Flutter

What do you guys think about Flutter? You have to know dart but it is very easy to pickup. Anyone have any long term experiences in developing with it?

Attached: Google-flutter-logo (1).png (400x200, 11K)

>frameworks
Learn to be a real programmer faggot

I am a "programmer"...nothing wrong with having more skills in an economy that demands such

retard

People who talk shit about flutter haven't used it. It may not be super widespread yet but it's the real deal

dart made sure flutter will be canned by google in a couple of years
there are many more reasons but I don't get paid to review shitty tech

framework of the weekend google will drop it on monday

I did tried Flutter recently but it does have a delay when you click buttons for the first time.

never had that issue. Check your code bro.

It's the example app that comes with Android Studio.

I use it at work once in a while when I need to make a quick ui. Dart is a relatively easy language to pick up and it's really nice to use something declarative for UIs rather than having tons of boilerplate. My only grip is that dart isn't statically typed, so I sometimes have to deal with bullshit type errors at runtime (a prime example is serialization).

Widgets are gay and you should be ashamed

Homo

You have to be 18 to post here

Attached: for_you.png (531x155, 30K)

I just wish it had more libraries and some ffi

I had to learn something to make simple frontends and majority of opinions I found online were similar to . I'm using React Native for now, but still curious about Flutter.

It's amazing for making custom UI.
If you want to make something (boring) that uses the native UI, especially on iOS, it's the wrong thing.

Otherwise, it's fucking perfect. I NEVER EVER want to go back to doing imperative UI ever again. Flutter + RXDart = perfect.

Can you name a few of Flutter's features that make it easier to work with than React Native or some other framework? Genuinely interested.

I haven't worked with react native too thoroughly, but navigation is much less fucked in my opinion and built into the framework, and layout, too. You don't get shitty, worse psedo-css flexbox garbage, but elements for layout and box decoration.
Flutter comes with a lot of components out of the box that compose very, very well and allow you to make your own components that look and behave the way you want extremely easily, without having to go down to "shit, I'll just paint it myself" as you'd usually do with UIKit.
StreamBuilder also works extremely well with Dart's built in Streams (which are further improved on by RXDart) for efficient, flexible and understandable deep state management without the kind of boilerplate something like Redux requires.

user, you can do better than this. Spin the un creative meme reply wheel with the settings on extra seethe and try again.

Change economy

It's based. 8 years ago I had to develop some Android app and it was a mess of Java, XML and background magic shit. Last year I developed an app idea I had and did it in Flutter - which was the right choice. Just one language, everything is a widget, performance is decent, state management is sane (you have to tell the framework explitely if you want to change state). Hot reload is cool.

Why would it be a better choice than React?

i have some experience in it, working on an app for some months with the intent to put it on play store and maybe apple store

UI implementation is super easy and in general works very well, the learning curve is steep and you have a good looking product fast, the app logic behind it is somewhat less intuitive as there are a lot of patterns you could use, like redux and stuff, so there isnt a consensus on what to use in general

Then there are some problems with Flutter itself like unfixed bugs which may are problematic in production apps, and missing functions like integrated youtube player (last time i checked it wasnt possible to view/play youtube videos directly in the UI)

In any case its future proof to get into Flutter, as its being used in the upcoming google mobile OS for all the UI

>Anyone have any long term experience
it hasn't been around for that long. learning java and making apps like that is more convenient from average Jow Forumstards perspective because you learn skills necessary to wageslave your entire life.
nobody demands flutter

Never use google `technologies`

>flavour of the month webshit framework #88272
thanks but no thanks
>but this one is the real thing this time
yeah sure

It's great. Will be the defacto way of making apps in couple years.

>It's the example app that comes with Android Studio.
Did you even compile a release build of it?

Flutter has a hot reload that doesn't reset the state of your views.

this, atleast for "android" devices which wont be called android anymore anyway

Absolute garbage, like everything that came out of Google's ass

What's your preferred state management solution?

This, it’s going to be deprecated or backwards compatibility will be killed in no time

Give an example where this has happened in the past.

Angular

Retard

You obviously don’t have to not be a posed faggot to post here, but I wish webtrannies would get off my board.

Still actively developed.

Not an example.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13-22-28-00-012_com.brave.browser.jpg (1200x1046, 111K)

>he doesn’t know
Also GWT.

GWT was deprecated by the advancements in Javascript programming long time ago. It didn't die because Google cut the support, but because it was not needed anymore.

Android apis shitfest, python3, go, dart, kotlin. those langs will all be dropped for swift which will be dropped for a new memelang at google.

How new r u? Google kills everything that is not Ads, Android, or Chrome like Android wear and google glasses/answers/plus

Again, give specific examples. Google traditionally kills services, not technologies like Dart/Flutter. Google Glasses/Answers/Plus are all services or sold products, not technologies.

Polymer.

Last stable release two months ago, doesn't seem dead to me.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13-23-53-32-504_com.brave.browser.jpg (1200x410, 120K)

They pretty much completely replaced the library. Twice. Everyone who began to use Polymer too early in their projects is regretting it.
Google now recommends everyone to use lit-html with lit-element instead. The original, data-binding heavy Polymer is dead.
Good riddance, but terrible for everyone who use it, especially those who used the one that was based on WebComponents V0.