Fx 8350 appreciation thread

Easton Morales
Easton Morales

Attached: 1462288.jpg (11 KB, 280x280)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
youtu.be/m_xB00PSfYM
youtu.be/gJA6RKTB33U
youtu.be/xxDUAJ3GqvM
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-AMD-FX-8350/3931vs1489

Wyatt Parker
Wyatt Parker

it was and is a good chip

Jackson Davis
Jackson Davis

Aged like fine wine desu

Noah Baker
Noah Baker

AMD was right about MOAR COARS

Kevin Hughes
Kevin Hughes

5ghz 8 core cpu
loses to dual core i3 in single thread

In mutlithread the 9590 matches a stock 2700k...

bulldozer was shit and it will always be shit and the only thing it was ever good at was obscure multi-threaded linux workloads, but even then it didn't really outclass intel in any metric.

Attached: fx-really-sucks.jpg (219 KB, 636x549)

Ian Rodriguez
Ian Rodriguez

overpaying for a binned chip
Laughing it up with my 8320.

Nolan Hill
Nolan Hill

Muh frequency
Muh GTAV

Parker Williams
Parker Williams

Literal piece of shit that was garbage for gaming
thank fuck AMD got it together with the Zen 2 chips.

Benjamin Wood
Benjamin Wood

How come AMD is still selling this, and why is it still selling?

Oliver Lewis
Oliver Lewis

How come this could clock higher than anything Intel or AMD has on offer now? Is it like an architectural thing?

Ethan Brown
Ethan Brown

muh 8 core cpu only does as good as a quad core
muh 8 core cpu is clocked 1ghz higher

its shit

Attached: fx-sucks.jpg (242 KB, 574x565)

Elijah Perry
Elijah Perry

This, anyone with a brain went Intel.

My 4.4ghz ivybridge matches my friend's 4ghz ryzen 2700x in single threaded. Intel was an entire half decade generation ahead in performance.

Evan Johnson
Evan Johnson

Fine wine.

Joshua Jackson
Joshua Jackson

My 4.4ghz ivybridge matches my friend's 4ghz ryzen 2700x in single threaded.

cope, and then cope some more when you realize ryzen 3000 is even faster

Attached: lolno.png (749 KB, 957x423)

Thomas Robinson
Thomas Robinson

I-I still use FX-[spoiler]6300[/spoiler]

Kayden Russell
Kayden Russell

giving a (you)
It's as if you enjoy replying to bait

Camden Anderson
Camden Anderson

they're not, and it is not that's why stores still have stock.

Brayden Scott
Brayden Scott

Still the king of non-botnet cpu

Nathan Scott
Nathan Scott

I've used an FX 8350 for over 4 years and even I have to admit it's always been shit.

Carson Hall
Carson Hall

Immune to all of that branch prediction shit,too.

Cameron Evans
Cameron Evans

Yes it was clocking really high and I appreciate that despite doing hardly any work within those clock cycles. As good as Pentium 4.

Grayson Perez
Grayson Perez

For games maybe. Otherwise, it's more than capable for daily use. It doesn't even break a sweat doing most anything.

Jordan Collins
Jordan Collins

Selling better than the 9700? It's always in the Top 20 when I look. Sometimes in the Top 10 even..

Attached: Untitled.png (338 KB, 498x1103)

Isaiah Sanders
Isaiah Sanders

#metoo, high (you) five
Actually thinking of hunting down some cheap 8300/8320/8350 as there's no real point to go cutting edge with my use cases.

Bentley Barnes
Bentley Barnes

I give it Pentium 4 Seal of Approval. I think AMD just really wanted a Netburst of their own.

Adrian Jones
Adrian Jones

Probably mentally challenged drones who see AMD+8 cores+price tag and click BUY automatically

Eli Thompson
Eli Thompson

I could've bought a Bulldozer on launch in 2011 and used it for four years, but instead I've bought a Sandy Bridge and am still using it.

Blake Hernandez
Blake Hernandez

Hasn’t it proven to be better than Sandy Bridge *both* in single core and multi core, after full mitigations?

Logan Bailey
Logan Bailey

I probably would've gone for 8300 too if my mobo was better and I had a better PSU since my current one is like 10 years old.
Replacing the whole mobo+ram+CPU (and PSU) for some new platform is just too much money for me.

Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson

four years
You mean for a week, then you'd return it and buy Sandy anyway

Brody Diaz
Brody Diaz

Or they don't want to buy into a new ecosystem.

