Untitled

Andrew Bell
Andrew Bell

twitter.com/oasace/status/1149181539000864769
discuss

Attached: D-Kyx5wUEAEanEg.jpg:large.jpg (691 KB, 1415x1264)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html
web.archive.org/web/20190527183103/https://www.hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html
github.com/lorents17/iCatalyst

Charles Foster
Charles Foster

transcript for those who don't want to click:
facebook is embedding tracking data inside photos you download.
I noticed a structural abnormality when looking at a hex dump of an image file from an unknown origin only to discover it contained what I now understand is an IPTC special instruction. Shocking level of tracking..

Landon Rodriguez
Landon Rodriguez

Bump

Aiden Mitchell
Aiden Mitchell

hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html
Welcome to 2014

Jack Powell
Jack Powell

>FB injecting tracking shit into uploaded photos
>shocking
Pick one.

Because it is currently down at the moment:
web.archive.org/web/20190527183103/https://www.hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html

Brody Gomez
Brody Gomez

Just like what Best Korea was criticized for in their Red-Star OS

Dominic Green
Dominic Green

exiftool image.jpg

Current IPTC Digest: ...
Special Instructions: FBMD...

exiftool image.jpg -all=

Solved.

Eli Johnson
Eli Johnson

Does this work?

Andrew Perry
Andrew Perry

it works

Julian Robinson
Julian Robinson

So when you download a picture from FB it contains metadata that associates the file to your username/where&when you downloaded it/etc and they can read this info should you upload the file again?

Hunter Lee
Hunter Lee

shocking level of tracking
It's what I had expected.
Google does the same for more plainly visible things like URLs you copy from their search results. It ends when you've clicked through and copy from the url bad naturally. Not sure how far it identifies you but I would imagine it's to the level of a username/email account if you're logged in.

Daniel James
Daniel James

Does this work?
There are also lossless image optimizers that optimize image encoding with black magic. They should scramble many types of stenography in the image. Also they strip out exif to save space. Point is don't just use an exif stripper, modify the image somehow.

github.com/lorents17/iCatalyst

Ethan Price
Ethan Price

More or less. You can just nuke metadata, though.

Robert Davis
Robert Davis

I don't care that much
Usually when I download pictures off of FB it's for... research purposes... and I'm not going to be uploading the images anywhere else

Aiden Sullivan
Aiden Sullivan

Instagram do this too

Chase Morales
Chase Morales

God stop being fucking ADHD and care then. Running a script on an entire folder isn't even hard.

Jeremiah Fisher
Jeremiah Fisher

It doesn't hurt to do that. Simple python script could do it.

Ryan Brown
Ryan Brown

still using kikeebook
holy fucking lol desu desu desu

Attached: 4be17df533c9.gif (49 KB, 540x540)

Jace Baker
Jace Baker

OP posts important information most people don't know about
STOP FUCKING POSTING REEEE
nu-Jow Forums is awful. just commit suicide.

Thomas Campbell
Thomas Campbell

important
Twatter rants about Fecesbook tracking bullshit? Are you legit retarded? Who the fuck cares about Fecesbook tracking and still uses it? KYS

Levi Cruz
Levi Cruz

The important thing to take away is that it is actually happening, and if facebook does it then theres no reason why every other company wouldnt. Imma go write my exif script.

Jace King
Jace King

mac user
default color scheme
random hex dump
totally legit

Mason Long
Mason Long

retard

Jordan Nguyen
Jordan Nguyen

Imma go write my exif script.
Post it when you're done. I've been meaning to do it myself for a long time but I've been lazy.

Tyler Cook
Tyler Cook

changing exif would not work if they put data in the image. Lets say they take an image file and encrypt the ip/username into an 8 bit word. Just append that to the end of the image data. It would appear on the screen as nothing.

You can make some experiments by taking a file of random numbers, put a jpg header and post the image. Not take the original random number file and put your ip in there, then reattach the header. Post the image, and you'll see its an insignificant bit.

Attached: wucit.jpg (67 KB, 600x645)

Ian Flores
Ian Flores

This has been known for years

Jason Flores
Jason Flores

That Verge article about Facebook moderator contractor sweatshops at the bottom of the comments

Attached: 1559517334838.png (317 KB, 796x712)

Jayden Ramirez
Jayden Ramirez

[spoiler]sneed[/spoiler]

Lucas Cooper
Lucas Cooper

This is why you take a screenshot instead of downloading pics from kikebook or instaberg

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit