The notch takes up screen real esta-

>the notch takes up screen real esta-

Attached: day_of_the_train.png (2109x968, 65K)

It looks bad

OP is a faggot

The notch is ugly, retarded, and just so fucking misguided the engineers behind it should get fucking whipped for it.

>Using a phone as anything but a phone
>Calling a receiver "the notch"
OP confirmed for retard.

the camera should just be removed from the front of the phone its only there cause the government wants to look in

I still don't know what a notch is

fpbp

Bezels are uglier. Its much more aesthetic to have the notification panel elevated into it with the camera cutout remaining.

on 1. and 2. you see the full picture, on 3. there is an ugly notch taking away a part of the picture. sure the screensize is bigger but you miss a part of the picture/video.

meant: on 1. you see the full picture, on 2. there is an ugly notch taking away a part of the picture. sure the screensize is bigger but you miss a part of the picture/video. 3. is not a thing.

This. I would buy a phone without a front facing camera.

I Hide the notification bar and use one handed gestures for max real estate on my s9+.

One of the biggest demographics for new smartphones are young women, people that essentially live on social media and take selfies all the time. The removal of such a feature would guarantee the phone flops.

you never see the full picture anyway. phones have not been normal ratios in years. a 16:9 is getting cropped with or with out the notch.

>notification bar is magically not part of the screen

Dumb nigger. How much notification area is lost due to that notch?
Fucking retard.

>the governement
>not foreign governements
>not bored Facebook and Google employees
>not a lonely Russian who cracked the shitty app you didn't want to buy on the Play Store

*dabs on you*

Attached: 81wkf2tc-qL._SL1500_.jpg (788x1500, 188K)

What phone is this ?

It’s only seething andreets sour grapes over not being able to afford an iPhone

>Bezels are uglier.
How? How could they possibly be? And they exist for a good reason unlike the notch. It's so that you can hold your phone without accidental input. Also, the bezels are minimal now and the notch is getting slowly phased out - so, how is it in any way, shape or form better?

Mi Mix 3

They do, because clocks belong centered on the notification bar

>Bezel and notification bar are equal width
>notch doesn't have bezel

Attached: bdd.jpg (720x697, 38K)

why not buy somethin like the oneplus7 and just remove the front camera

>218g
> 3200 mAh battery
>nearly 500$

Dropped.

This post triggers normalfag camwhores

3 is what you are describing in 2. You are a sperg

Its not a part of the screen real estate
An insignificant amount

Its better because your notification bar is now where your bezel used to be, giving you more screen real estate on the same sized device.

I'm buying this in 2 hours second hand

You look like a dumb fucking cunt when you're in a dark room with a bunch of people and check your blazing bright phone and everyone sees the obnoxious and awkward cutout in the screen.
Selfies are for fucking idiots anyway.
There's literally no reason not to have a pop-up camera and then just never ever use it, no one wants to look at your pig-ugly face anyway. You might occasionally be in a video call for work or your dumb parents.
But the screen to body ratio is just a dumb number to push for even dumber markets. (I'm looking at you, China and USA.) (Yes just like in Hollywood, Chinese marketability potential controls the design of product which hit the USA.)
Anyone with a matured brain would want a truly rectangle (no rounded corners), flat 1080p+height screen without a notch.
A Rectangular bezel on the top and bottom is fine as it gives you somewhere to put your fingers without obstructing or getting food and cum stains on the screen (especially for gamers #riseup am i rite gmres bro hell yeuh), and somewhere to put better quality speakers.
Oh look this is exactly what google is doing with their next flagship phone which the rest of the market will look to as a paragon of android design.
While I'm here, drop inscreen fingerprint for side or back tangible ones, what the fuck how did this awkward and technically complex tech catch on? I'll tell you how, because it's a fucking gimmick that can be sold as "premium" tech while making your phone impossible to repair forcing product turnover. This kind of shady shit is why we encourage repairs with tax breaks in the EU.

It's true and anyone saying otherwise is a CIA agent

sound like you want motorised pop up cams

What a fucking garbage thread kys faggot momo

Enjoy user it's a fantastic phone, it's serving me well.

at the expense of looking like a retard

the notch is so massive on iPhone that they can't even fit the battery percentage on the notification bar

>removing the bezels
>now you have to buy a handle to hold your phone

You hold your phone by pinching the top?

o no a case that i was gonna buy anyway
retard

so the notificationbar is not on a screen with a notch phone? So you have a permanent notification bar printed on plastic bezel? What use is that?

apple is the only one to do a notch correctly, surprise, surprise

my notification bar just hides when it is not used....

