Is this the best monitor currently on the market?

Is this the best monitor currently on the market?
>IPS
>120hz
>Gsync
>34" Ultra wide

The only con is the gay Alienware brand, but since it's a child company of Dell, I can't imagine it's bad hardware. Thoughts?

Attached: big-alienware-hero.jpg (1820x1213, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MPG341CQR
displayspecifications.com/en/model/91d8c5f
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1k for a monitor when lg oled c8 55 inch costs the same
make sure to take your daily dosage of s-o-y

>oled for a computer monitor

Poorfags ruin every fucking thread. If i wanted a TV, you stupid faggot, I would have asked about a TV.

>goysync
>ultrawide
no

>G-Sync
>"good"
>mfw

Proprietary vendor lock-in drivel. Freesync is the way to go.

Attached: gorxjeLUL.png (112x112, 11K)

>curved
>non rotatable
no thanks

>non rotatable
>vesa mount
Fucking retard.

>having to buy an accessory to rotate the monitor
I hereby award thee one Yike

>I hereby award thee one Yike
what a fag lol.

Mad, I see. My work is done. Good day to you sir.

>ips
That’s a no from me dog

Why not? It has lowest response times after CRT.

>overwatch
>twitch
YIKES

>knowing what game that is
cringe

>ultrawide monitor
oof

How do you know what he said is a game and not some random crap?

because i know what twitch is.
it's called deduction.

twitch? What's that? Is that some gamer shit?
Sorry I can't keep up with all the video game crap since I'm an adult and don't play video games.

>Sorry I can't keep up with all the video game crap since I'm an adult and don't play video games.
as it should be.

bad bait.

burn in

Good IPS. Not a cheaply made, corner cut, back light bleeding, korean bootleg monitor.

Good IPS is great and all but I would like to see more VA
People where ok taking the motion handling hit if it meant going from TN to IPS, I’m willing to do the same going from IPS to VA since VA at this point is only slightly behind IPS
but of course everyone’s got it in their head that IPS is the only thing that’s good and a monitor wouldn’t sell as well if they couldn’t call it an IPS panel even if the VA was great

>but I would like to see more VA
I wouldn't.
Every first monitor is VA nowadays and it fucking sucks for viewing angles.
I'd like that ultrawide Samsung monitor that is 2 27" next to each other with Freesync2, but it's a good damned VA.

Only IPS in that class is LG, but it's inferior when it comes to input ports and almost everything besides the panel itself.

thoughts?

Attached: u3818dw-design-large.jpg (3840x2160, 2.86M)

Doesn't the curve mitigate, if not outright remove the effect of bad viewing angles?

>Doesn't the curve mitigate
Definitely not the up down ones and that screen is 27", to there are very likely to be visible differences between top and bottom color.

Samsung developed VA panels with a coating to greatly improve viewing angles
It’s only on their TVs sadly and it knocks the contrast down from like 6000:1 to 3000:1 but that is still on par with your standard VA monitors
I think if people were not so invested in having IPS we could see some real interesting panels come out

va doesn’t have issues with color shift like you see on a TN, it’s gamma shift instead which isn’t nearly as much as a nuisance as actual color shift

>Samsung developed VA panels with a coating to greatly improve viewing angles
Yep. According to Wikipedia, it brings all the other parameters (read, positives over IPS) to the levels nearing IPS.
At that point, is there any reason to not just use IPS?
>We could see
I wouldn't gamble on that.
Maybe next step is MicroLED, but for now IPS is the best for monitors.
Perhaps not ideal for the hardest corest of gamers, but for me it's like buying a console when I can get a PC, which would also allow me to do tons of other useful shit besides gaming.

>It's problems are not problems
Why compromise at all?
Only problem of IPS is light bleed at corners, but that varies from panel to panel and with big screens you don't really look in the corners in the first place.

There is no best. It entirely depends on your use case.

should I buy 2 good monitors or just have a cheaper one for browsing

IPS, 34", 120Hz, 1600p, FreeSync, 21:9 Ultrawide.
That's the "best" in my opinion for gaming and productivity.

22" is the absolute biggest I'll ever buy

>ultragay
>gaysync

it's gay

>t. never used ultra or superultra wide for gaming

>mfw get freesync
>get called a fag retard and bitch nigga
>hold off buying a PC
>AMD on big dick mode
>mfw

Attached: 1556041038310.jpg (1080x1080, 48K)

I'd take a Samsung LC49RG90SSNXZA, will probably buy soon. Of course its a monitor so it has issues. If a 32:10 1600p ~51' with a better than DP 1.4 port I'd be all over it instead.

y dell no freesync?

>gayman tech

Who gives a shit about refresh rates or GaySync?

>not 240hz

Microled when? I want my 240Hz ultrawide 4k with perfect colours and perfect blacks and instant g2g response. I don't want shitty backlight bleeding, ghosting, colour shifting, grey washing, low refresh rate flickering trash

Nivida is the only gpu manufacturer.

>not 1080p
exactly.

