>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: dactyl-manuform.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

handheldsci.com/kb/
thomasbaart.nl/2019/01/20/vertikeeb-making-a-vertical-keyboard-part-1/
github.com/germ/gergo-case/tree/master/Gergo/LASER
banggood.com/Xiaomi-Yuemi-MK01-87-Keys-TTC-Red-Switch-White-Backlit-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-p-1338976.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=HK
aliexpress.com/item/32995558320.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2b924c4dbx2vZc
aliexpress.com/item/32870862646.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.62783c00KYbgPM
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3736
steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-pro
vermont.craigslist.org/ele/d/swanton-vintage-electronics-heathkit/6902049245.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is keyboard size perfectly correlated with heterosexuality?

hasu usb controller turns any keyboard into an hhkb programmable keyboard without the need for a meme ergodox mechanical keyboard

Attached: hasu.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Anyone ever use one of these:
handheldsci.com/kb/

You can plug any USB device into it, plus a battery bank into the other side, and you have a bluetooth wireless device. I've been thinking about cutting the cord on a keyboard of mine and wiring this in place.

Looks based. Where do I buy one?

I've ordered SA laser and GMK olive, I think I should get MT3 Serika just to get a feel for each profile, I like the look of that gmk sandstorm too.

Attached: olive.jpg (522x324, 14K)

>bought corsair k70 low-profile
>Really love it
>can't flip the fucking spacebar

REEEEEEEEEE

You gotta either hand wire one yourself, or commission someone [like me :^)] to build one for you.

How much to install a keylogger?

I'd ask $200 + cost of switches & caps (the latter being around $28) to build one. It just runs QMK on two pro micros.

Attached: IMG_20190509_153928.jpg (2223x1566, 1.04M)

I'll be at work in a few hours to get my shitpost on/catch up from last thread.

Also need to organize my thoughts for GergoPlex. What stuff would you like to see jammed into a board for that sick ergo vibe?

Currently compiling a Xanadoc where I [De/Re]construct the keyboard with a focus on ergo. QMK can be leveraged in amazing ways for ergonomics

Attached: IMG_20190709_0549587.jpg (2976x2976, 3.25M)

I NEED 96% KEYBOARDS
WHY ARE THEY SO FEW
THEY'RE THE BEST

Attached: 96KEE_-_6_1024x1024.jpg (1000x750, 74K)

they're nearly all the same though
you have maybe 5 with gaps between numpad/arrows/alphas, and maybe 6 without gaps

ok where buy some good ones

post links right effing now

why can't I find with RGB?

>wanting the worst of both worlds

This is the best layout

Attached: bestlayout.jpg (1050x626, 132K)

Because RGB is for children and children can't afford custom keyboards. Get a hotswap YMDK 96 and call it a day.

yikes

Can't find any, please give me a tiny spoonfeeding, the links in pastebin don't help

cringe

suck on that

Attached: Untitled-9_d98de2ac-affd-4156-8bfc-e978495a1941.png (1280x800, 2.67M)

Nigger I'm literally typing on my 1800 keyboard and i think its shit, I usually end up using the numpad arrows because the arrow position is shit

Attached: IMG_0292.jpg (4320x3240, 3.27M)

but your layout is shit, mine isn't

I don't have any issues with the arrow positions

Attached: Cherry MX1800.jpg (2016x1113, 151K)

>Nigger
that kind of talk is uncalled for.

have you flipped your space bar yet?

Attached: 1534562202665.jpg (300x200, 9K)

Yeah it's very comfy. A good chunk of the development on that comes from the Plover community, I managed to hack out the initial firmware and they went ham on optimizing/layouts. Ignore those images, that was the original idea for GergoPlex but it's getting scrapped.

A truly portable keyboard is a interesting design challenge you can't have hard edges, keys need to be able to take a ton of force and must be extremely low profile. Also it's going to get so much abuse it's not funny. I'll have to do some thinking.

All Gergos have the same Lain silks, that's just how it is. Every board has a theme, like for GergoPlex I'm aiming for Pi (1998) theme.

thomasbaart.nl/2019/01/20/vertikeeb-making-a-vertical-keyboard-part-1/

A little PCB design and a 3d printer and your memes can be reality!

Just get some of those little LED strips that can be powered off 5v. Find the power traces and hack that into your board. If you're lucky you'll still be under the 500mA before your hub shuts down.

