Am I doing it right part 2. Got more parts and candy

Am I doing it right part 2. Got more parts and candy.

Attached: IMG_20190713_145205.jpg (4096x3072, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/257312/reports-of-ryzen-3000-high-idle-voltage-exaggerated-a-case-of-the-observer-effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thats not a Pcie SSD user, so yes you fucked up

lay off the candy you pathetic rotundo

It was 90e for 1tb so good deal for me. And sata speeds are enough.

>goldbears
based and redpilled

I assume it came with the order

Looks like an order from overclockers.uk they always send haribo with orders

based

Jimms Finland.

I said this yesterday but you know the x470 gaming pro has no bios flashback right ? only the b450 one

>noctua
perustettu ja punapilleröity

>Buying a cooler
Why? The wraith cooler is good enough. It's not like you'll be overclocking zen 2

Zen2 runs at 1.5v factory stock.
i have 50-60c IDLE on my 3700x if i dont undervolt the shit out of this cpu.

so yes, you need a good cooler.

You forgot the fire extinguisher.

>D15 for a CPU you can't overclock beyond stock

Your idle temp is more than my load temp on my Intel.

>MSI

Maybe you'll learn next computer.

But the shills said a big advantage of Ryzen is it comes with a cooler.

Post memory specs.

>ANUS
trash BIOS
>ASSROCK
garbage BIOS
>NIGGERBYTE
lel
>BIOSTAR
user i..

Asus bios is literally fine and how much time do you really spend in them anyways after the first day?

fuck off assrock shill

>msi
>bios takes longer to load than the OS

no it is not fine, shit doesn't even allow me to change disk boot priority. There is also this shitty LED that flashes when the PC is on standby, also the onboard fan controller is kill. I have had the board for less than 4 years. ANUS, never again.

So does that mobo have the gimped bios?

>cooler as big as the mainboard
is this real

>RGB
>GAMING PRO
You fucked it up

vastaa desu

i have the b450 carbon ac and i have the gimped bios, yes. i assume all 300 und 400 boards have gimped bios

>Noctua D15
You could've gotten a Scythe Fuma 2 or Ninja 5 that's better for half the price, you fucked up big time.

you forgot to capture your switch and onions milk sitting next to the boxes

is the gimped bios functionally just as good as the one with eyecandy? (aside from raidlessness)

>made in Turkey high fructose trash
Absolutely disgusting

d15, nice. i'm the faggot who bought the gaming shit in the old thread. nice idle voltages with zen 2. O_O

Attached: poof its dead.png (3147x1787, 1.44M)

yea basically the same. it lacks a few features tho.

for example you cant make a fan curve anymore. you have to type in numbers like in the old days. and DC fan control doesnt really seem to work.

you also cant save profiles. you only have 1 active profile at all times.

and the boot time seems unusual long(40+ secs).

but i think thats because its a beta bios. they will probably fix all this in the upcoming updates.

Don't listen to this retard.
t. Noctua Representative

yea i have to undervolt mine to get good temps. 1.2v on a all core 4.2ghz OC is pretty good.

better cinebench score, about -6 less fps in game, but 10-15c temp drop.

Attached: Screenshot_4.png (824x512, 64K)

3700x has better binned chiplet. 3600 gets the dregs so needs higher voltage. good perf, good value, but toasty. ryzen balanced doesn't work, the chip never drops clocks. voltage always 1.4 or above.

>NHD15
are you gonna OC to hell and back? Why get that big fucker otherwise? I'd rather use an AIO, I've had my fill of installing and cleaning giant heatsinks on my PC.
>WD Blue
what, too poor to buy a 970 Evo Plus?

its the same for 3700x. on stock i was on 1.5v and 50-60c idle.

try to undervolt yours. get a 4.2ghz OC on 1.35v then run cinebench. drop your voltage in small amounts until it crashes. thats the only way to find out if your stable or not. i assume you can get 1.2v on a 3600 too.

temps are under control. after trying out the box hsf just for curiosities sake i promptly put my old d14 on it. load voltage is around 1.36 but i'm not comfy with idle of 1.4+ so might try screwing around in the bios.

Attached: d14 ❤.png (3086x1599, 581K)

based and bearpilled
ftfy

>MSI
Awww, sorry to hear that.

Similar build here OP but X570, I'm going to see how the stock cooler performs, but if it's lacking it'll be noctua for me as well. Apparently MSI are giving out free AIO coolers if you buy their X570 boards, so I've applied for that promotion, gotta wait and see the outcome yet

It looks good in general, but I'll especially compliment the choice of cooling. AIO liquid coolers are a propaganda meme, just like thinking you're going to use over 2000 DPI on a mouse. They bench slightly worse than air coolers at significantly higher prices. Noctua D15 is quality.

>pci express 3
or
>chipset fan

are they the choices AMD cucks have?