Quality.
You want freesync, find a budget brand to match your budget graphics card.

Attached: 2BB5DBF5-7BB7-406A-8DB3-34BA82C0F546.png (975x617, 303K)

A quarter past never-ever. The real future is ULED.

>not 240hz
based

49" 60Hz 5120x1440 or kill yourself.
Gayman tech is for children.

Enjoy your gsync sourced input lag.

nice welfare cope

That's mostly available now. Stop buying your black market Korean trash. BenQ and Wasabi Mango.

He doesn't like black borders on his screen.

>Stop buying your black market Korean trash
>Wasabi Mango.

w2c then

>Goysync

God damnit i need glasses.

Attached: 1251029213751.jpg (182x195, 9K)

>Big dick mode
Yea I hope your freesync monitor runs at 60Hz or 1080p cuz otherwise AMD has no existing graphic processing hardware strong enough to run anything above it except for CSGO and league.

Is this a serious question?

redpill me on ultrawide vs dual monitor

Attached: 50830810_1002343329954209_6133119305674104235_n.jpg (1080x1350, 110K)

>what is VII
and if you really want to go full retard, water cooling plus OC will take it to 2080-2080ti levels.

>ultrawide vs dual monitor
Why not both you poorfag pleb who probably lives in a inner city cardboard box with not enough space for a proper desk.

Poor shill
Have you not seen the new graphics cards?
Enjoy the envy

>Poor shill
>promoting AMD
that is LITERALLY what you are.
a poor shill haha.

Imagine working on 2 4:3 monitors side by side with no bezel. For gaming single monitor always wins anyway.

>ultrawide
"No!"

"Out of my price range!"

How in the fuck is that a poorfag suggestion? A $1k tv will have both better gaming and video performance. Hes telling you not to waste your money on a shittier monitor.

I can afford a TV too. I'm asking about a fucking monitor because I'm not a penny pinching kike who has to choose one or the other.

Youre making no fucking sense. Buy a 55" tv for your monitor and then buy a 75" tv for your living room. Nothing screams poor as fuck as spending retarded amounts of money on something thats garbage quality. A television is objectively the better panel for gaming and video. Dont buy an ultrawide monitor for fags.

Based schizo

>A television is objectively the better panel for gaming
This is objectively false.

21:9 is closer to 2 * 5:4 btw

No, this is.
msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MPG341CQR

Attached: 1557431304709.png (1024x820, 388K)

>MSI
not even once.

I'm sorry you paid so much for a desktop

>owning a nice vesa system that you can mount new monitors onto whenever you upgrade
>choosing your monitor based on the piss-poor solution the manufacturer provides ootb

20:15 and 20:16 aren't that far apart though.
Multitasking on it is freaking sweet is what I'm trying to say anyway.

Even my Vega 56 gets 90-100fps on 1440p though

liar

>Fucking this.
This finally is an alternative for a three monitor setup.
Although from what I have heard, Asus ROG is making one too with 100 hz.

only casuals play csgo on 1080 though

>Asus ROG is making one too with 100 hz.
It will flicker and have shit tier light bleed and all the other baggage that comes with owning gaming brand garbage.
I'll gladly take a Dell or LG at 60hz than to give my money to gaymur cuck hardware makers.

What's the color accuracy? VESA?

Prefer this:
displayspecifications.com/en/model/91d8c5f

You been living in a cave the last year?

I looked at this monitor not long ago, but the shit reviews on Amazon is a red flag for me. I can't consider something that can't even break 50% 5 star rating. Kept reading the QC is ass.

Ultra wide sucks

Its really not. The newer samsungs and LGs have Freesync support out of the box and incredible GTG response times. Much better than any IPS monitor ever made.

>Freesync
Yea, i stopped exactly at that point.

I have the monitor. Its blurry as fuck and has horrible, retarded clouding. I'm thinking about getting an RMA based on the clouding. Also, Nvidia didnt certify it as "gsync compatible" for a reason. It works but freesync ruins the reaponse rate of the monitor.

Look at rtings. The new samsungs and LG oleds are thw best displays made for gaming ever.

Are we talking about console gayming or what?

My Freesync monitor maxes out the Freesync range at 90 Hz for some reason, so I just never use it. If I ever get to a point where I can only get 90 FPS instead of 200 then I'll enable it. It's 1440p btw.

No, PC gaming. 4k 120hz.

Attached: Screenshot_20190713-200127.jpg (1080x2340, 670K)

>pause game for 10 minutes
>burned options menu burned in on tv

>leave pc on empty desktop
>step outside for 30 minutes
>taskbar and windows logo burned in

It's a shit idea tbqh. I'll have to take a look.

>120hz
when it gets to 144 hz maybe
>is this the best monitor in the market guise??
>doesn't even mention the fucking resoluton
are you retarded?

Notice how nobody else had a problem figuring it out? I guess we now know who the retard is, sport.

120hz is the best middle ground for gaming and media consumption IMO

It's nice but it's too expensive for Jow Forums's parents. Maybe if you weren't such a bad son mummy would buy it for you.