Connor Bailey
Connor Bailey

if my mobo was better
Ye same issue here, my board supposedly only supports 95W FX CPUs, so I'm kinda worried that even though 8300 is 95W it'd still be pushing it for the VRMs. On the other hand I'm certain it would run even 125W 8350 since it has support for x6 Phenoms... but man those VRMs are few and tiny

Henry Jenkins
Henry Jenkins

burns in FX-9590

Attached: Capture.png (42 KB, 733x597)

Jeremiah Reed
Jeremiah Reed

If I slap a decent GPU on a 8320 will it make an OK gaming rig?

Jordan Roberts
Jordan Roberts

I doubt it can handly decently anything above 1050Ti - maybe 1060

Christopher Moore
Christopher Moore

I've got a FX 8300/8GB DDR3 system in my basement along with a few other older systems.

My daily driver is this baby: See Pic

Attached: Speccy.jpg (239 KB, 894x588)

Oliver Baker
Oliver Baker

Okay, I find it questionable why you'd stick to Phenom II when you have a proper 8300? Sure back when it came out it was more of a sidegrade, but today FX is clearly superior with its more up-to-date instruction set.

Aiden Cruz
Aiden Cruz

My mobo supports up to 140W supposedly (M5A97 R2.0) but I wouldn't trust it anyway.

John Rodriguez
John Rodriguez

Single core performance. I play older games. They ran a lot better with the Phenom than the FX. The really only demanding task I do that uses all cores is video encoding. Which is only occasional thing. Hell if I needed to do just video work I could dust off the FX system. It's still intact.

Noah Robinson
Noah Robinson

Mines still alive at 4.4 on a 970 gigabyte board. It's certainly not the best cpu but I had a lot of fun learning the basics of OCing with it, trying different thermal pastes and shit. It's going to be retired soon though. I bought it in 2016 for stupid cheap, and it held its own.

Attached: 1557161728657.gif (980 KB, 250x274)

Blake Ward
Blake Ward

They ran a lot better with the Phenom than the FX.
Eh... but if you force it to use 1 core per module it's about the same if not slightly better IPC on FX side, and then FX can clock higher so it clearly wins.

James Flores
James Flores

I was thinking of something like a RX 570, I want to use the 16GB of DDR3 RAM I have on that system for a little while longer and upgrade to ryzen 2 later'

Ian Roberts
Ian Roberts

test

Brayden Clark
Brayden Clark

FX was and always will be a subpar CPU

Elijah Scott
Elijah Scott

force it to use 1 core per module

Microsloth finally pushed out a scheduler update that automates this

Jackson Sanchez
Jackson Sanchez

1060/580 would do fine

Alexander Rogers
Alexander Rogers

I want a 8320E for a lower power Libre CPU if boards get Coreboot support in the future.

Jayden Allen
Jayden Allen

I'm not sure I'd trust something from M$ to work correctly. If you want to be sure of single core performance, just go to bios and force it, if you need full multithreading performance, just reenable it.

Luke Nguyen
Luke Nguyen

It's great for gaming. Have yet to see a single game that doesn't run on 1080p 60fps on high-ultra setting with my 8350 and 1060

Wyatt Hughes
Wyatt Hughes

Yeah a 570/580/1050Ti/1650/1060 would be good I guess, although I still think 580/1060 would be pushing it

Ryder Flores
Ryder Flores

Here's mine. I love my little beast. Yeah, he's old, but still a work horse for my shop.

Attached: IMG-20190713-120322.jpg (3.62 MB, 4032x3024)

Parker Reyes
Parker Reyes

Since when the fuck is there a 9700 non-k?

Austin Ramirez
Austin Ramirez

R20 scores.

Attached: IMG-20190713-120819.jpg (3.6 MB, 4032x3024)

James Nguyen
James Nguyen

Why don't you bump the core clock above 4.0? You have the aio for it.

Joshua Rogers
Joshua Rogers

Can it even handle Cuphead without stutter?

Ethan Jones
Ethan Jones

Just replaced my 8320 with a 3700X

It had a good run

Lucas Cruz
Lucas Cruz

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Levi Barnes
Levi Barnes

good ol reliable
reporting for duty

Attached: ss.png (170 KB, 1035x400)

Thomas Perez
Thomas Perez

DON'T TELL HIM >:(

Carter Brooks
Carter Brooks

We'll be saying the same thing about Ryzen once the dust settles and the shills stop getting paid.

Nathaniel Butler
Nathaniel Butler

water cooler
stock clock speed

user

Liam Powell
Liam Powell

Thank you for your contribution to the thread, rabbi

Jason Perry
Jason Perry

Are AIOs even any good for OC? AFAIR they were more about volume rather than temperatures vs good air cooler, for OC one should use a bigger water cooling setup.

Dominic Edwards
Dominic Edwards

You can get an 83whatever to 4.5 on air. You can get one to 4.7 on water.

