/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Xavier Evans
Xavier Evans

Welcome to /fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread.

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about Windows and share their experiences.

This is NOT Windows vs any other OS thread.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Windows Thread ***

Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips and tricks that make your life with Windows (more) bearable (or even pleasant).

Paste: rentry.co/fwt

Infograph: s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1562/46/1562467997749.png

Last thread: jowforums.com/thread/71807757/technology

Attached: win1.0.jpg (254 KB, 1449x1440)

Other urls found in this thread:

intowindows.com/how-to-disable-auto-or-adaptive-screen-brightness-in-windows-10/
rentry.co/ltsc_optimize
pastebin.com/raw/xALCVZA7
github.com/aaronparker/LatestUpdate
microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
m.put.re/U86hXhYo.zip
software-download.microsoft.com/download/pr/17763.1.180914-1434.rs5_release_CLIENT_LTSC_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us.iso
pastebin.com/raw/N8ex9kfJ
msdn.rg-adguard.net/public.php?seach=Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019&str=100
windowscentral.com/how-change-default-system-font-windows-10
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions
computing.net/answers/windows-2003/windows-server-2003-indicated-that-no-hard-drive-found/11349.html
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
stardock.com/products/windowblinds/
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-17763-rs5-theming.78206/
open-shell.github.io/Open-Shell-Menu/
jowforums.com/thread/71872345/technology

Bentley Harris
Bentley Harris

Windows is big gay

Jason Miller
Jason Miller

still no pastebin with links

Eli Gray
Eli Gray

LTSC/B

Jacob Morris
Jacob Morris

but user, there is a paste in OP, although indeed not pastebin

Nathaniel Turner
Nathaniel Turner

LTSC, it has dark explorer and fixed the stupid file name centering bug

Tyler Foster
Tyler Foster

Which version of Windows have proper patch for ryzen 1 based CPU?

Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross

1903, so the LTSC doesnt

John Nguyen
John Nguyen

How much is Micdosoft paying you OP? Is Microsoft paying Jow Forums too? They better be!

Caleb Nelson
Caleb Nelson

Whats going on with my mouse???
When I finish playing a game and come back to Windows my mouse doesn't work until I click it, ie I can wiggle it around all day long and the cursor doesn't move but as soon as I click either button its back to normal. Its not really a huge issue im just curious as to whats causing it, Some sort of power saving feature putting my mouse into idle mode or something? Its an mx-518 from about a decade ago and this has only started happening recently.
Windows 10

Luis King
Luis King

Use regular Enterprise or Education

Asher Baker
Asher Baker

Why would Microsoft pay someone to give anons tips how to pirate their products the best?

Christopher Rivera
Christopher Rivera

Maybe the game locked your mouse position when playing and it thinks it's still locked to the game until you clicked it?

Parker Martin
Parker Martin

Microsoft would rather you pirated windows than use an alternative.

Jason Hernandez
Jason Hernandez

This has only started happening recently though and it does it with anything that runs full screen.
Wolfenstein, Doom, Forza 4 and Entropia.

Juan Diaz
Juan Diaz

Did you update Windows or your graphics drivers recently? Both of those change fullscreen behavior pretty often.

Samuel Williams
Samuel Williams

I update both a couple of days after any update is made available, so yeah both where updated fairly recently.
Like I said, its not a huge issue, no problem at all in fact, I just thought it was odd and the only reason I can think of is turning off the laser to save a bit of power, though that seems excessive.

Jason Clark
Jason Clark

LTSC has support for zen/zen+, zen support was official in 1703, no idea on zen+
You "need" 1903+ for zen2
With all that out of the way I used 1607 until 1809 was released on a 1700x just fine.

Ethan Stewart
Ethan Stewart

by proper patch i assumed the updated scheduler

Juan Foster
Juan Foster

Why does not my hdd caddy work in windows?
It is detected in BIOS

Oliver Miller
Oliver Miller

Attached: 1561744635989.jpg (61 KB, 812x1024)

Zachary Robinson
Zachary Robinson

everybody is a paid shill but me
USE THIS HALF FINISHED RIPOFF OF A 50YO OS

Asher Foster
Asher Foster

How the fuck do I disable auto brightness? I can't see any option in the settings or in the battery plan options. I'm using W10 Pro

Justin James
Justin James

I didn't even know that's a thing. Probably my laptop doesn't have light sensor.
Anyways, try this:
intowindows.com/how-to-disable-auto-or-adaptive-screen-brightness-in-windows-10/

Brody Murphy
Brody Murphy

Is it set hot-swap/eSATA/whatever the fuck your BIOS calls it?

Did you miss pic related?

Attached: Enable-or-Disable-Adaptive-Brightness-in-Windows-10.png (4 KB, 429x274)

Samuel Jackson
Samuel Jackson

I can't see that option

Attached: Screenshot-(6).png (560 KB, 1920x1080)

Ian Adams
Ian Adams

Then your laptop lacks a light sensor.
Which is completely wack, it shouldn't be changing the brightness without your permission without one.
Are you sure it's not the Battery Saver mode that's changing your brightness?

Anthony Robinson
Anthony Robinson

I'm using the recommended by HP (yea, I know, HP) but it doesn't show anything about brightness

Attached: Screenshot-(7).png (181 KB, 1920x1080)

Luke Jackson
Luke Jackson

1507, 1607 LTSB or 1809 LTSC?

Ryan Martin
Ryan Martin

(Checked)
Yeah, my one's the same. The adaptive settings used to be in the Control Panel, but moved in (I think) 17763 to the Settings app.
Try this:
Open Action Centre (that shit with a (2) on it on the right side of your taskbar),
Right click Battery Saver, click Go to Settings,
Poke around in the options on that panel.

Luis Lee
Luis Lee

1809 has dark explorer, fix for the stupid filename centering bug, a but less mixing between settings and control panel

Bentley Green
Bentley Green

I only care about stability

James Stewart
James Stewart

stupid filename centering bug
I keep hearing about this. What is it? I've used pretty much all the different versions of 10, and never noticed it.

Samuel Cooper
Samuel Cooper

Changed something in the Intel video settings and stopped. It seems like it starts doing it after I disconnect the charger. Thanks

Carson Mitchell
Carson Mitchell

in large / medium icons view on 1607 the filenames (which are supposed to be centered like pic related) are aligned to the left and look retarded. it was never fixed in LTSB 2016

Attached: explorer-3wlFqly5Ls.png (2 KB, 89x135)

Elijah Smith
Elijah Smith

all LTSB / LTSC editions are fairly stable.
Server editions are based on these.

Jaxson Foster
Jaxson Foster

I should have fucking known. Fucking drivers are always doing barely or un-configurable shit behind Windows' (and the users') back.

Jason Miller
Jason Miller

Ahh. I only ever use Details view (unless I'm in a folder that thumbnails are useful i.e. Pictures or Videos), and have had desktop icons switched off since about NT 4.0.

Blake Rogers
Blake Rogers

i wish microsoft enforced even higher driver quality standards than they are doing now

Jonathan Russell
Jonathan Russell

Sam drivers and in it Snappy for drivers update
Monitor calibration QuickGamma but Iwish if theres an automatic one or icc profiles creator

Lucas Martinez
Lucas Martinez

There is a tool called W10UI made by abbodi1406 on mydigitallife forum, it can be used to integrate newest updates and .NET Framework 3.5 into the install.wim offline image from LTSC 2019 .iso, i recommend to do this before using Optimize-Offline.
For a live installation WPD.app is good, but it's a lot better to debloat offline images than already installed systems.

