No update since 2018. Am I supposed to buy a phone every year to get Android security fixes?

No update since 2018. Am I supposed to buy a phone every year to get Android security fixes?

Attached: asus_zenfone_3_max_zc520tl-2511 (8).jpg (979x552, 111K)

fuck no lol, keep it off wifi and cell data unless in active use

You should only buy Google phones, currently the pixel line, if you care about updates.

No you are supposed to buy applel. That's what you came here to say right?

>what is a custom rom
>what is an unlocked bootloader
not our fault if you are a brainlet

Buy phone with unlocked bootloader so you can flash new OS yourself.

No custom rom for zenfone 3

S7 is still receiving security patches.
Currently on June 2019, should of brought decent mobile

>buying a phone with no custom rom community
Ohnononono

>malware from india community
hokay

If you care about updates get Google or OnePlus phones. The OnePlus 3/3T just got fucking pie for gods sake

>ASUS
>a good manufacturer for anything
pick one

>Am I supposed to buy a phone every year to get Android security fixes?

Does your fucking piece of shit Asus smartphone work? Does it have any infections or malware or some kind of active exploit happening at this exact moment that's fucking it up and making it run slow or not at all, killing battery life and causing you nothing but fucking grief?

No? Then why the fuck are you stupid enough to make a post about this shit yet again like so many other fucking stupid people do when you are not actively having any actual problems at all?

GET THE FUCK OUT

But OP wants updates that purposefully throttle the phone to "improve" battery life

>Asus phone
That was your own fault.

You want a phone that gets security patches without having to root after something like 2 years, Samsung (though most devices only get quarterly ones). Otherwise any device that has decent custom ROM support (check how perfect latest LineageOS is on whatever you might plan to buy, don't be like me expecting the Mi Max 2 back then to get decent ROMs without some research)

>should of
Stay in school

Android One phones also get updates. My Mi A2 Lite will get security patches for a while. Still, Android update situation is horrid compared to Applel.

Let's be honest though, the people buying iPhone don't care about security patches, and they also replace their phone once every two years, so what's the difference

S8 still gets plenty of updates, even the OneUI garbage they said they wouldn't put on S8, fucking hell.

lineageOS is sweet

You do get security updates over Play Store.

google support model is so fucked up. this is the sole reason why you shouldn't buy poodroid

Now who's fucking fault is that? Install a GSI then if the bootloader is unlockable. If it isn't, you done goofed.