Nicholas Davis
Nicholas Davis

Bro by daily

Attached: Clipboard01.png (41 KB, 660x525)

Angel Gutierrez
Angel Gutierrez

A 580 would be fine. I had an RX 580 with my Phenom 1090t, and it performs slightly worse than an 8320. You're good. Use that rig as long as you can until Zen 3 comes out, then you can get Zen 2. I bought Zen+ and I'm waiting until DDR5 with AMD before I upgrade. Only thing I'm touching between now and then is a new GPU (looking at you, RX 5700 XT).

Angel Barnes
Angel Barnes

But water cooling is too generic of a term. AIO isn't any better than a good air cooler, for a real OC setup you need a custom loop.

Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor

Yeah it's ridiculous how cheap Zen/Zen+ CPUs are right now. If the same happens to Zen 2 year from now, oh boy what a deal it will be

Leo Sanchez
Leo Sanchez

WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR

Thomas Cooper
Thomas Cooper

Wonder if they're going to do Zen 2+ or just go straight to Zen 3. If they do Zen 2+, it'll probably be on 7nm EUV and still use DDR4, but I could be wrong. I don't even think DDR5 will be mass produced and sold to the consumer until like 2020.

Ian Russell
Ian Russell

AMD has no plans for a die shrink until Zen 5. They would gain nothing from doing intel++++++++

Zen3 is going to be a new architecture on the same node

Matthew Howard
Matthew Howard

That's actually great news. A node maturity would probably help with clockspeeds and an architecture redesign, I'm hoping, would increase IPC. I'd like to see an all-core of 4.6Ghz stable at a decent voltage in the next gen. I think it's possible, but we'll see.

Logan Kelly
Logan Kelly

AMD has no plans for a die shrink until Zen 5. They would gain nothing from doing intel++++++++
But what you said is kinda contradictory....

It is almost certain AMD is gonna move to 7EUV which is basically 7nm+ simply because it's gonna be compatible with current node, it's gonna be better and it's gonna be in production next year.

Jack Price
Jack Price

Phone for 4 Chan. Got corporate looking at PC's on the network. This is running off my personal hotspot.

Mason Russell
Mason Russell

Yes. It can handle MHW at 1080p at about 40 50 fps on medium settings with the 970 it has in it.

Joseph Perry
Joseph Perry

it's gonna be better
How so? Clocks? Power usage? Efficiency? Price?

Levi Peterson
Levi Peterson

Any Fx 6300-Chads here?

Attached: 1559015597708.png (201 KB, 419x423)

Dylan Young
Dylan Young

4.6 currently

Attached: IMG-20190713-132215.jpg (2.38 MB, 3840x2160)

Justin Wood
Justin Wood

Yes

Nicholas Gonzalez
Nicholas Gonzalez

Is it stable though? I've clocked mine on air at 4.5 but the second I stress it crashes immediately. If you're also on a 970 board Id love to see your voltages and stuff.

Attached: 1562926102791.png (769 KB, 708x514)

Nicholas Evans
Nicholas Evans

A little bit of everything, even though the theoretical parameter of 7 and 7EUV are I believe the same, EUV promises higher density without sacrificing yields.

Right now AMD doesn't even use full potential of 7nm because going towards theoretical limits of a node you lose yields. EUV has same limits, but you can move closer to them without losing that much.

Jordan Rogers
Jordan Rogers

Yes. What are your clocks? I don't go past 4.2 since my cooling and VRMs are shit

Jason Sullivan
Jason Sullivan

Just ran a prime 95, 3 workers stopped, illegal sumout?

Attached: IMG-20190713-133121.jpg (3.51 MB, 3840x2160)

Isaiah Parker
Isaiah Parker

Here's bios screen for oc info

Attached: IMG-20190713-133529.jpg (2.02 MB, 3840x2160)

Matthew Brown
Matthew Brown

From what I remember 1.4+ volts on a 970 board could easily put things in jeopardy? Unless yours has better VRM cooling and stuff, its been a while. Can anyone else confirm this?

Attached: 1562633974835.jpg (116 KB, 300x419)

Adrian Barnes
Adrian Barnes

3.8 with slight downvolt because my PSU is super old and not the best mobo.

Brayden Hill
Brayden Hill

Not entirely sure, no blow up,no over voltage errors, no restarts, no BSODS (yet).

Attached: IMG-20190713-133933.jpg (2.68 MB, 3840x2160)

Leo Long
Leo Long

I appreciate Jow Forums never memed me into buying one.

Parker Martin
Parker Martin

That means too low voltage - either CPU or CPU-NB voltage

Aaron Peterson
Aaron Peterson

Running a cinebench run on 4.6

Attached: IMG-20190713-134154.jpg (2.8 MB, 3840x2160)

Samuel Ross
Samuel Ross

Not bad!