Andrew Walker
Andrew Walker

WDP seems pretty sketchy, where are the sources? I wouldn't recommend it

Robert Moore
Robert Moore

WDP seems pretty sketchy, where are the sources? I wouldn't recommend it
Sources are on their discord server, you have to write to Barnacle or Vegetorius there.

Oliver Garcia
Oliver Garcia

isn't integrating updates yourself shitty, same as installing them later, unlike how microsoft does it?

Ayden Hill
Ayden Hill

Oh cool, i always thought it's closed source.
Wonder if the license lets me make a less shitty app for it

Kayden Hernandez
Kayden Hernandez

I'm liking LTSB so far, only quirk is a security update (KB4507460) got stuck at 95 percent. This somehow caused Windows to start writing something to disk at a constant high rate. In just a day it wrote about 1 TB of data to my SSD before I caught it. Downloading the cumulative update and installing it fixed it.

Alexander Bailey
Alexander Bailey

isn't integrating updates yourself shitty, same as installing them later, unlike how microsoft does it?
Microsoft did the same with the "refreshed" .iso images.
Instead of installing Microsoft's re-released 17763.316 February refresh .iso of LTSC 2019 you could make your own .iso with newest updates pre-integrated (build: 17763.615) + .NET Framework 3.5 pre-integrated and DISM cleanup of update backups performed.
The W10UI is fully Open Source just like KMS_VL_ALL (another abbodi1406 tool) and Optimize-Offline (install.wim optimization script by DrEmpiricism aka. GodHand from mydigitallife).

Here's the recommended procedure: rentry.co/ltsc_optimize

Robert Phillips
Robert Phillips

hm, didn't know that, thought microsoft did something better than the lazy way

Justin Robinson
Justin Robinson

I'm curious, so the procedure is extracting the older version of LTSC (en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958) and adding updates to that one?

Michael Hernandez
Michael Hernandez

I'm curious, so the procedure is extracting the older version of LTSC (en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958) and adding updates to that one?
Yes, it's the best to download the original EVAL .iso and rebuild the original MVS 17763.1 .iso using the SVF patch from MEGA, then integrate all the newest updates to it using W10UI, all the experienced members of mydigitallife forum always told me that it's the best to work on the 17763.1 as a base, never use refreshed .iso images for offline customization, always use the base builds that end with .1

Andrew Howard
Andrew Howard

Aight, many thanks. Now to find em updates.

David Gomez
David Gomez

Newest 1809 updates (17763.615) for x64: pastebin.com/raw/xALCVZA7

Asher Gray
Asher Gray

There is also a github script for that, so you don't have to search for updates manually: github.com/aaronparker/LatestUpdate

A module to retrieve and download Windows 10 current updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog

Samuel King
Samuel King

friendly windows
From my experience Windows users are anything but friendly. The only people worse are the hardcore linux users, especially the Arch variant.
–––––––––––––––––––
posted from my MacBook Air laptop

Elijah Walker
Elijah Walker

From my experience Windows users are anything but friendly. The only people worse are the hardcore linux users, especially the Arch variant.
–––––––––––––––––––
posted from my MacBook Air laptop
I have both the Mac and desktop PC with Windows 10 LTSC 2019, what now?

Josiah Ortiz
Josiah Ortiz

Shit, didn't know it was that easy. Again many thanks

Grayson Scott
Grayson Scott

want to install windows from Microsoft imagine through my university.
download iso
write to flash drive
pc won’t boot it
no idea why
think it’s because I wrote to it using Linux
try to write the image using windows
no non shit software available to write iso to flash drives on windows
give up on that
try to write it to a DVD
it’s too large o fit on the DVD

Right now I’m making a recovery of my windows install on my laptop and I’ll try to use that to install windows on my desktop. Then I’ll switch the activation code to the new one. Hopefully my pc can actually boot the recovery USB otherwise I’m fucked.
Is it supposed to be this hard?

Oliver Lewis
Oliver Lewis

what is Rufus

Attached: rufus-process-completed.png (12 KB, 418x608)

Eli Young
Eli Young

Btw I also wrote the iso to a ssd in case it was a problem with the flash drive/ USB ports but that wasn’t the case. The iso didn’t come with any instructions to idk how it’s supposed to be installed

Jack Wood
Jack Wood

Thnx bro I’ll try that if the recovery doesn’t work out

Jonathan Rodriguez
Jonathan Rodriguez

I've never had any issues burning Windows to USB or DVD. See: microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool and try that out. I can't remember if Rufus works or not for Windows ISOs but you could try that too.

Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

I can't remember if Rufus works or not for Windows ISOs but you could try that too.
It does, i have used Rufus since forever to create bootable USBs with Windows.

Connor Foster
Connor Foster

OP, please include my LTSC 2019 x64 Offline Imaging and Optimization Guide: rentry.co/ltsc_optimize

I will be updating it when necessary.

Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson

Rufus is pretty much the go-to if you want no problems with that. I just wish other OSes had a tool like this specifically for Windows ISOs, always had trouble with that stuff.

Evan Reyes
Evan Reyes

Wait, you can't download .isos from Microsoft directly anymore?

Xavier Diaz
Xavier Diaz

Wait, you can't download .isos from Microsoft directly anymore?
Only the consumer .iso images are available, while the business/enterprise .iso images are not publicly available, they are only available for those who pay for the MVS or VLSC subscription ($2000 monthly or so).

Jacob Baker
Jacob Baker

Do you have to use their media whatever tool?

Ian Lee
Ian Lee

rufus worked well. Thanks again.

Any other tips, guys? I haven't used windows regularly since 5 years ago

Attached: yee.png (1.7 MB, 2560x1080)

Gabriel Wood
Gabriel Wood

What is the best way to backup your C drive in case it suddenly corrupts? Just clone to an external SSD and refresh the backup frequently?

Isaiah Scott
Isaiah Scott

Copy paste folders

Jordan Barnes
Jordan Barnes

Should I install W10 on my SSD or HDD? SSD is only 240GB.

Jackson Harris
Jackson Harris

Well depends what else you plan to store on the SSD but as a general rule I'd say put it on the SSD - really won't take that much and will make everything noticeably faster.

Colton Cruz
Colton Cruz

SSD, i also have 240 GB one, my optimized LTSC 2019 boots in just a few seconds, i will never come back to HDD.

Jaxson Powell
Jaxson Powell

I know that boot times are considerably faster but is the system performance altogether that much faster?

Jack Richardson
Jack Richardson

Enjoy your botnet retards

Jace Murphy
Jace Murphy

I know that boot times are considerably faster but is the system performance altogether that much faster?
Yes, the entire UWP framework loads a lot faster on SSD, while on HDD it can take ~6 seconds to open UWP app, even the "Settings" app.

Lincoln Wilson
Lincoln Wilson

I have a ryzen 5 1600, I'm I better off switching to regular windows, from LTSC 2019?

Attached: Garie-Laugh.gif (80 KB, 237x456)

Cameron King
Cameron King

thanks I will.

Jace Walker
Jace Walker

I assume the answer is no, but can I have multiple bootable windows on the same pen USB drive?

Connor Robinson
Connor Robinson

No.

Noah Collins
Noah Collins

Another question. My current Windows is installed on a HDD that I plan to reuse, since I'm not installing new Windows on it I don't have to format, is the old installation of Windows on the HDD easy to remove?

Carson Hughes
Carson Hughes

thanks for that mate, but where do you get that win 10 dism.exe if you got win7?

