What company is the most powerful to have on your CV work history...

What company is the most powerful to have on your CV work history? Is it true having Facebook on your CV is a guaranteed Job anywhere with a minimum of 200k?

Attached: 1493926980725.png (414x384, 10K)

I got a job at FB 6 months ago. 150k euro and plenty of job offers. Its pretty much a gateway to any company you want in the future.

Attached: Capture.png (1348x1093, 143K)

Google on your CV will get you in anywhere.

>contributed code to several large open source projects including the Linux kernel, Firefox, GIMP and LibreOffice
>struggled to get a job
it's not fair bros how can they prioritize proprietary binary blobs over me

Attached: 1537183083061.jpg (633x758, 68K)

I had 4 PRs that got merged into various Microsoft open source projects and I got an email from a MS recruiter asking me if I was interested in a position at their office in DC.

You contributed to the kernel user?
Tell us about it, we might hire you.

I added gender neutral pronouns to the comments.

user, we would be glad to have you on the team!

SpaceX

You could literally pick any open source project, run sonar lint on it, fix what it found, and claim to have hundreds of PRs into popular open source software.

Or just add a Cock.

FANG or pretty much any other well respected company.

Unfortunately "respected" just means name recognition.
I worked for one of the largest defense companies in the world - 90,000 employees, tens of thousands of supported contracts, maintained ~60% of the nuclear triad.
Easily arguable as one of the most important companies in the US.

Probably 80% of the people I talked to have never heard of them.

Public sector companies aren't going to care or know much of anything about private sector companies. Doesn't surprise me.

*sorry I got that backwards, private / public

We must hire xir at our startup.

Work at FAANG for a while if you can, it's great resume fluff and will change your life in general. While you are there, the money is good. Senior positions at these sorts of companies are commonly in the 300s and some high level individual contributors at FB report numbers around 4-500k on sites like teamblind in the US bay area or seattle.

Attached: 1550140243189.jpg (640x498, 86K)

>22 and graduating next year
>didn't get a single internship after applying to over 100
>literally ZERO WORK EXPERIENCE
behold Jow Forums. I am the most unemployable CS grad on this board.
at least I have a 3.7 GPA.

>Graduating at 22/23
How many years is Uni in there? In my shithole, Computer engineering is 6 years mininum, and I started college at 19 :/

In burgerland it's 3 years for a B.S.

>>graduating next year
So start applying for more internships.
Talk to your school's career counselor.
Does your school have a career fair? Fucking go to it.
If your school doesn't have career fairs, find a nearby school that does and go to theirs.

Fuck, fucking fuck shit fuck. Guess I'll have to work while studying to keep up.