Apple hasn't contributed anything positive to computers since NeXT. Prove me wrong

Apple hasn't contributed anything positive to computers since NeXT. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1200px-NEXT_Cube-IMG_7154.jpg (1200x800, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhapsody_(operating_system)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Apple hasn't contributed anything positive to computers. Prove me wrong.

APPLETODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1562116473286.gif (640x358, 1.94M)

The only reason Applel bought NeXT was to re-aquire Steve Jobs.

Applel had nothing to do with NeXT computers.

MacOS is still the only desktop OS that does high PPI perfectly

Attached: retina.jpg (1280x1706, 843K)

Yeah comparing a 5K display with some 1080p display is the same thing.

Street shit harder iJeet.

Attached: 1543248413390.png (662x580, 126K)

They're a photo of the same exact screen

Facts don't care about your feelings

>mactoddlers universally don't understand the difference between font rendering vs having a high PPI display
See what you don't understand is that macos has shit font rendering, which is why high PPI displays are absolutely necessary for them to not look like total shit. Meanwhile every other OS on the planet has decent to great font rendering and look fine even on low PPI displays.

but wasn't next pretty much the what osx was based on?

>set screen to low resolution
>LOLOL LOONIX SUX LOOK GUISE
Street shit harder iJeet.

The resolution was the same. Do you not understand the difference between UI scaling and resolution?
I thought this was supposed to be the technology board. Maybe I'm on /v/ again by accident.

Attached: 1556831257859.png (614x614, 343K)

>See what you don't understand is that macos has shit font rendering
Accurate typography is shit now. You heard it here first.

>The resolution was the same.
0/10
You're not even trying street shitter. No rupees for you today.

Attached: 1543558218998.jpg (643x960, 255K)

NeXT was the same shit as Apple, it just didn't market primarily to retards.

The resolution was 2880x1800 for both photos. There was no resolution scaling either. Both photos show the screen running natively at 2880x1800. The only difference is the size of the UI elements.
This isn't a very hard concept, though I guess for Jow Forums tweens it is. Probably because your computer can't even do something like this without obvious visual errors.

Attached: -g- doesn't know shit about technology.png (1440x851, 128K)

see

see

OSX was based on Rhapsody...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhapsody_(operating_system)

... which was based on NeXTSTEP.

that wasn't apple

>that wasn't apple

That's basically what I said ().

OP's not the swiftest tool in the fridge.

This.

he's probably just another zoomer

>The resolution was the same.
How do we know that?

Okay, assume the top screen is 7680x4320, and the bottom was 2880x1800. Does it change anything?

I assume you shit in the street because there's no way those two are both running HiDPI at the same resolution unless you're intentionally running a distro from 2005 or some shit that doesn't support HiDPI.

If you take a photo of a high PPI screen very close up, and a photo of a low PPI screen very far away, will they look the same?

Attached: 650.gif (650x220, 4K)

The iPhone UI was a much better pocket computer interface than any other before it, that's why it took and expanded the market, and inspired any other successful GUI that came after.

itunes
>b-b-but it's not good software!
it's about apple pioneering low prices and lack of drm

i cant

Apple gave us OpenCL, that's something

> be based jobs
> gets booted from his own company
> it's cool.. kinda mad, but starts another company.
> develops a machine that was pretty fuckin kick ass for the time and had a great operating system
> meanwhile at apple..
> desperation for a new and stable operating system is needed
> all their efforts were cancer
> realize jobs' NeXTSTEP is pretty fucking awesome in comparison to apple's lame efforts
> apple drives several semi-trailers full of cash
apple may have bought NeXT, but it wasn't their idea or creation, captain faggot.

Attached: 1543768753303.png (696x534, 576K)

1080p is somehow better then 5k just because Apple has the latter? God you PC fags are pathetic.

Next you are going to tell me that the iPhone was nothing new because tablets existed before then.

Attached: Apple Newton.jpg (1280x800, 103K)

>apple may have bought NeXT

For all practical purposes, NeXT bought Apple.

i remember using that thing when it came out a fair bit. it was pretty cool but the handwriting to text input was fussy.
yea true.

Kek

i wonder how history would have gone if NEXT was never bought by apple

they probably would have bought Be instead and died in the 2000s without Jobs to help properly diversify them beyond desktop/laptop computers

what would NEXT be like?

dead or merged with someone else by the 2000s and directing whatever they're doing probably

but NEXT was better than apple, why would they die if jobs was at the helm?

NExT was never successful. They were on the verge of failure when Apple bought them.

Defined the smartphone UI, tablet UI, and smartphone UI, made the three categories mainstream. There's more to a product than raw technology (design, marketing, distribution, etc) - Steve Jobs learned that the hard way when NeXT computers sold poorly.

I meant smartwatch UI for the third.

That wheel from their mp3-player was great. The rest is crap.