Carter Diaz
Carter Diaz

thanks for that mate, but where do you get that win 10 dism.exe if you got win7?
Try this: m.put.re/U86hXhYo.zip

I've extracted the original DISM and Oscdimg from Windows 10's 1809 build ADK - should work.

Jaxon Young
Jaxon Young

I've just updated the guide considering this.

Grayson Perry
Grayson Perry

Any supplementary tools I can use with Kodi?

So far I've got Launcher4kodi and Tiny Media Manager. I'd like something that might make alternative content like Anime easier to scrape.

Eli Lopez
Eli Lopez

In how many botnet layers am i falling using musicbee as my music player

Ian Jackson
Ian Jackson

Your guide is a neat user, planning to move from Arch to Windows because of it (unironically), pretty straightforward process, hope you keep updating it forever.

Jace Stewart
Jace Stewart

Your guide is a neat user, planning to move from Arch to Windows because of it (unironically), pretty straightforward process, hope you keep updating it forever.
Thanks. I used to work as a sysadmin years ago, but i was optimizing and deploying Windows images using proprietary tools, i've recently found very nice Open-Source alternatives to do the same, so i was thinking about creating such a guide for quite some time already.

Julian Hernandez
Julian Hernandez

thanks a lot d00d, now my iso is being built but how do you enable these switches in the ps1 file?
t. not Jow Forumsentooman

Jackson Hill
Jackson Hill

You seem like you know what you're talking about, having an issue with Optimize-Offline where i can't select more than one item for removal, is there something else i need to press for "select" besides double clicking

t. Absolute fucking retard

Attached: Optimize-Offline.png (74 KB, 1011x518)

Julian Green
Julian Green

thanks a lot d00d, now my iso is being built but how do you enable these switches in the ps1 file?
Which switches? Do you mean registry tweaks? Edit the .ps1 file with Notepad++ and search for "#region Registry Optimizations." (without quotes), there you can remove whole reg tweaks or add your own following the pattern:

HKLM:\WIM_HKCU\SOFTWARE\ is the registry mount path of \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\
HKLM:\WIM_HKLM_SOFTWARE\ is the mounted registry path of \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\
etc, etc
If you're looking for particular useful registry tweaks, tenforums.com is full of them (check their index), just replace the real path with the mounted path and follow the patterns, easy.

Easton Rivera
Easton Rivera

You seem like you know what you're talking about, having an issue with Optimize-Offline where i can't select more than one item for removal, is there something else i need to press for "select" besides double clicking
t. Absolute fucking retard
You have to press & hold the left Ctrl button on your keyboard while clicking on multiple values with left mouse button.

Liam Jenkins
Liam Jenkins

Thanks fren

Attached: reimu-84.jpg (34 KB, 550x600)

Brandon Ramirez
Brandon Ramirez

I followed this guide to a T, installed it and it's fucking perfect. Thanks man.

Camden Rivera
Camden Rivera

Some shit is alright even closed source. Not everything is spying you 24/7, it's fucking fine.

John Bennett
John Bennett

Check out your Intel Graphics settings, there is a submenu in the profile settings for that. Had the same issue driving me nuts on my T480.

David Turner
David Turner

Ok thanks dude

Leo James
Leo James

What's a decent image viewer that's not any of the two on the infograph?

Justin Powell
Justin Powell

Guide updated to include this info.

Attached: okey.jpg (28 KB, 499x499)

Jaxson Peterson
Jaxson Peterson

How do I activate Windows 2019 LTSC?
I'm in the evaluation period right now.
I have a key but every time I tried to activated it says "The product key you entered didn't work".
Wat do gee?

Attached: 1472996861977.jpg (114 KB, 576x720)

Angel Wood
Angel Wood

You've installed EVAL (demo) version - it's impossible to activate in any way, unless you convert EVAL to Volume (hard to do that on already installed system) or format and install the proper Volume version.

Levi Russell
Levi Russell

And where can I get a volume iso?
There's a torrent on IPT, will the iso in there work?

Julian Barnes
Julian Barnes

maybe, 1903 apparently has a scheduler update that makes ryzens faster

Elijah Robinson
Elijah Robinson

It's explained in the OP's rentry.co guide and also in mine's optimization guide - you have to download the source .iso and SVF patch, then you run the SVF patch next to the source .iso and boom - original volume .iso with original hashes is created.
I wouldn't trust some random .iso images from torrent sites, unless you're 100% sure that the hashes of them are original from Microsoft.

Robert Reed
Robert Reed

that depends.
if you want to delete the secret partitions to use as storage, you'll need a gparted live usb to shift left the remaining one (this causes a read and write of the whole partition, takes some hours) and expand

Jace Robinson
Jace Robinson

updated the paste to include a link to it for now, thanks user, if i'm making the next thread i'll include it

Jackson Evans
Jackson Evans

Why does Windows murder my hard drive every time I start up and why is the diagnostic tools so bad?

Task Manager says I am reading at 686 KB/s but there is clearly over 4 MB/s shown in the Resource Monitor.

The computer is unusable for at least 10 minutes every time I start up. I've tried all the fixes Google can suggest.

I have a WIndows 10 installs on other computers. One with an SSD and one without. Neither as as bad as this.

Is this fixable through software or do I just buy an SSD and start over?

Attached: WTF-Windows.png (77 KB, 1884x617)

Connor Smith
Connor Smith

It's also worth mentioning that WPD, ShutUp10 and other privacy tools should not be used on properly offline optimized image; for instance Optimize-Offline script modifies registry values of telemetry group policies (without changing gpedit.msc API switches), while WPD checks only gpedit's API switches and it can mess things up in this case.
Should make a note that such privacy tools should be only used on untouched clean installation.

Nicholas Evans
Nicholas Evans

I wouldn't trust some random .iso images from torrent sites?
And why would you trust the SVF patch?
Where can I see the source code?

Attached: 1472996928154.png (491 KB, 650x698)

James Flores
James Flores

compare the hash of the resulting ISO

Jeremiah Watson
Jeremiah Watson

n-nya, anons... why do u not use macOS???? obviously if u want to be productive you need to use the most chad operating system out there (macOS) and wear your programming attire (programming socks, buttplug, and bra).

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-07-12-at-2.32.19-PM.png (3.07 MB, 1921x1080)

Jaxon Perry
Jaxon Perry

So I download a evaluation iso direct from microsoft and I run the SVP patch for that version and I get a volume iso, is that simple?

Jordan Brown
Jordan Brown

I know this is the Friendly Windows Thread and all, and I will kindly you ask you for not posting that again. And if that doesn't work, please yiff in hell.

Cooper Brooks
Cooper Brooks

Sasuga macfag, absolute degenerate.

Nolan Adams
Nolan Adams

yes.

Easton Martin
Easton Martin

I cant get LTSC to start running installation on ryzen3000 , it just goes to error code 0xc0000428

Jayden Nelson
Jayden Nelson

Currently on Win7 Pro, been using this install for 10 years now and thinking of installing Win10 LTSC on another hard drive and dual booting.. Is there any potential for one OS install to screw up the other?

Adrian Gonzalez
Adrian Gonzalez

A lot. As a first step make sure your bios is set to either BIOS/Legacy or UEFI mode and definitely not BIOS+UEFI mode, because not identical types will cause serious fuckup.

Jonathan King
Jonathan King

How do I add a command line application to my PATH, but still have it load its things in its installation folder?

For example, I have a.exe on C:\dir, and has to load C:/dir/file on execution, but when I add it to my path and call it from any other folder like C:\dir2, it tries to load C:/dir2/file instead of C:/dir/file. I want it to always load from C:/dir/file.

