Apply to 50 companies for jr dev """"""""entry level""""" bullshit

>apply to 50 companies for jr dev """"""""entry level""""" bullshit
>keep getting ignored
>manage to get a few phone screens
>one of them accidentally let's it out that he was looking for my social media presence and couldn't find any and that its a huge red flag
Of course he didn't follow up with even a rejection email.

What the fuck?
Am I literally being denied a job for not having social media?

Attached: 1560072026586.png (317x350, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hw88MWoqenQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uwIk1UJ_AAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Am I literally being denied a job for not having social media?
It strongly indicates that you're a weird guy with no friends and that you're probably socially awkward.
Would you hire such a person for a work that requires teamwork?

not having social media presence is a major red flag in 2019. stalking social media is part of the hiring process. it catalogs your entire life in a way that's nearly impossible to fake.

>you can't get a job because you won't be a part of the botnet
HONK HONK

i only have linkedin and its fine
do you have a decent portfolio, you retard/

yea but if you don't have linked in you're FUCKED
its OVER

Looking for a job here
Is this real

Wow, I'm glad the company I landed a job at doesn't give a shit!

Yes and if you mention any botnet conspiracy during the interview you're gonna get labelled as a tinfoil hat and won't get the job

yes

stalking you when you're working for them

Give me the answer I want

I have a blog which is the first result when you search for my name. I think this helps make up for the fact that I don't have any social media profiles.

I mean as long as you have something to stalk. stacy from hr wants to know you're a real person and also ideally to see what you look like.

If you have references, made decent college thesis or noteworthy project, or got active git repo, I don't give two fucks if you got facebook or whatever.
But if you have none of those, I will be looking into social media as the next step, yes.
Oh and references don't need to be previous employers, volunteering or freelance is fine too.

First impression matters a lot. Your CV should contain enough information to convince the recruiter you would be good fit for the job, but not feel like you're filling. Always custom-tailor, don't make "universal" lists of everything you can think that stretches for over 2 pages.

Haha, this too. There's occasionally a peculiar candidate like that, it's amusing but not getting anybody hired.

Attached: wageslave life.jpg (500x500, 84K)

I help in the hiring process (as the tech guy) and can confirm: if the HR guy can't see your social networks you probably be ignored unless he is in a hurry or your CV is really attractive.

this is completely true, social media ghosts don't get jobs

Just think about it. 10 acceptable candidates for 1 position. Interviews take serious time. Everybody looks decent but you can't find anything about one guy. It could be a fake application for all you know. What's the harm in cutting it?

What the fuck are you guys talking about? Never had to deal with any of this lmao.
All of my employers only cared about: GitHub, personal website/blog, CV. Who the fuck cares about stalking your Facebook, are you sure you're applying for a software engineering job?

>has github, personal website, and blog
>what are you guys talking about
lol

Does that count as social media? If you call yourself a programmer but don't have a GitHub you don't deserve to get hired.

not him but those aren't social media, just ways to host and showcase your portfolio online. you are kind of expected to have those to some extent, or at the very least github.
compared to social media which is 100% for personal use. imo it's fucked if employers actually try to see how sociable you are (or at least you seem to be) before they even interview

What do you even do as a entry level dev?

t NEET

Attached: 1562608833063.png (1000x1343, 1.21M)

>requires teamwork?
I would hire him. clearly he is a nerd with obsessive behavior that will program like a fucking hamster. teamwork is overrated i dont need him chating with any coworker just fucking making those libraries happening, also he probably will follow the specification fore sure because other wise it would require to ask a coworker... and aint answering shit.

wade through thousands upon thousands lines of undocumented and poorly structured code in desperate attempts to fix vaguely described bugs

its over for you

Apply for a defense contractor, OP.
No social media is a HUUUUUGE plus to them. They have serious issues, especially with younger candidates, posting shit on Facebook that they shouldn't.

FBI, CIA, NSA, the big contractors like BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, Booz Allen, etc. all tell interns "don't post where you work on social media."
The number of kids that lose these internship opportunities to brag on social media is absurd.