Attached: IMG-20190713-134402.jpg (2.38 MB, 3840x2160)

Matthew Wright
Matthew Wright

Shit, and this dude's already above 1.4v. I think maybe he hit the limit . 970a's aren't built for OCing. They CAN do it, but need good airflow and you need to watch your temps, especially on the VRMS. The MSI boards this guy's using seems to at least have better passive cooling than mine...also looks like a better phase option??? I also could be full of shit.

Attached: 1562202430321.jpg (61 KB, 718x719)

Benjamin Morris
Benjamin Morris

Everyone's already saying it about Ryzen 1

Cameron Davis
Cameron Davis

Perhaps I have, I try to push it slightly higher, and it crashes. Not a bad cinebench run though. Now I just need Mobo and CPU upgrade and hope for the best.

Elijah Green
Elijah Green

Trying a valley benchmark.

Attached: IMG-20190713-135227.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160)

Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones

Eh, I don't know user, I'm pretty happy with my 2700x. I'm hoping Intel brings something awesome to the table soon. Foveros looks really cool. I think their next chips will be a 14nm refresh but with security vulnerabilities fixed at the hardware level, and a tiny bit more overclocking headroom. Here's hoping!

Ethan Russell
Ethan Russell

Damn monitor, had to switch to 1440 x900 for resolution, but still good scores!

Attached: IMG-20190713-135359.jpg (3.14 MB, 3840x2160)

Cooper Bailey
Cooper Bailey

What do you cool it with?

Jordan Myers
Jordan Myers

Ryzen 1 was MUCH closer to Kaby Lake in ST than Vishera/Bulldozer ever were to Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge while demolishing equally priced Intel competitors in multithreaded workloads. FX shit was slower in MT AND ST - 2500k was running circles around the 8350 even in MT.

Now, Ryzen 3000 is within 5% of Intel performance in gaymes, equal in productivity ST and so far ahead in productivity MT both in absolute and value-for-money terms that it isn't funny (we're talking about 50%, not meme 5% avg FPS differences that depend on game choices) Zen will be remembered as one of the best CPU uarchs in history, up there with Sandy Bridge, Nehalem, first gen Core 2 and Athlon 64.

Mason Morales
Mason Morales

i have the Opteron sku of that chip , Operon 3280
its alright

Xavier Lewis
Xavier Lewis

k

Attached: poozen.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080)

Evan Carter
Evan Carter

What's the point if it's not stable? Instability can affect performance without causing a fatal error, so those results are not representative of a stable 4.6 anyway.

Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith

I think Zen 1 will be remembered for bringing higher core counts into the mainstream. Intel would have kept us on quad core had it not been for Zen 1.

Alexander Powell
Alexander Powell

I completely agree, however we only use this guy for quicker file transfer over the network. More of a server than anything, and to show off to customers that walk in. I don't keep it OC'd for long. If it's a large file transfer, I'll oc it to like, 4.4, and turn it down once finished.

Isaac Stewart
Isaac Stewart

I pair it with a Hyper 212, and a noctua NF 120mm. Cool and quiet. But still DOODIE brown. I use their paste as well. Good stuff.

Attached: 1554704593992.jpg (154 KB, 720x720)

Henry Smith
Henry Smith

Also an a related note, not my CPU. It's my boss's CPU, rest of the build is mine. He doesn't like me when I overclock it to get work done. Even though he reaps the benefits as well. Just need a bigger network card, and better net and this will be perfect for us.

Parker Jenkins
Parker Jenkins

Poozen, Faildozer, it's all the same...
wake me up when a sincle AYYYYYMD chip outclasses my 11yo 2600k

Attached: 36-1280-1024.jpg (719 KB, 1280x1024)

Ryder Jenkins
Ryder Jenkins

Still using an i5 2500k In a Linux system running at 4.4. love my lil Linux box

Elijah Cook
Elijah Cook

The AMD FX CPUs & The Bulldozer Architecture were ahead of their time, in that most games (and some other software) didn't take good advantage of their architecture or all of their threads at all. They were not optimised at all an architecture that bore more resemblance to servers processors rather than desktop processors. Windows 7 as an example was completely optimised for this radically different architecture. The absolutely most powerful multi-threaded CPUs were still Intel at the time, but they were just exponentially more expensive, but power users who cared about that tended not to bother with the 8-core FX chips, but the 8-core FX chips were great value for some people. AMD just wasn't able to sell enough of them. Ryzen seemed to continue the same sort of trend of offering even more threads, but its single threaded performance also improved a lot as well, and it represented AMD getting a lot closer to Intel's highest performing chips, whereas Intel's IPC and manufacturing improvements had slowed down a lot (making it possible for AMD to catch up).