Attached: aafd.png (452 KB, 975x330)

Christopher Fisher
Christopher Fisher

So I just execute the patch in the same folder as the iso?

Attached: 4434.png (22 KB, 1920x1040)

Isaac Garcia
Isaac Garcia

you can make a script that sets its own location as path, runs the program, then restores the path.

Jaxon Brooks
Jaxon Brooks

yes.
you can also just unpack the actual SVF from the exe with 7-zip and use the tool linked in the paste to apply it.

Alexander Anderson
Alexander Anderson

Wouldn't that prevent the program from taking input files from other folders?

Aaron Jackson
Aaron Jackson

yes it would. in case you need that, then you're stuck because the program is written in a shitty way

Mason Morales
Mason Morales

So I just executed it and it didn't give me another iso, is that normal?
Now I just use rufus to get the iso into a usb and that's all?

Josiah Bell
Josiah Bell

This is a meme general made solely to spite the other thread, fuck your "friendly" shit

Jaxon Mitchell
Jaxon Mitchell

I'm pretty sure it's just me trying to make the program do something it isn't meant to, because I'm too lazy to type the full path to the input files, and I also don't want to keep moving the program around.

Joseph Murphy
Joseph Murphy

i don't think thats normal, it should drop an iso. in that case try downloading the tool linked in OP paste, extract the .svf from the .exe using 7-zip, and use it with the tool

William Myers
William Myers

Which tool?
I already extracted the svf file with 7zip.

Attached: 423.png (97 KB, 1920x1041)

Robert Torres
Robert Torres

You have wrong EVAL my friend - that's why it's not working, for this SVF patch you need this EVAL .iso:
17763.1.180914-1434.rs5_release_CLIENT_LTSC_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us.iso

Alexander Harris
Alexander Harris

There's a direct link to the right EVAL in my guide: rentry.co/ltsc_optimize
You can't use 17763.107 EVAL with 17763.1 SVF patch together.

Jeremiah Russell
Jeremiah Russell

the one under >this< its worded badly, it is for extracting the iso *from* the svf file, by combining it with the source iso

Jaxon Davis
Jaxon Davis

Even if I have Win7 on one ssd and buy another ssd for Win10? Can't I just set it to Legacy BIOS+UEFI boot mode?

William Evans
William Evans

Really wanted to give Winblows a chance but I keep getting this error in the moment I spam f11

Attached: 20190713-195909.jpg (3.24 MB, 3456x3456)

Levi Powell
Levi Powell

software-download.microsoft.com/download/pr/17763.1.180914-1434.rs5_release_CLIENT_LTSC_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us.iso
That's the version I need right?

Jayden Wilson
Jayden Wilson

it will work all fine as long as the two installations have matching type, so both BIOS or both UEFI. it would also work if you disconnected other drives when installing but then you can't have the windows choosing menu, you'd have to manually enter boot menu every time

Xavier Bell
Xavier Bell

Yes, this is the exact one you need for the .exe SVF patch.

Christian Cruz
Christian Cruz

Is there any major advantage to UEFI? Might just install Win10 as legacy BIOS if not.

Alexander Robinson
Alexander Robinson

faster (skips 16bit -> 32bit -> 64bit steps) and can be safer (secure boot, tpm) and enables further security options in windows (HVCI, device / credential guard, WHQL-only (on compatible devices))

Jeremiah King
Jeremiah King

Next LTSC version when?
2021? 2022?

Michael Green
Michael Green

22. every 3 years

Jonathan Robinson
Jonathan Robinson

Okay thanks. I think I will install Windows 10 as UEFI and just enter the F8 boot menu every time I want to boot to it.

Jaxson Garcia
Jaxson Garcia

Is thunderbird the only decent mail client on Windows? I'm not into the idea of installing the store on LTSC just for Microsoft's.

Hunter Cruz
Hunter Cruz

It will be released in the October/November of 2021 and it will be called LTSC 2022 - i will also update my offline imaging guide for LTSC 2022 when it will get released.

William Gutierrez
William Gutierrez

pretty much yes, even thunderbird is a bit ew.

Chase Hall
Chase Hall

Is thunderbird the only decent mail client on Windows?

non-paid? Yes

Anthony Sanchez
Anthony Sanchez

?????
So again, Why should I trust the svf patch?
Something was modified, you can see the different hashes.

Attached: 313131.png (79 KB, 1920x1040)

Dylan Jones
Dylan Jones

Do not compare Volume hash with the EVAL hash - it doesn't make any sense, compare the Volume hash with the ones provided by Microsoft on MVS server instead - they are exactly the same.

Tyler Wilson
Tyler Wilson

MVS server?
Link?

Landon Garcia
Landon Garcia

Here's pastebin with official dump of LTSC 2019 SHA-1 hashes taken directly from Microsoft's MVS (official private server): pastebin.com/raw/N8ex9kfJ

Take a look, and compare the SHA-1, because this is what Microsoft uses, *not* SHA-256.

Camden Thompson
Camden Thompson

it's only available to paid subscribers, however there are numerous trusted programmatically updated proxies for it:
check your sha1 against this: msdn.rg-adguard.net/public.php?seach=Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019&str=100

Austin Miller
Austin Miller

Link?
It's private Microsoft's server for developers, you need to pay $2000 or so to join there, i don't have access to it, ask someone who's there.

Jackson Ramirez
Jackson Ramirez

Do both have UWP?

Carson Rodriguez
Carson Rodriguez

Do both have UWP?
Yes, both of them have pretty much the same bloat as Home and Pro, only LTSC and Server editions don't have that crap. Optimize-Offline can remove the crap even from regular Windows 10 .iso images, but idk if it's very reliable (feature updates might reinstall the bloat in the future).

Ayden Wood
Ayden Wood

Check out postbox mail.

Brody Ramirez
Brody Ramirez

best alternative font to segoeui on win10?

Jason Walker
Jason Walker

So, instead of having this long ass guides, did no one think of making one good ISO, documenting the changes and then just uploading it for everyone to use?

Jayden James
Jayden James

I'm using Roboto (android default font) and it's nice

Asher Kelly
Asher Kelly

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day
teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

also homebrew isos are practically unverifiable

Alexander Thomas
Alexander Thomas

I have actually thought about that, but:
even though i know that my .iso would 100% clean and reliable, almost everyone could suspect i've infected it with malware and since the .iso is already built it would be hard to prove otherwise
some anons perfer different registry tweaks than i do, for example i disable bluetooth and wifi services, because my desktop pc doesn't use them, but some user could be using gaming laptop and get angry that his wifi is not working after installing my .iso - personal preferences
Also, just as points out - it's the best if you learn to do it yourself.

Colton Kelly
Colton Kelly

how to change it? can't find it in the settings

Jeremiah Russell
Jeremiah Russell

it needs registry hacks:
windowscentral.com/how-change-default-system-font-windows-10

Noah Torres
Noah Torres

Disabled services can be re-enabled via services.msc though, can't they?
You're not 100% stripping out the function of the OS.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I 100% agree with the idea of learning how to do it yourself, but it would be convenient to have a quick way out of it for people who simply don't want to go through the hassle.

Eh, whatever though, it was just an idea that popped up on my mind. I'll probably just install LTSC and use Wpd.app for my next PC and call it a day. I doubt I'll need anything more serious or complicated than that.

