists comes up

I'm interested in the bash code.

It's a 14 nm Skylake pos, we know what the ipc is.

They use a thin/cheap cooper pipe for the heatsink.
and the fans ONLY TURN ON AT 90°C and even then at the slowest RPM possible.

at this point, if you buy a MacBook your just plain retarded. simple as that.

I have the 2018 MBA. Most applications don't generate enough heat to spin the fans. Only some bigger games do that, but I use eGPU for that, I won't do any gaming on the go. That is for manchildren.
For work I only have to charge the thing once per day. Today I used up 40% of the battery, 35% for work (internet, downloading stuff, drivers etc..., writing and sending report) the rest of the 5% was spent listening to music, watching youtube vids and generic surfing on the internet. That was an entire day of use. That is a big difference from my ""old"" (3 years) PC laptop, where I had to put the thing on a charger after an hour of light diddling offline and the fan started spinning after 5 minutes of doing fuckall, more so, it was warming up during standby. Thank you, Dell XPS. Also the 1366x768 on the 15" screen was hurting my eyes.
The MBA was a huge change from that shitpile and in a good way. This laptop feels like it was designed to let you do your work. The PC laptops are designed to be your work when you switch it on, no matter what you want to use it for.

You're thanking apple for the fact that Intel's newer CPUs are more energy efficient. If it was really 1366x768 it sure as hell wasn't made in 2016.

It was always so

It's retina. I never said my MBA is 1366x768. Maybe you should practice reading english some more, Rashid.

Because no one will buy the actually useful models due to $7,000 price tags when you can get a similar specced windows laptop for $2000. I would definitely buy a MacBook if they weren’t so grossly overpriced and had better keyboards.

Either apple has a super compiler that can do -O4 or even -O5, or, the likely alternative, they eat ass and premium shit.

>bash
>code
Lol ok

>portable CPU has variable clock speed
OH HOW SHOCKING!!!
It's like you never seen a laptop before.

>1.4 GHz
* Laughs in Sandy Bridge *

Attached: i7-2630QM.jpg (320x320, 73K)

>the 1366x768 on the 15" screen was hurting my eyes
this is the most retarded fanboy shit written on this fucking site ever

fucking retard what hurts anyone's eyes are small stuff, not big

consoles are super cramped so they just put a blower and hope that it wont spin too fast

have you seen how atom is bloated

Back in business baby.

Attached: 1457220874986.jpg (3264x1836, 1.99M)

GLORIOUS TUALATIN

TUALATIN FOREVER

TUALATIN IN OUR HEARTS

based schizo

my i7 4770HQ macbook can keep 3GHz all core if not using the iGPU too much.

ijeets will defend this

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.24.51.png (2416x1564, 1.02M)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.25.50.png (2438x1594, 1.25M)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.26.49.png (2348x1244, 993K)

>applebench
>literally made by an apple fanboy
>optimized for whatever CPU or platform tim cuck pays the street shitter that makes it
Debunked years ago. Try again iJeet.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.31.28.png (1784x1654, 2.52M)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.39.01.png (1446x1326, 1.55M)

why were you banned user?

based satania poster

What is it with /v/ invading Jow Forums? There is no way the average Jow Forums users doesn't know how CPUs work.

And if you want to complain about Applel so badly, why not pick on the base SSD size or the forced memebar?

Thinking an ARM clockspeed and an x64 clockspeed are a one to one comparison is fucking stupid.

Pretending cahce size a speed will save you when you've got 1.4 ghz cores is fucking pathetic. Even server CPUs regularly run at 50% higher clockspeeds. My several years old budget acer has a celeron processor at 1.86. 1.4Ghz is embedded system tier. You should know better.

Wow! An abject idiot that thinks mac os is lightweight.

You must be in love with the latest Ryzen chips considering the massive cache you can shove up your ass. Too had they run above 3 Ghz. That's much too fast for you.