It never even begin
But how do you produce value. I hear all this talk about code monkies being no skill labor and how easy it is to use libraries but nobody has told me how these people create revenue.

Take the Jow Forums programming roll chart for example. Green is something you can do within first weeks or a month. Yellow takes takes longer but one can create simple paint, encryption or pathfinding algos with ease after looking up the subject. Red is significally harder than yellow but not impossible.

Now, Iv seen people say code monkies cant solve the red ones so how are they able to generate any value? How do they contribute?

Attached: 1524557044844.png (1920x1080, 549K)

I once got hired at a place for an internship and was tasked with rewriting their most used application from the ground up.
They wanted to move to a new language, but none of the other developers there had any experience with it.

What?

DAILY REMINDER TO KILL ALL HR SCUM

It'd be fine for an IT gremlin you can lock away in a broom closet but not for a software dev who actually needs to work with others. Not having Facebook means you're either a "muh botnet" autist who's going to sperg out at every non-FOSS piece of software we use, or a plain old anti social autist who's not going to communicate well with others and who's going to want to do everything his way instead of cooperating. Basically it's not worth the risk when you have 50 other CVs on the pile

>facebook
The fact that their asking for a facebook is a redflag, do I need to use a site made legit for old people in order to get hired, like wtf?

No social media is fine but you should at LEAST have a LinkedIn or a personal website. Come on user.

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

How do jr devs or code monkeys produce value worth their salary?

Kill yourself hr shitbag before someone tracks you down and does it for you.

not being on facebook at all I could see being a red flag but what about being on facebook but not having an active profile? For example I am on facebook but my profile is pretty much empty besides my profile picture since I mostly use messenger to talk to people at my uni and whatnot.

I hate how linkedin is a facebook you literally need to be part of if you want a decent job

Attached: job interviews.png (680x393, 157K)

This is what is going on right now because of you.

Attached: The Ghost.png (763x391, 54K)

>pic
that's literally me

Maybe because some people rather call their friends and then actually spend time together instead of 'liking' and sharing stuff online.

pretty much witnessing this, fren

youtube.com/watch?v=Hw88MWoqenQ

How do they buy that info tho?

And you're attitude here clearly shows you aren't good at working with others
Point proven.

If there's no activity it's mostly the same as not having a profile at all

You will die like a bitch and be discarded in the woods for wild animals to feast on. Nobody will mourn you, because everyone hates hr scum. They will cheer your death.

larp
google and discord dont even sell info

Yes, because no one wants to hire school-shooting incels.

>one of them accidentally let's it out that he was looking for my social media presence and couldn't find any and that its a huge red flag
ya know, over here in germany you could report these type of cunts for discrimination. this is also the reason you should video record your skype video conferences to have proof in court.

>google and discord dont even sell info
decent b8

Attached: 1443384433036.png (740x720, 655K)

not
>for over 16 hours a day
and not
>sir, I dosen't appear that the suspect owns any type of phone

umm, wasn't there a whole scandal where they did sell info

It's like credit. No credit can be worse than bad credit.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm implying with that post.

link

Would GitHub for repos, LinkedIn for my work info and small personal website count as social media?

youtube.com/watch?v=uwIk1UJ_AAs

It seems that it's the case.

Just create a fb profile and post some cats and some shit as neutral as it gets and you'll pass as a normalfag.

It works for me.

not gonna spend 16 minutes watching that tldr

>green, yellow, red
what a dumb choice of colours
some of us are colourblind

Just go to the 8 minute marking point or if you want
>fake companies can buy from discord

still not doing it

>>one of them accidentally let's it out that he was looking for my social media presence and couldn't find any and that its a huge red flag
>i dont waste time with social media because it negatively affects my productivity

Fuck boomers.

why do i need github if i program alone most of the time

to get hired.
just slap out some projects and its fine

100% not true.

I can only imagine shitty startups full of millennial retards thinking this is in any way true.

You can get a seldom used and heavily curated LinkedIn profile and a resume with professional references from me, if you think you need more than that then you clearly aren't actually interested in hiring people as skilled professionals, but rather as your retarded goon squad, so you can hard pass me at any time.