Now, just exactly how Intel allowed AMD to overtake them is, on the other hand, a much more complex question. It's not like Intel is dead yet or anything. They're still selling lots of CPUs and making lots of profits, it's just that their sales and their profits are going to be in decline for a while. Whether Intel will be able to get things under control and stay competitive enough to defend a lot of their market share in the CPU market is not clear to me, but it seems that their reliance on their own manufacturing has made them less flexible than AMD, at least for now.

The old iconography was also great, much like it's overclocking potential. The FX-83XX series was GOAT in the CIS region among enthusiasts.

Attached: AMD-FX-Logo.png (37 KB, 220x186)

Luis Harris
Luis Harris

based.
really maeks u think how AYYYMD hasn't managed to even match us 11y later

Blake Jenkins
Blake Jenkins

1500 @ 4.6 is about best case for that

Hudson Stewart
Hudson Stewart

cherrypicking 1 game
See the meta analysis. It's literally 7%, an amount NO ONE won't notice.

Attached: Screenshot-20190713-221151-Firefox.jpg (798 KB, 1972x1195)

Colton Scott
Colton Scott

youtu.be/m_xB00PSfYM
youtu.be/gJA6RKTB33U
youtu.be/xxDUAJ3GqvM

Luis Cruz
Luis Cruz

Here's the comparison for productivity instead. 9900k not even beating the 120 dollar cheaper CPU THAT ALSO COMES WITH A COOLER!.

Before you say
hurr durr you say 7% doesnt matter in gaymes but claim 2% matters in productivity
No, of course it doesnt. But the 120 dollars + cooler cost (33% cheaper for slightly BETTER performance!) makes ALL the difference. You can spend the money you save on a beefier GPU (e.g
2070 Super instead of 2060 Super) or on a nice dinner out.

Attached: Screenshot-20190713-221239-Firefox.jpg (887 KB, 1439x2189)

Luke Flores
Luke Flores

You're the one cherrypicking by ignoring that one game.

Aiden Bennett
Aiden Bennett

or, you know, people who just need a cheap 8 thread cpu to do work.

Julian Martin
Julian Martin

I am NOT ignoring it. The meta analysis actually includes the review that you took the screenshot from.

Ultimately, when assessing any PC part, what matters is the performance averaged over many tasks.

"While nothing is more uncertain than a single life, nothing is more certain than the average duration of a thousand lives"
-Elizur Wright, father of life insurance

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones

The FX-6300 was a great choice for a cheap build in 2014.

Cameron Kelly
Cameron Kelly

You're cherrypicking!!!

*ignores one game completely and pretends it doesn't exist*

Anthony White
Anthony White

I appreciate the fact that I don't need to use that piece of shit.

Gavin Brooks
Gavin Brooks

The AMD FX CPUs & The Bulldozer Architecture were ahead of their time
No it wasn't, it was just slightly more than glorified SMT. I'd sooner believe that it was so shit because AMD made a deliberate move to make intel fall asleep and stop paying attention to what AMD's cooking for the future.

Caleb Young
Caleb Young

No, to the contrary I'll freely concede Intel is clearly the superior option for your build if you currently ONLY play Battlefield V w/ the settings that benchmark was done on and WILL EVER ONLY play Battlefield V w/ the settings that benchmark was done on.

For anything more versatile, Ryzen 3000 is the way to go and it'll be remembered as a legendary uarch.

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter

No, to the contrary I'll freely concede Intel is clearly the superior option for everything
fix'd that for you bruh

Daniel Cook
Daniel Cook

My fellow black user, this thing is a 125W power-hungry housefire. Throw it in the fucking garbage where it belongs.

Brody Harris
Brody Harris

obscure multi-threaded linux workloads
obscure
Like video encoding? kek. Fucking vidya zoomer.

Jeremiah Cook
Jeremiah Cook

Cores: 4

AyyMD BTFO

Colton Wilson
Colton Wilson

Reporting in. Just doing stock 3.5Ghz.

Jonathan Sanchez
Jonathan Sanchez

Sure sweetie

Attached: 1545818044079.png (284 KB, 1078x1304)

Joseph Anderson
Joseph Anderson

My other shitposts are barely getting attention so let me reguritate the most basic of derogatory 'facts' in order to make another already well known and established agreement that the 8350 wasn't the best chipset during it's lifespan

I'm pretty sure most of the people that are active in the discussion are well aware of where this chipset sits in the overall grand scheme of things. Is it fair to me to point out that even the 8350 doesn't have the security vulnerabilities that some of the Intel chips do? Just a thought.