Liam Diaz
Liam Diaz

Well, that's okay, for most users pure LTSC 2019 + WPD should be enough, my guide is mostly for enthusiasts/nerds that want to squeeze the most out of Windows or just optimize it offline for their specific needs, i understand that it's not suitable for everyone.
I used to make pre-activated homebrew .iso images for my friends and family, but the thing is... they are my friends and family - they trust me, while on the internet you can't really trust anyone fully, especially on imageboards.

Zachary Wright
Zachary Wright

someone did actually make a modified ISO, do you really trust anyone here enough to install it?

Noah Lopez
Noah Lopez

If the only place where they shared it was Jow Forums, I surely wouldn't.

Owen Barnes
Owen Barnes

Please show desktop, I've tried many fonts and there was always something broken

William Mitchell
William Mitchell

Fuck I think I'll pass on that one, being paid and all. Thunderbird seems kind of archaic not even being able to run in the background or at startup.

Michael Morris
Michael Morris

phishing site
WHAT

Michael Thompson
Michael Thompson

its a bit messy now, but heres a piece showing most important stuff

Attached: PM3rKLNIvH.png (252 KB, 693x788)

Alexander Sullivan
Alexander Sullivan

Thanks for all the help with the svf, now I have an activated copy of LTSC, for the key I paid 4 bucks on ebay.
Thank you bros.

Attached: ltsc.png (341 KB, 1920x1040)

Charles White
Charles White

want to install windows from Microsoft imagine through my university.
download iso
write to flash drive
pc won’t boot it
no idea why
think it’s because I wrote to it using Linux
try to write the image using windows
give up on that
try to write it to a DVD
it’s too large o fit on the DVD
Right now I’m making a recovery of my windows install on my laptop and I’ll try to use that to install windows on my desktop. Then I’ll switch the activation code to the new one. Hopefully my pc can actually boot the recovery USB otherwise I’m fucked.
Is it supposed to be this hard?

doesn't know how to computer
get's upset and blames it on Microsoft

Christopher Allen
Christopher Allen

bump

Attached: 1488209254510.jpg (398 KB, 1280x720)

Jeremiah Miller
Jeremiah Miller

cool thread, can I make a custom iso on linux?

John Scott
John Scott

cool thread, can I make a custom iso on linux?
Doubt that, Optimize-Offline relies on native Windows APIs (partly), i think your best bet is to run Windows 10 on a VM just to create a custom .iso on it.

Jonathan Harris
Jonathan Harris

maybe the tools run under wine, maybe not. I doubt they were designed for it. but in any case you can just install windows in a vm

Grayson James
Grayson James

maybe the tools run under wine, maybe not. I doubt they were designed for it. but in any case you can just install windows in a vm
Even if he could get the binaries of PowerShell, 1809 DISM and 1809 Oscdimg to run with wine, he would still have to re-write the entire Optimize-Offline PowerShell script, because it calls host OS's DISM - he would have to make it somehow call the portable binaries in order to make it fully standalone.

Aiden Flores
Aiden Flores

upvote

Lucas Edwards
Lucas Edwards

Does anyone know why even though I'm using waifu2x to upscale some pics it doesn't show the NVIDIA GPU as being used?

Attached: Screenshot-(10).png (71 KB, 1920x974)

Alexander Thompson
Alexander Thompson

Are you using the caffe version? And did you select to run it with the Nvidia GPU when you launched it?

Hudson Morales
Hudson Morales

Yea, even the NVIDIA thing says something like '1 Program, 0 Display'

Attached: Screenshot-(11).png (148 KB, 1239x597)

Alexander James
Alexander James

Microsoft has software called the "Windows Media Creation Tool" that you use to make installation flash drives EZPZ.

Luis Gray
Luis Gray

Attached: windows.png (317 KB, 589x482)

Bentley Hill
Bentley Hill

isn't that only for consumer edition>?

Nathaniel Foster
Nathaniel Foster

I'm this fag

I just noticed after disconnecting the charger of my laptop that Windows will increase the brightness on light backgrounds like 4channel and lower it on darker ones. I can see how it slowly the screen becomes more bright or darker. What the fuck?

William Kelly
William Kelly

Is PAE still working in x86 W10?

I'm not sure if it's a better option than using 64-bit windows

Connor Cruz
Connor Cruz

have ryzen 7 2700x
will performance be good on LTSC or should I get enterprise?

Dominic Reyes
Dominic Reyes

using 64bit is always a better option, because processor extensions

William Taylor
William Taylor

I haven't used Desktop icons in 10 years

Joshua Allen
Joshua Allen

Windows 7

Parker Bell
Parker Bell

this doesn't only happen on desktop, but in folders too

Isaac Butler
Isaac Butler

Then why use either over Pro?

Tyler Sanders
Tyler Sanders

it allows the "Security" telemetry level and Credential Guard, among some other things: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions

Bentley Adams
Bentley Adams

Anybody have any good videos on learning Windows Server or Powershell?

Camden Williams
Camden Williams

videos are for zoomers and are terrible for learning. use some written guide

Blake Hill
Blake Hill

Is LTSC still spied on by MS?

Kayden Howard
Kayden Howard

Does Enterprise miss anything from Pro? Also, best activator for Enterprise?

Michael Brown
Michael Brown

No, Enterprise is superior edition to Pro. And read the paste in OP for choosing an activator

Jason Clark
Jason Clark

Is the KMS activator from the OP really safe?

Dominic Flores
Dominic Flores

Yes. You can check the source too, I did.

Jackson Williams
Jackson Williams

Is there a complete guide on optimizing Windows for absolute best performance like disabling security mitigations etc?

Jeremiah Reed
Jeremiah Reed

for LTSC yes, look at rentry.co/ltsc_optimize made and posted here by an user, also linked in the OP paste.

Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell

Why should I use 10 over 8.1? DirectX?

Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

ms invented such an awesome and easy-to-use servicing stack that it's considered "lazy" to use it

Attached: 1310483412100.jpg (61 KB, 413x395)

Logan Sanders
Logan Sanders

I just hate freetards. You're OK, MacDude.
I actually have Mac-using friends. All the "macfag" crap here is just sour grapes and projection: freetards are the deviants, sex criminals, and poor.

Adrian Miller
Adrian Miller

Disable adaptive brightness

Ethan Foster
Ethan Foster

in the XP era you had to work to properly include updates in the non-image-based installer, lazy way was just throwing the msu-s in the iso. well, I huess times change

Xavier Russell
Xavier Russell

i am recently upgrade to new capacity HDD in my server R710. however during installation windows server 2003, indicated that ‘ no hard drive found’. FYI, i am already initialize and assign Raid 1 for my server. please help me..

Josiah Nelson
Josiah Nelson

that and security features. The reason for using newer windows is always security features

Jack Howard
Jack Howard

You should post these threads more frequently.

Justin Roberts
Justin Roberts

For music players why not also include MusiceBee, Groove Music, Dopamine?

Owen Campbell
Owen Campbell

What security features?

Noah Green
Noah Green

Deluge or Qbittorent?

Jordan Hernandez
Jordan Hernandez

i have been running windows ME for ages and recently have had the ability to get a free copy of windows xp (legal copy that is) from my school. I know that if i reinstall windows xp over windows ME i will be having issues with my computer running slower due to the registry overlap. Anyone know any ways i can install windows XP WITHOUT formating my computer. Although if that is what i have to do i will do it because it is not that difficult and i can do it quickly but any other suggestions on how to get xp installed without a slowdown in my computers performance would be nice.(BTW i do need every bit to help because my computer is only 500 hz)

Charles Collins
Charles Collins

Does unGoogled Chromium lack the google account sync feature built into the browser? Only thing I like about Chrome.