More screen real estate so only a couple of notifications icon fit, brilliant. Just brilliant. And more screen real estate so anything you watch fullscreen gets bunny ears. Brilliant.

It's free screen estate!

It's the fact that it literally invades screen space, when I prefer my screens to be geometrically perfect rectangles, because I have severe autism.

Why would you even bother commenting when you have never touched a phone with a notch?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13-03-14-00.png (3120x1440, 3.19M)

It literally doesn't you fucking moron. It adds little patches of screen space above the normal extent of the screen. You lose nothing. Why are you so fucking stupid?

>Display native resolution image on screen, be it via image, video, game or any other full screen application
>Notification bar hidden due to full screen
>Rectangular display shows the whole image
>Rounded display crops corners of the image
>Notch blocks a chunk on one side of the image
Stop being delusional, user. The screen real estate is everything that is included in the native resolution plastered on the box/specs, not the face of the device, and notches take a chunk out of it.

Attached: notch.png (924x844, 520K)

There's no way to do a notch correctly, it looks really bad.

>Rectangular display shows the whole image
No it doesn't. It shows a cropped image compared to a display with a notch.

Agreed. Here have an upboat!

What part of "native resolution" did you not understand, retardo? How is a 1920x1080 image displayed on a 1920x1080 rectangular display cropped in any way shape or form?

Notch is 20cm thick, so now the notification bar is 5 times taller than usual, and a third of the length (which is the only useful dimension).
Knocked it out of the park with that one.
Anyone that bought this phone despite how fucking putrid it looks should kys.

Attached: ohlordy.jpg (400x400, 11K)

How is a 1920x1080 image displayed on a 2160x1080 notched display cropped in any way shape or form?

Reminder if you unironically think appearance is an important factor in choosing a phone, you're literally just as stupid as applefags and actively contributing to the degeneration of mobile hardware and software in general

t. applefag

>Why would you even bother commenting when you have never touched a phone with a notch?
Wow, so much space for notifications.

Attached: 1563014937746.png (370x499, 168K)

Again, what part of "native resolution" did you not understand, retardo? Talking to a brick wall would yield more intelligent responses than to you. Jesus Christ, are you real?

Attached: safe area.jpg (800x536, 35K)

Attached: 1563015334350.png (570x467, 209K)

man, aint your life exciting? just buy the shit you like. who gives a fuck about others preferences?

this looks like shit desu

>That black bar on the left
What's even the point of that (((free screen real estate))) when you can't use it, it might as well not be there

You are now aware of the complete lack of mental fortitude of never-notchers

>only a couple
My notification bar has never been full and I'm a full blooded normalfag; friends, family, and job. I can fit probably 8 "real" notifications alongside system ones

That specific notch is retarded. The idea itself is not.

I give a fuck when their reasons are retarded
>there should be no front camera
>id rather have a big bezel and a smaller screen
>the clock should be in the middle
These are all symptoms of autism. Soon we will arrive at the day of the train.

Have sex

Attached: inspiration 24.png (652x960, 538K)

>pocoshit
top kek m8

I'm gonna give yo girl the notch.

Cherry season? Bet you know how to pick em!
Based

I didnt cherry pick at all. I'm making a specific argument. People are retarded if they believe
>all notches are bad
That is not the same argument as
>all notches are good
If you cant understand that, you are the sperg am mocking.

Day of the train soon

the notch is gay because its way bigger than it has to be. pic related. Also apple is supposed to be innovative, the notch looks like it was designed by a highscooler

Attached: Screenshot_20190110-1923202.png (528x424, 266K)

>the notification area is always ther-

Attached: notch_shills_btfo.jpg (2109x1850, 1.41M)

>What's even the point of that (((free screen real estate))) when you can't use it, it might as well not be there
because it lives in your mind rent free

>cropping off the top and bottom of your video
OH NONONONONO

> im saying that (insert some inane shit) so its absolute truth.
and you call others retards? guess it really takes one to know one.

I'm fine with notches when implemented correctly but please stop posting this thread.

>cropping off a piece no matter what content is maximized, be it a video, game, a browser or anything that wasn't specifically made for notch phones only even though they are on their way out
OH NONONONONO

Attached: 1505455742551.jpg (491x650, 50K)

So now you are moving goalposts. Ok.