So Jow Forums, are you a 10x engineer?

So Jow Forums, are you a 10x engineer?

Attached: 2019-7-13_19-2-2.png (1440x7350, 2.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gustavopinto.org/lost found/icse2018.pdf
arxiv.org/pdf/1903.05277.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All that Pajeet's long winded bullshit could be summed up with the word autistic.

Why did I even bother reading it?

That last one is the biggest bullshit of all. If you are 10x more productive you know it and want to be paid shitloads.

so basically he's saying don't hire a normalfag

>They write code at the same ease as writing english
Pajeets BTFO

I don't shit on the street so no.

>10x engineer
The only thing he described was someone who's actually fit for the industry and not just in it for the money. Where the fuck did the term 10x come from.

Attached: 1559875443170.jpg (457x381, 35K)

>are you an autismo programmer
Yes

Because they do way better work than your average programmer.
I agree with you. So many people are only in it for the money or whatever other benefits they see. Like how you don't have to show up at 9 every morning.

No. That's not the case for autists. If you think most people are paid their worth you're delusional. Even those that aren't particularly good at what they do.

>please work your ass off for the pleasure seeing your boss getting his second yacht

I said nothing about worth. But they'll be constantly looking for new jobs because they know they're hot shit.

Yeah, nah. Autists would much prefer to stick with the same shit, even if it means they got paid less. Autists don't like change, especially not in the way of new people.

user just next door there's a thread filled with hobby programmers.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be paid well when the work you do has good value. I'm just saying that if that's all there's to it for you you're probably not giving it your all.

He basically just made a guide on how to identify somebody autistic who do genuinely do more work than the rest of the people in the company.

Everybody of course is freaking out at him on twitter because normals insist that no you have to hold your co-workers hands and sing songs with them to be an effective worker. Their delusional beliefs in the value of teamwork and normie shit are fundamentally driven by egalitarian biases and the need to feel valuable despite being 10% as productive as the most productive employee.

no
i'm an 11x engineer

Carmack isn't, so why should I try to be one?

Attached: Screenshot_20190713-114907_Twitter.jpg (1076x451, 210K)

Yeah, nah. Most highly productive autists are not idiots and like to get paid more even if it means a mild inconvenience.

>mild inconvenience.
You have no idea what an autist is.

>mild inconvenience
I'm diagnosed and it's by no means a mild inconvenience to change workplace, coworkers and possibly even where I live.
It would have to be heaps of money.

I'm the most productive employee where I work to the point it's clear that I'm in the wrong place but I'm not changing to a higher paid position I could easily get. I'm so mentally ill I regularly contemplate suicide and the change could literally kill me. My current position is comfy and I have low expenses.

I'm him except I'm not a pajeet "coder", I'm a system engineer

4 is true but also a complete fallacy, if someone comes to me with a bug then yeah I know exactly which file and line the bug is on. This is because when I wrote it I was being lazy and hoping they wouldn't notice the obvious shit I was trying to get away with.
Why does it take everyone else 5 times longer to fix? Cos I'm good at hiding my laziness and poor programming.

Since you faggots spent time reading Pajeet's bullshit, I'd say no.
>That includes #metoo.

gustavopinto.org/lost found/icse2018.pdf

Github stats and other metrics show few people write most code.

Big companies know it, some few people write most code from projects begin 10-50 more productive than other programmer, big companies spend time and money hunting super programmers.

Normie detected.

Attached: smug_looking_anime_girls_with_condenscending_looks_on_their_face.png (181x220, 27K)

Most friendly and open project in diversity ... still 99% code is write by white males.

Super programmer BTFO diversity.

Attached: C5D78AD3-C55B-4037-9E51-347A61DBC2BB.jpg (1451x1949, 886K)

arxiv.org/pdf/1903.05277.pdf

Attached: F07A6C84-E28C-43D1-9A7D-94624CA52A71.jpg (1346x964, 148K)

10x programmers are real. Many times they're also insufferable. Try listening to the 'programming and performance' podcast. Its on iTunes.
Yeah, clear the guy knows his craft. But the whole thing feels soaked in bragging.

You're missing the point. They're supposed to be dragged along. It works as intended. Someone else does the work they get credit.
Open source devs are woefully underpaid compared to how much they help.

Than is the point, trannies and women get money and autist pcwalton code rust since basement.

Yes and I wouldn't say the super saiyan programmer is getting a good deal there.

The autists and the trannies are the same people.

trannies are failure males,programmer,autistics and humans.

I work my ass off for government because I'm an autist and am appreciative of how they threw so much money at me as a kid with no real expectation of ever getting it back.

FtM trannies are more likely to be autistic. That's what the studies say. Among male autistic people there's no significant difference to non-autists.

And this guy is a 10% English speaker

>I like to pay men so they can fuck mine and my girlfriend's asshole, you should to

Tweetstorms are annoying to read.

Twitter is not made for full blown blog posts.

They're almost worse than Linkedin poetry.

You know what I'm talking about.

They look like this.

Stop posting Twitter screenshot threads.

this but unironically and with no reddit spacing

4channel has no retarded markdown

don't type like this

instead
use
normal
spacing
unless
making
paragraphs
but
even
then
only
for
stylistic
preference

The reddit spacing was his point, it's the same annoying shit. Dense fucks.

The response to that Twitter thread is impressively whiney.
>they're only 10x because I can't keep up and learn all these new things our 10x engineer does
>sounds like a pretty boring coworker
>they're not real. This is just an excuse to justify misanthropic programmers
>haha this is a funny sarcastic post, right guys?
What a horrible place.

Fucking ableists.

>stylistic
They don't read like your post reads though. There's so much of that that's effectively whitespace.

He should have made the paragraphs like this.

If he wanted to emulate Twitter better.

Carmack also comes from an era where it was literally impossible to change color environments for most programs. His quirk about color schemes is generational. I started off in the DOS/Win 3.1 era and I don't think I started changing themes until the late 2010s. Only to the dark theme if it existed and was easy to do. I still don't bother ricing my i3/sway builds too much. Its more or less a stock build using i3blocks with a few bash scripts I wrote on the i3status that give me weather and shit.

Note how he doesn't deny the concept in general. Just that the description isn't all that accurate.

I suggest we stop calling some people 10x engineers, and instead call everyone else 1/10x engineers. So many normalfags have flooded the market that the actual engineers get a special label instead of the other way around.

Worst part is when normalfags get into senior positions (this is the case at my current company). In code reviews they force you to do things the wrong way. It would piss me off if I wasn't so apathetic. Looking to start my own thing sometime soon.

Who cares how hard you are working when you are working for somebody else? Your pay is something you negotiate based on how people perceive you, not how good you actually.

This.
And 97% of all the women "coders"

Judging from the response to this they already understand themselves as 1/10x engineers.

>Normal fag manager
>Better test him with inane questions he will never use in hes entire career!

>Tries to implement 32bit dll in a 64bit application complains why it doesn't work
>Say it isn't possible or we need to rewrite the dll or rewrite the application or make some wrapper for it
>Calls us idiots cause 64bit OS can run 32bit apps

Attached: 1529364669757.png (500x478, 114K)

This is really annoying. I Worked in defense for a year out of college. Kept getting code reviews saying my code was "too complicated". I wasn't doing anything nuts, just using the language's standard library exhaustively which included stuff people were unfamiliar with unfortunately.

Ended up quizzing my way into silicon valley. The people here suck but more money and people can understand my code.