A low base clock with a high turbo is more energy efficient, which is absolutely critical for battery life.

>Pretending cahce size a speed will save you when you've got 1.4 ghz cores
Yes it will. That and general architecture and rest of the hardware. Ghz is one of the least relevant metrics for a CPU, especially when talking about base clock.

>My several years old budget acer has a celeron processor at 1.86. 1.4Ghz is embedded system tier
Because it's a fucking Celeron. I have an old ass HP with core su 9300 at 1.2Ghz from 08 and it was damn fine for tons of tasks. (even fucking light gaming) My current Core M is at 900Mhz and feels faster than muh desktops at 4,5Ghz+ unless the task requires long term loads.

Benchmarks will probably only show this thing better and worse than its user experience will be. If you do encoding on a laptop like this you're retarded.
If you measure stuff like loading web pages you'll just deceive.

It's faster than the nintendo switch!*

*Except in games

I don't know, these dumb asses don't understand how speed stepping works.

The SOC would be way faster in games given optimisation. It just doesn't make sense to port Witcher 3 on Metal for the couple dozens of people who want to play it on a laptop at 720p.

What the fuck do I even buy now when I just want a 12" Macbook refresh?

>Air with 256gb SSD costs 1,5k euros, is barely faster than 12" MB from 2017, has a fan and is much larger and fatter
>MBP with 256gb SSD costs 1,7k euros, is way more powerful than I would need, has a fan and is much larger and fatter
>iPad Pro with 256 SSD, pen and type cover is 1,6k euros, more powerful than any ultrabook, no fan, ligther and ... it's basically useless since it has no trackpad and limited software

Even if I were willing to take the micro and soft dick...
>Surface Pro 6 with 256gb, type cover and pen costs 1.5k euros, no fan and offers more options but typing on the cover moves the entire fucking thing making it useless for writing
>Surface Laptop 2 with 256gb, 1,3k euros for a fat MBA without modern ports but with alcantara which will look like shit in a few years.

>What the fuck do I even buy now when I just want a 12" Macbook refresh?
Any generic Acer. 10X the performance 2X the battery life. 100000000X more reliable keyboard.

>shit screen
No thanks, I tend to use my laptops with open eyes.

>macshit
>good screen
Good joke.

>16:10, 1200p with Resfx on 12", 400nits, decent colours
Yeah, I can live with that. Ain't a colour grader, friend.

bass

>1200p
>400nits
>decent colours
LOL NO
LMAO
iRetard actually ... if you believe that for anything besides the 15" Macbook pro
Even then you have to be lucky to get a decent screen and even luckier it doesn't spaz out after a year or two

Attached: apple shit.jpg (1200x800, 671K)

It's almost like people who perpetuate this meme are lying...

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1818x1578, 490K)

>>Air with 256gb SSD costs 1,5k euros, is barely faster than 12" MB from 2017

Holy shit are you wrong about that.
The ULV processors in the 12" were absolute garbage.

Is this before or after you put it in the freezer?

>4 core cpu has less than double the performance of a older 2 core cpu
>single core points when it's just a quick 3.9ghz boost vs 3.6ghz in the older one

Do your research, bruv. It's basically the same CPU with almost the same TDW, and Air even throttles faster because they fucked up the cooling completely (Air doesn't even have a fucking heat-pipe from the fan)

The T2 chip in the Air probably does more to overall performance increase (which is 10-15% for the complete system)

Why the fuck would you expect double performance for doubling the cores? 80-90% is the average, if anything it's surprisingly good for Intel to deliver much more performance and extra cores on same manufacturing process using the same architecture in the same power envelope.

>Thinking an ARM clockspeed and an x64 clockspeed are a one to one comparison is fucking stupid.
Welcome to Jow Forums.

is it faster than my 2011 thinkpad?

W-wait, you mean my Galaxy S2 overclocked to 1.4Ghz isn't just as fast?!