Attached: 1559728064215.png (777 KB, 750x716)

Jordan Rogers
Jordan Rogers

This will never not be funny.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-AMD-FX-8350/3931vs1489

Hunter Gutierrez
Hunter Gutierrez

Is it fair to me to point out that even the 8350 doesn't have the security vulnerabilities that some of the Intel chips do? Just a thought.
With how the FX architecture works, cores sharing so much shit within modules, I wouldn't be surprised if Bulldozer has security holes that make even the worst intel's fuckups look like minor bugs. It's just that FX market share was so negligible compared to intel products that noone even bothered to look for them. Just a thought.

Carter Gray
Carter Gray

Whatever helps you cope at night lul.

Jace Peterson
Jace Peterson

Good times, i remember pushing up to 1.445 Vcore for 5.0Ghz too bad it wasn't stable on Cinebench and some games so i went and tuned up for pic related, it was a shit processor for some games, but what a nice piece of hardware for video rendering that fx was, i am now rocking an r5 2600 and god is great in everything i throw at it.

Attached: Goodtimes.png (302 KB, 848x432)

Ayden Lee
Ayden Lee

using it since 2013

Cooper Garcia
Cooper Garcia

This.It's definitely due for a re-evaluation.
I'd love to see some patched Intels go up against it.

Aiden White
Aiden White

Fine wine indeed.

Attached: winter.png (36 KB, 733x303)

Wyatt Gutierrez
Wyatt Gutierrez

8400GS
why user?

Eli Reed
Eli Reed

I bought one new when it came out.still runs good for me except for few a instances where it was shit. I’m looking at you arma

Ayden Wood
Ayden Wood

He probably uses his computer only for programming and doesn't care about games.

t. HD6670 in 2019

Xavier Green
Xavier Green

Another 8350 user here, you're absolutely correct
I'm not btw

Robert Stewart
Robert Stewart

1080p

Attached: gta-v-1440p-gn-cpu-benchmark.png (71 KB, 904x752)

Camden Harris
Camden Harris

wasn't fx 4c8t?

Jack Diaz
Jack Diaz

Tfw was an a10-7860k-let
got r5 2600, what did i miss on?

Carson Russell
Carson Russell

Still running it today!

Attached: 2019-07-13-210756-1920x1080-scrot.png (1.3 MB, 1920x1080)

Bentley Parker
Bentley Parker

Loved my 8350, absolute star of a processor.
I recently completely overhauled my system to a 1900X though and I think i'll get exactly the same sort of experience with this chip, by which I mean i'm going to be using this in a fucking decade without worry.

Nathan Turner
Nathan Turner

Why is AMD such utter shit?

Jaxon Nelson
Jaxon Nelson

arguably, I know there was a debate about it because of the cache config.

Andrew Martinez
Andrew Martinez

I had been using it from launch until now when I got the 3700x. 8350 was okay for the price but the last few years it really showed it's age. Thing is a piece of shit and I couldn't get more than 40FPS in a modern game with my 1070. I was playing RS2 and Squad with 30fps, with the 3700x I'm getting 150fps.

Jacob Anderson
Jacob Anderson

le poorfag cope thread
Jesus at least get a ryzen (any gen).

Aiden Powell
Aiden Powell

based

Attached: msinfo32-np5fpCJtOc.png (8 KB, 685x132)

Logan Diaz
Logan Diaz

Retard

Ryan Williams
Ryan Williams

I run that guy in my main, I can’t believe how long this fucker held it’s own, it isn’t the greatest, but it’s all I need right now

Michael Evans
Michael Evans

intel fags love having 120fps for 60fps monitors , they get off to overbuying. the time of intel is over.

Attached: 1561655154460.jpg (55 KB, 502x454)

Lucas Williams
Lucas Williams

Why is this funny?

Noah Howard
Noah Howard

I remember in around 2013 the 8320 was a pretty good option, and at the time I built a computer with it. However, I had to RMA the 8320 and they sent an 8350 in return.

I don't think the 8350 was necessarily worth it for what it cost, but at the price of the 8320 it sure was some great value. I'm still using it and it's still running everything I need, but I'm also not trying to play the latest AAA games at 4k.

Logan Russell
Logan Russell

A chart where 7700k is on top. Finally

Luis Morales
Luis Morales

Reporting in. Been rocking this beast on stock clock since 2013.

Nolan Evans
Nolan Evans

If anything, playing 4k games on an 8350 would reduce a bottleneck.

Samuel Cox
Samuel Cox

i appreciate how it was warming up my room during the winter. now i've got ryzen and i appreciate how ryzen doesn't warm up my room during the summer

Josiah Bell
Josiah Bell

He probably uses his computer only for programming and doesn't care about games.
Him here. This, I'm 40 years-old. Could give 2 shits about games/video cards.