Based job market keeping weebs unemployed and broke!

Attached: image.jpg (174x250, 38K)

i been a jr code monkey for 4 years now

Are references outside of the industry ok? My moms bf was a exec for a regional franchise of a very well known company. Does that count for anything?

we're basically in China's social credit system, it's just less explicit.

>keep weebs out of job market
>they stay on welfare
>lie about having autism to get more welfare
>spend welfare on imported anime figures that don't support the local economy
good job boomers

Fix bugs written by seniors

weebs definitely are not kept out of the market.
My coworker has various anime stickers on his desk.

u will naver make it

lol i don't use github and i have no problem getting clients. you're a useless idiot.

i like idiots like you. you make it easy for me to avoid working at a company that makes incorrect assumptions about people. it's like we're self-filtering and i get to filter out shitbags like you and the retarded companies you represent.

the only point it proves is that he is able to immediately identify a retard when he sees one, and realizes he's not going to get anything constructive done with a narrow-minded nitwit like you. i'd hire him.

Money doesn't smell.

Getting hired != getting clients. Don't be a retard.

>he was looking for my social media presence

Maybe you shouldn't have been applying to marketing jobs.

>mfw marketingfag without social media
>got excellent grades but never got hired because I'm not a normalfag
>consider suicide daily

Attached: 1537598154157.jpg (500x500, 104K)

Genuinely and meaning no offense, but what were you thinking?

Modern USA is just China but created by corporations instead of the state.

>did pretty good in highschool
>didn't know exactly what I wanted to do
>interested in brands and shit
>figure I'd become confident in time as I studied and throw myself into the job
>studies never fostered confidence
>never learned to network
>graduate with honors and no jobs
>NEET for years since
I'd recommend anyone who doesn't know exactly what they want to do within the last 6 months of highschool to take a year off after graduating.
Even if you're a hard worker, even if you just want to push on, it's not worth it.
You unwillingness to drop out will just make you waste more of your life and then feel like a piece of shit when you don't become the person you needed to be.

I call bullshit. How did you acquire 'phone screens' from random hr guys you don't know?

I don't know, blowing away a potential worthy candidate just because?

>GitHub, personal website/blog, CV.
Jow Forums doesn't have any of these, then they bitch that they should just be able to prove their skills at the interview, then they bitch about the whiteboard tests to prove their skills. what they really want is someone to just hand them a job and work out the kinks later.

Not a single colleague of mine has a github or a blog. We also wouldn't take one with either, because we hire normal people and not unsociable nerds.

Thanks for the larp dude, but nobody's gonna buy it. Time to work in the real world bud.

I have no social media but still got an interview and impressed them with a smile and charm (also a real good act of being social face to face). However the guy literally asked me for my github so he can take a look at my code because it was not present on my CV.

I am not larping, but i also don't live in the us.
Most of the guys in my department are programmers as a job and not as passion.

>Most of the guys in my department are programmers as a job and not as passion.
You're a code monkey, then. Gotcha

A well paid code monkey.

Still doesn't reflect an actual software engineering job. Even the most autistic neckbeards in my workplace have GitHubs because it's just... Something you have, to work on personal projects or for the workplace. Of course you're not gonna have a GitHub if you just write the things you're told by the higher ups and go home and drink

I don't care as long as I am well paid. Imagine working for free after getting home.

The best part about it is that there are no pajeets, woman or weirdos in my department. Pretty comfy to just go home after work and not having to program anything.

That's the difference between being a code monkey and being a software engineer. A code monkey looks at programming like something he toils at in the workplace and goes home to, well, not toil. A software engineer usually has personal projects they work on for fun. If you just learned how to program to make money of course you're gonna hate it. If you got a programming job because you were actually interested in programming then you'll probably not work on as many personal projects but you'll still work on something, for yourself.

When did I say I hated programming?

>Imagine working for free
You're implying that you look at programming outside of work as, well, work, even if it's for yourself, as something you do as a personal project.