Nope, def in stock. All Gergos are Lain as fuck

In theory, the big issue here is I suck at FW dev and there's limited code space and execution time with everything else going on. Could be much better then mousekeys though. The trackball is being reworked to not be ass :/

1. See above
2. Ricegoons gonna rice. Can just whack keys in there if you don't want to rep that crkbd look.
3. Parallel. Gergo isn't going away and will be run until people stop buying it :P
4. Noted! I'll add that to the Xanadoc! Comfort is very important especially between programming and general text input.
5. Yeah it really fucking is. r3 has a new case that waas designed by a guy that does cases. It fits switches properly now, is symetric and not a janky ass POS. I'll upload it to the repo right quick.

github.com/germ/gergo-case/tree/master/Gergo/LASER

Based Cananon.

Attached: unknown.png (1505x386, 40K)

Thanks based gergoanon

do the gergo protocol b-stock include the needed electronics?

That they do, they're just sold as kits is all. The connectors should be fine, just be sure to shore them up with a bunch of solder and some epoxy or hot glue if you're feeling paranoid.

Contact? And I assume you'd print one to my specs too, I wouldn't need to print my own body for you?

Yea, I'd print & build the whole thing. Just send an email to [email protected].

Dog, just get a email address going that won't expire. Use cock.li for extra meme. :D

Sure why not, make it [email protected] then.

Man it's quiet in here tonight. If anyone is looking for something fucked to look into check out Project Xanadu.

The programmability isn't as big a draw as the ergonomics.

Has anyone ever tried a thumb hub like the one in the picture? Looks comfy as fuck, but I have never seen it.

Attached: Shortcut_3s.jpg (1080x777, 143K)

I'm trying to print a case at this moment with another piece that slips around and holds the halves together keys to keys. From the test prints, it should be low profile enough to work. Not be edc level portable, but it should fit in a normal pants pocket if I know I'll be using someone elses computer and don't want to be crippled with their layout that I'm maybe 10wpm on without looking.

Hit that repo, there was some basic work done on a sick foldable case, might be useful for you.

Make sure to keep some space for your cables!

When is the new /HHKB/ out?
I want a meme board but the office budget closes in September.

some guy on reddit made this

Attached: nvhx323pgy931.jpg (1600x1003, 376K)

Oh shit. That sounds even better! Was it for Georgi or Gergo?

>Every board has a theme, like for GergoPlex I'm aiming for Pi (1998) theme.
interesting, how are you planning to achieve that?

whatever happened to ergonomic keyboards?

My girlfriend won a daskeyboard X50. Anyone got any experience with those?
I'm not into full-size and she is looking to sell.

Attached: 20190713_113935.jpg (4032x3024, 3.05M)

Nice idea, it could be great with some tactile feedback marking 8 positions, for example

nice wrist rests, enjoy your arthritis
though I need a trackpoint on my dactyl manuform as well

Remind me what the shape and purpose of a gergoplex is again? I know it's supposed to be "a smaller gergo" or something but what exactly does it look like

>A truly portable keyboard is a interesting design challenge you can't have hard edges, keys need to be able to take a ton of force and must be extremely low profile. Also it's going to get so much abuse it's not funny. I'll have to do some thinking.
S A N D W I C H C A S E
A
N
D
W
I
C
H

Jow Forums where can i find an entirely white keyboard?

Not in america or britain.

Attached: 1538622504017.jpg (220x240, 14K)

interdasting, i got interested in this ever since seeing that one video on that one shill on utub

i think its worth a try since i can use a shitty non mechanical kb for it

banggood.com/Xiaomi-Yuemi-MK01-87-Keys-TTC-Red-Switch-White-Backlit-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-p-1338976.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=HK

Xiaomi MK01 - 32$ on sale
Just received it today, new TTC switches with lens for SMD LED, way better than old version with a hole in which the dust and debris would get stuck and killed the led.
It's great, best reds i've tried so far, overall build quality is impressive.

A 100$+ keyboard for a price of 30$, it's a steal.

Also for rice check out the SA PBT Doubleshot keycaps for 16$ and coiled usb cable for 11$
aliexpress.com/item/32995558320.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2b924c4dbx2vZc
aliexpress.com/item/32870862646.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.62783c00KYbgPM

Aliexpress has it.