Angel Ross
Angel Ross

Had one until last year when I upgraded to a ryzen 2600.
The architecture may have been shit but fuck man it took everything I threw at it.

Ethan Murphy
Ethan Murphy

thats fine and all, totally respect your choice, im just saying that there are better cards for that purpose

i just hope its passive cooled so you dont have to worry about the fan deinig on that card ever
the 6000 to 8000 series cards where awful for that and many of em have met a heat death (no thermal protection on most of em)

Ayden Kelly
Ayden Kelly

had a 6100 at 4.6ghz, does that count?

Evan White
Evan White

Do 5.3ghz @ 1.7v

Alexander Rodriguez
Alexander Rodriguez

can probably run it another 3 years without any issues but i'm gonna convert this pc into a NAS/VM server

Attached: cpu-fx8320.jpg (50 KB, 403x401)

Jordan Long
Jordan Long

FX was an amazing budget workstation server chip.

Ayden Cruz
Ayden Cruz

i also use a phenom iix4 965 mine is the """BLACK EDITION"""

Anthony Mitchell
Anthony Mitchell

Intel should make blacked edition chips because they're getting cucked by amd these days.

Benjamin Gonzalez
Benjamin Gonzalez

its still a decent multithreaded cpu you know..

Justin Hughes
Justin Hughes

One of my friends got a PC with the FX 8350 and a 1060 for free. I was going to try and sell him my 4690K and 970 build but I was too late

Connor Smith
Connor Smith

voltage 1.416V
core speed 1406.19MHz
multiplier 7.0 (7-20)
Why are you not taking a screenshot when actually using your processor for something?

Attached: Capture.png (190 KB, 603x602)

Nathaniel Bennett
Nathaniel Bennett

im using it right now. still works fine and newer games work better too because of multithreading and current consoles. until ps5/xbone i'm totally fine right now

Zachary Morgan
Zachary Morgan

based

Joshua Brooks
Joshua Brooks

workstation
Sure, if the work was being done in MS Office
server chip.
Yeah I guess.

Nolan Garcia
Nolan Garcia

Nah that's a virgin bulldozer not a Chad Piledriver

Ian James
Ian James

Still rocking an 8320, moving to a 3900x not because I need it but because I'm a consumerist whore and my gf wants a gaming PC so she's getting mine. With the GTX 970 it has it's still running the games I want just fine, and on Linux, to boot.

Definitely a fine CPU (once the prices dropped) that aged well.

Brayden Edwards
Brayden Edwards

threadly reminder that fx8350 is the ultimate thinking mans cpu

Attached: 1519612576978.png (241 KB, 777x818)

Josiah Moore
Josiah Moore

Multi core performance is better than 2600K at stock and beats the 3770K when overclocked
costs way less than an i5 at $195
Only people with their noggin truly joggin understood what a great deal that was

Austin Nelson
Austin Nelson

Still using a FX 8320 at 4.3, no plans to upgrade.

Matthew Robinson
Matthew Robinson

My FX 8350 based system runs like shit:
* Runs too hot
* Overdraws from mobo even though it's undervolted
* Slow

The only thing that is nice about the 8350 is that it is compatible with AM3. However that means little today. 955BE/965BE were a much better value by comparison.

Hunter Smith
Hunter Smith

Was the only CPU I regret buying. Terrible in every damn way and form. No, fuck you it was bad even for multi-thread or daily use. The thing ran way to fucking hot.

Leo Parker
Leo Parker

The thing ran way to fucking hot
Not really, the stock cooler can do a 4.2GHz overclock at something like 1.38125v, and it runs icy chill on a hyper 212.

Lincoln Hall
Lincoln Hall

Yes it ran "cooler" since TJMAX was something like 65c but it put out 2x as much heat as my 4820k. I remember my room ended up being a sauna every time I had it on.

Angel Scott
Angel Scott

* Runs too hot
* Overdraws from mobo even though it's undervolted
* Slow
Do you have a shit motherboard? I'm serious. My setup doesn't have any of these problems with a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3. I've got a Ryzen 1800X and a couple of Intel crappers with I5's, and I don't really notice any performance issues when I compare it against them.

Blake Evans
Blake Evans

So's a buddy of mine, though he got his to 4.8 under some ungodly Noctua thing.
So, I suppose it's a brofist - with my bro's fist.

Bentley Rodriguez
Bentley Rodriguez

This, alot of people paired the 8350 with 4+1 phase 970 motherboards, you cannot do that because the VRM will throttle, and the 8 physical cores will run at 1.4GHz and be slow as shit, stick to FX-6300 on 970 mobos with 4+1 phase.

