Lately they became too intrusive. What's the best alternative for this shit?

Lately they became too intrusive. What's the best alternative for this shit?

Attached: dropbox-02-1024x1024.png (1024x1024, 38K)

I will host you data

Upspin

syncthing

Google Drive

Host your own

Mega.
Or get a NAS, fiber connection and host your own.

>Lately
Look into Cryptomator its a program that stores an encrypted container in whatever cloud you use.

thanks.
you won't look at it, right?

can the virtual drive it creates be accessed from the browser interface? if not, what's the difference from just having a veracrypt folder on my pc that is synced on onedrive?

ftp

No, its a piece of software you run on your pc or phone. It integrates with your explorer like the Dropbox app would. The big difference with veracrypt is that Cryptomator does not store a mono container, but rather one that is stored in increments..
Having a 2 GB Vera container would mean youd have to re-upload the entire 2GB every time you edit a single bit

>Having a 2 GB Vera container would mean youd have to re-upload the entire 2GB every time you edit a single bit
doesn't dropbox do delta uploads/downloads? Though I guess with an encrypted container maybe every bit does change

Still no linux app

You are right. Conventionally, you edit a container, and the whole container is a new file thus overwriting the whole 2 GB. (only over a network)

If the delta part is doing its job, this could be reduced to packs as small as 128 bit. as this the smallest increment at which AES operates, though im not sure how this would hold up in practice.

At any case Cryptomator works like a charm despise crappy or good infrastructure.

There is tho

rclone it's protip

SMBv3 with forced encryption on some VPS.

Nextcloud or ownCloud

IDK how Dropbox got so popular. They were offering 3GB free while the competition was offering 50GB.

This would be my preference too, op :)

>The big difference with veracrypt is that Cryptomator does not store a mono container, but rather one that is stored in increments..
Interesting.
I had a 6 gb Veracrypt drive that I put on OneDrive. I soon found out that everytime you added a single file, it had to update the whole 6gb so I dropped that fast.

Hey! You found something to google!

/thread

They were offering 2 GB for free and a syncing desktop client when there was no competition besides classic ad-ridden OCHs and stuffing files into Gmail attachments.