Matte black dithered silks like Gergo v1, except y'know matte. Have a few images that would work well, a top shot of a Go board, a macroscopic shot of a Ant head and some other stuff.

I don't actually know yet. In the middle of writing out a novel on Ergonomics and trying to get that in order. It's going to be a bunch of tradeoffs however it looks. All I know is that wrist motion must be reduced.

>Buying expensive ABS keycaps
Aahahahahhahahahhahaahaa what a retard

>2. Ricegoons gonna rice. Can just whack keys in there if you don't want to rep that crkbd look.
What I meant is, what is it? How does it work? Is it exposed via QMK like the infinity ergodox?

>r3 has a new case that waas designed by a guy that does cases. It fits switches properly now, is symetric and not a janky ass POS.
Nice, you gonna sell it? I don't have access to any easy way to cut/print it myself.

What are Jow Forums's favorite switches?

i always wanted to try a tkl keyboard, for 30$ this sounds great, too bad i don't think i'd like the red switches. is there any similar sale?

clickbars, though I played with novelkey's cream switches and they were pretty nice for linears.

>want ducky white TKL keyboard with rgb lighting
>BLACK one/one 2/shine # RGB 100%/TKL/60%
>white one 2 WHITE led
>one 2 MINI white rgb
they have literally every combination but what i want. why make a white one 2 board with white leds when every other board has rgb? you could still make the leds white with custom rgb lights. like what the fuck

I think I should've gotten a black/dark DSA set for my dactyl manuform mini
I'll have to waste another 20 bucks now
gayteron brown, the typists choiceâ„¢
I saw someone in the DROP discussions trying to justify the cost talking about the super high manufacturing precision
meanwhile the dude probably couldn't tell the difference between a $20 aliexpress cherry profile set and a GiMmicK set (yeah the PBT ali set would probably be better actually)

Attached: daccies.jpg (1500x1000, 168K)

buy german brands
support the german economy.

Are you 12? How mentally undeveloped are you in order to actually consider buying a RGB keyboard.

Not everyone who likes something that looks better than 1960s pc shit is a kid.

Here's your dream board you contrarian hipster. Don't forget your scarf and latte.

Attached: ibm_model_f_xt.png (1350x511, 862K)

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure GMK paid a pretty penny for the tooling and I'm sure their tolerances are great and everything. And I'm sure the colors are excellent.

It just doesn't matter because it's fucking ABS.

>XT
Yup definitely retarded. It's okay user I'm sure by the time you're 40 you'll have the mental capacity of an adult.

sounds great, you happen to know of any non-chinese brands?

It's pretty clear the only person who needs to grow up here is you.

sorry mate, western, korean and japanese brands only make keyboards in black, black and red, gunmetal or beige

>it's either a beige IBM or a retarded lightshow
there are plenty of modern-looking or colorful stuff without strapping useless lights everywhere

Attached: large_MA87M2WWBPe7Hv_main.jpg (1500x1000, 155K)

>lightshow, useless lights everywhere
Nice leap in logic buddy.

Well if you want to spend 100-500$ there are plenty of non chinese brands. But have fun finding a 30$ non chinese keyboard.
Who gives a fuck, if it's german i bet a Hamid is assembling it, not Hans.

Oh! Yeah, it's a I2C device that has a QMK driver. You can also do all sorts of other shit with it if you read the SSD13whateverthefuckinqmk/drivers datasheet!

And yeah, already got a bunch cut. Need to test the fit and then update the store :)

Lever switches!

Attached: JPEG_20190707_175825.jpg (3024x3026, 1.51M)

nice varmilo, thought about buying one, not sure if TKL or fullsize, i heard you can contact them and ask exactly how you want the keyboard (switches, led colors, etc)

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3736
this should be good for the price

I need a keyboard for my office computer.
We use an open office layout so it can't be any louder than a membrane keyboard.
I was thinking of buying a keyboard that uses MX Reds and then installing O switches on it

most membrane keyboards use rubber domes for tactility. cherry reds are linear and have no tactile feedback, which is fine if you like linears. also o-rings only quiet down the noise you make when you bottom out, they do not silence the upstroke which is also pretty loud. look for silencing clips since the quiet down both. gmk makes some that are readily available.
or
you can get a silenced switch like cherry silent reds/blacks, gateron browns/aliaz, or zilents.