Carter Moore
Carter Moore

so help me understand something. If a brand new copy of windows costs something like 120 bucks for instance, but I can get one of those old dell optiplex refurbs for 90... couldn't I just buy the junk PC as a spare, take out the hard drive and put it in any PC I want, or is there a catch?

Isaiah Carter
Isaiah Carter

I intend to get a new machine very soon, I want to continue with W7 and not connect it to the internet.
Is there any place I can get a W7 license that is in the most efficient and stable version?
I don’t care about security I just want my new hardware workstation in exactly the same environment I am used too.

If I did sort this out and I went online am I going to get bombarded by security updates, is there a way to stop updates entirely.
I barely use my pc for anything other than work and sometimes YouTube in downtime that would be the only use for online.

Mason Roberts
Mason Roberts

device guard/credential guard/HVCI, WHQL-only or EV signed drivers only (if no device drivers need worse), windows sandbox.

Luis Collins
Luis Collins

When will they fix banding issues with color and the CPU bug in games with 1903?

Henry Bell
Henry Bell

There is literally the MCT for these situations.

enjoy your working computer retards
Thanks user, we do.

It's also in any Win10 ISO. It can be work to pick out all the files it needs though (all the api-ms*.dll, prov*.dll, etc).

why do other people like what i don't like
this is a crime

Reinstall your bootloader. And don't install shit that patches the kernel to ignore missing NX/SSE/etc. - If you really want Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, actually install it on a computer made this century.

Agree with - but if you're doing it by hand, WinPE will do the job (and run happily from a Windows ISO).

To be fair, cmdlines.txt wasn't that hard either. I do recall it was as slow as fuck though. I like the new system, because the time wasting is at the image creation stage, rather than install time. Watching a WinXP install sit at 42% for an hour as it slipstreams updates (and God help you if any of them weren't supported by QCHAIN) was seriously overrated.

See (mein nigga).

Technically, those "free with the computer" Windows licences are called "OEM" - they belong to the computer they come with. It's strictly speaking a violation of your licencing conditions to move it to another machine.

Gavin Morgan
Gavin Morgan

uTorrent 2.2.1.

Colton Clark
Colton Clark

WHAT YEAR IS IT

Wyatt Ramirez
Wyatt Ramirez

why did you paste the post from here: computing.net/answers/windows-2003/windows-server-2003-indicated-that-no-hard-drive-found/11349.html

Brandon Garcia
Brandon Garcia

Yes. Why would you literally tell google about every site you ever visited?

Xavier Roberts
Xavier Roberts

qbittorrent

David King
David King

You can no longer get legal licenses from Microsoft.
You should also care about security, it's important, and also software usually isn't tested against older OS versions.
If pirating windows is fine, check the OP paste for installing POSReady 7, I have it in a VM and is pretty nice, I also like its theme.

Jordan Foster
Jordan Foster

Why is security important for someone who is a total normalfag with his internet habits? ( besides ( clean lol) cracked software)
I just want my current storage and file structure to port directly onto new hardware.

Landon Thomas
Landon Thomas

Because total normalfags:
have shit like facebook which you tell everything about you and your family
do internet banking
do internet shopping
spread pii all over the ground like bread for the ducks
I could go on for days, but anyone with a double-digit IQ or higher gets the idea.

Logan Sanchez
Logan Sanchez

there are vulnerabilities (like EternalBlue by NSA, used by WannaCry) that can be remotely exploited to infect a computer through network without any user intervention at all. A ransomware would mean probably losing all your data on the computer, which - given it is a work computer - might be serious or expensive, so there is something to lose tok.

Gavin Reed
Gavin Reed

Why does this not work in Windows but works perfectly in GNU and macOS?

Attached: trackmanmarble.jpg (55 KB, 1000x1000)

Charles Richardson
Charles Richardson

And if I just never connect it to the internet?
It’s a mild inconvenience to just have a tablet for internet bullshit .

James Lopez
James Lopez

that would work, there are lots of airgapped millitary systems running win xp or win95

Jacob King
Jacob King

That would be fine... but what about all those files that you CD/USB/LAN into the machine? Where did you download those from?
Airgapping can rapidly descend into insanity.

Michael Scott
Michael Scott

googled airgap
Well there we go that’s the plan thanks user! Fuck windows 10 so hard I don’t want to change anything just need those 2019 components to work in old environments.
Is there any issues with W7 and Ryzen 3000?

Xavier Martinez
Xavier Martinez

Well if my old machine is pozzed then does it even matter if the attack vectors (??) arnt accessible. It’s not like any ransom ware that isn’t already active is going to spring into effect, right?

Landon Butler
Landon Butler

public key cryptography makes it possible to have a ransomware encrypt a system and demand ransom without connecting to the internet. the point of airgap is that no virus can get in a completely isolated system

Joshua Sanders
Joshua Sanders

pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Colton Mitchell
Colton Mitchell

Right I see. If ransom ware was to enable itself by whatever means, what’s stopping a person from wiping the machine and reinstalling windows?
If you had external backups of your previous state couldn’t you try to isolate where it attacked from post attack?
I know what I saying is ridiculous but it’s interesting to consider for a total tech retard like myself

Logan Evans
Logan Evans

Nothing - but the problem is, you've lost all your valuable data (I assume - that's why you airgapped it in the first place?).

Elijah Martinez
Elijah Martinez

Well it wouldn’t be lost if it’s backed up and if the chance of the the virus enabling itself is low on every cycle of whatever triggers it (random number generator?)
The reason I’m pressing this is because I use a lot of expensive cracked software. I’m fairly certain my pc is fine (not infected) because I only download from verified sources but it’s intrresting to speculate.
A large reason is because I’ll be sharing this new workstation with my work partner and he is an nth degree fiend on weird internet shit, so if I do scheduled backups I can bypass his idiocy. Idk yo, thanks lads.

Robert Hughes
Robert Hughes

see sure, if all you do is pirate games and anime security really wouldn't matter since the data holds no value. but as soon as you start doing things like working, security starts to matter.

Alexander Martin
Alexander Martin

Is it better to use mpc or mpv?

Owen Ramirez
Owen Ramirez

just be yourself user

Isaac Clark
Isaac Clark

I use heroin myself.

Kayden Cooper
Kayden Cooper

Why should I use 10 over 8.1? DirectX?
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 have 4 GB VRAM limit in DirectX9 (bug) - it has been fixed in Windows 10 1709, so LTSC 2019 (1809) doesn't have this bug anymore.

Jason Gomez
Jason Gomez

LTSC
gaming platform
I need to be more open minded.
Ahh, fuck it. That's nearly as silly as all those Windows Server Woorkstation threads (and even sites) out there.

Elijah Howard
Elijah Howard

ltsc is quite literally that except it's microsoft doing it (better) than users hacking it together

Jeremiah Ward
Jeremiah Ward

Wookieestation

Attached: 2018-05-21-20-31-45-To[email protected]yodasnew.png (529 KB, 585x416)

Zachary Cox
Zachary Cox

That's what makes it nearly as silly, d00d.

Attached: D-4m5Z3XUAA4P-g.jpg (105 KB, 679x680)

Mason Perry
Mason Perry

how so? some people dont like their computer breaking every 6 or so months

Caleb James
Caleb James

Mild jej.

Alexander Bennett
Alexander Bennett

Actually LTSC is perfect for gaming - you can even integrate the Store and play those games like Forza from there.
Also, unlike Server SKUs, LTSC doesn't differ that much from "regular" Windows 10 SKUs.