>The wraith cooler is good enough
If you think a jet engine is good enough than you clearly have never had the joys of a third party cooler.

What are you talking about ?
I have the wraith cooler and it never goes over 1k RPM.

You're doing it wrong because there is a whole thread for this

Intels choices are:

>PCI-E 3.0 and Backdoors
or
...oh wait that's it

And boards 2 to 3x more expensive than the Z390 counterpart, completely nullifying the price argument vs 9000-series lakes.

No, throw it out and start over.

i'm looking at the b450 gaming pro carbon. any downside you've noticed? i'm trying to decide between that and the asus prime x570-p. pcbg seems unable to help me

But a M.2 NVMe x4 TLC 1TB SSD costs 95 eur.
The downgrade really worth 5 yuros?

jimms a shit store

Attached: 1557253550168.jpg (1080x1070, 140K)

link plz (different user here)

Idle is fucked right now for some people
Mine runs at about 40°C stock paste, low voltage @ 1.15v, low freq and is quiet, my buddies is running at 4.3 ghz or something stupid idle and revs the fuck up whenever he does anything on his rig, even opening a browser

that is utterly insane. my 6600k idles at 23c
40c is under extreme load when i'm playing monster hunter or something

Lowest I've seen is 120€ though (not user you're replying to)

I don't care what the temps are at as long as it's well within the specs and the fan doesn't go crazy
It's specced up to 95°C, at the default tdp I'm at 75 or so all core max load when cinebenching or something

As I said in some other post, shit's fucked for some people
The cpu-z freq isn't accurate either, ryzen master shows me the values in pic

Attached: file.png (613x408, 74K)

i wish i could get comfy voltage like that. pic related is what i get with a fucking browser and uplay (inb4 uplay) open.

Attached: wtf.png (2707x1513, 678K)

Yeah I hope that they figure out the root of this issue

What's wrong with MSI?

Attached: Speccy.png (771x598, 47K)

Nothing. Their ryzen era line up is solid.

sorted it. it's steam causing the problem. wtf.

Attached: fuck u steam.png (3079x1412, 459K)

Doesn't help my buddy unfortunately, I have it on too

techpowerup.com/257312/reports-of-ryzen-3000-high-idle-voltage-exaggerated-a-case-of-the-observer-effect
not sure whats youre issue exactly but this could solve something

>D15
that's a big cooler

im more than positive that its an AGESA issue the only boards ive seen getting bios updates this week are high end boards

>23c idle
my room temperature is hotter than that.

Why is your cooler bigger than your board?

I picked one up and noticed abysmal post times - a problem that really bugs me. Now my new shiny PC takes twice as long as my old phenom machine

Mine idles at 38c. Lower if I sleep at night and just leave it on. The highest temp I got was like 72 while video encoding with handbrake.

I am using a scythe fuma though, which costs half the price of any noctua. I'm also using the shitty 212 evo paste because I lost the proper tube.

you picked up the pro carbon?

If you're buying a new board for the 3rd gen why not go for an x570? Out of curiosity? Price? Availability?

the fan is what i'm worried about. that's it. i'm having a crisis over here deciding.

Only if you just play games all day, AMD obliterates Intel at everything else

>WD20EZRX
>WD*0EZRZ
Those Blues are garbage, literally the old Greens rebranded.

I was looking to buy a computer, what intel boards have pcie 4.0?

>goldbergs

Attached: file.png (225x225, 113K)

You mean aside from all the B450 boards that apparently do PCIe4 just fine?

>i'm having a crisis over here deciding.
Just be glad you don't need an extra x8 slot (not for multiple GPU). The only X570 boards with those are >$250, everything cheaper gets a gimped x4 from the chipset instead. And then there's the stupid fan.
In contrast, almost all X470 boards can do x8/x8 for half the price, but the PCIe 2.0 chipset gimps you going forward. You get fucked one way or the other.

Nothing actually uses 4.0 aside from NVME SSDs with Phyzon controllers.

Don't worry, AMD is hard at work to make sure that won't be possible for long.

Never seen one, lowest goes for 120€.

>I said this yesterday but you know the x470 gaming pro has no bios flashback right ? only the b450 one
I'm using my friends 2700x to flash bios.

>Nothing actually uses 4.0 aside from NVME SSDs with Phyzon controllers.
hahahaha, cope harder intcel shill

>Price? Availability
These both

sup

Attached: chippy clippy.jpg (700x700, 44K)

Post examples of consumer-grade PCIe 4.0 hardware or go seethe somewhere else.

Did you want the chicken or the egg?

Ah yes, the RTX "just buy it" argument. Very convincing.

>low fps in rtx mode that will never improve on the cards available now
vs
>don't have to intel your board just to use new hardware in a few months
Life must be very difficult for you with such low IQ.