I bought this for office and installed a hefty 2mm clear silicone orings. Best shit i've tried so far and its less annoying that shitty membrane. Also fuck tactility this is great.

>he doesn't use a microsoft sculpt

Attached: mayuko.png (1136x656, 1.39M)

pls post pic of assembled case

>membranes
BIG YIKES

Attached: girls_holding_Happy_Hacking_Keyboard_Japan.jpg (2048x1598, 575K)

>>membranes
its actually membrane plus rubber dome

Topres don't use membranes tho, they only have rubber domes.
>tfw no good feeling of oneness with cup rubber

Attached: Iris.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

It's a pretty decent split keyboard for the office because it's silent.

>no adjustable tenting
>decent
at least it has both forward and backwards tilt which makes it mediocre at best.

honestly box pale blue, lubed blacks or reds, and a topre is all you need for eternal euphoriaaa
also should I sell all of my keyboards and just buy every different color of FC660M PD and put different switches in each of them?

Attached: latemarch.jpg (1412x1059, 630K)

nah, just buy two-tone keycaps in white + color of the switch

wait what I'm a fucking retard this morning
Are you saying just buy a bunch of the beige FC660M's and put each different switch I like in them?
or are you saying like the color of the legends should match that of the stem? because that would be awesome
sorry can you clarify because I actually want to just buy like 9 Leopoldos rn

Attached: IMG_20190326_132511-01.jpg (3683x2759, 3.06M)

I meant that a two tone keyboard that's white + whatever colour the switch comes in is a fun idea
ofc white + different legend colours could be fun as well

nice yeah I'm definitely going to get more leopolds,
what keyboards do you have right now?

My 980m is about 1u too wide for my set up so it fucks me up but I like linears a lot for video games.
also the Leopold keycap profile hurts my fingers in very spammy games but still.
Probably going to get a 660M and put in Box White with 25g sprit click bars and keep stock caps.
Replace the OEM profile double shots on my pale blue TKL with SA/MT3/KAT profile keycaps.
Leave 980m with cherry/gateron hybrid blacks alone.
Try to repair battery that doesn't hold a charge in my VB87M and if it works sell it if it doesn't just put scrap switches in it.
Keep 660c, sell HHKB.
Solder in maybe a MX tactile to my noppoo chop mini. Thinking I'm going to import 100 kbdfans t1's from the oem in China on Alibaba.

Attached: IMG_20190316_160511-01.jpg (1920x1061, 842K)

Reccomend a nice buckling spring that won't break the bank please.

Either go dumpster/thrift store diving, or find a crappy Model M on craiglist or something and clean it yourself.

>blacks or reds
>no yellows

It's almlst impossible now to find someone with a model M that dont know what they have

Well yeah I had thought using whatever spring weight you want is kind of just implied.
Yellows are awesome, basically the best springs available in a switch. Anything better has to come from scamman sam sprit
I'm unironically just going to lube retooled cherry reds at some point because really I don't think the extra 25g or so in my hybrid blacks or the gateron stem in cherry housing has any point.
Do you or anyone else here know anything about optical(and all the other words for the same shit) switches? It seems to me that for video games having the switch actuate as early as possible(which is possible with the new board from that company with adjustable actuation distance) is just objectively better because it will reduce brain->server lag. Also they seem to just be strictly superior to normal linears because of reduced friction as there is no leaf.
I've been looking at the igk61(uses gat opticals), wooting's stuff, and this steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-pro i might literally buy that rgb gaming keyboard and lube it just for the optical switch/adjustable actuation

Attached: 88b8963ca447005a47ca518a29211f95_original.gif (500x500, 842K)

That's not true you can regularly find IBM keyboards for cheap. There's a guy that's selling a model F AT, but he's too far away
vermont.craigslist.org/ele/d/swanton-vintage-electronics-heathkit/6902049245.html
If anyone else wants it be my guest

Attached: My SSKs.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

I wish there were a way to do a modern keyboard inside of the SSK chassis, it's actually one of the best looking TKL chassis ever made including insane $800 custom shit from korea.
If you don't mind the 2kro and buckling spring then god bless you and your true endgame

Wooting and Steelseries are the only ones that have adjustable actuation points thanks to the nature of their sensing mechanism, as far as I'm aware.
Those Gateron opticals just block the light from an LED at the bottom once they reach a certain point, which is then picked up by a sensor on the other side and registered as a key press.