Jacob Rivera
Jacob Rivera

I had a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7. Thing was a goddamn monster. It was still noticeably slower even with daily tasks at the time. Bulldozer/Piledriver's IPC was lacking significantly. Haven't touched it for years though so maybe optimizations have been put in place.

Attached: 5c210ebcde7131644291b7d9.jpg (194 KB, 1200x800)

Grayson Williams
Grayson Williams

990FXA-UD7

Angel Ward
Angel Ward

if only they made that board as AM4, it would be the perfect X570 board

Andrew Perez
Andrew Perez

Gigabyte's later wave of 990FX mobos would make the best ryzen boards, people on Jow Forums think I am autistic with all the 990FXA-UD3 posting I do, but this is what a motherboard should be, lots of IO, lots of VRM so it voerclocks well, high end looking but not gaudy with it, and very affordable.

Attached: best-io.jpg (301 KB, 1600x1200)

Cooper Collins
Cooper Collins

voerclocks
overclocks*

Eli Price
Eli Price

I love my () 990fxa-ud3. Really solid, looks good, charges over usb when the computer is off, etc.

Gavin Mitchell
Gavin Mitchell

Probably dumb question inbound: is an FX-8350 worth a look at all if I'm already running a Xeon E3-1231v3, or would getting one + either a 970/990FX motherboard be a waste of time and money? I'd imagine it's probably slower in single-core, but given all the security crap that's slowed down Intel's hyperthreaded processors, I wonder how close the performance is nowadays.

Current system specs attached.

Attached: specs.png (40 KB, 791x563)

Nathaniel Butler
Nathaniel Butler

No, of course it's not worth a look. Why would you replace a xeon released in 2014 with an fx processor from a line released in 2012? Don't you have any common sense?
Generally buying old processors is a bad idea unless you get a super good deal.

Eli Cox
Eli Cox

Literally the most feature packed modern motherboard I have ever seen, and they probably made it like that because at the time AMD had no X79 HEDT-like chipset, 990FX was their highest end enthusiast stuff, so they made it super nice and feature packed like an X79 mobo, AMD 970 boards competed more with intel mainstream Z series.

It even looks like an X79-UD3

Attached: 8935-big.jpg (272 KB, 822x1000)

Daniel Miller
Daniel Miller

I just bought a GPU for an FX-6100 build I've had lying around for years, it's going to be nice a nice upgrade from the quad-core A8 I've been using

Gabriel Roberts
Gabriel Roberts

That's pretty sick user, if you can, update the bios to the latest revision and see if it supports 8305, and upgrade to that when you get some spare crash, that extra module with two cores and the base clock increased from 3.3 to 4GHz is a nice boost for that GPU you've put in.

Brody Anderson
Brody Anderson

8350***

Daniel Turner
Daniel Turner

I had the X79-UP4. It looked great. The AsRock Creator would be my choice for X570 it's a fucking $500 board.

Attached: imageproxy.jpg (202 KB, 1296x864)

Aiden Young
Aiden Young

it's a fucking $500 board
That's the beauty of the 990FXA-UD3 that no one seems to care about, it looks and performs like a $500 mobo but it costs about $140 at most

The thing clocks 100MHz slower than an Asus Crosshair Formula-Z with the same voltage set, but that's a $279 mobo compared to a $140 board, that in my opinion looks better than the red and black meme scheme and gimmicky gaymen features.

Yes my PC is ugly but the UD3 makes it okay.

Attached: IMG-0084.jpg (2.28 MB, 4032x3024)

Gavin Gray
Gavin Gray

Eww, did you really have to orient your cooler like that?

Daniel Watson
Daniel Watson

Yeah when it comes to AM3+ socket, it only goes on that way, but it runs super cool.

Jaxson Mitchell
Jaxson Mitchell

FX6300 user here, thinking about doing the same. Get an 8350 with another 4gb stick of ram for dual channel.

Although it feels like an waste throwing a 6300 out like that.

Connor Diaz
Connor Diaz

Wait, what cooler is that? Kind of looks like a wider H212+

Bentley Gutierrez
Bentley Gutierrez

It's too bad it's attached to a worthless socket

Asher Wright
Asher Wright

here. The increased TPD also worries me. I dunno if it will hit my electric bills significally.

Jaxson Brown
Jaxson Brown

It's the Cooler Master Hyper T4, fantastic cooler that cost very little, it's huge, mounts on AM3+ without having to remove it's stock cooler backplate, and dissipates the heat of an overclocked 8350 nicely.

delet

Wyatt Taylor
Wyatt Taylor

My FX-8320 is still sitting under an H100i in what is now my friend's system. I was given newer hardware and decided to pass it along.

Gabriel Williams
Gabriel Williams

125w isnt much more than 95w, and the perf gain is great.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit