Why are Steelseries products so shitty?

Why are Steelseries products so shitty?

Which mouse do you use?

Attached: 03197FBD-44CC-4864-9567-9DF2071DC16F.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/5zMIl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Logitech G403
Anything more expensive/with more lights/more buttons is just permavirgin gaymer junk
Anything cheaper is just chinky chonky garbage

mx master II

Logitech G400s
Clunky as shit but the mold is from the '90s and the design is sound. I've used mine for half a decade. Very simple PCBs, easy to repair any failures.

Which mouse pad do you guys use?

'Mousepad' from the local version of Amazon
Make sure to get a somewhat big one

logitech mx master 2s best mouse iv'e ever used

Are those with wrist holders better? For ergonomics?

G Pro Wireless with the wireless charging mousepad. I anticipate it's the only mouse I'm ever going to need, since the only thing I didn't like about the regular G Pro was how the braided cable would drag on my desk.

It's perhaps too expensive. I don't mind, since nothing else is quite as good.

are you that one schizo that has no self-conscious and keeps making new threads for every thought

A G Pro wireless. I soldered in japanese omrons to replace the shitty chinese ones, took out the powerplay magnets and put some better mousefeet on it. Can't ever go back to wired now, a wireless mouse that weighs 73g is so much better.

I personally don't like those but if you have painful wrists by all means get one.
I would just go for a black mousemat with anti slip on the bottom side.

I've never had a mousepad actually be anti-slip.
the solution's always tack or double-sided tape

Nowadays they come like that by default. They're like a piece of cloth with rubber underneath. Much better than the plastic garbage from the 2000s

Gayming peripherals in general are shitty.

Steelseris QcK+

>Which mouse do you use?
The cheapest not bottom of the barrel garbage I could find. This is not something to be investing money in.

Logitech g900 with razer sphex v2. A bit thiccer than sphex v1 but tracking is better. It's not very noticeable on g900, but it was very hard to find a pad that my previous Zowie FC2 worked on. In the end, it failed on every pad but sphex v2 was the least painful.

I wonder where the old shitposters went. Just a few years ago you could buy a mouse with a perfect sensor for $45 and it would easily have enough build quality to last 10 years with minor repairs.

been using mine for 2 years, works fine and looks still very good.

Attached: IMG_20190713_140924.jpg (1920x2560, 1.8M)

>CTRL+F
>Genius
>0 results
why

I've had this mousepad for 10 years now, it's been in the shower a couple times and still does the job fine

I've had mine for years too but the rubber pads on the sides are wearing off

I don't know why people even buy mice with rubberized sides. Plastic with a coat is so much much more durable and less disgusting.

Before this one I had the original MX518 with plastic sides and it was amazing. Rubber SUCKS.

The bad thing with the MX518 though is the scroll. my mx518 is old now so the scroll wheel rubber gets sticky, and it's just a poor scroll wheel overall.

I was considering the new "Logitech G MX518" but it also has a shitty scroll wheel. Not sure what to replace my Steelseries Rival with.

Use: deathadder
Want: zowie

old deathadder I got for 25bucks on chinkexpress. No regrets, it's also one of the few gamer mouses that's not designed for manlet hands

Nigga the MX5xx/G4xx are easy as fuck to disassemble and they have excellent part interchangeability. Just get a scroll wheel or a dud mouse from ebay.

These scroll wheels are legit the bees knees. It's just an optical sensor and a wheel tensioned by a spring. If you don't like how it feels it's easy to mod.

I have the 2019 518 but I don't like how the shell feels. There's almost no performance benefit so I just use my G400s. I'll swap the shells later when I get bored.

I use more buttons to switch DPIs, take screenshots, and switch virtual desktops. Good for my workflow. Lets me do a lot of shit one handed so I can dine al desko.

The gamer shit is the best shit. I am a permavirgin but I am no gaymer.

G403

I had the steelseries rival (no number, just one early model) and between it having a buggy scrolling wheel that would go up or down depending on its mood, that rubber coming off and how shitty the surface coating was I had to replace it.

This one ain't amazing but it does the job.

Logitech G102, literally makes cracking sounds every time I squeeze it I could fix it with few simple stems but I would loose warranty, too lazy to fill a complaint about it.

g503
I don’t know why steelseries is so shitty, the last one i owned had the rubber side grip fall off because the glue failed

I use a G305, personally I want the Model O or a new Zowie FK2 (which I used before I got the G305). I like the sensor on the G305 but the shape is really shit since I have medium-large hands. I would also consider the G Pro Wireless but that shit is too damn expensive

Logitech G1 switching to G102 soon

Attached: 41xUXDhzzsL._SX355_.jpg (355x315, 12K)

I had g403 before I bought steelseries rival 710. It was good but the fucking mousewheel started scrolling up when scrolling down sometimes after like couple of months. I don't have this problem with rival 710. I like it so far.

Zowie ec1-a

yeah same thing happened to me. steelseries suck, rubber comes off and scrolling wheel is terrible.

EC1-A
>big
>simple design
>has no gay RGB
>easy to clean
>has a nice sensor
Far the best mouse I've ever had.

Attached: __illyasviel_von_einzbern_fate_kaleid_liner_prisma_illya_and_etc__cabb5b1d754d73dafdb1606b1ee95db8.p (1500x2668, 2.89M)

Logitech MX Master 2S. Miss me with that "gay men" junk.

Attached: 219749-L-LO.jpg (400x400, 13K)

Asus ROG Gladius.
Has non soldered, meant to be replaceable switches and a removable micro usb cable.

>non-soldered user replaceable switches
Okay, but what about the scroll wheel? Is that user replaceable too?

i have that exact same model and it is still ok. maybe you should try not to press on it with your thumb like screeching autistic faggot.

razer naga molten, that thing is a real trooper, I own it for probably over 6 years now and it only recently started double clicking which can be fixed by blowing in it
my table lol

Attached: naga molten.jpg (640x491, 42K)

zowie is best no gay drivers and no gay leds
also built to last

>the last one i owned had the rubber side grip fall off because the glue failed3
I'm using Sensei Wireless.
This was happening to me all the time until it wasn't.
Now it sticks again and Lord knows why.
Still using the same mouse but SteelSeries is FAR from quality.

Come home to the G502 brother
>perfect weight
>perfect amount of buttons
>best sensor
>best shape
>extra weights if you want
>relatively cheap
Scrollwheel is meh though.

>not owning a G502

Attached: damn nigga.png (900x729, 129K)

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (2500x1582, 513K)

im using a steelseriers rival 110 and its pretty good. before i used rival 100, that worked for almost 2 years.

I use a razer naga epic which I bought 2014 I think, and just like yours its only recently started double clicking but otherwise it's a beast even though the cable has started fraying a lot

Why would you buy something made by d*nes?

Attached: slaget_vid_lund.jpg (607x607, 91K)

Logitech G603. Don't care about the weight, it's so good.

The buttons are garbage though. I got used to the hump on the back. If they didn't integrate the buttons into the main shell, like the g702, would be sweet.

I actually use that one in op pic and love it desu

logitech g502 - very satisfied but cable just popped out of braiding and looks funny, still using it occasionally
razer naga chroma cabled - very good for mmorpgs, shit at everything else, easy to slip from hand. only using it when i wanna play mmorpgs
logitech m720 - former office mouse, very comfortable, can swap devices with 1 click, free scroll.
logitech m590 - current office mouse, just using it because it's silent and people can't notice when i'm playing games.
logitech g900 - the one i'm using now. absolutely wonderful, wired/wireless, fast response. kinda light, heard 903 has extra weight customization.

You are like a little babby. Watch this

Attached: IMG_20190713_162527.jpg (3968x2976, 2.35M)

G Pro Wireless and Swift-RX Mousepad

Fuck you that mouse is great. You can gouge out the sides with a knife and buy replacement grips off Aliexpress. I also heard they fixed the grip wear with later productions which you can tell by the size of the dots whether it's new or old.

I did that exact same thing on my Logitech mouse too. My Steelseries Rival is still perfect after about 6 months use. Mice wear down, they're not meant to last forever dude.

Attached: DHxnNSQW0AAzqTR.jpg (818x823, 97K)

G502 or bust
best mouse I've ever had
paired it with an extended Corsair mousepad.

Is the Odin really as good as people say? Anyone here have one?

Been using this steelseries sensei raw for 2 years with zero issues ot visible wear. Not bad for a $40 mouse

Attached: image.jpg (1626x1242, 2.02M)

I've been using this chinkshit mouse for over a year now.
I used to have a Razer Exactmat but decided to ditch it.

Attached: Redragon-M901-MMO-Gaming-Mouse.jpg (1224x948, 46K)

microsoft pro intellimouse + QcK

Any soft rubberized material is going to break sown into a crumbly goo given enough time and exposure to your skin. Its a lot worse for some people with more sweaty acidic skin. It also happens with tools. I've had hammers with their entire grips slowly dissolve into a putrid sticky mess.
The worst is when this happens to a rubber inlay on a mouse scroll wheel.

Do yourself a favor and buy something entirely hard plastic in the future. Anything soft to the touch will probably become gross over time.

Nice.

Attached: IMG_20190708_140355.jpg (3120x3120, 1.48M)

mx518

I've got the same one, it's about 5 years old and I bought it as a refurb.Still looks and works like new, and I use it everyday. I just wish it were a little heavier.

Same, same. Although I clean up mine with rubbing alcohol every now and then so its not full of grease and dead skin.

Steelseries Rival 700. Now I think I should display penis on side LED display.

Attached: Steelseries Rival 700.jpg (3000x2000, 1.46M)

Zowie EC1 eVo + a gun mat

I had one of those that would make a high pitch squeal

Is your scroll rolling stiff and the thumb buttons very light to click? I bought a used EC1-A and had those problems so I use a EC2-B instead.

exactly like razer, chink low quality shit behind a "gaming brand"

G600

i've been using the g302 since it came out. i won it from a logitech competition ages ago and it's still working perfectly. i don't even play games and have the disturbing light turned off.

Yeah all steelseries mouses suck, their rubber material so easily falls off

For me, it’s the g603 :)

i bought a "gaming mouse" that also has a mousepad for 10 bucks, the best thing is the cable isn't actually shit. best thing i bought for 10 bucks ecks dee

>G502
what the fuck is this moronic mouse. how is this optimal? its got all kinds of transformer toys sticking out and shit.

currently using an 3blue mouse because they are cheap. when it dies im probably gonna get a benq zowie. not sure what model yet but most csgo pros use them

Attached: 1549195314356.png (600x654, 254K)

This is it, scroll wheel is super nice

Attached: IMG_20190713_184431.jpg (4640x3480, 1.43M)

Logitech M187.
Mousepad: generic black square, comfy as hell.

>using an octagon-shaped mouse
Literally only vaguely tolerable if you have tiny girl hands
I used to use that mouse. It was okay, but go for either a Zowie mouse (EC1-A is what I use) or if you got big bucks get a G Pro Wireless

Talk me out of buying a Speedlink Tarios.

I still really like the Steelseries Sensei 310. Very well built, the clicks have the crisp Zowie feel. Though I do currently use the Model O, the lightness makes my hand fatigue less which is helpful since I work at a computer all day and then play vidya when I get off.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1599x1200, 255K)

>Why are Steelseries products so shitty?
>Which mouse do you use?
Using G102 / G203 master race. G305 seems based as well.

Qck heavy
Qck+ is breddy good, but paying an extra few bucks to get a mousepad that never flops around at the edges was worth it

Same here. Also mini version for travel

This is the 'nightmare to clean' mouse

yea i do. it is my main mouse right now and here is a list of other mice i've owned for comparison:
sensei 310
g pro
abyssus 2009
abyssus essential
deathadder
nixeus revel
naga v2

basically the model o is great if you're on a computer all day long like i am. i found that heavier mice, specifically my sensei 310 would fatigue my hand (mainly thumb and wrist joints) to the point where i would have to switch from my right hand to my left hand. with the model o i still do that, but much less often. its lightness is less fatiguing.

steelseries rival 110, I've had it for an year now and it still looks like brand new and works perfectly fine

Attached: steel series rival 110.png (1050x700, 190K)

Logitech G203, cost me $20 and it’s absoluely based. I used to have $100 mice before and this one is my favourite. It also doesn’t have that rubbery shit they like to put on everything, just nice plastic.

yea from what i've heard the click tension is more crisp and 'zowie-like' on the G203 than the G Pro's hyper response clicks. i should have gotten a G203 instead of the G Pro :\

you never ever used it then.
my config for browsing, makes it a lot easier than a shitty mouse

Attached: g502.png (1013x649, 378K)

A 53 gr g305

Attached: IMG-20190707-WA0000~2.jpg (1060x1056, 268K)

Currently using an MS Intellimouse Classic.
Anyone else had similar problems? Both sides of the mouse with the soft rubber parts are starting to disintegrate. Any better on the IM Pro?

Attached: intellimouse.jpg (686x406, 44K)

CoolerMaster MM530/Alcor hybrid build. Rubber grips on the 530 are utter shit, so I swapped in the shell from my old Alcor. Did just the same as the guy here.

imgur.com/a/5zMIl

Attached: product-p010870-14037_2.jpg (1650x717, 103K)

I used 3 of those mice to the point where it was touching hard plastic on the grip. The newer version has lasted as long as 2 of the previous ones so far and has no grip wear.

Acme MS12 :D
It cost like 6 euros 3 years ago and it's still good today

Attached: acem.jpg (423x252, 12K)

A4Tech x7 755bk
Programmable mouse with 10 buttons for 25bucks.
Served me well for.6 years and counting. Just don't forget to clean it once a year.