Christopher Howard
Christopher Howard

I would say all people don't like their computer breaking every six months.
But I would wager than around zero people on this board have had their computer break from a feature update.
When you're as big as Windows, one-in-a-billion is next Tuesday - I think good ol' Raymond Chen said that somewhere along the line.

Jackson Russell
Jackson Russell

The server SKUs don't vary at all to my knowledge, except for what services are on and off by default.
It's why NTSwitch works.

Camden Brown
Camden Brown

I did have my laptop break in various ways all 3 times i had suffered a feature upgrade

Samuel Bennett
Samuel Bennett

I sincerely doubt that, but carry on.
Which reminds me, anyone else find it funny how all of a sudden RAIDs where destroying themselves left, right and centre the moment "Why RAID-5 stops working in 2009" was posted?

William Garcia
William Garcia

Delet this.

Kayden Powell
Kayden Powell

first update - 1607 to 1703:
upgrade screen stuck for 8 hours, at which point i decided to hard reset, only to be presented a non-functional "retry" button. reinstall.

second update - 1703 to 1709:
bricked veracrypt bootloader, updater can't find C: for this reason. reinstall.

third update - 1709 to 1803:
first update to leave the computer in a semi-working state. removed the touchpad driver so it became hypersensitive to touch, to the point of unusability. had to spend an hour to download driver again with only a keyboard since i didn't have a mouse around.

Next feature update I just reinstalled with LTSC instead.

Justin Stewart
Justin Stewart

Who "use small taskbar buttons" here?

Nolan Martinez
Nolan Martinez

You can't use the Xbox client to install PC pass games on LTSC.

Liam Morris
Liam Morris

me ()

Asher Brooks
Asher Brooks

upgrade screen stuck for 8 hours
I kek'd, because it was likely just about done. Anyway, your fault, because it boils down to
pulled power during update

bricked veracrypt bootloader
Again, your fault. Removing funny shit that fiddles with the primal parts of your system before upgrading has been standard since MS-DOS. I did the same thing in 1992 when I upgraded from DOS 5 to 6, and had Stacker installed. My excuse was that I was 14 and stupid - what's yours?

third update - 1709 to 1803
This is more legit. But I suspect if you'd left it alone it would have installed the touchpad driver for you.
As a funny aside, I have my Windows installing a touchpad driver I DON'T want constantly, but haven't had time to disable it.

Gabriel King
Gabriel King

I do with combine taskbar buttons only when the taskbar is full.

Christian Robinson
Christian Robinson

Reporting in. What's up?

Attached: Grab.png (4 KB, 1366x30)

Liam Clark
Liam Clark

upgrade screen stuck for 8 hours
I kek'd, because it was likely just about done. Anyway, your fault, because it boils down to
pulled power during update
I don't think its supposed to upgrade for 8 hours straight. well, whatever

bricked veracrypt bootloader
Again, your fault. Removing funny shit that fiddles with the primal parts of your system before upgrading has been standard since MS-DOS. I did the same thing in 1992 when I upgraded from DOS 5 to 6, and had Stacker installed. My excuse was that I was 14 and stupid - what's yours?
It takes up a lot of SSD health to decrypt 1 TB and it isn't supposed to break like how it didn't next update.

third update - 1709 to 1803
This is more legit. But I suspect if you'd left it alone it would have installed the touchpad driver for you.
As a funny aside, I have my Windows installing a touchpad driver I DON'T want constantly, but haven't had time to disable it.
I have tried installing it first by making it search for one in Device Manager, it couldn't find any. I had to navigate to the shitty OEM website with a keyboard to download it.

Carter Hughes
Carter Hughes

if u want to use encryption u may as well use linux. Seriously, windows 10 isn't built for that kind of security.

Tyler James
Tyler James

I don't think its supposed to upgrade for 8 hours straight
If you had any idea how the upgrade process worked, you'd change your tune. Look up USMT - a lot of people don't know it's a function of how big their A) Program Files [(x86)] and B) user profiles are.

and it isn't supposed to break
Third-party bootloader - end of story.
How old are you, 14?
like how it didn't next update
Probably because MS noticed how many people were fucking their computers this way. But remember kids, telemetry is EBILOMGZBOTNET.

[touchpad]
As I said, this one is more legit. But seriously, how did it take you an hour to find and install a driver for it? You do know that your laptop has USB ports that you can plug a mouse into? And then there's MouseKeys for those all-else-has-failed situations?

Samuel Sullivan
Samuel Sullivan

i did not have a mouse with me because this siht happened to me on a 3 hour train ride.
And navigating modern websites especially OEM ones is hard af with only a keyboard. I also tried using the touchpad for the first 20 or so minutes before giving up on it.

Ryder Perez
Ryder Perez

Well, remember that MouseKeys is a thing in the future. And if you have such a weird touchpad than even the Windows Update Catalog hasn't heard of it, you'll keep that installer around in the future, eh?

Kevin Reed
Kevin Reed

probably. it's synaptics bullshit, they don't provide drivers themselves, but "let" the OEMs do that. which - as most OEMs usually - provide absolute shit support. It's also funny because you can install any other vendor's drivers as long as it's the same part model, so I can easily install, say, dell's one for a laptop model that has the same touchpad, but windows update catalog apparently doesn't know about that, probably because the device identifies itself different per OEM

Ian Watson
Ian Watson

(Me)
tldr: stay the fuck away from Synaptics touchpads

Alexander Martin
Alexander Martin

Weird, so's mine, and the WUC has billions of different Synaptics drivers. Are you sure it isn't the confusingly- and conveniently-similar Sentellic? One of my ancient netbooks had those, and it was war to hunt down the driver for it.

Xavier Robinson
Xavier Robinson

no, it was MSI and Synaptics.
Just for the heck of it i tried the Dell driver for some random laptop that had the same and it worked, in fact it was also newer. OEMs do be like that sometimes

Evan Diaz
Evan Diaz

OEMs
There's your problem right there.
Avoid OEM drivers like the fucking plague of rats they are.
If you want to do it the Hard Man(TM) way, note down the PnP ID of the device (shit like VEN_10EC&DEV_8382&CC_06&SUBSYS_DEADBEEF) in Device Manager, and search for that. Manufacturer's websites often have them hiding out back.
And once you have them, make sure you never let go for the life of the machine. Back 'em up, burn to CD, whatever.

Jose Martinez
Jose Martinez

Any difference between 1809 (LTSC 2018 I think) and this LTSC in 2019?

Attached: ec912fdf-3447-44f7-bc6c-efdd58203e9b.jpg (85 KB, 640x421)

Xavier Nelson
Xavier Nelson

Confusingly enough, 1809/17763 IS LTSC "2019".

Jaxon Wilson
Jaxon Wilson

There's no LTSC that's not 1809. There's a few ISOs that have been refreshed but it's still 1809 and takes 1809 updates.

Chase Ward
Chase Ward

The only thing LTSC lacks (as does Windows 10 in general) is proper theming support.

Jace Bennett
Jace Bennett

Ohhh, I've heard that a new version of LTSC has just appeared and was wondering if I am missing out something. Phoneposting so I can't get the wxact version, but for reference, this version is the first to have the dark theme, unlike LTSB.
Also another question, can you, for some reason, get the MS Store installed and working in LTSC?

Levi James
Levi James

So what kind of spyware do I need to disable on W10 to make it safe to use?

Jackson Edwards
Jackson Edwards

Isn't that what WindowBlinds, UXTheme patches, etc. are for?

Liam Ortiz
Liam Ortiz

Nah, there's been a new feature update. 18362/1903/19H1/whatever isn't an LTSC.

Alexander Fisher
Alexander Fisher

So if I have the older iso, it will be updated to the newest version without reinstalling a newer iso, right? I genuinely feel like a brainlet.

Luis Robinson
Luis Robinson

WindowBlinds
Damn, that still exists? I remember fiddling with that in mid 2000s

UXTheme patches
Problem with that: Most themes only work well on specific older versions of Windows 10, plus in order not to break how the file manager works you need to patch the ribbon thingie they added to windows 8/10 out of the way (which I have gotten obnoxiously used to).

I mean at the very least LTSC doesn't get feature updates so the chances of breaking that are minimum, but still.

Adam Sanchez
Adam Sanchez

If the OS build ends in .1 you can integrate updates on it pretty clean.

I would recommend following this guide a kind user posted here

rentry.co/ltsc_optimize

It worked wonders for me yesterday

Brayden Ortiz
Brayden Ortiz

Damn, that still exists?
I dunno. I grew out of the "ricing" phase decades ago. And I was a heavy ricer (hacked explorer.exe, shell32.dll, the lot).

UXTheme patches
Problem with that: Most themes only work well on specific older versions of Windows 10
I thought they had in-memory patchers these days to counter that shit, like the way RDPWrapper or that SppComObj hacker works. Oh well, TIL.

Luis Roberts
Luis Roberts

Fuck me drunk and sideways: stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

Evan Foster
Evan Foster

Brings me back

Colton Sanders
Colton Sanders

Shoo linux dog

Cooper Long
Cooper Long

Do not use UxThemePatcher (the popular one that is bundled with the installer) - it modifies system files and breaks sfc integrity, which can cause huge issues with CU updates in the future (they may even brick your installation in this case).
You should use the registry hook version of UxThemePatch instead - it's completely safe as it doesn't modify any system files, it's shared by s1ave77 (the author of HWIDgen tool) on mydigitallife forum:
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-17763-rs5-theming.78206/

t. author of the LTSC 2019 Offline Optimization Guide, i might write another guide in the future about proper theming without breaking system files integrity.

William Flores
William Flores

Oh damn. Many thanks.

Kayden Morales
Kayden Morales

The best way to deal with these braindead subhumans that take dumps in threads is to ignore them, user. They do it for the (You)'s, they're that pathetic.
TL;DR: don't feed the trolls.

Nolan Wilson
Nolan Wilson

Rufus

Ayden Stewart
Ayden Stewart

ew, appinit dlls. those get autoinjected into everything and can cause system instability. I'll look into porting it over to application verifier
t. dev of kms activator in kms_vl_all

Nathan Carter
Nathan Carter

Thought I'd seen an in-memory patcher version out the corner of my eye somewhere. Thanks user.
Though it doesn't fix central issue - that a lot of these themes don't work with later versions of 10 (renamed/missing resources, etc.) - the Windows Advanced theme from the Windows 8 beta worked nicely on Win8 final, but went completely bonkers on 8.1 for those reasons.

Attached: 54729691-835496940127394-6357032965129633792-n.jpg (21 KB, 400x400)

Jack Allen
Jack Allen

those get autoinjected into everything
And instantly terminate if they find they're not in the right process.
and can cause system instability
If they don't do above.

Colton Cruz
Colton Cruz

Which FileTree software do you use?

Evan Carter
Evan Carter

depending on the process just merely loading (loading dependencies and crt, everyone running their tls callbacks, etc..) and unloading can cause problems with shit software (like some amd gpu software that'd get random crashes). also can be incompatible with anti-cheats in games.

Aiden Robinson
Aiden Robinson

tree.com?

Attached: 1547432433544.jpg (55 KB, 400x382)

Kayden Clark
Kayden Clark

Wait, hold up.
Who the hell dynamic loads at startup in a hook/appinit/injector DLL?
If they're doing that, yeah, they deserve to be beaten to death with a giant pink dildo.

Owen Gonzalez
Owen Gonzalez

(Me)
dynamic loads at startup
As in, using the import table? Just needed to make myself clear there.

Jace Torres
Jace Torres

DLL injections into everything
I bet this triggers VAC and doesn't let you play vidya

Adrian Miller
Adrian Miller

yes. although i just dropped the linked one into IDA, seems like they only load a few non-necessary dlls, no CRT atleast, thats significantly better than what i expected. maybe because most of my experiences with appinit dlls is reversing copypasted malware

Attached: ida64-iGRIFq6RMF.png (31 KB, 699x282)

Kayden Sullivan
Kayden Sullivan

(Me)
nevermind, dbghelp will still load all the crt crap

Attached: ida64-yGF7707PLH.png (216 KB, 1960x1192)

Daniel Russell
Daniel Russell

Pretty much. There's plenty of docs on MSDN telling you the right way to write these sorts of DLLs - but since most of this kind are written by malware scum, they're A) incompetent, and B) don't read the docs anyway.
It's actually a pretty good heuristic as to whether a hook DLL is malware or not.

Carter Rivera
Carter Rivera

If it's being pulled in vial LoadLibrary?()/GetProcAddress() it isn't so bad. It's fairly likely the host process has loaded the CRT already anyway. Don't forget that things like themes are "injected" into processes the same way, and use the CRT.

Kayden Morales
Kayden Morales

no, this is via IAT, check the first screenshot, it has a dbghelp import

Ryan Fisher
Ryan Fisher

I don't know why manual loaders (at the end of the day, the PE loader is remarkably simple) aren't more common to sidestep this sort of thing.

Jackson Ross
Jackson Ross

Ahh, OK, I looked at your second shot, and thought I saw a LoadLibrary call. Must be getting old...

Austin Evans
Austin Evans

The Aero Glass .dll is also outdated in the MDL thread, and sadly Aero Glass is also a proprietary, commercial software, there is Aero Glass cracked repack available on rutracker.org that contains all the versions, but i don't recommend to paranoid people that are afraid of cracked soft.
Same with StartIsBack++, it's the best Start Menu replacement (uses registry hooks), but it's proprietary and commercial (there is 2.8.5 cracked version on nsaneforums.com by remek002).
There is also Open-Shell (an updated fork of Classic Shell) which is free and Open-Source, but i think it relies on background processes instead of registry hooks.
open-shell.github.io/Open-Shell-Menu/

Christian Gonzalez
Christian Gonzalez

probably the reason there aren't many high quality ones is that most such software developers don't know of advanced / obscure malware techniques, which these tend to use

Austin White
Austin White

check power settings

Brody Peterson
Brody Peterson

I've been using total commander recently but I don't like the keybindings. Is there anything vim based or similar to ranger?

Attached: total-commander-screenshot-01.png (52 KB, 1034x810)

Ayden Clark
Ayden Clark

Meh, i probably wont port this thing after all because all themes look like shit so i dont really have interest in doing so. probably noone uses this anyways

Angel Bell
Angel Bell

Right, most are pretty bad and look like shit.
I don't even use the Theme Patcher myself, im just using StartIsBack++ with OldNewExplorer and it's fine to me, i've just mentioned this because the original UxThemePatcher is very bad and breaks system integrity, so other anons have to be careful.

Julian Gonzalez
Julian Gonzalez

new thread jowforums.com/thread/71872345/technology

Jaxson Nguyen
Jaxson Nguyen

Morning winfags.

how can i mount my ext3 partition. ext2fsd is deprecated and doesnt work.

Kevin Baker
Kevin Baker

This is prob the wrong place to ask, sorry if it is, but I'm looking for a cheap windows pc, pretty much the raspberry pi of windows pc, i plan on using it for botting on runescape if you wondering

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit